Seite [1
Autor Thema: New Testing System 25 Antworten
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 1008
  Land:
Griechenland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (6)   Gefällt mir nicht (12)
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 11:45:37 (letzte Änderung Jul 16 2018, 12:00:10 von Ioannis Kalogirou) Zitat 
IBK Suggestions
Ideas for the New age GPRO. (After new Engine)

No IBK-13 Sug.
1. New Testing System
2. Free testing on Race Track, before Q.

1a. New system will has Four (4) testing days, on testing Track. (Not before every Race)
- The 1rst: Before Start the Season.
- The 2nd, 3rd & 4th every second Weekend before 6, 10 & 14 Race.
1b. Each 300 laps testing, separate on 3 periods:
...the first 100 laps affect the Car for 1 race after the current (+1)
...the second 100 laps effect on 2 races after the current (+2)
...the third 100 laps effect on 3 races after the current (+3) ...like Now.
1c. GPRO can cost that testing Easily.
...perhaps analogical of Category.
...perhaps analogical the Car Level.!!!
- will can choose of course: No test at all, full test (300 laps), part test (200 or 100 or any laps testing we want. ...with analogical Cost.-
1d. No Extra WEARS from testing Day on Current condition of the Car.!!!
...the Wears Cost is calculated on the Testing Cost.-
1e. FREE COST EXTRA BONUS 200 Laps Testing for all managers Before Start the SEASON
...to prepare the Car for the Season
...and with Immediately Affect on the FIRST RACE.

2a. Free Practice will be before Q, …on Every Race, …on current Race Track.
2b. Maximum Laps = Half laps of the Race Laps.
2c. Immediately Extra Points Affect on the Car.!!! (Much less affect of course than main testing)
2d. Testing Wears will add on the Car’s wears (but only 50% of the race wears on track)
2e. Testing Laps will see live on Race Track with all info (corners, straits etc)
2f. The time laps will be analogical of the car wears
2g. The Free Testing Cost will be free Cost.
…the free practice will be on race condition to have the opportunity to build the car for the race.-

3. All the testing Laps on Main Testing & Free testing will can see on Live Screen Mode with lot of helping Data & Info (on every corner and speed on straits for each lap).
…time lap = the total of the 3 sectors time.-

Good Day for all from Beautiful & Irresistible Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Macedonia/Greece.-
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Rookie - 72)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 14356
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 12:13:02 Zitat 
As with any suggestion, the most pertinent questions would be how does that improve the game from how things currently work?
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 12:38:45 Zitat 
Although i like the idea of testing on the actual race track (like the free practice sessions in real F1), i do see more downsides than benefits.

It opens up a lot of possibilities for extensive testing, and eliminates the 'choose wisely' part of Practice there is now: you can't test all aspects in 8 practice laps, and extending that to 30+ laps will mean everyone can basically test everything each race. Not sure if that's a good thing.

The no-wear on seasonal testing is also a downside to me. It makes it fairly easy for everyone to test at no added costs.

I'm also not sure what the free pre-season testing (with no wear, and immediate result on the car) will bring, other than massively increased car levels in the first few races of the season.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Griechenland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 12:46:29 (letzte Änderung Jul 16 2018, 12:47:07 von Ioannis Kalogirou) Zitat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ July 16th 2018,12:13:02 )

As with any suggestion, the most pertinent questions would be how does that improve the game from how things currently work?

- Dear Kevin.!!!
...we need more FUN.!!!
...everybody.!!! ...20 years Jung, or 63 years Old like me.!!!
...MORE FUN.!!!
...no Fun I thing is responsible to have Now the HALF ACTIVE Managers than before 4 years to started the Game.-
:)
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Amateur - 25)

Einträge: 11911
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 13:02:12 (letzte Änderung Jul 16 2018, 13:02:43 von Tibor Szuromi) Zitat 
What is good --- It's a pity to ruin it.

They did not complain about test. Or yes?
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Rookie - 72)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 14356
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 13:25:25 Zitat 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ July 16th 2018,12:46:29 )

- Dear Kevin.!!!
...we need more FUN.!!!
...MORE FUN.!!!

And how does it achieve "more fun"?

I understand seeing practice laps on the track could have an appeal to some, but agree with Miel's concerns about extra laps. But current practice laps on the track may be fun for some.

I don't understand how your proposed change to testing would add "more fun" - you're reducing the number of times you can test, so less to do throughout the season and replacing it with longer sessions when you can. As well as simplifying the planning required for effective testing by removing wear from testing.

Fun is great and more fun is greater, but I'm not seeing the "fun" element here, if that's the reason for the suggestion, so don't see what it would add, personally.
Mark Van Daalen
(Gruppe Master - 5)

Einträge: 590
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 14:05:18 Zitat 
More fun? More work aka time to be on game.
Doing 100 laps testing takes time
300 = x3

Nah I like it the way it is
Seems boring in sithonia Greece.

Play more games other than Gpro.

Greetings from boring east Midlands airport UK
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Amateur - 25)

Einträge: 11911
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 14:16:52 Zitat 
Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ July 16th 2018,14:05:18 )

Play more games other than Gpro.
Too.
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Einträge: 767
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 15:38:21 Zitat 
Counting it out his suggestion does not reduce the number of testings available by much but gives a more direct approach to the system, aka seeing results right away.
Currently we have 1700 testing laps giving full points.
Ioannis suggestion would be 200+300*3=1100 laps with full testing points and 32,5 (average of half of 50 and 80 laps) *17=552,5 laps with half testing points. A total of around 1652,5 laps of testing though with the halfpoints testings it would be equivalent of 1376,25 laps compared to the current system. So only reduced by averagely 324 laps in total.

The "no wear" on the Testing but putting that cost on the cost to do Testing takes away from the ability to reduce costs by reducing wear from staff skills. I'd rather keep it as that taking wear too. And having that at 3* current will only result in most everyone having equal wear on car part too often when doing testings, the race after the same parts would be exchanged for everyone doing a full testing session. I'm not fond of it because of that.

Adding 50% wear to the track by Free Practice is a lot, in a lot of cases equal to what it wears now but giving only half of the benefits. it also gives an easy, too easy, way of adding some direct CCP's and getting better in that single race by using some play-money's. You can still do that but need some forethought for it now. Both of those systems are valid, planning ahead and getting results now.

I could consider adding Free Practice as an option to the Testing we have now.
Each manager would before a race decide if they want to do Testing on the current track for some immediate data to use, and of course give full parts wear for the laps run,
OR to do a Testing on the designated Testing Track, which of course would work exactly as it does now. That could be a fun option and possibly shake things up a bit.
Might even have the "current track Testing" equal in CCP to normal Testing BUT only last that one race, and of course give full parts wear for the laps run.
Choosing one would make the other one unavailable, they could be "ran at the same time" in the game universe or something, or just be a rule by the Racing Committee.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Griechenland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 17:48:34 Zitat 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ July 16th 2018,15:38:21 )

Ioannis suggestion would be 200+300*3=1100 laps with full testing points

- Jody my friend, the Main Testing Days are 4.!!!
200+300*4=1600

Stefan Olofsson
(Gruppe Pro - 25)

Einträge: 271
  Land:
Schweden 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 18:59:56 Zitat 

I could consider adding Free Practice as an option to the Testing we have now..

Sounds like a great idea.

Maybe integrating FP into existing practice session and before hand have to select how many stints are testing stints (giving testing points) or race preparation stints (allowing to setup the car).
Antonio Guzzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 90)

Einträge: 200
  Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 19:21:14 Zitat 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ July 16th 2018,12:46:29 )

- Dear Kevin.!!!
...we need more FUN.!!!
...MORE FUN.!!!
...no Fun I thing is responsible to have Now the HALF ACTIVE Managers than before 4 years to started the Game.-

I agree with Ioannis.
And it would be an evolution of the game.
Running, we're running.
These ideas would be part of a more advanced management, which is the main proposal of the game.
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #13 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 19:25:15 Zitat 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ July 16th 2018,17:48:34 )

- Jody my friend, the Main Testing Days are 4.!!!
200+300*4=1600

Ehm, no Ioannis. *smile* You wrote 4 in the original, one 200 laps before season start, the other 3 during the season, so it's 200+3*300.
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ July 16th 2018,11:45:37 )

1a. New system will has Four (4) testing days, on testing Track. (Not before every Race)
- The 1rst: Before Start the Season.
- The 2nd, 3rd & 4th every second Weekend before 6, 10 & 14 Race.

Having 5, 1*200 + 4*300, would be too many in total for more Testing points possible than there is now, and would be bad. 1*200 + 3+300 is better as it's slightly less but mixed up with immediate and delayed CCP's.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Griechenland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #14 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 19:32:51 Zitat 
...It's an IDEA Jody.!!!
...the details are not so important for the moment.!!!
...the Important Now are the Forces of No Evolution...
...and are the masters of the Game as you can see on "Dislikes"

Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 19:44:21 Zitat 
I know Ioannis, but the original suggestion of 1*200 + 3*300 is better than 1*200 + 4*300 in my mind, so I am saying that as well.
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #16 geschrieben Jul 16 2018, 23:59:08 (letzte Änderung Jul 17 2018, 00:01:10 von Michael Keeney) Zitat 
The only thing that should change with testing is the wear season to season should be exactly the same imo. Nothing else needs to change.

Testing is probably the only fair part of the game right now.

If you do it you gain what you should. If you don't you won't succeed. Testing doesnt need changing apart from maybe the wear season to season. This suggestion does not enhance the game in any shape or form.

Look at spa, sponsor system etc before anything else
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #17 geschrieben Jul 17 2018, 00:08:38 Zitat 
Sponsor system doesn't need a suggestion to enhance it, it needs a complete overhaul.
SPA doesn't need changing really, it's working as intended. It can be debated if it should be available at all or not but other than that it doesn't need adding to or changing.

So let people suggest about other things, things that can be tweaked or added to and don't need a complete overhaul, or not in a debate on whether it should exist at all or not.

So, no, I don't agree with
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 16th 2018,23:59:08 )

Look at spa, sponsor system etc before anything else
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #18 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 18:12:09 Zitat 
Quite frankly you haven't got a clue.

The testing system has to be pretty much the last thing that needs amending in this game.

If you think otherwise then I truly suggest you look at different elements of the game more Jody.

I could probably name you 20 things that need looking at before even contemplating testing that is perfectly normal in the current conditions. In fact probably the only thing working well.

But on that note I won't be posting again here. I've gave my advice. Take it or leave it.
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 18:43:26 Zitat 
No one said it needed amending, it's a suggestion to change things up a bit.
Gastón Paris
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 246
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #20 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 19:17:17 (letzte Änderung Jul 18 2018, 19:20:35 von Gastón Paris) Zitat 
I like the idea to incorporate Free Practice in the current race track!
Details are important and need to work out.

I suggest to include driver energy consumption but not at the same level that race. Some fixed percentage like 50% or less of actual race energy for the same number of laps. So, that will make free practice a new variable to include in the race. Those manager that do free practice will need to manage driver energy wisely.

Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 1)

Einträge: 1387
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #21 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 19:19:06 Zitat 
Quote ( Gastón Paris @ July 18th 2018,19:17:17 )

I like the idea to incorporate Free Practice in the current race track!
Details are important and need to work out.

I suggest to include driver energy consumption but not at the same level that race. Some fixed percentage like 50% or less. So, that will make free practice a new variable to include in the race. Those manager that do free practice will need to manage driver energy wisely.

You already get 8 practice laps for the current race track.
Gastón Paris
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 246
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #22 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 19:21:53 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ July 18th 2018,19:19:06 )

I'm referring to Ioannis idea that open the thread
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 1)

Einträge: 1387
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #23 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 19:25:50 Zitat 
Quote ( Gastón Paris @ July 18th 2018,19:21:53 )

Quote ( Michael Jones @ July 18th 2018,19:19:06 )

I'm referring to Ioannis idea that open the thread

Yes I know ..

So a player that has lots of spare time will be able to do free laps and gain advantage over player that doesnt have much spare time to do all those free laps.
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #24 geschrieben Jul 18 2018, 19:32:01 Zitat 
No M. Jones, it would work like Testing, in Ioannis suggestion instead of Testing every race and in my amendment to be either the normal Testing or "current track Testing", not both.
So would not take more time than testing does now, unless you think that's a "for those with extra time only" thing too?
Aqil Zed
(Gruppe Amateur - 3)

Einträge: 16
  Land:
Malaysia 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #25 geschrieben Aug 2 2018, 22:03:16 Zitat 
I agree with having a pre season testing with no additional wear but it would nice to have it time limited. It can bring out different variety of car performance (PHA) throughout the grid at the beginning of the season. Would be cool to try out the ideas in a beta platform so you guys can experiment it
David Jones-Winkley
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 3802
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #26 geschrieben Aug 2 2018, 22:17:06 Zitat 
Why would you want a variety of pha for race 1? Wouldn't everyone just try and match the car to race 1 track characteristics nullifying any gain.

We already have a variety as not everyone uses testing to match the car pha to the track.
Seite [1

auf dieses Thema antworten