Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 92 [9394 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2761 posted Jan 13th 2017, 16:41:59 (last edited Jan 13th 2017, 16:42:50 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Yup what I heard is that they are planning to have their own show over there for these guys in the UK. Hopefully it works out well for them.

As for the second part, I can't see it happening yet. It'll be tough to challenge New Japan and I actually hope they don't do that.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2762 posted Jan 13th 2017, 18:05:59 Quote 
Ok my bad, they are planning to do a tournament for an Asian championship and a Latin American championship too. Not sure how those will work.
Lee Middleburgh
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2763 posted Jan 13th 2017, 18:11:01 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 6th 2017,15:21:22 )

Can you imagine if he does though? A surprise Royal Rumble entrant? Nah. How about he interferes in the Cena v AJ Style match costing AJ the title, criticising him for his watered down "Club" in WWE (note - stole that idea from someone on a FB group I'm in, not my idea, but I really like it). If WWE could get him, and had the balls to do it, there are some really excellent and edgy storylines there while staying within their PG guidelines.

He did re-tweet Broken Matt Hardy the other day "understanding the threat of MeekMahan's monopoly to the industry, he (Omega) sees the LIGHT that exists outside" so him joining WWE so soon after is certainly unlikely, but that is just promotional stuff in the leade up to WK11.

If "stepping away from Japan", what else can he do apart from go to WWE. Join Adam Cole at ROH? Still prestigious but not on the same level.

Will be curious to see what happens with him.

Kenny Omega contract expires 31/01/17
Sam Tipple
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2764 posted Jan 13th 2017, 18:49:24 Quote 
Speaking of interference in the title match I'm thinking Samoa Joe may cost AJ. Looks like AJ will turn face soon (they need to turn him really it's silly pretending the most over guy in the company is the top heel on SD) and apparently Samoa Joe is planned for a big match at WM. Either way I think Cena's leaving with the title so interesting to see what they do with AJ at WM.

btw shame Y2J won US title in a way as that means he won't be winning rumble and Roman will be headlining another match at WM. Please not against the Undertaker.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2765 posted Jan 13th 2017, 19:05:16 (last edited Jan 13th 2017, 19:10:25 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Sam Tipple @ January 13th 2017,18:49:24 )

btw shame Y2J won US title in a way as that means he won't be winning rumble and Roman will be headlining another match at WM. Please not against the Undertaker.

It'll be Strowman v. Taker, I'm betting. If not, I think they have to go Cena v. Taker (but that might be for next year's Wrestlemania -- Cena v. Taker for his retirement match, and he goes in the Hall of Fame that weekend.)

Also: I'll be real curious to see how the international arms of WWE play out (Asia, Latin America, etc.). I'm guessing to Vince that this looks like a global version of what he did to take over the territories in the US and make WWE the main player there.
Sam Tipple
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2766 posted Jan 13th 2017, 19:34:37 Quote 
I dunno, I don't think they would have done that shot of Strowman watching if that was the plan as that would make it too obvious - I'm sure there'll be some sort of interaction in the rumble match though. I'm hoping for Cena v Taker (not just for the prediction game points :P (if its for the title))

This probably isn't a popular opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing Reigns v Strowman for the title (raw). Obviously it shouldn't main event though.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2767 posted Jan 13th 2017, 22:17:25 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Middleburgh @ January 13th 2017,18:11:01 )

Kenny Omega contract expires 31/01/17

Source? I've heard all sorts - out of contract, signed an extension, etc
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2768 posted Jan 13th 2017, 22:22:04 (last edited Jan 13th 2017, 22:26:15 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Greg Tierney @ January 13th 2017,19:05:16 )

It'll be Strowman v. Taker, I'm betting. If not, I think they have to go Cena v. Taker (but that might be for next year's Wrestlemania -- Cena v. Taker for his retirement match, and he goes in the Hall of Fame that weekend.)

Acoording to Meltzer, Cena v Taker is now off the table - Vince changed his mind on it. And he also says that Strowman v Taker isn't in the company's plans and the payoff for the small moment on Raw will be in the Royal Rumble match.

Sources don't come more reliable than Dave Meltzer, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE were deliberately circulating false reports so they get out there to put people off the cent. I still think Cena v Taker is most likely, personally.

And speaking of Taker, this week, after Raw...
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 60)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2769 posted Jan 14th 2017, 17:00:58 (last edited Jan 14th 2017, 17:02:03 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Taker vs Strowman? Oh god no, I don't want to see that.

If Cena vs Undertaker is not the plan, why not Undertaker vs AJ Styles? The Phenom vs The Phenomenal One. Now that's a dream match! :D

As for Kenny Omega, I believe he's staying with New Japan so that's good. Personally I'd prefer to see him there still, he's surely due a title run there soon.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2770 posted Jan 14th 2017, 19:50:30 (last edited Jan 14th 2017, 19:52:45 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/vIRBQNn
Sam Tipple
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2771 posted Jan 15th 2017, 00:39:13 Quote 
When I was awesome in the title I was expecting the Miz :( Looks like a great venue.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2772 posted Jan 15th 2017, 21:08:00 (last edited Jan 15th 2017, 21:12:02 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
So, Kevin, you wearing a "British Strong Style" shirt? Pretty sure I just saw you on the rail at the UKCT. If not, it's another bald guy with glasses who's there.

Looks awesome so far, and I like how it's not just straight up competition, but some room for heels/faces.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2773 posted Jan 16th 2017, 03:49:30 Quote 
No, wasn't me. But you'll definitely see me on the second night show - wearing a Kevin Owens Show shirt.

And holy shit! That was amazing! :)
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2774 posted Jan 16th 2017, 04:20:43 (last edited Jan 16th 2017, 04:22:00 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 16th 2017,03:49:30 )

And holy shit! That was amazing! :)

I'm actually amazed that they were able to build a full feud in 24 hours, and turned Dunne from someone who was widely cheered at the beginning to being roundly booed at the end, and building a full-on babyface to face off against him. Brilliantly done, all the way through.

Also, I'm sure you're going to anyway, but you should check out the show on the Network, Kevin. McGuinness and Cole were killing it on commentary... none of which you could hear there (except for that bit where Charly Caruso bled over into the hall.... I heard y'all chanting after that hahahaha)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2775 posted Jan 16th 2017, 12:54:45 Quote 
Yeah, heard that a lot on Twitter so already watched some of it (half of day 1 and about 3 matches of day 2) on the Network already and fully plan to watch it all :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2776 posted Jan 16th 2017, 23:38:19 Quote 
Kurt Angle being inducted in to Hall of Fame this year. Guessing that means he'll be retiring too :(
Sam Tipple
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2777 posted Jan 16th 2017, 23:57:34 (last edited Jan 16th 2017, 23:57:49 by Sam Tipple) Quote 
Well he is 48 lol. I'm sure he's gonna have his last run, judging by his twitter he's gonna be wrestling. Can't wait for the Rumble now!!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2778 posted Jan 17th 2017, 00:22:44 Quote 
I'm sure he has indy bookings after the RR
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2779 posted Jan 17th 2017, 01:21:29 Quote 
Wow that 2nd night in Blackpool was amazing, good stuff from those guys. Didn't see Bate winning it but he sure impressed the hell out of me. How is he only 19? :O
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2780 posted Jan 18th 2017, 14:09:25 Quote 
Lawler back on pre-show at RR and will also be on commentary for the Rumble match itself (with Cole and Graves).
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2781 posted Jan 18th 2017, 15:44:01 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 18th 2017,14:09:25 )

Lawler back on pre-show at RR and will also be on commentary for the Rumble match itself (with Cole and Graves).

nice...

his promo with ziggler on smackdown was good...

for me at least i would like to see him more on raw/smackdown...
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2782 posted Jan 18th 2017, 19:34:11 Quote 
This week, id say I skipped 2 hours of RAW, I didn't even bother with the main event, I just skipped to the bit where they put Reigns threw the table...I was just so bored. Every storyline has the same people in the ring every week! Not just the main 4, but Titus and The New Day, Shemaus & Cesaro vs The Club, Enzo & Cass Against Rusev and Jinder Mahall. I feel like I'm watching the same show every week!

Smackdown was awesome though! I didn't skip a minute of it! Best show for a while! I felt a little let down by the cage match, but that's mainly because I wanted to see Alexa do her floppy move of the top of the cage. I'm glad they exposed Mickie tonight though, I didn't want that to be dragged out like the Emmalina Debut.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2783 posted Jan 18th 2017, 20:45:03 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ January 18th 2017,15:44:01 )

for me at least i would like to see him more on raw/smackdown...

He was quite rightly pulled off TV. And his misogynist ways have no place in this day and age. Here is hoping that he's been through a few sensitivity classes or such like in his time away from the limelight.

Quote ( Daniel Shell @ January 18th 2017,19:34:11 )

This week, id say I skipped 2 hours of RAW, I didn't even bother with the main event, I just skipped to the bit where they put Reigns threw the table...I was just so bored. Every storyline has the same people in the ring every week! Not just the main 4, but Titus and The New Day, Shemaus & Cesaro vs The Club, Enzo & Cass Against Rusev and Jinder Mahall. I feel like I'm watching the same show every week!

Smackdown was awesome though! I didn't skip a minute of it! Best show for a while! I felt a little let down by the cage match, but that's mainly because I wanted to see Alexa do her floppy move of the top of the cage. I'm glad they exposed Mickie tonight though, I didn't want that to be dragged out like the Emmalina Debut.

Weird. I thought Raw was OK and at least changed things up a touch. Titus hadn't fought Kofi yet. The Club hadn't had the tag title match with Shesaro yet (I don't like the single match fights building up to it, but at least it was the title match, that I expected to wait for Royal Rumble). The Enzo & Cass v Ruser & Mahall tag match hadn't been down either.

But you can't build a storyline without the same people interacting, but I accept (as has been the thing with the main event scene) that they can't overdo the same matches. There has to be a balance.

As for Smackdown, I thought it was one of the poorest in ages, and I've been loving Smackdown. Maybe cause I was only half watching it, maybe just too much wrestling to be fully in to after the full weekend, and catching up on WCPW stuff. But just didn't grab me as it normally does.
Sam Tipple
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2784 posted Jan 19th 2017, 00:14:12 Quote 
I looked at the spoilers for Raw and then only watched 3 segments from Raw. The booking is shocking.

Smackdown on the other hand. Wow (again)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2785 posted Jan 19th 2017, 00:37:08 (last edited Jan 19th 2017, 00:37:14 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
I feel I need to re-watch Smackdown lol
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2786 posted Jan 19th 2017, 11:46:59 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 19th 2017,00:37:08 )

I feel I need to re-watch Smackdown lol

well i agree with the comments above...

i even didn't felt compelled to watch some of the raw videos this week after reading what happened...

smackdown on the other hand i enjoyed it a lot...

lets see how much time until we have 1 vs 1 matches inside the wyatt family, how long will ambrose mantain the IC title, and after the RR we will be in the smackdown elimination chamber...
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2787 posted Jan 19th 2017, 13:18:22 Quote 
You need to watch SmackDown, especially that last bit! :D
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2788 posted Jan 19th 2017, 14:01:49 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ January 19th 2017,13:18:22 )

You need to watch SmackDown, especially that last bit! :D

Worst. Surprise. Ever. :p

Was fully expecting it all along. Pretty annoying to have the "put them in a cage to avoid interference" thing going, for someone to be able to walk in to the cage and do exactly that. And given that her return was well known about in advanced, there was no shock factor for me, unfortunately :(

Quote ( David Duarte @ January 19th 2017,11:46:59 )

lets see how much time until we have 1 vs 1 matches inside the wyatt family

Bray Wyatt said on Talking Smack that it would be Orton v Harper next week. Let the brothers fight it out and then the full family will be stronger for it. I like that angle as oppose to it being a straight out break up, and I hope they do keep them together. The eventual break up could be teased for many months if done right, and don't feel any need to rush it.
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2789 posted Jan 19th 2017, 15:30:43 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 19th 2017,14:01:49 )

Quote ( David Duarte @ January 19th 2017,11:46:59 )

lets see how much time until we have 1 vs 1 matches inside the wyatt family

Bray Wyatt said on Talking Smack that it would be Orton v Harper next week. Let the brothers fight it out and then the full family will be stronger for it. I like that angle as oppose to it being a straight out break up, and I hope they do keep them together. The eventual break up could be teased for many months if done right, and don't feel any need to rush it.

i agree...for orton or even harper to betray the family i think it deserves to be on a big ppv and preferably in a title match...
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2790 posted Jan 19th 2017, 16:03:05 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ January 19th 2017,14:01:49 )

Worst. Surprise. Ever. :p

I know but still, it's Mickie James! So happy to see she's back! :D
Page « 1 2 3 ... 92 [9394 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic