Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 95 [9697 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2851 posted Feb 21st 2017, 18:21:16 (last edited Feb 21st 2017, 18:21:32 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 21st 2017,18:00:17 )

I watched the Lesnar, Owens and Bayley promos. I was annoyed how the Y2J thing from last week wasn't addressed.

Well, that was the point, though. KO didn't address it at all... just dropped the mic and walked off when he said he'd comment (in the opening promo). Hooray for actual heel heat!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2852 posted Feb 21st 2017, 18:50:06 (last edited Feb 21st 2017, 18:53:09 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn a million times I'm bored of it.

You did watch what actually happened though, didn't you?

I was annoyed how the Y2J thing from last week wasn't addressed.

You did watch the KO promo at the start? Best bit of the night!

Absolutely delighted with KO being vicious KO again (even though I did love all the JeriKO stuff).
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2853 posted Feb 21st 2017, 20:13:58 Quote 
Yeah, I saw the start of the entrance as I was skipping through on sky...just another Somoa Joe attack...it wasn't enough to make me press play though lol.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2854 posted Feb 21st 2017, 20:35:52 Quote 
I think the Samoa Joe stuff is really important. Especially coupled with KO's reference in his promo about knowing how to "play the game". Joe doing the will of Triple H, Triple H's will was KO to be champ. Curious if that's going somewhere, although tough to see Joe getting involved with the FastLane main event as Goldberg already booked for Mania, but not impossible, especially if it's against a returning, interfering Jericho.

I didn't want to watch another KO-Sami Zayn match, so glad it was just a squash after a beating.

Didn't pay attention to most of Sasha-Charlotte either which is sad as they've never had a bad match, but it's been overdone and holds no interest right now.

How surprisingly good was Braun-Show though! Really hope they don't have Braun lose clean to Reigns at FastLane.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2855 posted Feb 22nd 2017, 00:28:41 Quote 
Oh yeah, I'm sure Samoa Joe, Kevin Owen and Triple H are all connected somehow. A Somoa Joe attack was expected to me since he wasn't booked in a match. I just thought it would be during the match not before.

I did like the Braun vs Show match, I think Braun losing clean at Fastlane will kill a lot of moment he has going for him right now...
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2856 posted Feb 22nd 2017, 17:13:50 Quote 
Smackdown was good, even though the ending was meh...

I thought Alexa Bliss did her best promo ever before winning her 2nd Smackdown Women's Title! I was a bit annoyed she has to face Becky Lynch again, but who else was there really to face her?

Nikki Bella vs Natalya was the match of the night to me aswell! Great way to finish off there rivialry!

The end of the 10 man battle Royal annoyed me though...battle royals aren't that exciting matches at the best of the times, to end it in a draw is just so un-needed to me, just restart the match from AJ and Harper, is it that hard?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2857 posted Feb 22nd 2017, 17:31:14 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 22nd 2017,17:13:50 )

The end of the 10 man battle Royal annoyed me though...battle royals aren't that exciting matches at the best of the times, to end it in a draw is just so un-needed to me, just restart the match from AJ and Harper, is it that hard?

"Not enough time" was the excuse Daniel Bryan gave on Talking Smack when AJ pulled him up about not just restarting the match. All kayfabe to get the AJ v Harper match next week, of course, and I do look forward to that match - should be good. But the full Battle Royal itself was a bit "meh" for me. As you say, they generally aren't the best of matches anyway.
Mateusz Zietek
(Group Rookie - 22)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2858 posted Feb 22nd 2017, 18:03:29 Quote 
i was checking this thread and then realize its not about wrestling at all :D
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2859 posted Feb 27th 2017, 23:34:49 Quote 
Gonna be giving RAW a miss tonight...just going to get the results online.

It's not exactly Value for time right now, never mind money...I'm sure I can find something more entertaining to do with them 3 hours.

Even though Jericho has worked live events this week, I'm not expecting him on RAW. I imagine he'll return at Fastlane and cost Kevin Owens the title.

Hopefully Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar will be the Main Event at Mania too, as I'll be watching that live and I can go to bed earlier :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2860 posted Feb 27th 2017, 23:38:39 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 27th 2017,23:34:49 )

Even though Jericho has worked live events this week, I'm not expecting him on RAW. I imagine he'll return at Fastlane and cost Kevin Owens the title.

Think you may be right, certainly about him showing up at Fastlane, but I'm beginning to get an inkling that he won't cost Owens the title (probably more hope than anything :p). You see KO attack him at a live show this week. WWE shared it so will no doubt make a big deal out of it tonight.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2861 posted Feb 27th 2017, 23:56:48 Quote 
What makes you think he won't cost KO the title at Fastlane? I hope you're right, but I can't see Owens leaving Fastlane with the title now, even if Y2J gets involved or not.

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2862 posted Feb 28th 2017, 10:00:31 (last edited Feb 28th 2017, 10:14:20 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Just a feeling :/

Watched most of Raw and you're not missing much if you don't. I'd recommend the Seth Rollins segment - that was OK - and I've just started watching the main event and would definitely recommend that considering who is in it - should be excellent and not something that's been seen in WWE before.

(I say main event, but I am just assuming based on timing left, and a "contract signing" still to come)

Edit - Match finished and while a well worked match, wasn't the spectacle it could have been considering the talent of those involved. Did ultimately set up a new match for FastLane though.

Contract signing had its moments, to be fair :)
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2863 posted Feb 28th 2017, 12:18:03 Quote 
Ah thanks Kevin. I already got everything online to keep me updated on what was going on.

I found the Seth Rollins and Triple H segment on Instagram, and managed to get through it in like 5 minutes. Was the crowd that dead the whole of the night? If so I think WWE may wanna think twice about going back to Greenbay for another TV taping.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2864 posted Feb 28th 2017, 15:38:26 Quote 
I meant to mention that actually. The crowd were terrible all night. :(
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2865 posted Mar 1st 2017, 13:53:28 Quote 
Finally Orton betrays Bray...

And it's going to be interesting how they gonna book the wrestlemania matches now...

I can see either a match with orton, bray and aj or a 1 vs 1 between orton and bray, putting aj in a match with shane (because he hit him???)

But was an overall really good smackdown, better than raw for me this week...
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2866 posted Mar 1st 2017, 14:10:07 Quote 
AJ didn't hit Shane.

I see them giving Orton the match and AJ being (rightly) outraged, taking it out on the boss and leading to the rumoured AJ-Shane match. Especially after Talking Smack.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2867 posted Mar 1st 2017, 18:31:39 Quote 
kevin you are right it wasn't aj that hit him but luke harper cuz aj dodged his kick when he was complaining about the match restart...

didn't see talking smack, can you explain mainly what it led to???

Thanks...
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2868 posted Mar 1st 2017, 18:36:54 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ March 1st 2017,18:31:39 )

didn't see talking smack, can you explain mainly what it led to???

AJ was due to be on. DB was host as normal and spoke about "needing to discuss how they proceed" when asked about who was number one contender. Shane showed up near the end of the show talking about taking DB away as they had a lot to discuss. AJ came on ranting about the restart a bit again, but talking about how he's done everything they asked and wants it confirmed he'll be #1 contender for WM, but they said nothing as AJ basically said "so I'm #1 contender, everyone agree? Good" and walked out with a mic drop.

There really shouldn't be much doubt in kayfabe - Randy gave up his slot and AJ won the #1 contender spot. There is a case to insert Randy back in but no reason to pull AJ out. But they wouldn't give any answers or hints, so just strikes me that it will lead to the rumoured AJ-Shane match. Which is a pity.

Really enjoyed AJ winning the match and the swerve I thought it was (as all expected Harper to face Wyatt) and liked the idea of AJ in the main event. Not excited for a feud with Shane at all :(
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2869 posted Mar 1st 2017, 22:53:04 Quote 
I enjoyed Smackdown.

Like everyone else, I was surprised when AJ Styles beat Luke Harper to become number one contender.

I agree with Kevin though, there is no need to take AJ Styles out of the main event at Wrestlemania now that Orton is taking his shot. It is not difficult at all to add him to the match, especially after he fore-fitted his title match at mania anyway...even if it was to get "the keys to the kingdom".

I'm hoping Natalya is going into a fued with Alexa Bliss now for Wrestlemania. I don't need to see Alexa vs Becky Lynch again. I don't know who will be the face with Natalya vs Alexa through the fued? Maybe Alexa after the video they released on WWE?

The Miz and Maryse vs John Cena and Nikki Bella fued got started this week too...a lot better than I expected as well. The promo at the start of the night was good, and John Cena and Nikki Bella vs James Ellsworth and Carmella next week will be...interesting.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2870 posted Mar 2nd 2017, 00:42:01 Quote 
Natalya's comments on Talking Smack, after the altercation on Smackdown certainly suggests that they'll be working together on the build up to Mania, but I'd be very surprised if it ends up being a straight 1v1 match for the title.

Fully expect Raw to be a 4-way with Bailey, Charlotte, Sasha and Nia Jax at WM and, while it wouldn't be a bad thing for Smackdown to be different, I'd expect similar there. If nothing else, so as to force some women that do deserve to be on the WM main card to actually be on it. Becky Lynch totally doesn't deserve to be on the pre-show, for example.

The Miz-Cena promo stuff was excellent. The two of them really are great at what they do, and Maryse and Nikki did add to it as well, so good for them.

Curious what they do with Harper on the build up to Mania now, especially after what Orton did at the end of Raw. Those faithful to Sister Abigail may not be happy. I can see a couple of broken individuals that also may fit right in with Wyatt, but that would be WM at the very earliest, and likely after.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2871 posted Mar 2nd 2017, 14:00:24 Quote 
Heard some news that say that Kurt Angle will appear on raw after wrestlemania, presumably to substitute mick foley as gm, cuz it seems he has a surgery scheduled later this year...

What do you think about it??? if its true do you think he will wrestle also or will just be a gm similar to mick foley???
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2872 posted Mar 3rd 2017, 14:29:55 (last edited Mar 3rd 2017, 14:30:11 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Angle has given the impression that he does want to wrestle (but not full time), but if that's the case, it's strange for me that he's being inducted as it's unusual to induct active talent in to the HoF.

While it's nice to see him perform in ring, his age is showing a bit in his performances now. He's still awesome, but not what he was when last in WWE. If he is to actually compete, a Shane McMahon/Triple H kind of schedule, one or two times a year, would probably be best, IMO.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2873 posted Mar 3rd 2017, 17:09:09 Quote 
WWE just announced Orton v Styles for #1 contender spot this week on Smackdown Live.
Seems a definite that Wyatt v Orton will be a one on one match at Mania and Styles will be pissed at the powers that be for making him have this match after he'd already won the opportunity (twice, in his eyes), and that'll lead to the WM match with Shane.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2874 posted Mar 3rd 2017, 17:24:08 (last edited Mar 3rd 2017, 17:25:17 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
And I'm okay with that. Would I love to see AJ in a more technical match? Sure, but I trust what Smackdown is doing -- a prime example of that is the rumored mixed tag match at Wrestlemania, which I was fearing, until the Miz/Cena/Maryse/Nikki promo last week which basically sold me on the match.

Also -- that ending promo/vignette with Orton and the shed? That was dark, man. Went to places I haven't seen WWE go in a while and gave me Kane/Taker vibes. Bray's reactions were excellent throughout.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2875 posted Mar 3rd 2017, 17:52:33 Quote 
Agree with pretty much all of that
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2876 posted Mar 4th 2017, 12:44:44 Quote 
Anyone expecting The Hardy Boyz to appear in WWE before/at Wrestlemania now that they are done with TNA?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2877 posted Mar 4th 2017, 12:54:09 (last edited Mar 4th 2017, 12:56:35 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ March 4th 2017,12:44:44 )

Anyone expecting The Hardy Boyz to appear in WWE before/at Wrestlemania now that they are done with TNA?

Definitely not before. There has been official contact so it's possible they will return but nothing has been decided yet, and it wouldn't be before WM. If they return at all depends if they can come to a contract that Matt and Jeff are happy with in terms of money and direction (do they keep the Broken gimmick, revert them back to old school Hardys or something different altogether).

Young Bucks are facing the Hardys on 1st April at ROH Supercard of Honor on 1st April - the day before Wrestlemania - so that rules them out appearing before Wrestlemania, but at Wrestlemania is possible (if very unlikely) and after WM is a definite possibility.

If I'm having a bet on it, I would expect them to return to WWE after WM, although at WM would be good, especially if to interfere to help Bray Wyatt retain and go on to join his "cult" :p
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2878 posted Mar 5th 2017, 14:32:56 Quote 
I think we just got our answer considering they just won the ROH Tag Titles last night haha.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2879 posted Mar 5th 2017, 14:40:09 Quote 
And Matt spoke of signing the biggest ROH contract in his post-match promo, but nothing mentioned about length or after the already scheduled date on 1st April.

Looks like it is ROH (fingers crossed that'll mean an appearance or two in NJPW), but don't think it's definitive yet (unless source elsewhere giving the actual contract length).
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2880 posted Mar 6th 2017, 11:29:10 Quote 
I didn't watch Fastlane but after getting the results online, I'm pretty glad I didn't.

I was shocked Bayley Retained. Other than that, I wasn't too fussed.

I think I'll just catch the Jericho vs Kevin Owens fued on Instagram now, and just be a Smackdown guy, I have no desire to watch Goldberg with the title.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 95 [9697 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic