Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 63 [6465 ... 85 86 87 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: Double Accounts & Fake Names 2582 Antworten
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 3248
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1890 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:09:59 (letzte Änderung Apr 24 2016, 17:13:03 von Robert Kearney) Zitat 
So what are you saying Jim ?

Let everybody cheat and have as many accounts as they want ?

Timing a push with a team is all part of the game because it's the same for everybody.

However, with cheating for a team (or even by yourself) by having multiple accounts..... That's NOT what most teams do. That is why it is unacceptable. I don't seriously see as you are actually being serious. If it's too hot get out of the kitchen.... Don't buy a takeaway and pass it off as your own !

Ps I will be taking a closer look at American Rejects from now on. Are they actually All American as you claim or AN American ? Put your head above the parapet.... Expect to get shot at !
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1891 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:19:25 Zitat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ April 24th 2016,15:45:41 )

Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 24th 2016,15:27:40 )

Three teams of ten each is thirty players. If they all had double or multiple accounts they would get huge data.
but what for? Data from 2 or 3 accounts is more than enough for every track.

More data = more accurate calculations ! Simple.

If you collect it with a team of 30 that's fair because it's within the rules. Doing two or three accounts is errrrrrr........ CHEATING !

If you need more data, don't cheat, join a team and share. I really can't understand guys that are trying to condone double or Multiple accounts unless they are actually benefitting from them. Why would you be arguing for them if you only had one account anyway ?
Janne Väänänen
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 4888
  Land:
Finnland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #1892 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:27:48 Zitat 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 24th 2016,17:19:25 )

Why would you be arguing for them if you only had one account anyway ?

why would you be arguing for prisoners' human rights if you werent a criminal?
why would you be arguing against gogole's rights to spy on you if you didnt have anything to hide?
etc.

ps. sharing his team with a past DA owner didnt seem to be a problem for our latest drama queen in the past :)
Jim Sikma
(Gruppe Pro - 23)

Einträge: 607
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (5)
Alter Eintrag #1893 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:31:12 Zitat 
I'm saying that the rule seems to be causing more trouble than it's worth, and maybe it has come time to revisit whether it should be a rule anymore.

Is the point of the rule to prevent someone from getting more than one data point per race? If that is the case, then having teams completely defeats that purpose. There is no practical difference between 10 people sharing their data or 5 people running 2 accounts each and sharing their data.

Is the point of the rule to prevent a couple of people from controlling the entire top leagues? There is already collusion between teammates to not bid on the same drivers or TDs in staff markets, and with shared tools there is no practical difference between whether there are 10 people behind those accounts or two.

The tools built by teams and easily found via google cause much more damage to the game than any number of DAs could do. You can take an average manager, give them access to a top team's tools and information and they'll cruise to the top much faster than they would if they were allowed to run 10 of their own accounts.

Feel free to waste your time looking at our team, even if we were cheating we're doing a piss poor job of it. Our team is even behind yours in the standings.

Shoaib Mohamed
(Gruppe Amateur - 18)

Einträge: 9817
  Land:
Indien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (8)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1894 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:38:10 Zitat 
The biggest problem in the game due to DA's isn't additional data gained by the DAers. The biggest problem is the artificial competition it creates.
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1895 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 17:45:04 Zitat 
Again, let's change the rules for the benefit of the minority. If they get caught they get a smack on the wrists and a 5 game ban, that's two and a half weeks FFS.

If multiple accounts are allowed then it becomes a free for all and the game truly becomes pointless playing for the vast majority.

Let's keep the rules for the vast majority of fair and competitive managers who co-operate and don't undermine the rules. That means no multiple accounts and if you cheat and get caught don't go whining to admin when in my opinion you should be banned for life.

We have lost too many managers who are getting fed up with this pathetic cheating. And to what end ? You cheat the game, your team, other GPRO players and most if all you cheat yourself !

By the way Jim , I agree, your team Is doing a "piss poor job of it" but what about the future ? That's the problem isn't it ?
Jim Sikma
(Gruppe Pro - 23)

Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #1896 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 18:07:33 Zitat 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 24th 2016,17:45:04 )

Again, let's change the rules for the benefit of the minority.

Rules change over time. There used to be a rule that allowed someone like me to own a black person, but that rule was changed. Coincidentally that rule was changed for the benefit of the minority.

Again, if the rule were dropped, what actually changes other than there being more participants in races, and no more witch-hunting?
Tim Wagner
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 6250
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1897 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 19:25:05 Zitat 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ April 24th 2016,18:07:33 )

Again, if the rule were dropped, what actually changes other than there being more participants in races, and no more witch-hunting?

The same people would dominate nearly 90% of the upper regions and all "exciting battles" would probably be purely artificial or in reality be just X's B-Account versus Y's C & D-Account.

The whole idea of allowing DAs is dumb and would kill the game.

P.S: I also love how you compare slavery to a frigging Double account Rules about DAs. Geez. And it's not like there haven't been dumb rule changes in the past, but I assume this is when shit in that comparision gets complicated.

Don't worry though, Im the first to do join in with such nonsense. Uuuuuuuhm.... allowing DAs would be as bad as.... uhhhhm... the Holocaust. Or 7/11.

What the hell man?
Jim Sikma
(Gruppe Pro - 23)

Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1898 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 20:05:56 Zitat 
Quote ( Tim Wagner @ April 24th 2016,19:25:05 )

P.S: I also love how you compare slavery to a frigging Double account Rules about DAs. Geez. And it's not like there haven't been dumb rule changes in the past, but I assume this is when shit in that comparision gets complicated.

Don't worry though, Im the first to do join in with such nonsense. Uuuuuuuhm.... allowing DAs would be as bad as.... uhhhhm... the Holocaust. Or 7/11.

What the hell man?

It was meant as a play on words. I never said it was a good rule, but it literally fit the example of a rule changed to benefit the minority. I'll admit, it was in poor taste.

Anyway, how could you tell whether or not you're racing against 39 people making their own decisions and doing their own calculations today?

Chances are some of those players are already doing whatever their team tool tells them to do. How is that any different than if it were a DA?
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1899 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 20:39:00 Zitat 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ April 24th 2016,20:05:56 )

Quote ( Tim Wagner @ April 24th 2016,19:25:05 )

What the hell man?

It was meant as a play on words. I never said it was a good rule, but it literally fit the example of a rule changed to benefit the minority. I'll admit, it was in poor taste.

Anyway, how could you tell whether or not you're racing against 39 people making their own decisions and doing their own calculations today?

Chances are some of those players are already doing whatever their team tool tells them to do. How is that any different than if it were a DA?

Because using a teams tools that you and your team have developed isn't against the rules ! When the rules change, all well and good. But they haven't. And this debate isn't about whether there should be multiple accounts or not. Most guys, the vast majority abide by the rules. Those who don't if caught, it should be curtains !

If the rules change then of course it will be acceptable..... But I and I believe a vast majority of guys will vote with their feet.

I am the first to admit I have benefitted hugely from my team. I have benefitted from their tools too as they have far higher understanding of maths, IT, computer programming from me. I have their trust and they have mine. I would be seriously concerned if any were found to be cheats as that would taint me too. I absolutely doubt any of them have multiple accounts.

I seriously get exasperated when analogies are made with things from history. People break rules to benefit themselves but they spoil it for others. So, it's plain selfish and will be the death of this, or any other game, if it's deemed unfair.

I hope we can just increase the punishments rather than discuss relaxing the rule because it's very hard to prove one way or the other. GPRO have a DUTY to find and punish offenders and abusers.

I am not a whistle blower, I don't really know anybody that I suspect of having a DA but if guys have reported them and nothing happens then it will fail.
David Jones-Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 3802
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1900 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 21:40:58 Zitat 
Robert you talk about da as being cheats but what is actually a cheat.

Could a team hopper be considered a cheat?

Was one of the biggest teams in this game created by a cheat by stealing data from another big team (setup calc)
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Einträge: 1386
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1901 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 21:47:19 Zitat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ April 24th 2016,21:40:58 )

Was one of the biggest teams in this game created by a cheat by stealing data from another big team (setup calc)

That isnt against the rules ..Having more than 1 account is.
David Jones-Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 3802
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (4)
Alter Eintrag #1902 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 21:51:05 Zitat 
Rules were made to be broken.

Just think of using your phone whilst driving. Everyone has done it at least once because you don't expect to get caught but when you do its pretty much a slap on the wrist just like a 5 race ban.

If you were to lose your license then you'd think twice before doing it
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (7)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1903 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 22:17:29 Zitat 
A rule is a rule made NOT to be broken ..

And Ive never used a phone whilst driving either .
Jack Wemyss
(Gruppe Amateur - 73)

Einträge: 8061
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1904 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 22:59:12 Zitat 
So if they ban E-cigs will you stop using them too?
Mick Ridley
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 2604
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1905 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 22:59:52 Zitat 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ April 24th 2016,17:38:10 )

The biggest problem in the game due to DA's isn't additional data gained by the DAers. The biggest problem is the artificial competition it creates.

This, and only this :|
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #1906 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 23:18:41 Zitat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ April 24th 2016,21:40:58 )

Well, some others have said what I was going to.
It's against the rules. If you get caught you should have the book thrown at you not the paltry punishments introduced. Team hoppers are the responsibility of the teams. GPRO are in charge of stopping Multiple accounts.

There is a difference too I will accept between this and driving while using a mobile phone. Rules are not meant to be broken but it doesn't stop people ( hopefully a small minority) from doing so. Speeding in a car, we have all done it.... But if caught you get points on your licence and a fine. There is an incentive to do so. But speeding in a car can kill, same with your driving while using a mobile. I don't know of anybody being killed playing GPRO.

Once again, I can't understand why somebody of your calibre is actually putting forward this view though. There is no rule about team hopping is there ?

I accept and follow what you say that more severe punishments for DAs would be better like you say about losing your licence. That would be a step forward.

Just replying to you now. I honestly am getting agitated that some managers are really putting forward the view that multiple accounts should be allowed so I will pull out of this debate here.

Cheats break the rules, if they get caught they should have the book thrown at them. A five game ban is truly pathetic.
Adrian Summers
(Gruppe Amateur - 18)

Einträge: 2292
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (9)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #1907 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 23:21:45 (letzte Änderung Apr 24 2016, 23:32:47 von Adrian Summers) Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ April 24th 2016,22:17:29 )

And Ive never used a phone whilst driving either .
Same here. Not because I was worried about getting caught, but because I'd rather not wreck my car or even possibly kill somebody for a phone call or text.
Quote ( Andrei Harnicu @ April 24th 2016,13:12:37 )

Centellas was in Elite and he have a lot of experience. But he isn't good at finance.
This seems like amazing insight for someone with a total of 12.2 hours in the game.
Mark Mctaggart
(Gruppe Rookie - 127)

Einträge: 531
  Land:
Neuseeland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1908 geschrieben Apr 24 2016, 23:39:28 Zitat 
This is so stupid, i cant understand why people are defending or even trying to defend DA's, rules are rules, sure people will break rules but if they do and are caught make the punsihment hard:

relegation to roookie - instant, a full season ban on top of it, even if they promote every season it will take months to get back to what they had

or

Leave them where they are, no race ban, take there driver off them, and block drivers so they cant get another give them a crap rookie driver, return them to lvl 1 car, no matter how good there data is they will fall back down the ranks the hard way

this way will take months to get back to rookie, then they can start over and many more months on end to get back to what they had before

either way it would be a very long process - a life ban im sure if they cheated once they would just make a name up and start again this way life gets real boring for them!
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1909 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 08:57:30 Zitat 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ April 24th 2016,22:59:12 )

So if they ban E-cigs will you stop using them too?

not going to ban all Ecigs just make it easier for you to smoke tobacco instead.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Einträge: 2441
  Land:
Island 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1910 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 09:29:50 (letzte Änderung Apr 25 2016, 09:31:29 von Atli Thor Johannesson) Zitat 
What's often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"????

I'm always very suspicious of the toughest ones, demanding the hardest of punishments in their self righteous fury.
Adrian Summers
(Gruppe Amateur - 18)

Einträge: 2292
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1911 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 10:49:32 Zitat 
I give up... What is often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"? Should this have been in the joke thread?
Kuba Szajbel
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Einträge: 4230
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1912 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 11:17:35 Zitat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ April 25th 2016,09:29:50 )

What's often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"????
Pizzaman
Ivars Vilks
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Einträge: 37
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1913 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 14:04:22 Zitat 
Quote ( Adrian Summers @ April 25th 2016,10:49:32 )

I give up... What is often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"? Should this have been in the joke thread?

... or Sigmund Freud thread
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1914 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 14:20:20 (letzte Änderung Apr 25 2016, 14:21:51 von Michael Keeney) Zitat 
I'll always be against DAs(Cheats) The reason around the DA is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure they only run them for fun.

That being said. Think about the Knowledge, Tools don't pick up, The major point at the moment is sponsor knowledge from having a DA. That imo is invaluable. No one can afford to experiment with sponsors on their main accounts. Yes I know most teams know how to negotiate with sponsors. However it's the only area that kinda seperates the men from the boys in a way.

However what Shoaib said is very apt to the situation now about artificial competition.

We also have the problem that it seems Shadow really misjudged this ban. When Vlad is saying the 5 race ban is pretty soft then obviously we have an issue here.

I think some more communication would have been nice. A weekly update or something. However we are in a situation now where we have no suitable community manager. Can any of you think of one? I can't sadly.

I think what Alexei said shows how honest he has been. Sadly yes some of his team have let him down and the community, I'm sure these members feel very embarrassed.

I think what we need to think about is what exactly do people want to happen? Instance ban or tougher punishment? I could reccomend some things but I'm asking the rest of you as a community. What exactly do you want to happen if for example Joe Bloggs is found with a DA today. What would you have Shadow do if he's 100% that account is a DA?
Jon Day
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 10019
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #1915 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 16:57:50 (letzte Änderung Apr 25 2016, 16:58:40 von Jon Day) Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ April 25th 2016,14:20:20 )

I'm sure these members feel very embarrassed.
I'm willing to bet they dont! I'll go as far as say they wont even be close to feeling embarrassed about the fact they cheated!
I'll be amazed if they feel even the slightest bit embarrassed about being caught.
People who would feel embarrassed wouldnt cheat in the first place.
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1916 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 17:19:52 (letzte Änderung Apr 25 2016, 17:20:58 von Michael Keeney) Zitat 
I suppose I'm trying to have an optimistic view on the current situation and hope they see the error of their ways. The 5 race ban outcome might not really deter people in reality.

I'm usually very pessimistic but I do like to see the good in everyone or rather hope their is good in everyone. I'm not sure I'd like to know anyone without a conscience.
Phil Maunder
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Einträge: 10003
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #1917 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 17:23:56 Zitat 
You wouldn't get on with our sales team where I work then...
Mike Brummert
(Gruppe Amateur - 111)

Einträge: 5012
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1918 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 20:05:01 Zitat 

I give up... What is often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"?

The Gimp.
David Andrewartha
(Gruppe Amateur - 113)

Einträge: 1428
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1919 geschrieben Apr 25 2016, 20:19:26 Zitat 

I give up... What is often hidden in the closet of the loudest "homophobes"?

The second loudest homophobe?
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 63 [6465 ... 85 86 87 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten