Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 94 [9596 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Markus Kilm
(Group Amateur - 51)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2821 posted Feb 2nd 2017, 11:16:01 Quote 
John Cena vs AJ Styles got 4.75 rating by Dave Meltzer
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2822 posted Feb 2nd 2017, 11:20:02 (last edited Feb 2nd 2017, 11:20:24 by Daniel Shell) Quote 
Seth Rollins is going to be out for 8 weeks with a torn MCL in the same knee he injured last year.

This is very close to Wrestlemania, I wonder if they'll book him out of it and put Triple H else where now.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2823 posted Feb 2nd 2017, 14:28:51 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 2nd 2017,11:20:02 )

Seth Rollins is going to be out for 8 weeks with a torn MCL in the same knee he injured last year.

So relieved to hear that. Obviously not ideal but had feared he would be out for a lot longer if it was a repeat of the same injury as before.

Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 2nd 2017,11:20:02 )

This is very close to Wrestlemania, I wonder if they'll book him out of it and put Triple H else where now.

I imagine they'll leave a decision on that as late as possible, but I'd imagine they'll put plans in place for an alternative for Triple H. With it being 8 weeks and 3 days to Wrestlemania, it's likely that Rollins would need to be making really good progress quite early in his recovery for them to book him in a Wrestlemania match.

Quote ( Markus Kilm @ February 2nd 2017,11:16:01 )

John Cena vs AJ Styles got 4.75 rating by Dave Meltzer

Given he's only ever rated 5 WWE/F matches 5 stars, and only one since becoming WWE, I'm not surprised. I'd have thought with the importance of the match (which is taken in to account), and it being the faux-record equalling, it might edge 5 stars, but perhaps lack of a long running build up to it wouldn't have helped. I'd say 4.75 is probably pretty fair.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2824 posted Feb 9th 2017, 13:02:47 Quote 
Well this week was not outstanding but i enjoyed some of the matches and story...

Goldberg vs Lesnar at Mania accepted as expected, but was not expecting a title match for Goldberg vs KO...

And liked to see the fatal 4 way between the Elimination Chamber participants...
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2825 posted Feb 9th 2017, 22:55:01 Quote 
Yeah, I can see them putting the title on Goldberg annoyingly, I don't mind seeing Goldberg vs Lesnar one last time, but I don't want it for the title.

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho at Mania in a Title vs Title match is a lot more interesting..and the match may go on longer than 5 minutes.

I can see Bayley winning the title next week on Raw...only to lose it at Fastlane though for her to keep Charlotte's PPV record.

At the rate Charlotte is going, she'll have beaten Trish's record for most women's titles by the time summer comes along.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2826 posted Feb 10th 2017, 03:31:31 Quote 
Why am I not surprised that they want to make Lesnar vs Goldberg for the title? Neither one of them deserves to hold it. Once again the part timers are stealing the top spots at WrestleMania from the proper guys. :/
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2827 posted Feb 10th 2017, 10:27:25 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ February 10th 2017,03:31:31 )

Why am I not surprised that they want to make Lesnar vs Goldberg for the title? Neither one of them deserves to hold it. Once again the part timers are stealing the top spots at WrestleMania from the proper guys. :/

I'm still hoping for a swerve that means Goldberg doesn't win the title at FastLane, but I really struggle to see how they can book the match in any way but for Goldberg to strongly go over, especially with his Lesnar match at SS and how quickly he put him out the Rumble.

Even with interference, it'd be s a stretch. Attacking and weakening Goldberg beforehand could be an excuse for him not coming out at dominating KO in less than two minutes, but still can't really picture KO retaining, but really hope I'm wrong.

I've heard it mentioned that maybe Lesnar could interfere but that makes absolutely no kayfabe sense as he's got a match with him at Mania already and it's for the title if Goldberg wins, so Lesnar has no reason to want him to lose.

I totally get the need for the part timers and major stars of yesteryear to be on cards like Wrestlemania, but there is no need for them to need it to be for a major title. Going to be mega pissed if Goldberg wins that title (so Universal title on a part timer right up to and beyond Wrestlemania).
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2828 posted Feb 10th 2017, 10:28:47 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 9th 2017,22:55:01 )

I can see Bayley winning the title next week on Raw...only to lose it at Fastlane though for her to keep Charlotte's PPV record.

No. No. No. Please no. lol

The Charlotte-Sasha thing worked for me, but had to end when it did. Starting the same kind of title swapping with someone else would be terrible booking, in my opinion.

Emma due to return same night of that title match. Coincidence?
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2829 posted Feb 10th 2017, 13:28:25 Quote 
You could be right Kevin, I feel like Bayley needs to have the match interfered with, in order to get a rematch at Fastlane, as I don't think they'll give Charlotte a clean victory and have them do it again, what would be the point? :/
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2830 posted Feb 10th 2017, 15:50:12 Quote 
I love Bayley but would have absolutely no issue with her not coming out as champion at all in the current Charlotte feud. Makes Charlotte looks strong if she has a more extended run now, as she should, and Bayle the plucky underdog. And all the better when Bayley does eventually win the title, even if it's a good bit down the line.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2831 posted Feb 10th 2017, 15:58:43 (last edited Feb 10th 2017, 15:59:44 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 10th 2017,10:27:25 )

I totally get the need for the part timers and major stars of yesteryear to be on cards like Wrestlemania, but there is no need for them to need it to be for a major title. Going to be mega pissed if Goldberg wins that title (so Universal title on a part timer right up to and beyond Wrestlemania).

Exactly! Glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way about this.

As for Bayley, sure she has to win the title at WrestleMania to make it mean more especially with her backstory.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2832 posted Feb 10th 2017, 16:12:56 (last edited Feb 10th 2017, 16:13:45 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ February 10th 2017,15:58:43 )

As for Bayley, sure she has to win the title at WrestleMania to make it mean more especially with her backstory.

Doesn't need to be this Wrestlemania though :) I think a long reign with Charlotte as champ would be well deserved and good for the title just now.

Until Paige comes back :)
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2833 posted Feb 10th 2017, 16:21:22 Quote 
Oh yeah that's true, they could make the chase longer and it could start with this Mania.

I hope Paige comes back but it sounds like she wants to try MMA (haha as if that'll ever work). By the way, has anyone heard that the Rock will have a hand in making a new movie about her family?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2834 posted Feb 10th 2017, 16:31:26 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ February 10th 2017,16:21:22 )

By the way, has anyone heard that the Rock will have a hand in making a new movie about her family?

Yeah, that's why I think she'll definitely be coming back as the news about the movie all points to her not being anywhere near as bad terms as was reported by some sources. And her surgery was a while ago now so who knows when she's actually fit to compete again - could be tomorrow, could be ages away.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2835 posted Feb 12th 2017, 13:32:27 Quote 
I'm off to the WCPW PPV tonight to see Kurt Angle vs Del Rio!

I'm really looking forward to it, managed to get myself in the 2nd row of the event

I've never watched WCPW before, but if the card is good tonight, id be open to watching them more often:)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2836 posted Feb 12th 2017, 16:20:12 (last edited Feb 12th 2017, 16:53:07 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
I've never missed any WCPW stuff since it started. Pity you've not been following as you won't be aware of some of the back story. You're in for a treat though. Not overly fussed on the Angle vs El Patron match but stuff like Osprey vs Ricochet, Sabre Jr vs Banks will all be awesome, probably better than the headline match or even the Hendry vs Galloway title match.

Enjoy it. I'll be watching it live on iPPV.

Gutted that Penta El Zero M (formerly known as Pentagon Jr) won't be there - called off due to personal circumstances, announced a few hours ago - as was looking forward to seeing him for the first time. And Tessa Blanchard missing too, although Bea Priestley still due to have a match.

The mixed tag from a few weeks bag between couples Osprey & Priestley vs Ricochet & Blanchard was superb.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2837 posted Feb 12th 2017, 23:29:08 Quote 
You're right Kevin, WCPW is awesome!

I'm fairly sure the Elimination Chamber won't even top it tonight.

Before the event started they had a convention going on where you could meet the wrestlers, annoyingly I couldn't meet Kurt Angle, because he was sold out and they didn't promote to me you had to buy tickets in advance to meet him...but I met El Patron instead, he was friendly, I asked how he enjoyed the UK, and typically he just mention it was cold haha.

Osprey and Ricochet were amazing tonight, despite the top rope breaking at the start of the match! Best match on the card in my opinion.

Hendry vs Galloway was good, but I feel the Tag Team Open Challenge ladder match was better, some fantastic spots there, but again Osprey with the RKO of the top of the ladder was outstanding! Easily the performer of the night for me!

Angle vs El Patron was good, before I go in to it though, I should mention something that happened before the match.

Me and my friends are sat there and a chair gets dumped next to us, and the security guard says "don't lose your shit guys" then Paige comes through and sits next to us!

I wanted to get a selfie with her after the match, but the security guard was being a right dick to people trying to take a selfie with her, and I didn't want to be "That Fan" so I didn't bother. She was friendly and chatty during the match though.

The Angle vs El Patron match was good itself though, I haven't watched Angle in a while though, but his age was showing in the match I felt, which is to be expected since he is 48, I'm glad I got to see him wrestle though, he was one of my favorites in my childhood, so 10 year old me is doing back flips right now.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2838 posted Feb 13th 2017, 00:23:57 Quote 
Yeah, Ospreay is something special. All the more impressive with him pulling double duty tonight for WCPW when you consider he was fighting in Osaka at NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka yesterday (albeit they are 9 hours ahead of us, but still!).

I know what you mean about Angle. Watched him in his other WCPW matches (versus Cody Rhodes and versus Joe Hendry) and you can tell that he's certainly not as impressive as he once was but, as you say, to be expected at his age, and still very good for his age. And always good to see him, especially as that was very probably his last time he fights in the UK ever.

Glad you enjoyed it.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2839 posted Feb 13th 2017, 14:15:36 Quote 
can't say all the elimination chamber ppv results were predictable, but storywise i think they were good...

they finally gave wyatt the deserved singles gold, and having a feud of him with orton to wrestlemania seems like a good idea...
and that leaves cena, styles, ambrose, etc to be able to be put somewhere else on the wrestlemania card...

the womens title going to naomi is good also, cuz ppl were getting tired of alexa retaining by outside interference...

also the american alpha deserve to retain. makng them look as strong and the best tag team on smackdown...

the rest of the matches wre ok i guess...nothing to impressive, but the results felt right to me with orton winning, apolo and kalisto winning, becky bwinning, and nicky and natalia getting a draw by countout...

so i guess this tuesday the wrestlemania matchups for smackdown may start to be arranged...

lets wait and see...
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2840 posted Feb 13th 2017, 15:58:45 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ February 13th 2017,14:15:36 )

so i guess this tuesday the wrestlemania matchups for smackdown may start to be arranged...

I think we get a mini-PPV episode of SmackDown in here somewhere before we really start the Mania build, since there's 7 weeks until Wrestlemania. And that's a looooooong time to be building up stories with no payoff.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2841 posted Feb 14th 2017, 05:59:24 Quote 
That Luke Harper vs Randy Orton match at EC was really good, about time they let Harper shine. Good to see Bray Wyatt as WWE Champion. :)

But today is a sad day. Team Chris and Kevin is...I can't believe I'm saying this...no more. :*(
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2842 posted Feb 14th 2017, 09:04:13 Quote 
I predicted the Bayley result last night, and I had inklings about Naomi and Bray winning there titles at Elimination Chamber!

I'll see you lot later, I'm off to see if WWE are hiring any wriiters ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2843 posted Feb 14th 2017, 10:04:31 (last edited Feb 14th 2017, 10:07:33 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
KO-Jericho stuff was excellent for me, especially with the underlying Triple H influence coming back in to play.

Gutted that I'm not feeling the Bayley payoff. Just wasn't the right way to do it, IMO, and not as buzzing about it as I should be, because she is awesome and she does deserve it (and the match itself was great).

In other news, Bray Wyatt is having a title match against Cena on Smackdown tonight.

And a belated shout out for 2017 Hall of Fame inductee, Teddy Long...

...playa!
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2844 posted Feb 14th 2017, 15:29:06 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 14th 2017,10:04:31 )

And a belated shout out for 2017 Hall of Fame inductee, Teddy Long...

You know what that means....we're gonna have....A TAG TEAM MATCH! HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA! :P
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2845 posted Feb 15th 2017, 11:47:53 Quote 
well...i was not expecting orton to say what he did to whyatt at the end of smackdown...

but from his words he said that he's not gonna fight him at wrestlemania as long as he is his servant and bray his master - meaning perhaps that he will betray and leave the family before - or that he is expecting bray to free him...

the rest it was i guess below my expectations...but as someone pointed out, its still too soon to arrange the wrestlemania matches...
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2846 posted Feb 15th 2017, 14:20:23 Quote 
Daniel Bryan has announced there will be a Battle Royal next week to determine who will face Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

Not that I want this to happen, but can anyone else see Luke Harper winning this, and then have Randy at some point down the line change his mind/have Bray talk him into doing the match so it is "2 on 1" and make this a triple threat match for the title at Mania?

Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2847 posted Feb 15th 2017, 16:20:45 Quote 
Maybe WWE actually did listen to my idea of a triple threat match between Wyatt vs Orton vs Harper, I knew that would make a great match!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2848 posted Feb 16th 2017, 01:29:29 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ February 15th 2017,11:47:53 )

the rest it was i guess below my expectations...

Did you watch the main event? That was one of the best non-PPV matches I've seen in a hell of a long time.

Quote ( Daniel Shell @ February 15th 2017,14:20:23 )

Not that I want this to happen, but can anyone else see Luke Harper winning this, and then have Randy at some point down the line change his mind/have Bray talk him into doing the match so it is "2 on 1" and make this a triple threat match for the title at Mania?

First thing that crossed my mind when I heard DB make the announcement on Talking Smack. And AJ still to get his promised 1 on 1 match, but from Talking Smack, I'm guessing that's leading that Shane that could escalate to their rumoured Wrestlemania match. I really hope not :(
James Keeble
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2849 posted Feb 16th 2017, 09:15:17 Quote 
https://youtu.be/KQxXcpoFrjs

my good god, hors of joy with my right hand.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2850 posted Feb 21st 2017, 18:00:17 Quote 
I got through RAW in like an hour this week.

I skipped every match but Strowman vs Big Show. The rest didn't interest me, I've seen Charlotte vs Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn a million times I'm bored of it.

I feel like WWE have to split up The New Day after Wrestlemania, but I imagine there merchandise sales are through the roof so they won't do it. But, they have nothing to go for in the Tag Team division! They had the longest reign in god knows how long, and going for the tag titles again would make no sense, they don't need the titles.

I watched the Lesnar, Owens and Bayley promos. I was annoyed how the Y2J thing from last week wasn't addressed. I'd understand it if they had something as good to replace it, but they really don't! I think we got an insight of what RAW is going to be like in a few months when Jericho leaves...and it doesn't look very good.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 94 [9596 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic