Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > 2 practice laps on one click? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: 2 practice laps on one click? 41 replies
George Togas
(Group Pro - 8)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Dec 11th 2020, 06:28:41 Quote 
You can do your practice laps by pressing Enter when you are on any field that requires to put numbers in (parts settings or fuel for Q2).
Also,by using tab and move to "Drive lap" also by pressing Enter or Space.
Matías Alloatti
(Group Amateur - 83)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Dec 11th 2020, 12:34:29 Quote 
I'll definetely start using enter from this point forward.

Still there are plenty of people using clicks to perform actions. I would suggest something like this to be implemented (if possible):

- A manager clicks on drive lap.
- A second drive lap request is generated (no matter why).
- GPRO generates the result for the first request and a pop up warning that the next practice lap has exactly the same setup and tyres than a lap already done.
- The pop up asks for confirmation. Two options 1-Drive anyways 2-Don't drive. Number 2 option has a timer of 5 seconds with it.
- If the manager clicks Don't drive, or the 5 seconds timer runs out, GPRO invalidates the second request.

By doing that, it doesn't matter if the manager has lag, or the connection is slow and never sees the pop up, after 5 seconds the new attempt will be invalid.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Dec 11th 2020, 13:38:31 (last edited Dec 11th 2020, 13:57:39 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ December 11th 2020,12:34:29 )

I'll definetely start using enter from this point forward.

That makes sense anyways. Consider this... you have to input numbers anyways with keyboard, why not use tab and enter too. Why touch the mouse at all

From ergonomic point of view, constantly swapping hand between keyboard and mouse is not good.

consider this option

input FW value, TAB, input RW value, TAB, input Engine value, TAB, input brakes value, TAB, input gear value TAB input susp value,

after values are set, just TAB to tyre selection (up/down keys select tyres) and TAB to drive lap by enter key.

^^whole thing done by keyboard. No moving hand back and forth keyboard<->mouse and no finding where mouse cursor is going... better for ergonomy

sidenote: IF by accident one proceeds 2 steps instead of one, Shift+Tab goes backwards in selection

Personally I think that many people would benefit from learning to use keyboard more efficiently. When one is proficient with keyboard, it's possible to go for hours without touching the mouse.

Edit: the actual keys might be slightly different in Mac, but they also have similar functions
Josh Clark
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #34 posted Dec 11th 2020, 13:49:24 Quote 
If we're getting nerdy with it don't forget to alt+tab if you have an extrernal tool, or ctrl+tab in chrome to jump to a different tab ;)
Darren Brown
(Group Rookie - 109)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Dec 11th 2020, 14:32:42 Quote 
It happened to me a few weeks back, clicked the drive lap once, did nothing else and when the site went through the motions it came back with 2 laps done.

I'm not one to moan so didn't bother saying anything as this was the only time its happened (I think lol) since I started playing in S64.

But as its been mentioned I thought I would mention it just in case lol
Mattia Canepa
(Group Rookie - 92)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Dec 11th 2020, 14:37:12 Quote 
It happened at me 1 month ago, i think it happens when the connection go slow.
Matías Alloatti
(Group Amateur - 83)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Dec 11th 2020, 15:23:31 Quote 
Taking notes on all the advices about using keyboard. Thanks!

Yet we can't expect all the people to use only keyboards, nor an announcement like "Please don't use your mouse as double clicks my perform undesired actions"

As Rogerio suggested, if it's possible to implement, I would love to see a pop-up warning (like in update car) which says

YOU ARE ABOUT TO DRIVE A LAP WITH THE SAME SETUP AND TYRES THAN A PREVIOUS LAP. PROCEED?

YES / NO (5)

(5) would be the timer. If the 5 seconds runs out, then NO is the selected answer and the pop-up automatically gets closed.

By doing this, there is no problem if the double click is made by a slow connection or lag and the manager never gets to see the pop-up warning, the second lap will just be ignored by the timer running out.

Needless to say, every time you drive a lap with a different setup or tyres the pop-up will not appear. And if you actually want to repeat a lap with the same setup and tyres, you simply have to press YES to confirm.
Carlos Daniel Gregoret
(Group Amateur - 8)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Dec 11th 2020, 16:09:38 Quote 

Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ December 11th 2020,15:23:31 )

if it's possible to implement, I would love to see a pop-up warning (like in update car) which says

YOU ARE ABOUT TO DRIVE A LAP WITH THE SAME SETUP AND TYRES THAN A PREVIOUS LAP. PROCEED?

YES / NO (5)
I agree. That´s a good suggestion.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Dec 11th 2020, 16:10:51 Quote 

Taking notes on all the advices about using keyboard. Thanks!

You're welcome :)

Yet we can't expect all the people to use only keyboards, nor an announcement like "Please don't use your mouse as double clicks my perform undesired actions"

I don't think anyone is saying such things.

Besides... there already is a system to prevent double-click actions. But ofcourse it doesn't' prevent some freaky connection errors.

What was said was that things like you described are rare (for example I've never had it) and IF they happen it's due to some interweb lags/connection issues

Even when/if I've had a laggy connection there hasn't been "double-laps"

YES / NO (5)
(5) would be the timer. If the 5 seconds runs out, then NO is the selected answer and the pop-up automatically gets closed.

Don't' think too complicated :)

In an "error prevention system" which would be very rarely launched, any kind of timer is a bit redundant, me thinks
Demeter Muller
(Group Amateur - 7)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Dec 11th 2020, 22:45:47 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ December 11th 2020,04:09:47 )

There already is such a thing

Yeah didn't know, I'm new enough to have never done tests :D Just assumed as I never saw a similar mechanic elsewhere in the game iirc.
Mike Bennett
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Dec 12th 2020, 21:22:51 Quote 

Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ December 11th 2020,01:09:30 )

I'm bumping this topic because I had this exact same problem and I didn't want to open a new topic.

I made 5 practice laps on the following race Ahvenisto. I set everything for my sixth practice lap and clicked once (only once) on DRIVE LAP. I didn't do any other action and, 5 seconds after my click, I realised that the game was taking quite a long time to give me a result (it usually takes a second or two). So I did one and only one center click on GPRO logo to open a new tab and check if I my conection to the site was lost. Right after opening the new tab, my previous tab finished loading and brought me 2 identical practice laps (sixth and seventh).

I would love to know if this is still a typical ocurrence. I've never had this issue before and I can tell that I'm extremely cautious not to click twice on Drive Lap or any other action button.

The website freezes/lags more often than you would think, today it was down again around 3pm GMT, just when I was sending a pm, it was down for about 10 Mins,

Gpro.net is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

It will freeze/not respond at least a couple of times a day for me, but most managers will not experience it if they are not actively using the site or only spend short periods online.

Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Dec 12th 2020, 23:54:01 Quote 
About the general availability of GPRO: there's two times in the hour where gpro does lag a bit due to funky server stuff happening. That's on top of the hour and around minute 42. Matter of seconds though.

What Bennett describes above sounds to me as something i've seen in the past, but not recently: somehow sessions seemed to get stuck occasionally. Switching from www to non-www hostname would generally circumvent this. Haven't experienced that myself in quite some time though.
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > 2 practice laps on one click? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic