Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [23 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Mar 11th 2010, 00:35:08 Quote 
But please no Friday competition. My Friday nights are JAMMED. Midnight Club, SmackDown, Camping World Truck Series, GPRO.....
My TV will implode with all of this madness.
Rusty Rafferty
(Group Rookie - 136)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #32 posted Mar 11th 2010, 01:06:50 Quote 
TNA had 1 million viewers on Monday, and WWE Raw had 5 million viewers(rounded numbers), so, Monday night wars are still a ways off.
Ash Smith
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Mar 11th 2010, 01:08:28 Quote 
Quote ( Rusty Rafferty @ March 11th 2010,01:06:50 )

Monday night wars are still a ways off.

Agreed, but it's still better than no competition at all. Things get & did get stale without it!
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #34 posted Mar 11th 2010, 01:25:03 Quote 
The only way anyone would beat Smackdown on Friday is if a Sprint Cup race was on, but that won't happen.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:00:38 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 02:05:40 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ March 9th 2010,14:38:12 )

Christopher, could you stop telling us what happens? We get the show after about a weeks delay, so you are kind of spoiling stuff for me :p

Thank god I ignored this topic for a few days then! :P

Lucky me, I get to see both at different times (Raw's on Wednesdays for us, and TNA......well, I have to download it from the net), and I liked both shows equally, both have some good points, some bad points, can't wait to see how it goes from here.

But Sting's heel turn shocked me big time, it's Sting we're talking about....

Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ March 9th 2010,04:51:49 )

McMahon walks like he crapped himself....

That's his stupid "power walk", or as I call it, "a broomstick shoved up his a** walk". The way he walks around like that is as if he's cleaning the bloody floor with his behind!
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 9)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:11:57 Quote 
Stone Cold is going to come back next Monday, lets stun some son' bitches!

I don't know why TNA is so huge in Australia, their wrestlers get interviewed on the news, on live late night shows and all, they get treated like rock stars for imitating another show that craps on them in the ratings.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:22:41 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 11th 2010,02:11:57 )

Too bad he's promised he won't flip the finger, the new PG thing WWE have won't allow it (which I think, it sucks).
Christian Beaulieu
(Group Pro - 3)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #38 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:23:31 Quote 
I know you need all kind of people and you can't judge someone by their tastes but this one I really don't get!

I hate wrestling... a really stupid waste of time (sorry if I offend someone)
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:24:37 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 02:30:23 by Christopher Batchlor) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 11th 2010,02:11:57 )

Dem sum-b1tches dunno what's coming for them I tell you what! And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

*gives Vince the finger and delivers a Stunner of epic proportions*

Edit: This is a thread for wrestling FANS ONLY!! I only added the I hate wrestling option as a "what the hell?!" pick for the h8rs.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:27:34 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ March 11th 2010,02:24:37 )

*gives Vince the finger and delivers a Stunner of epic proportions*

If WWE didn't have the PG thing these days, that will surely happen on Monday! :D

I can't wait to see that, Austin and McMahon, in the same ring, we all know the rivalry about these two....and add Bret Hart to the mix!
Ash Smith
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:27:49 Quote 
Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ March 11th 2010,02:23:31 )

I hate wrestling... a really stupid waste of time

I used to think that, but try to look at it more as 'entertainment' rather than anything serious. Having said that, I've not watched it regularly for quite some time!
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:31:34 Quote 
There's this entirely BS ad saying that Cena's IQ is 125. Is this true?
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #43 posted Mar 11th 2010, 02:37:55 Quote 
Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ March 11th 2010,02:23:31 )

I know you need all kind of people and you can't judge someone by their tastes but this one I really don't get!

Like you said, different people have different taste, I don't like Golf or American Football, but I don't really say anything bad about them, it's not right.

Ok, I understand why people don't like wrestling, what I don't understand is the need to say something bad about it on a topic like this, when there are wrestling fans trying to talk about something they like. Maybe it's a GPRO thing, because I've seen this kind of thing in many topics already, and I just don't get that.

Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Mar 11th 2010, 03:01:13 Quote 
I value everybody's opinion. Does that mean I like all of the opinions? No, it does not. I put that option there as a goof saying, "oh what the hell". And I am not that surprised to see that that option is garnering as many votes as the WWE Raw option. This is a heavily "F1-esque" based game.

And just in case someone posts "what the hell is that supposed to mean", I have an instant answer: Jack Squat.

And that's the Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth. And some people can't handle the truth...

Now looking to Friday, as Edge is nearing WrestleMania 26 with every Spear. Will Jericho need to be sewn back together, or will he continue to talk out of his ass? Find out on SmackDown.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 9)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #45 posted Mar 11th 2010, 04:09:17 Quote 
Only reason Steve Austin isn't in WWE, is because he has some pride in what he does, Vince asked him to become an 'arrogant heel', and he said no.
Bikramjeet Mann
(Group Rookie - 57)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Mar 11th 2010, 04:09:25 Quote 
WWE is obviously better than TNA, all old wrestlers go to tna after wwe.

At wreslteMania XXVI I bet Micheals will lose and retire because he's getting old. Either Cena will beat the Undertaker or nobody ever will.

And at Smackdown! Edge is now a face while batista a heel. I liked it better the other way around, remember that awesome feud taker vs batista vs edge back in 2007! those where the good days.

Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Mar 11th 2010, 04:47:07 Quote 
Quote ( Bikramjeet Mann @ March 11th 2010,04:09:25 )

And at Smackdown! Edge is now a face while batista a heel.

I like this Edge better because it's been a LONG TIME since he's had the fans on his side, and I think that THQ will have an easier time adressing Edge's storyline as a face. I will accept Undertaker as a Monster Heel, though.

Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 11th 2010,04:09:17 )

Only reason Steve Austin isn't in WWE, is because he has some pride in what he does, Vince asked him to become an 'arrogant heel', and he said no.

And that's a stand up man. Unlike Bret Hart, who let his rage force him to sign a match at WM26. Let that example be a reminder, don't let your rage get you suckered into a bid.

At wreslteMania XXVI I bet Micheals will lose and retire because he's getting old. Either Cena will beat the Undertaker or nobody ever will.

Cena may be the only person other than the Undertaker that can defeat the Undertaker. Self-Defeat is the worst defeat of all under any circumstance. If you go in there with a losing attitude, chances are you're gonna lose.

the Undertaker

Quite possibly the most mentally indestructible Wrestler ofall time. It would take a horrifying experience to make the Deadman cringe. Only one person has ever managed to knock him down mentally, and he's facing him in a run what you brung to this competition/loser goes home match, Shawn Michaels.
Frank Rizzo
(Group Amateur - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Mar 11th 2010, 05:02:23 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 11th 2010,04:09:17 )

Dont forget the minor detail of his knees not being able to hold up at all. Or the multitude of other injuries he has piled up. He was in the ring a while ago for that reunion thing they did and he just looked slow and out of shape.

I could certainly see a set piece where he stunner's mcmahon, but really what else would you possibly expect now that the WWE has pussified itself.

As for the undertaker, they will lose a major selling point with the undertaker actually losing a match at wrestlemania. It is a phony and fabricated streak to say the least imho, but the year he loses in a wrestlemania would be the year he gives up wrestling. Any other time there is just no way WWE would lose a draw like that by allowing the undertaker to lose. Nevermind the backstage pull he obviously has built up over the years. He has no reason to "pass the torch" so I dont see him losing at wrestlemania.
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Mar 11th 2010, 05:11:30 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 05:40:19 by Christopher Batchlor) Quote 
It would seem so. The only possible person with a frame similar to that of the Undertaker's is Vance Archer/Lance Hoyt/Lance Rock/some fool who isn't even worthy of taking any torch of the Undertaker's and is a total waste of time doing so because Undertaker is 900 times the wrestler Archer will ever be.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted Mar 11th 2010, 05:48:32 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 05:50:37 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 

And at Smackdown! Edge is now a face while batista a heel. I liked it better the other way around, remember that awesome feud taker vs batista vs edge back in 2007! those where the good days.

Cena beating Undertaker? Micheals has a better chance at doing that.

As for what you say the "good days", they weren't that good in my view, you want the really awesome fueds, watch the real "good old days" back in 97-99. Plus, if Batista wasn't involved, maybe then it could have been a good fued.

Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ March 11th 2010,05:02:23 )

As for the undertaker, they will lose a major selling point with the undertaker actually losing a match at wrestlemania. It is a phony and fabricated streak to say the least imho, but the year he loses in a wrestlemania would be the year he gives up wrestling. Any other time there is just no way WWE would lose a draw like that by allowing the undertaker to lose. Nevermind the backstage pull he obviously has built up over the years. He has no reason to "pass the torch" so I dont see him losing at wrestlemania.

I agree with that, I mean, they've hyped it up so much, him losing will really mess the whole thing up.
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #51 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:17:07 Quote 
Just in case you missed it in post #49, Vance Archer is Lance Hoyt. But most wrestling fans already know that if they've followed TNA and WWE. I knew even before I got my laptop. Some people's faces are instantly recognizable.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #52 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:19:55 Quote 
K-Kwik = Ron Killings = R Truth lol and i never answered this question Smackdown is the Best
Rusty Rafferty
(Group Rookie - 136)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #53 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:28:30 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ March 11th 2010,06:17:07 )

Vance Archer

i assume he's on Smackdown? i really liked him on ECW for some reason, but i rarely watch Smackdown, even though all my favorite wrestlers are on it(minus Christian)
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #54 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:36:22 Quote 
Imposter Kane=Festus=Luke Gallows=a better wrestler

Ironically, although I agree with some of the bullcrap of Straight Edge Society, I can't stand any of the Straight Edge Society members.

marcus_war=extension of Christopher Batchlor's fingers=Christopher Batchlor I am usually unbeatable in offline combat in SvR 2010 but the online lag that this game produces has hindered my ability to win a match on the global stage
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #55 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:47:56 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 06:48:21 by Darian Vincent) Quote 
i was 63-4 in online matches on SvR 2009 to bad my PS2 is Fried and wont work
Rusty Rafferty
(Group Rookie - 136)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #56 posted Mar 11th 2010, 06:56:23 Quote 
the Straight Edge Society rules! i was a big CM Punk fan, even back in his RoH days. i'll be a fan of his no matter what.

i had a 2 hour talk with Drew Hankinson(Luke Gallows), back in July, and he told me he was turning heel. he didn't say anything about the Straight Edge Society(probably because it wasn't thought of yet, this was during the CM Punk/Jeff Hardy feud). pretty cool they teamed him with my favorite, since he's a local guy.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #57 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:00:48 Quote 
CM Punk is an Amazing Wrestller to bad hes being used as only a transitional champion
Tyler Wilson
(Group Rookie - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #58 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:03:20 Quote 
Vince isnt even trying to put on great shows. TNA is pulling out everything. Never know who is going to be on TNA. Plus TNA has the X-Division!
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #59 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:05:24 Quote 
and a bunch of old WWE Wrestlers

Flair Hogan Nash Hall Angle Hardy Van Dam etc.
Tyler Wilson
(Group Rookie - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #60 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:13:27 Quote 
the guys that took WWE to the top, and the guys that pushed WWE to become what they are today. like Nash Hogan Hall Bischoff. [sp]
Page « 1 [23 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic