Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Refuel when technical problem Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Refuel when technical problem 7 replies
Peter Peyper
(Group Amateur - 113)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:05:08 Quote 
what will be the possibility to add a another choice when a tech problem occurs.

Currently we have the option to select the check box to either refuel or not refuel when your car comes in for a tech problem.

The suggestion I would like to make is to base it on a % basis.

Ex: If your stint is 20 laps and you have chosen that you have to complete 75% of your laps (15 laps) for this stint before refueling your car if a tech prob occurs, if it is below the 75% mark then do NOT refuel. So in other words if I come in on L17 (This stint only) for a tech prob they will refuel the car again with your next selection you made but if the car comes in on L5 (For this stint) for example they will not refuel and you will continue on your normal pitstop strategy.

Obviously the % basis is your choice what you make.

My reason for this suggestion is that sometimes you select do not refuel and you come in for a pitstop 1 lap before your actual pitstop and next lap you pit again to refuel doing a double pitstop.

This way you are adding at least a choice what your pit crew must do when a tech prob occurs at what stage in a stint you a doing.
Jake Clark
(Group Amateur - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:09:53 (last edited Jun 27th 2014, 19:10:51 by Jake Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Peter Peyper @ June 27th 2014,19:05:08 )

Or in Litres, like it is for the fuel strategy section.

I think since the fuel strategies are in "L" we should keep it that way.

It does sound like a good idea, but it's down to how people would cope with it, plus it would require a re-map of the game engine.
Matt Kasar
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:10:00 Quote 
nice suggestion
Michael Sherrington
(Group Rookie - 242)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:14:42 Quote 
Nice suggestion and the reasoning is put forward well.
Michael Franks
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:44:17 Quote 
Brilliant suggestion.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Jun 27th 2014, 19:52:19 Quote 
Quote ( Jake Clark @ June 27th 2014,19:09:53 )

Quote ( Peter Peyper @ June 27th 2014,19:05:08 )

Or in Litres, like it is for the fuel strategy section.

I think since the fuel strategies are in "L" we should keep it that way.

It does sound like a good idea, but it's down to how people would cope with it, plus it would require a re-map of the game engine.

Obviously I do t know how the code is written, but I don't see where this would require any sort of rewritting of the game engine (I get really tired of people using that as an excuse, especially for things like this which definitely should NOT require any sort of rewritting).

A simple addition of a parameter in an if statement (or eauivilant logical test) would be all that would be required to implement this on the game engine.

Of course some minor html edits on strategy page, and an additional slot in (more than likely) a database table.

I do agree that it should be kept in liters though.
Basil Dazz
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Apr 23rd 2017, 11:47:40 (last edited Apr 23rd 2017, 11:57:29 by Basil Dazz) Quote 
Yes,this, just this.

only refuel when pitting if fuel is less than 10%[ ] 20%[ ] 30%[ ] ........

----------------------------

Expansion -:

More problems can be thrown into the mix this way as well without it being a definite washout every time.

If Driver suspects Tyre problem, Leccy problem, Wings are not set as were expected should he pit y[ ] n[ ]

Caution leading a victory on occasion over brawn.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Pro - 8)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #8 posted Apr 23rd 2017, 17:46:02 Quote 
- Similar Suggestion.!!!
"Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > Suggestions forum > A New Box for Extra Fuel on Technical Pit stop."
/gr/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27064#scroll

Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Refuel when technical problem Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic