Page « 1 2 3 ... 10 11 [12 Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What would you like to change mostly, to remains popular the game?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Decreasing participants 349 replies
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #331 posted Apr 14th 2017, 10:13:45 Quote 
Quote ( Terry Wilson @ April 14th 2017,05:16:21 )

When you have 19 year driver with 15 exp and 228 motivation .. Houston you have serious problem.. exp is to low for Ama motivation has gotton out of control.. This went from zero to 228 in less then 10 races..

the suggestion was skip a race.. now that is dumb I want every bit of exp possible..

Next bankruptcy be over 15 mil in debt. well unfortunately he placed to much I would have had to do upgrades of cars droping it to 35 mil to make that number by the it climbed out I could not resign the driver ..

The idea was to make solution to help retain managers.. one ways make it easier for new managers to retain their project driver. Motivation is killer if you know how to get s good setup every week.. That even using just where a noob driver said he satisfied with car with no ti or exp..

So in effect I had to fire my driver and hire a new one... Old one will be useful to another manager I doubt ama manager unless he had good car and facilities already..

Having had a very brief look at your profile, it looks to me that your problem is actually nothing to do with your driver - but more that you are already in negative balance in Rookie after just 5 races. And that, very simply, is down to the fact that you have massively overspent already on car parts (since your car is currently level 4)

So that in turn suggests you are running far too high risks for rookie, if you are burning through the parts (wear) already. You really shouldn't need any more than 20CT in rookie - if you have a decent driver. If you DO need the high risks, then quite frankly, the driver is NOT good enough for any level!

So now, given that you are in a team, and your team leader is very experienced at the game, I would suggest you ask Bruce how to plan your season better (Financially) and to plan your wear (by using lower risks) so that you use up far less parts.

Smoking a few races in rookie now will be your friend, as will downgrading some of the parts - as all that will get your finances up high enough for you to be able to use the -15m route to control OA and resign the driver if you want to.

I would have to suggest however, that for someone with your little experience, that trying to grow a driver from 0 EXP early in your career is probably not a good strategy anyway - get yourself a more 'ready made' rookie driver to learn the game first.
Chris Timms
(Group Amateur - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #332 posted Apr 14th 2017, 11:28:47 Quote 
i have just voted other the same as just under half of the other voters but there is nowhere i can explain what is my other is. as just under half of the voters are others it would be good to have a chance to say what the other is in the voting form.
yes true we could comment on it here but it will get lost on all the other comments

any way that said my other is the length of time sponcers take to sign up ten races avarage (over half a season) is not practicial i have decided not to bother with them it might make it a bit tighter money wise and yes i know all about the ways to speed up negotiations
this is the last throw of the dice in my case before i myself decide to give the game up as well after about 25 seasons in the game
Sven Bojkowski
(Group Amateur - 114)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #333 posted Apr 14th 2017, 11:41:55 Quote 
Other: nothing
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #334 posted Apr 14th 2017, 12:24:54 (last edited Apr 14th 2017, 12:25:10 by Jon Day) Quote 
I believe that decreasing participation is directly linked to the amount of times Jaguar change their car livery! But what would I know.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #335 posted Apr 14th 2017, 12:45:41 Quote 
Quote ( Terry Wilson @ April 12th 2017,07:14:10 )

My current driver I got was 69 Oa is now 97 OA .. At 69 OA he had 6 xp and zero Motivation.. He was started on week 15 last season he now Has 228 Motivation and 0A.. testing has neted no extra exp,,, Since I cannot keep this driver only because Motivation out of control... My choice is race to crashout and Over develope and bankrupt My team.. Is his how F1 works NO! So Fix this!

Had you extended when the driver was below 85OA, you could have kept him to the end of the season. Then just simply go deep into negative and drop OA and at the start of the next season extend again. There is no point in waiting until midseason when your driver has definitely too high OA and there are little sensible ways to drop it.

Quote ( Chris Timms @ April 14th 2017,11:28:47 )

any way that said my other is the length of time sponcers take to sign up ten races avarage (over half a season) is not practicial i have decided not to bother with them it might make it a bit tighter money wise and yes i know all about the ways to speed up negotiations

So what is your suggestion on how sponsors should work? Surely we can't have the current system with just doubled up negotiation speed? There are plenty of people whining about sponsors, but little suggestions on how they should work instead. I will soon have 5 sponsors, so with a little planning you can have lots of extra money when you need it.
Lorenzo Bongi
(Group Pro - 20)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #336 posted Apr 14th 2017, 14:37:11 (last edited Apr 14th 2017, 14:38:35 by Lorenzo Bongi) Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 14th 2017,12:45:41 )

So what is your suggestion on how sponsors should work? Surely we can't have the current system with just doubled up negotiation speed? There are plenty of people whining about sponsors, but little suggestions on how they should work instead. I will soon have 5 sponsors, so with a little planning you can have lots of extra money when you need it.

I will have 5 sponsors too next race, but it doesn't mean I like sponsors system. In my opinion sponsors system is the lack part of GPRO since years.
I don't have a precise idea or suggestion, but I think we can have a better system.
For example :
a system with charisma level of the driver+commercial facility level+race results=amount and duration of sponsor contract till the end of the contract (without satisfaction bar and the possibility for the sponsors to leave), so meaning the system as a "prize" of a whole of factors.
I think it's hard for a lot of new (and not so new...) players to use and fight in sponsors system, expecially when you have to face an experienced players or a Team who use legal tricks to negotiate.
In a lot of single player F1 game you have to pick up a sponsor choosing btw some opportunities (depending from a lot of factors), not to fight against AI to have one..
GPRO is a multiplayer online game, but the multiplayer part is satisfied by a lot of part of the game (drivers-TD-race), maybe sponsors could be a separate part with no need for fight with others players to have 1.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Amateur - 42)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #337 posted Apr 14th 2017, 14:51:58 Quote 
I might be the odd one out, but i actually like the competitiveness and uncertainty that sponsors bring to the game.

Although i haven't experienced it myself very often (yet), i do understand that there are discrepancies with regards to the sponsor's satisfaction and them warning/leaving.

Discrepancies, or lack of knowledge on our (the players) side, which i think is something that the newly added sponsor satisfaction can aid in.

Maybe it still needs tweaking in a lot of areas (whether that's the way sponsors react to different race results, how fast they progress in negotiations etc), but to be honest, i would like to keep the sponsors part of the dynamicness with other managers, rather than making it a static thing that only i can influence.

Nothing feels better than increasing the gap with a competitor in negotiations, and nothing feels worse than losing a 1.2M offer because the car spot was not free. Both situations are something that i hope to encounter for years to come. One more than the other though ;)
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #338 posted Apr 14th 2017, 16:24:52 Quote 
Quote ( Lorenzo Bongi @ April 14th 2017,14:37:11 )

In a lot of single player F1 game you have to pick up a sponsor choosing btw some opportunities (depending from a lot of factors), not to fight against AI to have one..

So you just pick the best one for your situation. Sounds quite dull.

I think it's hard for a lot of new (and not so new...) players to use and fight in sponsors system, expecially when you have to face an experienced players or a Team who use legal tricks to negotiate.

Jump from Rookie with abundance of 0% sponsors to Ama where the only 0% sponsors may be the ones that have just come to the market is indeed quite big. But it is just an another area that you need to learn to manage if you want to get to the top.
Lorenzo Bongi
(Group Pro - 20)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #339 posted Apr 14th 2017, 16:54:58 (last edited Apr 14th 2017, 16:56:35 by Lorenzo Bongi) Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 14th 2017,16:24:52 )

So you just pick the best one for your situation. Sounds quite dull.

Jump from Rookie with abundance of 0% sponsors to Ama where the only 0% sponsors may be the ones that have just come to the market is indeed quite big. But it is just an another area that you need to learn to manage if you want to get to the top.

Yes, as I say I don't have a precise idea or suggestion, I posted only an example of a different system. So I think it's a dull way to comment it like a suggestion ...

I thought this thread was about some reasons people leave the game ...my idea is that sponsor system is one of the reason.
I can play with this system (but I don't like), maybe some people think it's a bit confusing or not so clear.
So if you think it's only a matter of "learn to manage", and GPRO is a manage game, why people leave it ?
You seem to know all, so it's possible you know it too ...

maybe you think less people but with good motivation it's better for the game, but this is true only if the game survive.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Pro - 10)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #340 posted Apr 16th 2017, 10:04:36 Quote 
Is there any particular reason why I can't vote in this poll?
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #341 posted Apr 16th 2017, 10:22:18 (last edited Apr 16th 2017, 10:29:34 by Veres Tamás) Quote 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ April 16th 2017,10:04:36 )

Is there any particular reason why I can't vote in this poll?

I Don't know,but pls write your opinion here :) This is more important

It seems like that lots of manager want less randoms,so I hope that it will be change
I got a random at last race...from the P1....and I thinking to ending the game
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #342 posted Apr 16th 2017, 11:37:34 (last edited Apr 16th 2017, 12:07:15 by James Berriman) Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ April 16th 2017,10:22:18 )

I Don't know,but pls write your opinion here :) This is more important

you take the mega pain, while 39 happy others take a nice little gain:)
you're throwing toys around, blubbering about ending the game

no point moaning
no point groaning

Race income, sponsor progress and maybe even points!!!
All acquired by you at the expense of others and their misfortune
Several times a season you probably have gained from this!!
but you prefer to wallow in your own **** and ****

you don't mention the good times
you don't mention the good times

honestly without randoms the races would be as boring as your drivel
You've ignored it all before so I will just take my opinion and go swivel

=)

Happy Easter GPRO
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #343 posted Apr 16th 2017, 15:47:46 Quote 
Why are you want randoms? most of manager like this...but why? this is not fair fight
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #344 posted Apr 16th 2017, 15:52:06 Quote 
If there's no randoms, the race results will be very predictable. Is that what you want, Veres?
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #345 posted Apr 16th 2017, 16:03:09 Quote 
I don't think it would be very predictable. There are plenty of factors that add unpredictability and they could even be increased a bit.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #346 posted Apr 16th 2017, 16:07:12 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 16th 2017,16:03:09 )

they could even be increased a bit.

Hmm. You might have a point there.
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #347 posted Apr 16th 2017, 16:57:15 (last edited Apr 16th 2017, 16:58:03 by Veres Tamás) Quote 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ April 16th 2017,15:52:06 )

If there's no randoms, the race results will be very predictable. Is that what you want, Veres?

Why would be predictable? i don't thkink that

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 16th 2017,16:03:09 )

I don't think it would be very predictable. There are plenty of factors that add unpredictability and they could even be increased a bit.

yes,that's true
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Pro - 10)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #348 posted Apr 17th 2017, 00:08:32 Quote 
Point is that everything is so tight in a plan (especially in a long term plan) that randoms can heavily affect it. It's not the random itself the problem, but the major impact a random (loss of income, loss of motivation, loss of sponsors etc.) may have.
Mickael Legrand
(Group Pro - 4)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #349 posted Apr 17th 2017, 00:48:23 Quote 

all three points :)
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 13)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #350 posted Apr 17th 2017, 01:29:36 Quote 
Quote ( Terry Wilson @ April 12th 2017,07:14:10 )

To me form my limited expierence.. Biggest problem in game is being able to take a young driver as rookies and advance with that same driver.. Therefore biggest problem would be Motivation driving OA to high of level to fast.. The methods used to drop Motivation basic bankruptacy are insane...

The change that would help players develop the driver they want for age national origin and such would be to Make motivation like charisma no effect on drivers OA.. Since main effect of motivation is simply qualifying and you gain such huge chunks from successful racing why should manager be penalized and lose his driver he spending millions on in testing in training with nearly zero control of Motivation..

To much wasting effort controlling driver motivation when other things need to be thought of other then how to bankrupt your team to control motivation.. If we had 30 active driver in each series maybe this would not be issue.. But Likely the Biggest issue is Not being able to develope our drivers because of the limits placed on us By ridiculously low OA's at all levels mainly because of Motivation

My current driver I got was 69 Oa is now 97 OA .. At 69 OA he had 6 xp and zero Motivation.. He was started on week 15 last season he now Has 228 Motivation and 0A.. testing has neted no extra exp,,, Since I cannot keep this driver only because Motivation out of control... My choice is race to crashout and Over develope and bankrupt My team.. Is his how F1 works NO! So Fix this!
If motivation was non OA we could finally take a 17 year old driver with zero exp and train him to be an elite driver in the future.. The driver pool is full of trash let the players develope their own superstars!

I tried to explain this before to you bud.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 10 11 [12 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic