Martin Irla
(Gruppe Amateur - 78)

Einträge: 660
  Land:
Uruguay 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #61 geschrieben Mai 4 2017, 21:27:47 Zitat 
Think that will depend in many factors Edwin....I found that my driver is better,but much better running with a softer compound but with higher risks than on a higher with no risks doing 1 less pit stop or even with the same pits and higher compound with hgigh risks than softer compound with no risks.I won many races this season running with a higher compound but with 35,40 risks (and thats not a lot),and i lost some races running with no or very low risks on a softer compound with the same number of pit stops.But thats just what happened to me,not in 1 race but in many....anyway,and this is yes subjective and only my opinion,give me always the chance of having many more strategys to do,even if the probability of making a mistake or not choosing the right one is much higher.....
Aleksey Shimanov
(Gruppe Rookie - 147)

Einträge: 131
  Land:
Russland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #62 geschrieben Mai 5 2017, 07:42:42 (letzte Änderung Mai 5 2017, 07:43:46 von Aleksey Shimanov) Zitat 
Do not forget, more pitstops, more loss of time for arrival and departure from the boxes...
Use xsoft in Q2 equal +1 pitstop...
Felix Horch
(Gruppe Amateur - 34)

Einträge: 338
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #63 geschrieben Mai 5 2017, 10:27:19 (letzte Änderung Mai 5 2017, 10:28:28 von Felix Horch) Zitat 
Lets see...

Your potentially 60 laps plan:
qualify and start - extra soft to lap 15
1st pit - medium to lap 45
2nd pit - extra soft to lap 60

Your potentially race:
start: XS - OK
lap 15: 1st pit and change to medium tires - OK
lap 20: "driver does not feel well in helmet": 2nd pit and change to XS tires - OH
lap 39: 3rd pit stop because 0% wear left on XS - OH NO
lap 58: 4th pit stop because 0% wear left on XS - NONONO
lap 60: finally over.

Expect something similar for races with about 50% chance for rain. To get rid of all this, a complicated mechanism would need to be implemented. This makes things more difficult to handle by the users, more possible bugs in the coding. In the end, everyone will use one of maybe 3 strategies, that have proven valid. And everything is back to where we currently are - just doing a lot of work in between.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 2235
  Land:
Kolumbien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #64 geschrieben Mai 6 2017, 06:52:53 Zitat 
I don't want my posts to be read as if I was opposing changes that add some strategy insight to the game. It's just I think this particular suggestion would maybe produce strategy variation in a very specific situation while it would streamline the strategy for most other cases.

In reality, strategy doesn't matter too much in the game simply because of the number of managers per group. The explanation is simple: let's say 1-stopper hard, 2-stopper medium and 3-stopper soft are similarly fast for one race. If roughly 1/3 of the managers pick any of these strategies and their packages are similar, the grid will be more or less 1st to 13th going 3-stopper, 14th to 26th going 2-stopping and 27th upwards going 1-stopper. Due to the crowded pack, 1-stopping and 2-stopping was actually a bad move. With fewer cars on the grid there are more available strategies instead, because -1 stopping can produce better rewards if you aren't saddled 15s down just after a couple of laps.

This high spacing between trains due to the crowded pack means blunders aren't even that penalizing, so you don't need to be particularly good at race strategy to do fine. Many times the most severe blunder (trying to do a n-stopper but tyres won't last, so you are n+1-stopping instead while wobbling like hell) won't penalize you more than 3-4 places nonetheless and infrequently more than 6-7 places, so basically a DNF random is normally worse than blundering half of the season (especially due to the 50% money).

Fewer number of managers per group would reward strategy boldness, but I'm aware that suggestion wouldn't probably be well received, plus the implementation would be a logistic and balancing nightmare. However, as it stands now strategy has a tiny weight on success, way behind money management, sponsorship success and luck.
Andrew Watson
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 2946
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #65 geschrieben Apr 10 2018, 12:27:02 Zitat 
Charge managers for an extra race set of tyres so that they can use two dry compounds.

Dunnos pay $2.7m for every compound used in the race, for example.

Or maybe a flat $1m/set (or other suitable amount), so that we don't get loads of Amateur and rookies using the feature, but barely any Elites.
Martin Rosina
(Gruppe Amateur - 100)

Einträge: 1013
  Land:
Slowakei 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #66 geschrieben Apr 10 2018, 14:34:43 Zitat 
This seems to be related to another thread about 2 dry compounds.

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27899#scroll
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 95)

Einträge: 1387
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #67 geschrieben Apr 10 2018, 15:11:15 Zitat 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,14:34:43 )

This seems to be related to another thread about 2 dry compounds.

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27899#scroll

No youve just started another thread.This was the more recent of all topics about different tyres until you started another .
Martin Rosina
(Gruppe Amateur - 100)

Einträge: 1013
  Land:
Slowakei 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #68 geschrieben Apr 10 2018, 15:14:41 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ April 10th 2018,15:11:15 )

No youve just started another thread.This was the more recent of all topics about different tyres until you started another

I said it is related to the thread I started. Nothing else. Did I lie? When you say "No" it seems like I did say something that is not true. Isn't it related?
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 95)

Einträge: 1387
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #69 geschrieben Apr 10 2018, 16:15:14 Zitat 
Yes it is related to another thread you had just started when this thread was already open and you should have used this thread.
Seite « 1 2 [3 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:

auf dieses Thema antworten