Kevin Buis
(Gruppe Amateur - 65)

Einträge: 1175
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #31 geschrieben Aug 11 2014, 12:14:52 Zitat 
Quote ( Christopher Oldham @ August 11th 2014,11:52:25 )

Asked them if they know anyone in Australia or something? It would be a perfect solution to make this game more global.

Or one of them just move to Australia, weather will be a lot better than Germany/Sweden anyway.

on a serious note; I don't see any problem in moving some racetimes to European mornings. If the race is for example at 8 or 10am CET, the admins will most likely be awake. I don't think they run this game in their free time, this must be a fulltime job for them? In that case they can wake up early once in a week to give other timezones a good game experience as well.
George Odhis
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Einträge: 317
  Land:
Kenia 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #32 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 21:39:12 (letzte Änderung Aug 13 2014, 21:45:48 von George Odhis) Zitat 
When people (including 'crew') talk on behalf of the admins, do they mean that the admins confide in them? ...my point-Just because you disagree with a point of view does not make it bad (including to the admin)!

...Please be kind to discuss suggestions on the basis of their merits/demerits, not from the admins' perspective. Let the admins decide on their availability or otherwise, as it suits them-funny how thinking for the admins is the norm in gpro.

Who knows whether the admins already welcome the suggestion but only want to gauge how many of the players support it? After all, a game is usually tailored to meet the requirements of the players like any other products you want to sell out there!

(Please don't comment on whether it's free or not. That is beside the point).

Edit: an example is someone saying that the idea is bad because the 'admins won't be available' at the suggested time! Isn't it wiser to let them decide that and communicate?
Andrei Ciuchi
(Gruppe Master - 1)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 21510
  Land:
Rumänien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #33 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 21:47:58 Zitat 
Quote ( George Odhis @ August 13th 2014,21:39:12 )

Isn't it wiser to let them decide that and communicate?

A lack of statements is sometimes a way to communicate. :)
Joe Manifold
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Einträge: 12472
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #34 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 21:49:02 Zitat 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ August 13th 2014,21:47:58 )

It either means that there is no chance it will be done, or it is so good they are keeping it under wraps. :P

(I expect this one is the first)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Gruppe Master - 1)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 21510
  Land:
Rumänien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #35 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 21:51:39 (letzte Änderung Aug 13 2014, 21:52:21 von Andrei Ciuchi) Zitat 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ August 13th 2014,21:49:02 )

It either means that there is no chance it will be done, or it is so good they are keeping it under wraps. :P

There you go. :)

Quote ( Joe Manifold @ August 13th 2014,21:49:02 )

(I expect this one is the first)

That's my guess.

But that's as good as it gets from me ... A guess. If someone wants more, wait for the admins to say something.

And we're back to square one ... :)

Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ August 13th 2014,21:47:58 )

Gordon Ashford
(Gruppe Retired)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 10965
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #36 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 21:57:57 Zitat 
Quote ( George Odhis @ August 13th 2014,21:39:12 )

When people (including 'crew') talk on behalf of the admins, do they mean that the admins confide in them? ...my point-Just because you disagree with a point of view does not make it bad (including to the admin)!

If the admins think something is a bad idea, then it wont happen in the game....simples

As for 'crew' talking on behalf of the admins, that usually comes from previous experience and similar threads.

My opinion here is that a thread about more races per week comes into scope (which can be found in the wiki)

http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Common_Suggestions_%26_...

from wiki
"You should know by now that any idea involving any kind of big race, a 24h race, Sunday race, 3 races per week, super league during the off season, non official races of any kind, etc is doomed not to be implemented :)"

this would also cover off races being at any time other than the times of the races. I know (because of previous conversations) that in the period between the end of qualifying and the actual race, there is (or at least was last time this came up) a fair amount of 'work' including (but not limited to) running and checking the race scripts.

Moving the race to any other time of day would cause the admins problems in running this stuff whilst keeping that time between the end of qually and the race itself as short as possible without impinging on their own lives and activities (work & family etc).

So it is quite easy (in this instance) to talk on behalf of the admins.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Einträge: 33335
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #37 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 22:02:30 Zitat 
Quote ( Dean Francis @ August 9th 2014,04:18:29 )

I always watch the race replays, I am fine with that but I want to get involved in my team's chat during the race. My team enjoys chatting during the race and with the current race time I cannot join the chat

Not read the thread, but stop me if someone has already mentioned this...your logic is seriously flawed; you might be able to get on Chat with a new race time, but would your teammates?
Joe Manifold
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #38 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 22:26:25 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 13th 2014,22:02:30 )

Not read the thread, but stop me if someone has already mentioned this...your logic is seriously flawed; you might be able to get on Chat with a new race time, but would your teammates?

Yes; the post after.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #39 geschrieben Aug 13 2014, 22:42:46 Zitat 
Great minds.: )
Stefan Voggenreither
(Administrator)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 6818
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #40 geschrieben Aug 14 2014, 00:36:30 Zitat 
Okay, statement from the admin: Indeed we don't like to change the time to suit a different time zone. GPRO is not my only job, I have a normal job too. I would not be available for bug searching in case of problems during the day and especially not during the night, But if there is a complicated problem, we need to search both and communicate with each other. And you all know how impatiently the players can become when there is even a short delay ;-) I don't want to imagine what happens if a problem occurs during the night at the new race time and nobody is there to fix it....
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #41 geschrieben Aug 14 2014, 00:48:13 Zitat 
Make Flo do it; it ain't like she does anything else on here. :)
Florencia Caro
(Gruppe Elite)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 17140
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #42 geschrieben Aug 14 2014, 01:30:37 Zitat 
That is not the point, Michael, Mr. Voggenreither has a day job he has to attend. During the night he plays Neuronball, he administrates GPRO and is also known as Steffie. He won't quit his day job for none of those 3 things and he made it clear :D
Joe Manifold
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #43 geschrieben Aug 14 2014, 01:38:36 (letzte Änderung Aug 14 2014, 01:38:44 von Joe Manifold) Zitat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ August 14th 2014,01:30:37 )

and is also known as Steffie.

I would hate to know why. :P
Jeremy Woden
(Gruppe Rookie - 19)

Einträge: 6
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #44 geschrieben Aug 14 2014, 01:44:12 Zitat 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ August 14th 2014,01:38:36 )

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ August 14th 2014,01:30:37 )

and is also known as Steffie.

I would hate to know why. :P

FOBY
Jean Chapados
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 276
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (5)
Alter Eintrag #45 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 01:31:49 (letzte Änderung Apr 7 2018, 01:32:17 von Jean Chapados) Zitat 
I think this is a good idea, last time it was suggested the driver energy was not implemented. Therefore I think GPRO should consider this suggestion.

By moving Tuesday race to 8AM it will equilibrate the gap between each race to exactly 60hrs. Now they are at 72 and 48hrs. It will allow the same time for the driver to retrieve their energy. Also it might be good for some people that are on a different time zone as mentioned on this post.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #46 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 01:35:06 Zitat 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ April 7th 2018,01:31:49 )

It will allow the same time for the driver to retrieve their energy

I'd have a closer look at the energy recovery from race to race. You'll spot a difference, or better: a lack of difference ;)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #47 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 01:35:26 Zitat 
The total amount of energy recovered between races is identical, no matter if the race is on a Friday or on a Tuesday. The GPRO admins were smart enough to program it like that. ;)

That doesn't mean that differentiating race times is necessarily a bad thing though (I have no opinion about it).
Dainius Zaveckas
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Einträge: 79
  Land:
Litauen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #48 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 02:00:44 (letzte Änderung Apr 7 2018, 02:06:10 von Dainius Zaveckas) Zitat 
Edit: Noticed 4 years gap :|
Jean Chapados
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #49 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 02:06:01 Zitat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ April 7th 2018,01:35:26 )

The total amount of energy recovered between races is identical, no matter if the race is on a Friday or on a Tuesday. The GPRO admins were smart enough to program it like that. ;)

That doesn't mean that differentiating race times is necessarily a bad thing though (I have no opinion about it).

Oh, I never noticed since I never spend all the energy and never had to worry about it.
Kieran Taylor
(Gruppe Rookie - 157)

Einträge: 431
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #50 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 02:12:14 Zitat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ August 11th 2014,11:45:24 )

If Someone who can´t see the race "live" (it´s not really live, server runs the race before and what you see it´s just a graphical representation of it) and are some managers as you say Steven, why don´t you talk between yourselves and meet at certain hour to watch the race and chat? Isn´t it the same?

this^^^ from 2014 still stands
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Retired)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 14356
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #51 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 09:08:47 (letzte Änderung Apr 7 2018, 09:09:47 von Kevin Parkinson) Zitat 

I think this is a good idea, last time it was suggested the driver energy was not implemented. Therefore I think GPRO should consider this suggestion

Who said driver energy shouldn't be implemented? The community may have, but I doubt admin came out and said it wouldn't. Admin have made a statement on this suggestion...
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ August 14th 2014,00:36:30 )

Okay, statement from the admin: Indeed we don't like to change the time to suit a different time zone. GPRO is not my only job, I have a normal job too. I would not be available for bug searching in case of problems during the day and especially not during the night, But if there is a complicated problem, we need to search both and communicate with each other. And you all know how impatiently the players can become when there is even a short delay ;-) I don't want to imagine what happens if a problem occurs during the night at the new race time and nobody is there to fix it....

By moving Tuesday race to 8AM

surely is never going to happen for the reasons already pointed out and Stephan reiterated - admin need to be available despite having "normal" jobs.

Of course, situations can change but I wouldn't hold out much hope for this kind of change.

By moving Tuesday race to 8AM it will equilibrate the gap between each race to exactly 60hrs. Now they are at 72 and 48hrs.

Erm, your maths is off.
Chris Lee
(Gruppe Rookie - 162)

Einträge: 582
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #52 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 09:21:58 (letzte Änderung Apr 7 2018, 09:33:39 von Chris Lee) Zitat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 7th 2018,09:08:47 )

Who said driver energy shouldn't be implemented?

I don't think that was his point, only that Energy was not a thing when the suggestion was originally made.

Erm, your maths is off.

Erm, no. He's right that the gap will be equal if the Tuesday race is started 12 hours early as he suggests.

surely is never going to happen for the reasons already pointed out and Stefan* reiterated

But this is fact so we should probably all move on.
Gordon Douglas
(Gruppe Rookie - 113)

Einträge: 71
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #53 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 10:24:54 Zitat 
regards the maths:
his maths are off, the conclusion is right.

7 days = 168h

Tuesday 8am - 8pm = 12h
Tuesday 8pm - Friday 8pm = 3d = 72h
72h + 12h = 84h

Friday 8pm - Sat 8am = 12h
Sat 8am - Tue 8am = 3d = 72h
72h + 12h = 84h

Happy weekend everybody
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Retired)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 14356
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #54 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 10:47:40 (letzte Änderung Apr 7 2018, 10:53:05 von Kevin Parkinson) Zitat 
Quote ( Chris Lee @ April 7th 2018,09:21:58 )

I don't think that was his point, only that Energy was not a thing when the suggestion was originally made.

Possibly. I think it was his point (but could well be mistaken), as sure he (or others) have mentioned it before. Energy was suggested and didn't get popular support but was implemented anyway. Or maybe I'm thinking of tyre suppliers :p

A suggestion doesn't need to have popular support to be implemented - just need admins to think it has merit. As has been pointed out though, this does not have admin support.

Quote ( Chris Lee @ April 7th 2018,09:21:58 )

Erm, no. He's right that the gap will be equal if the Tuesday race is started 12 hours early as he suggests.

But his numbers are wrong (which is what I quoted and responded to :p). I didn't say his conclusion about equal time was incorrect :)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #55 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 11:42:29 Zitat 
Kevin, going by context of Jean’s message (equal time between races to have equal energy recovery) i’m pretty convinced he was just referring to the fact that the suggestions in this thread were all made before driver energy was introduced to the game, and thus worth revisiting ;)
Jean Chapados
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #56 geschrieben Apr 7 2018, 16:35:07 Zitat 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ April 7th 2018,11:42:29 )

Kevin, going by context of Jean’s message (equal time between races to have equal energy recovery) i’m pretty convinced he was just referring to the fact that the suggestions in this thread were all made before driver energy was introduced to the game, and thus worth revisiting ;)

Correct. Agree also that my math was wrong 84 is the good number.
Seite « 1 [2 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:

auf dieses Thema antworten