Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 190 [191192 ... 207 208 209 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: Random is getting beyond a joke. 6268 Antworten
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Einträge: 713
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #5701 geschrieben Mär 6 2018, 16:04:35 Zitat 
Frederico, I think you are mixing some things here:

Quote ( Frederico Pinto @ February 28th 2018,04:25:48 )

Guys, this gearbox was on race 5.

You won race 5, making one pitstop total. Pretty good for a random. Or was it another race?

The expected wear for that race was about 25% for CT40. Inded gearbox ended from 70 to 75.

Here and also in the wear summary (that is removed now but I saw it before) you claim it went from ~50% to ~75%.

Quote ( Frederico Pinto @ March 6th 2018,15:38:44 )

Guys, I again say once and for all, the gearbox was brand new.

So 50 to 75 or brand new?

Nevertheless, I stand with you here. 40-45 ct is perfectly fine risk, not to mention that risk randoms were removed long time ago. Also, a part failing at 0% or 50% or even 80%, while connected to part wear, is very unlikely and it's not something you could really avoid.

I'd ask you to calm down though. No one is undermining what you say (unless you give them data to do so) and the current discussion is unrelated to your case (although triggered by it).

I think your case is closed. Yes, that was unfortunate. Yes, you got your complain time and people sympathized with you. No, these didn't destroy your promotion season, you are even still 1st in your group. What else do you wish to accomplish here?
Mark Van Daalen
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Einträge: 590
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5702 geschrieben Mär 6 2018, 21:47:12 Zitat 
on topic...

Lap 44
Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one

AND........
thank you (best Oscar goes to my sick driver)
Ivan Silva
(Gruppe Master - 5)

Einträge: 5071
  Land:
Portugal 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #5703 geschrieben Mär 6 2018, 21:54:58 Zitat 
Just take my Money gpro. Now please throw a random to someone else in my group please, two randoms in five races is not random at all.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 2235
  Land:
Kolumbien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #5704 geschrieben Mär 7 2018, 09:27:53 (letzte Änderung Mär 7 2018, 09:30:20 von Edwin Silva) Zitat 
I'm copying this from another thread:

Quote ( Alex Holland @ March 7th 2018,01:50:19 )

My only comment on the weather is that it can be bad for the game when there are long streaks of any one type of weather that may favor one tire over another. While we expect "random" weather and we should expect times when we get a certain type of temperature, I am not sure it is good for the game when we have longer streaks of the same weather type.

The higher the racing level you go, the more important Motivation becomes, and yet at the same time the harder it is to gain and the easier it is to lose. In elite you can lose as much as 100 points in MOT from a bad race, train, etc.. When the temperatures go to, say 40c and higher, for multiple races it can start a domino effect. Someone with cold temps does badly, loses MOT, races again and does badly again. They loose more MOT., but this time has a sponsor complain. Third race, flat broke for MOT, another complaint by the sponsors, and you are closing in on a massive change in how effective you can race, which is neither any of your fault and no amount of planning can account for.

I completely agree with Alex here. Not only about weather, but also about randoms. I'm sharing you my recent experience, not to complain because of randoms being a joke, but simply because of the value of this anecdote. In the past ~35 races I've had 6 pure randoms plus 3 low risk start crashes. By pure randoms I mean pure randoms: punctures, a part giving up while still being quite unworn, stuff like that, and by start crashes I mean very unfortunate events, given I'm at a total of 7 start crashes (DNF + pitstop ones) in 465 GPs precisely because I'm very conservative with start risks.

I have never been a conspiracy guy, so I'll never suggest this streak is due to any kind of skewed mechanism. Actually, randoms alone, and given Vlad's data about pure randoms posted a few seasons ago, I calculate there are ~20-25 managers from Amateur to Elite going through a similar streak, so it isn't as if this sequence is statistically impossible. However, the consequences are extremely nasty, beyond whatever you can do so to steer the boat. It isn't about the very bad immediate consequences of the randoms, which are already quite bad, but the long term effect via driver moti. As for actual data, just in the last 14 races my driver has lost +260 motivation in start crashes plus randoms, while last race, with 22M in replacements and decent 9th/13th in qualys/race result, I recovered the whole grand total of 12 moti points. Given the huge influence of motivation on pace, this produces a negative feedback loop which further makes it harder to have a comeback.

Now, I repeat, I'm not complaining and I fully understand shit happens. However, preparation in this game takes a long time and it seems a bad gameplay to me that that preparation can go to drain due to stuff beyond the manager skill. This isn't even about me. I'm not preparing for anything. If anything, my package has only gone down ever since I put a foot on Master, so going down is only a matter of time no matter what. However, I can imagine this would be extremely nasty for a manager preparing for Elite. Also, the effect on the actual manager motivation is probably even worse. I, for one, gave up trying this season anymore, and a teammate is babysitting my account while I decide about my future in the game. After all, this ratio of 2.6 normal races per pure random/start crash in the last 34 races is anything but encouraging.

A few years ago I suggested a softcap on the pure random odds. Mind you, at that time I was at an actual quite lucky streak, so it wasn't a proposal about me. Plus it wouldn't be about me this time either; nothing can give me back what I've already lost and what I'm losing in the medium term future due to this bad streak. But I think that proposal needs to be reviewed, plus I also think either the motivation effect on pace or the motivation losses by causes beyond the manager's control should be tweaked as well. It seems stupid a driver can lose 70-100 moti points due to a random and then he requires more than half of a season of good results just to be back at day zero (and actually not at day zero, because of the whole intermediate losses in that period due to racing at motivation level quite worse than what it should have been). Two randoms in a short period, there is no way in hell to rebound from that unless you have amazing reserves to take the hit (and then again, those reserves where probably reserved for other stuff such as a promotion, not to recover from an unlucky and impossible to prevent streak).
Sam Wainwright
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 2843
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5705 geschrieben Mär 7 2018, 09:36:39 Zitat 
I still haven't recovered from back to back randoms in S59.

At least they're what I'm blaming.
Frederico Pinto
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Einträge: 29
  Land:
Portugal 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5706 geschrieben Mär 7 2018, 11:30:47 (letzte Änderung Mär 7 2018, 11:35:39 von Frederico Pinto) Zitat 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ March 6th 2018,16:04:35 )

<!-- GPRO300x250 -->

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1416128217260-0'); });

Frederico, I think you are mixing some things here:

Guys, this gearbox was on race 5.
You won race 5, making one pitstop total. Pretty good for a random. Or was it another race?

The expected wear for that race was about 25% for CT40. Inded gearbox ended from 70 to 75.
Here and also in the wear summary (that is removed now but I saw it before) you claim it went from ~50% to ~75%.

Quote ( Frederico Pinto @ March 6th 2018,15:38:44 )

Guys, I again say once and for all, the gearbox was brand new.
So 50 to 75 or brand new?

Nevertheless, I stand with you here. 40-45 ct is perfectly fine risk, not to mention that risk randoms were removed long time ago. Also, a part failing at 0% or 50% or even 80%, while connected to part wear, is very unlikely and it's not something you could really avoid.

I'd ask you to calm down though. No one is undermining what you say (unless you give them data to do so) and the current discussion is unrelated to your case (although triggered by it).

I think your case is closed. Yes, that was unfortunate. Yes, you got your complain time and people sympathized with you. No, these didn't destroy your promotion season, you are even still 1st in your group. What else do you wish to accomplish here?

Thank you for your interest.
I said at first time the gearbox was bellow 50% because I was 10000% sure the gearbox was never ever going tro reach 90%+ wear on race. After a few posts I said I was going to confirm the log I have recorded at my computer.
And after the confirmation I saw the pieca was brand new after all.

Yes, I won the race, even I got the random, no doubts in there. I went to pit and greabox was fixed. Still the random was there.

I placed the true log of car wear of the race but it was erased by a mod, saying this info was detailed and could not be shared. Sorry about that.

4 races after, another random (puncture) and this last had an important impact on the race. Never saw my oposition having this.

I also cannot say 40 CT is much because I never ever ran out of energy and end up in full recovery. Energy is balancing those CT 100 in lower groups.

This last race for example, CT30 used just 50% of my energy.
Robbert Bultstra
(Gruppe Amateur - 35)

Einträge: 650
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5707 geschrieben Mär 7 2018, 13:35:08 Zitat 
Even wen we had no Energy 40ct was allot in rookie.
Never had 40ct in rookie hahahha🙈
Joshua Michael
(Gruppe Rookie - 6)

Einträge: 44
  Land:
Südafrika 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5708 geschrieben Mär 13 2018, 19:30:23 Zitat 
I was in the running to be Promoted ..suddenly I have a DNF, my driver goes off track and I lose places that has now made it almost impossible to Promo this season...I am forced to go Negative to update my car all because of these so called random happenings.... It is bliking unfair...I have tried so many seasons to Promote to next but the "Random" server hits me everytime I am close.
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Einträge: 7849
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5709 geschrieben Mär 13 2018, 19:32:48 Zitat 
dnf?

you finished every race from what I can see? 5th last time?
Dominik Karda
(Gruppe Amateur - 54)

Einträge: 5431
  Land:
Tschechische Republik 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5710 geschrieben Mär 13 2018, 19:34:53 Zitat 
Unless he meant the driver mistakes...
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 6689
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #5711 geschrieben Mär 13 2018, 19:36:52 Zitat 
Quote ( Joshua Michael @ March 13th 2018,19:30:23 )

I was in the running to be Promoted ..suddenly I have a DNF, my driver goes off track and I lose places that has now made it almost impossible to Promo this season...I am forced to go Negative to update my car all because of these so called random happenings.... It is bliking unfair...I have tried so many seasons to Promote to next but the "Random" server hits me everytime I am close.

Well starting on dry's on a full wet race, blaming your driver and firing him everytime doesn't help either
If you are struggling to promote out of rookie, are you really ready for amateur? I dont think so, especially if you have to go to negative to do it
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 13th 2018,19:32:48 )

you finished every race from what I can see? 5th last time?

This was R9 it looks like he punctured
Florencia Caro
(Gruppe Master - 3)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 17155
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5712 geschrieben Mär 13 2018, 20:01:29 Zitat 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ March 13th 2018,19:36:52 )

If you are struggling to promote out of rookie, are you really ready for amateur? I dont think so, especially if you have to go to negative to do it

I agree with this.

You are missing something Joshua, it's likely you are not picking your drivers well so far. If you are struggling financially, there's also the chance that you are upgrading the car more often than really needed, with the idea that a fresher car or higher risks will compensate and get your driver better pace. If the driver is not right, fresher car or better parts are not the solution.
Scott Wood
(Gruppe Amateur - 101)

Einträge: 237
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5713 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 07:01:25 Zitat 
2 randoms in 3 races, and hardly any risks is a joke,
Josef Müller
(Gruppe Rookie - 26)

Einträge: 26
  Land:
Österreich 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (8)
Alter Eintrag #5714 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 07:43:19 Zitat 

that's what he gets for playing the game "as intended" instead of just looking things up on "forbidden" sites or getting the info from team/mentor. the usual off-topic rookie bashing whenever possible. well done!
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Einträge: 1502
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #5715 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 07:53:08 (letzte Änderung Mär 14 2018, 07:56:56 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
Quote ( Josef Müller @ March 14th 2018,07:43:19 )

that's what he gets for playing the game "as intended" instead of just looking things up on "forbidden" sites or getting the info from team/mentor. the usual off-topic rookie bashing whenever possible. well done!

Josef, that is extremely rude and an unjust comment about Kyle. He is one of the nicer and more helpful blokes in the game.
If you don't want to listen to advice from people who know then that is fine BUT do not make false accusations back at them please.
Remind us never to help you in chat 😜
Joshua Michael
(Gruppe Rookie - 6)

Einträge: 44
  Land:
Südafrika 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (7)
Alter Eintrag #5716 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 08:26:31 Zitat 
Andrew I think you are also being rude...when you are a Pro it is seems you like to do as others do...Bash those who are trying to do a legitimate race...but, it seems as Josef says..Rookie Bashing from the top lot is the way to go instead of trying to give some pointers....I guess from now...its race and shut up and just do as I see fit ...I will get there without any rubbish talk and snide remarks. Thanks but no thanks.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5717 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 10:26:36 (letzte Änderung Mär 14 2018, 10:33:36 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
Quote ( Joshua Michael @ March 14th 2018,08:26:31 )

Andrew I think you are also being rude...when you are a Pro it is seems you like to do as others do...Bash those who are trying to do a legitimate race...but, it seems as Josef says..Rookie Bashing from the top lot is the way to go instead of trying to give some pointers....I guess from now...its race and shut up and just do as I see fit ...I will get there without any rubbish talk and snide remarks. Thanks but no thanks.

Absolute BS Mate.
1; Are you aware I use to run the mentor program.
2; I have also formed two new teams that have developed to be very successful mostly from Rookies.
3: I have spent a lot of time in chat assisting other players.
4; I have found great long term plan drivers for many Mates. Even some who were competing against me in the same group.
So please get your facts straight, I have never Rookie bashed as you accuse me of, or Kyle and the accusations against him.
Iveta Lazdāne
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Einträge: 837
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5718 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 10:38:44 Zitat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ March 14th 2018,10:26:36 )

Absolute BS Mate.
1; Are you aware I use to run the mentor program.
2; I have also formed two new teams that have developed to be very successful mostly from Rookies.
3: I have spent a lot of time in chat assisting other players.
4; I have found great long term plan drivers for many Mates. Even some who were competing against me in the same group.
So please get your facts straight, I have never Rookie bashed as you accuse me of, or Kyle and the accusations against him.

5. You have the Evil one :D
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5719 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 12:24:51 (letzte Änderung Mär 14 2018, 12:52:17 von Kyle Morris) Zitat 
Quote (Josef Muller @ March 14th 2018,07:53:08 )

I've never bashed a rookie, I am just telling it how it is. In rookie you learn to play the game, like you,me, Roland, anyone that's been here has to start somewhere. Noone is going to give you things for free to be successful you must learn how to playnthe game and rookie is perfect for it. Once you feel ready enough, and look like you can succeed in amateur where the "real game" starts shal we say then youbsjould promote it just looks to me and especially with what Joshua says in chat that he isn't ready yet. By all meansyeah he can promote but I can just see him struggling since he is struggling to get out of rookie (and using quite a bit of risks which is never a good thing) my advice is always open to anyone who wants the help. It's just if people choose to listen or take it
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5720 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 12:50:28 (letzte Änderung Mär 14 2018, 13:17:25 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
No idea why that quote from Kyle has my name and not Josef's.
Just wanted to clarify that

Edit: thanks for fixing it
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5721 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 12:53:15 Zitat 
It's probably because I am on my mobile at the moment. There is a few niggly bits that happen like that or the post reply disappearing when you write a lot of text like I did with that
Lyee Chong
(Gruppe Pro - 25)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 1307
  Land:
Malaysia 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5722 geschrieben Mär 14 2018, 12:57:28 Zitat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ March 14th 2018,12:50:28 )

No idea why that quote from Kyle has my name and not Josef's.
Just wanted to clarify that
smearing ;)

Quote ( Kyle Morris @ March 14th 2018,12:53:15 )

It's probably because I am on my mobile at the moment. There is a few niggly bits that happen like that or the post reply disappearing when you write a lot of text like I did with that
and this is excuse :D
Gastón Paris
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 246
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5723 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 16:46:26 Zitat 
It would be nice if admin incorporates this kind of random to Gpro. ;-)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/3/the-unus...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5724 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 17:10:57 Zitat 
Yeah, to replace the completely unrealistic "your driver got sick in his helmet and it had to be replaced".

Drivers do get sick in their helmets... but they just carry on with it. :D
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5725 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 17:32:35 Zitat 
That sandwich bag would come in mighty handy if the driver gets sick too!
Alexander Kunze
(Gruppe Amateur - 110)

Einträge: 185
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5726 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 21:22:54 Zitat 
Good idea :D

And you know ... grid girls don't use to have plastic sandwich bags in their pocket, but grid kids likely do ... ;)

So we'll see more of those randoms in real F1 this season ;)
Florencia Caro
(Gruppe Master - 3)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 17155
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5727 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 21:54:29 Zitat 
Quote ( Alexander Kunze @ March 26th 2018,21:22:54 )

And you know ... grid girls don't use to have plastic sandwich bags in their pocket, but grid kids likely do ... ;)

So we'll see more of those randoms in real F1 this season ;)

ROFL, can we expect "A scale model F1 car got stuck in an outlet and your driver had to pit early" too? :D
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Einträge: 5215
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5728 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 22:32:32 Zitat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 26th 2018,17:10:57 )

Yeah, to replace the completely unrealistic "your driver got sick in his helmet and it had to be replaced".

Might want to ask Mark Webber if getting sick in the helmet is unrealistic.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5729 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 22:41:28 Zitat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ March 26th 2018,21:54:29 )

A scale model F1 car got stuck in an outlet

I envision Mr Flo screaming "SOLO SALIDA!". Hope he didn't have to stay too long in the hospital.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5730 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 22:44:17 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ March 26th 2018,22:32:32 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 26th 2018,17:10:57 )

Might want to ask Mark Webber if getting sick in the helmet is unrealistic.

Might want to read. ;)
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 190 [191192 ... 207 208 209 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten