Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 91 [9293 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2731 posted Jan 4th 2017, 00:27:18 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ January 3rd 2017,20:59:54 )

Hopefully one of them 4 won't win the Rumble...I'd even take Goldberg winning it right now, if it stopped them 4 facing each other every week.

Really, no Chris Jericho win for the Royal Rumble? For me that has to happen, I want to see that Jericho-Owens match if it bound to happen.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2732 posted Jan 4th 2017, 06:50:25 (last edited Jan 4th 2017, 07:09:45 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
I thought "Bring it to the Table" was good and JBL and Heyman were ideal for it. Good way to get the company thoughts across to the IWC in a "fake realistic" way, and was an enjoyable watch.

David, Undertaker was never drafted to either brand so while it is a surprise for him to be appearing on Raw next week, as he appeared and gave support to Smackdown before Survivor Series, it doesn't "make the draft thing pointless". If any one superstar doesn't need to be tied to one brand, it's him, especially as his appearances are so fleeting.

While I think the "big 4" on Raw are great, the continued booking of them with each other is getting a but repetitive. Can still have the rivalries and storylines without the continued matches. I get that the size of the rosters and not wanting to make the mid card look weak (by losing to top guys each week) limits the amount of other matches possible, but there's got to be a balance and Raw seems to be missing it just now.

---

Just watched Ziggler turn heel as I type this. Nice, but need SD need to watch they don't run out of faces lol. Suppose it works if taking him to the mid-card and helping build talent there by working with the up and coming talent there.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2733 posted Jan 4th 2017, 10:30:45 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 4th 2017,06:50:25 )

I thought "Bring it to the Table" was good and JBL and Heyman were ideal for it. Good way to get the company thoughts across to the IWC in a "fake realistic" way, and was an enjoyable watch.

David, Undertaker was never drafted to either brand so while it is a surprise for him to be appearing on Raw next week, as he appeared and gave support to Smackdown before Survivor Series, it doesn't "make the draft thing pointless". If any one superstar doesn't need to be tied to one brand, it's him, especially as his appearances are so fleeting.

While I think the "big 4" on Raw are great, the continued booking of them with each other is getting a but repetitive. Can still have the rivalries and storylines without the continued matches. I get that the size of the rosters and not wanting to make the mid card look weak (by losing to top guys each week) limits the amount of other matches possible, but there's got to be a balance and Raw seems to be missing it just now.

---

Just watched Ziggler turn heel as I type this. Nice, but need SD need to watch they don't run out of faces lol. Suppose it works if taking him to the mid-card and helping build talent there by working with the up and coming talent there.

yeah i share the exact same opinion of RAW...thats wh last week it seems Smackdown beat them in terms of ratings...

but this week even if i enjoyed both programs i guess raw was better...but maybe i'm a little biased because i really like goldberg and sonce he was on raw i liked raw more...

and yes i also think turning ziggler heel will help the midcard...

and also regarding the undertaker your oint is really interesting...cuz i was thinking that since he appeared on smackdown if he won the royal rumble he would go after AJ/Cena, but maybe he could also choose KO/Reigns if he wanted...
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2734 posted Jan 4th 2017, 14:04:39 Quote 
If any of you guys are able to catch Wrestle Kingdom 11, go watch it! Top stuff today, especially the main event, Okada vs Kenny Omega. One of the best matches I've ever seen. :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2735 posted Jan 4th 2017, 14:19:02 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ January 4th 2017,14:04:39 )

If any of you guys are able to catch Wrestle Kingdom 11, go watch it! Top stuff today, especially the main event, Okada vs Kenny Omega. One of the best matches I've ever seen. :)

Yeah, plan to so no spoilers :)

You got NJPW World? Been thinking of subscribing.
Sam Tipple
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2736 posted Jan 4th 2017, 18:33:55 Quote 
yes finally a Ziggler heel turn!!!
Smackdown on fire again.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 292)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2737 posted Jan 4th 2017, 21:47:27 (last edited Jan 4th 2017, 21:48:19 by Daniel Shell) Quote 
I'd probably be ok with Jericho, as I doubt him and Owens would face each other every week in the build up to Mainia.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2738 posted Jan 5th 2017, 20:21:39 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ January 4th 2017,14:04:39 )

Holy shit!

Finally finished watching Wrestle Kingdom and I feel I'll definitely be keeping my NJPW World subscription! That main event was one of the greatest matches of all time - or the greatest of all time if you believe Dave Meltzer who has given it the first ever 6-star rating!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2739 posted Jan 6th 2017, 13:59:05 Quote 
Holy, holy shit!!

Kenny Omega "will be stepping away from Japan to reassess my future. The path of my journey may change, but my goals will not" according to his own Twitter account.

There is only one place bigger than the top of NJPW! Could it be?
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2740 posted Jan 6th 2017, 14:29:21 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 14:29:34 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 4th 2017,14:19:02 )

You got NJPW World? Been thinking of subscribing.

I don't but my brother does so it works out well for me since he's there watching it live. :P

I really hope he's not heading off to WWE just yet, he's still got so much to do in NJPW. Plus we need more videos from him and the Young Bucks! :D
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2741 posted Jan 6th 2017, 15:21:22 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 15:21:48 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Can you imagine if he does though? A surprise Royal Rumble entrant? Nah. How about he interferes in the Cena v AJ Style match costing AJ the title, criticising him for his watered down "Club" in WWE (note - stole that idea from someone on a FB group I'm in, not my idea, but I really like it). If WWE could get him, and had the balls to do it, there are some really excellent and edgy storylines there while staying within their PG guidelines.

He did re-tweet Broken Matt Hardy the other day "understanding the threat of MeekMahan's monopoly to the industry, he (Omega) sees the LIGHT that exists outside" so him joining WWE so soon after is certainly unlikely, but that is just promotional stuff in the leade up to WK11.

If "stepping away from Japan", what else can he do apart from go to WWE. Join Adam Cole at ROH? Still prestigious but not on the same level.

Will be curious to see what happens with him.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2742 posted Jan 6th 2017, 20:24:54 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ January 3rd 2017,20:59:54 )

If I have to watch the combination of Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins face one another again on RAW, I'm strongly considering becoming a Smackdown only Guy.
]

You'll be truly delighted to hear that Roman is defending his US title against KO and Jericho in a handicap match on Raw :(

It is getting a bit beyond a joke now. Stop using the bloody US title in the main event scene!!! :(
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 292)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2743 posted Jan 6th 2017, 21:51:59 Quote 
Yeah I just saw :(

I would love to see Jericho as a champion again! I feel though they would have given it to him by now though if he was gonna get another championship again, before he goes to run off with Fozzy.

If Roman retains the title with a clean win though, it's going to make them two look needlessly weak!

I think it's a bit bad that Roman is getting the "Protection" that Stone Cold got and John Cena used to get. I've got nothing against his wrestling style, but he does not have anywhere near the mic skills them two had, which in my opinion does not make him as entertaining....although i feel John Cena's "Recognize" thing is well over 10 years too late.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2744 posted Jan 6th 2017, 21:56:53 Quote 
I think Roman will likely retain due to KO and Jericho having issues with who is actually going to win the match (handicap match for title so you assume whoever gets the pin wins, although that is effectively a triple threat) or there is interference (Strowman comes in and beats everyone up.

KO - the guy who cleanly beat John Cena on his first fight on the main roster - has already been made to look weak compared to Roman or Seth and there's no need for it. The JeriKO stuff is great but KO should be shown to be capable of being a strong heel champ in his own right with Jericho help being an added bonus.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2745 posted Jan 8th 2017, 18:32:47 (last edited Jan 8th 2017, 18:33:58 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Kenny Omega coming to WWE looks likely as John Cena put a pic of him up on his Instagram; as he did with AJ Styles last year before the Royal Rumble.

Or Cena is a trolling bar steward :p
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2746 posted Jan 8th 2017, 18:44:20 Quote 
Cena's Instagram is troll heaven -- so I think he's just trying to rile some people up.

On a different note -- any of you guys going to the UK tournament? Looking forward to see what they do on that front, especially with the new World of Sport going forward with a full series, apparently.

Finally -- go and watch Omega/Okada at WrestleKingdom 11 last Wednesday if you get a chance (it can be found online). It was actually given 6 stars by Meltzer (out of 5 in theory), and was an amazing match. Slow starting, but just stay with it, I promise you.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2747 posted Jan 8th 2017, 18:57:34 Quote 
Where you been Greg? Kash and I both raved about how good that match was :)

And, yeah, I'm going to the tournament, both days :)
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2748 posted Jan 8th 2017, 19:03:32 (last edited Jan 8th 2017, 19:03:45 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 8th 2017,18:57:34 )

Where you been Greg? Kash and I both raved about how good that match was :)

That's what I get for not reading upwards.... I've been in Silly Game land.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on what they'll do with regards to controlling the crowd. I imagine they'll let them loose, like on NXT or the TakeOver Specials. Also, it feels odd that they keep advertising it on the network with the time in GMT -- clearly it's aimed at the British audience, and any Americans that watch it are extra. Feels odd to have to have the time zone priority flipped :P
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2749 posted Jan 8th 2017, 19:24:35 (last edited Jan 8th 2017, 19:24:56 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
There was no "control" that I'm aware of during the Raw or Smackdown tapings in Glasgow. I don't imagine it can be much different; although totally understand that things are more audible with a small audience.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2750 posted Jan 10th 2017, 10:55:41 Quote 
undertaker will be in the royal rumble...hell yeah...

and jericho is the US champion...heck yeah...

overall a good raw...
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2751 posted Jan 10th 2017, 11:37:03 (last edited Jan 10th 2017, 11:37:38 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ January 10th 2017,10:55:41 )

overall a good raw.

I thought it was one of the worst Raws in a long time :(

The HBK stuff made me cringe, and I am an HBK fan. There was plenty more of the "same old shit", yet again, with the matches so was getting bored by a fair bit of it :(

Undertaker was awesome, as he always is. Roman losing the title was good, and nice to see it going to Jericho but I'd still rather see the belt lower down the card - Jericho is in the Universal Title match at RR (albeit, in the shark cage) and you've got to imagine he's leading to a feud with KO very soon as he's unlikely to be around much after Wrestlemania and can't see them not doing that. Maybe having him lose the belt to the likes of Sami Zayn or such like due to KO messing up while trying to help, or something similar, could be done.

I just hope they don't plan to have KO lose the title to Roman and then have an ultimate Jericho-KO feud result in KO being US Champ. Universal Title or not (and he should keep it, IMO), KO has to be kept near the top of the card. But, as I write this, I consider that maybe KO has to drop down a bit to come back stronger.

They've booked KO terribly. He is a superb heel, but should be a strong heel - one that can legit beat guys without help or shenanigans (and then the heel-ish shenanigans are an extra), like he was portrayed when he first came up to the main brand and challenge and beat Cena. While the Jericho stuff has been fun, KO looks very weak for it, and doesn't look on a similar level to Reigns, Rollins or even Strowman in the ring anymore. He doesn't need to look weak compared to the other stars to be a good heel! Perhaps dropping down to US title level and dominating people for a while (after beating up Jericho for the title) wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Or he could just cleanly beat Roman Reigns at Royal Rumble to retain the title, including kicking out of a spear. That would do the job too, but that's likely pie in the sky thinking :p
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #2752 posted Jan 10th 2017, 11:47:01 Quote 
So Undertaker is back?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2753 posted Jan 10th 2017, 11:49:07 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 10th 2017,11:47:01 )

So Undertaker is back?

Still part time, I'd assume, but his first appearance since just before Survivor Series and he's declared himself as a participant in the Royal Rumble match.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2754 posted Jan 10th 2017, 14:35:40 (last edited Jan 10th 2017, 14:36:10 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Woohoo, Chris Jericho is the US Champ. That pretty much makes it a good RAW already for me. :)

Undertaker in the Royal Rumble, wow that is huge news. Just keeps getting better.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 292)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2755 posted Jan 10th 2017, 22:41:48 Quote 
Like everyone else I'm chuffed to bits that Chris Jericho is the US Champion. But I can't help but think this is going to pave the way for Roman Reigns to win the Universal Title at the Royal Rumble. I can't see WWE booking Owens for a clean win and I can't see them having him retain the title with another DQ since it happened at Roadblock. Unless they find a way to get Jericho out the shark cage.

I reckon Reigns will become Champion at the Royal Rumble. Which will mean he will be going on to headline 3 Wrestlemania's in a row! I've wasted a day's holiday from work to stay up for that too.

I imagine Roman Reigns will have a "Re-match Clause" in his contract so he can face Jericho again next week...

James Keeble
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2756 posted Jan 13th 2017, 10:32:48 Quote 
the Uk championship is going to be a massive FLOP
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2757 posted Jan 13th 2017, 13:48:44 Quote 
Quote ( James Keeble @ January 13th 2017,10:32:48 )

the Uk championship is going to be a massive FLOP

OK, I'll bite.

In what way do you think it will flop? Do you mean the event this weekend (the one that sold out in about a day and has some superb talent) or what they do with it afterwards?
James Keeble
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2758 posted Jan 13th 2017, 14:35:58 Quote 
i think maybe afterwardsit will just fizzle out when it has such great potential, i heard the crowd is going to be full of idiots who are all bald ... ;)

can you confirm?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2759 posted Jan 13th 2017, 15:06:04 Quote 
Quote ( James Keeble @ January 13th 2017,14:35:58 )

i heard the crowd is going to be full of idiots who are all bald ... ;)

I can confirm that is not true as guy I'm going with has plenty hair :)

Quote ( James Keeble @ January 13th 2017,14:35:58 )

i think maybe afterwardsit will just fizzle out when it has such great potential

It's certainly a possibility. No idea what they plan to do afterwards. There's obviously talk of making a regular UK show, much like NXT, but nothing confirmed yet but I imagine they must have something in the works or will lost any momentum from this weekend's event. I'm just going to enjoy the weekend and try not to worry about how they do with it afterwards, but fingers crossed that they make a big deal of it and have something planned soon.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2760 posted Jan 13th 2017, 16:29:54 Quote 
Personally, I'm guessing they're looking for a weekly show out of it. Probably will be like 205Live and be on the Network, but filmed in the UK and at a time when it's actually reasonable for you guys to watch it over there.

I'm really curious to see what (if anything they do) about NJPW becoming a bigger competitor and looking to make a bigger mark. I didn't expect a response to World of Sport, but there was one. Now will they do the same in a few months over in Japan/China/Hong Kong and make an "Asian Championship"?
Page « 1 2 3 ... 91 [9293 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic