Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 98 [99100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2941 posted Apr 7th 2017, 10:14:16 Quote 
Unfortunately, i see them being kept apart. Feeling AJ will move to Raw and Naka kept on SD. Hope I'm wrong.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2942 posted Apr 11th 2017, 17:17:15 Quote 
was i sleepy when i watched the RAW recap (best moments of all the segments), or the so called "shake up" introducd almost nothing at al???
Jesse Toppari
(Group Rookie - 57)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2943 posted Apr 11th 2017, 17:22:44 Quote 
I love watching big man's acting
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2944 posted Apr 11th 2017, 18:31:04 Quote 
I'm glad AJ didn't move, but at the same time they need to move some big names to Smackdown as they lost a lot of star power tonight.

If AJ is staying on Smackdown I can actually see the club joining him. That would be a nice heel faction again.

Kevin Owens will obviously go the other way.

I fully expect Charlotte to go to Smackdown now too, with Alexa Bliss and Mickie James now on Raw.

I feel like a member of the Shield has to go there too. Otherwise there attendances are really going to suffer.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2945 posted Apr 12th 2017, 10:33:54 Quote 
well the superstar shake up didn't brought much to smackdown aeither, but at least i enjoye it a little more...

it seems nakamura's first feud is going to be with dolph ziggler...ok lets see what they can do...

charlotte on smackdown is bound to inrease the quality of the women's matches IMO...

KO as the main heel on smackdown is perfect...

just can't seem to relate to the continuation of orton's and wyatt's feud...
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2946 posted Apr 12th 2017, 20:06:14 Quote 
Smackdown lost the Superstar Shake up.

It sucks coz 2 weeks a go it was a million miles better than RAW...and that roster now is just...meh.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2947 posted Apr 18th 2017, 14:02:38 Quote 
And once again the ring colapses...i think it was well done, and the fans got crazy after it happened...

And i think it was a good RAW overall...glad they still are making brawn strowman look strong...

Like jericho promo backstage...

And some matches were arranged to the Payback ppv...
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2948 posted Apr 19th 2017, 12:51:33 Quote 
well the smackdown was average for me...

no shinsuke nakamura, makes it even worse...and the matches had no wow factor...

clearly raw won this week for me...
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2949 posted Apr 19th 2017, 16:25:08 Quote 
Smackdown was pretty bleh. Nothing wow-ed me, although I'm curious to see where they go with the new number one contender (and his helpers), especially since Shane was glossing over the help on Talking Smack, which was odd.

I also think it's interesting that Vince has just now decided to apparently go all-in on anti-American gimmicks by really hammering home two in the same night, between Owens and Mahal. While they amuse me and make me chuckle, I hate anti-American gimmicks in general... they just make no sense for an "international company" -- but I'm curious of what all of your takes are on such a gimmick as non-Americans.

On a side note: 205 Live? I'm really interested to see where Daivari's new "Dubai prince" gimmick goes, and Mustafa Ali is starting to bring the crowd along a little more. Pretty sure having a mid-eastern heel vs. a mid-eastern face in a match might be a first in WWE...
Sam Tipple
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2950 posted Apr 19th 2017, 21:10:38 Quote 
Quote ( Greg Tierney @ April 19th 2017,16:25:08 )

I also think it's interesting that Vince has just now decided to apparently go all-in on anti-American gimmicks by really hammering home two in the same night, between Owens and Mahal. While they amuse me and make me chuckle, I hate anti-American gimmicks in general... they just make no sense for an "international company" -- but I'm curious of what all of your takes are on such a gimmick as non-Americans.

I tend to agree but I'm hoping they go with a more Hassan-style anti-American gimmick as that was very fresh at the time rather than the typical "I hate America" gimmick.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2951 posted Apr 28th 2017, 18:07:31 (last edited Apr 28th 2017, 18:33:25 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
So, WWE just announced the name for the new RAW-Exclusive PPV in July. And it's (drum roll please).................

......Great Balls of Fire.

I'm not kidding. Really hoping it's not based around a gimmick match of the same name. Might the worst PPV name I've ever heard. And in case you don't believe me, here's proof of the name: https://twitter.com/AACenter/status/857973196364029952/video/1 or http://www.wwe.com/wwe-great-balls-of-fire-ppv-dallas
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2952 posted May 21st 2017, 05:13:14 (last edited May 21st 2017, 05:13:35 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
So, uh....... how bout that NXT event? That might be card of the year so far, top to bottom.

It's rare that the NXT Championship match might have actually been the most uninteresting on the card. But that UK Championship match... WOW.

...also I did get faked out. Thought I was safe, and then blam-o.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2953 posted May 21st 2017, 18:35:52 Quote 
didn't watched it...do you recomend to wtach all matches that much???

best regards
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2954 posted May 21st 2017, 18:49:52 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ May 21st 2017,18:35:52 )

didn't watched it...do you recomend to wtach all matches that much???

At minimum, watch the UK Championship Match and then from the Tag Team Championship match (main event) through to the end of the show.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2955 posted May 22nd 2017, 10:59:33 Quote 
well yesterday's backlash had some suprises in my opinion...

didn't think they would have given jinder the wwe championship and didn't think they would have let samy defeat baron corbin...

the rest of the results were inside what i thought wwe would go to...

lets see if yesterday's results matter for the continuation of some of the feuds, or they are just forgetting them and moving on to the next ones...

best regards...
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Master - 2)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2956 posted May 22nd 2017, 16:00:54 Quote 
So my prediction from many years ago finally came true, Jinder Mahal is the WWE Champion. Woohoo! Really happy for the guy, what a good dude and worked his ass off and finally they're giving him a chance. :)
Daniel Shell
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2957 posted May 22nd 2017, 20:37:38 Quote 
Last week, I decided to stop watching WWE. I just can't get into the current product.

On RAW, I feel like the cruiseweight division is killing the show as they don't face other people who aren't cruiserweights, unless they fancy throwing someone to Braun Strowman. Because of this though, it severely reduces the men's division, and it's probably a smaller division than the one on the Smackdown roster. Which is why I always moan about the same matches every week on the show.

Smackdown is obviously the better of the two, as the writers are a lot more creative. I honestly wouldn't expect something as good as "The Fashion Files" to appear on RAW. The sad thing is about Smackdown is that it got the worse end of the stick during the Superstar shakeup...which was expected.

I tried getting into NXT around the time of Wrestlemania and I watched every week until last week. It has a lot of potential to be better than it is. I don't like the idea of starting a rivialry on the show and not seeing it continue for another couple of weeks or so. I guess that what happens when you have a hour show, when half of it is advertisements too.

I'll get the results every now and then online and catch the highlights on Instagram, but for now I'll go back to being a casual fan, watching when only a big match that hasn't happened before comes along.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2958 posted Jun 5th 2017, 15:58:52 Quote 
So after Extreme Rules, or more like Heel Rules, all the "Heels" have the titles in RAW...

And really disapointed with some of the finishes, even though i believe almsot all the matches were really good...

And i think brock lesnar vs samoa joe is going to be a blockbuster/dream match...

Best Regards...
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 15)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2959 posted Jun 11th 2017, 22:00:45 Quote 
highly recommend everyone watch NJPW's Dominion event. Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida was a Classic, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito was a show Stealer... and Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega was the best match of all time.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2960 posted Jun 12th 2017, 18:12:38 Quote 
Quote ( Darian Vincent @ June 11th 2017,22:00:45 )

highly recommend everyone watch NJPW's Dominion event. Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida was a Classic, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito was a show Stealer... and Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega was the best match of all time.

where do you usually watch it???
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2961 posted Jun 12th 2017, 19:30:44 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ June 12th 2017,18:12:38 )

where do you usually watch it???

Subscribe to New Japan World for only 999 ¥ a month :) (Works out at about 8.12 Euros :p)

Naturally, within the terms of the site, we can't tell you anywhere to watch it that isn't legitimate although I'm sure there are disreputable sites out there that would allow such a thing, I certainly couldn't endorse them.
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2962 posted Jun 14th 2017, 14:09:43 Quote 
do you think the person who will win this sunday's money in the banl will depend from who wins the we championship match???

cuz if randy orton wins, i'm not seeing a face winning and cahing in on him...

but if he wins and a heel wins, we could see somone cashing in right away...

what are your thoughts on this subject???
James Keeble
(Group Pro - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2963 posted Jun 14th 2017, 15:43:11 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ June 12th 2017,19:30:44 )

Naturally, within the terms of the site, we can't tell you anywhere to watch it that isn't legitimate although

grow a pair!
James Keeble
(Group Pro - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2964 posted Jul 11th 2017, 13:23:27 Quote 
anyone see great balls of fire?
Arthur Markus
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2965 posted Nov 7th 2017, 19:44:23 Quote 
https://youtu.be/hZN1HkeTyn0

RODDY PIPER DOCU!
Tj Smith
(Group Rookie - 141)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2966 posted Dec 8th 2017, 17:03:45 Quote 
Sheamus is suffering from spinal stenosis, the same injury that ended Edge and Stone Colds careers.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2967 posted Mar 12th 2018, 17:42:05 (last edited Mar 12th 2018, 17:49:05 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Peter-Michael Watkins @ March 12th 2018,14:17:34 )

Still confused why they gave the title to randy but i guess wwe was scared of a roode mania run as champ. Still sad to see that now they have only 2 champion who can not be considered parttimer...

Eh? Orton isn't part time - at least not when it comes to weekly TV.

Alexa Bliss, The Miz, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, Seamus and Cesaro, and Usos are all not part time.

The only part time champ is Lesnar, surely?

---

I think having Orton win it wasn't a bad call. Was a surprise, for a start, and he does probably deserve the grand slam. I don't think it's anything to do with a fear of Roode going in to Mania with the belt. Maybe slightly because Orton is a bigger draw with casual fans to promote the event. I would not be at all surprised if Roode won it back at Mania in a triple threat with Orton and Jinder.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2968 posted Mar 20th 2018, 20:35:37 Quote 
Daniel Bryan cleared for in ring return in WWE!!! Officially announced by WWE themselves, so not a rumour!
Jun Ho
(Group Retired)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #2969 posted Mar 20th 2018, 20:44:16 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 20th 2018,20:35:37 )

Daniel Bryan cleared for in ring return in WWE!!! Officially announced by WWE themselves, so not a rumour!

Was just about to post this! Wooo! Who do you think he will wrestle in Wrestlemania?
Greg Tierney
(Group Pro - 12)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2970 posted Mar 20th 2018, 20:48:41 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ March 20th 2018,20:44:16 )

Was just about to post this! Wooo! Who do you think he will wrestle in Wrestlemania?

Has to be Shane, I think. How they get to there now though, I don't know.

Or...... he goes into the IC multi-man match against the Miz, but I want Miz-Bryan to be a nice long feud with a crapton of promos (RIP Talking Smack)
Page « 1 2 3 ... 98 [99100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic