Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Rain Strat Questions Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Rain Strat Questions 3 replies
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Dec 17th 2016, 05:52:05 (last edited Dec 17th 2016, 05:59:01 by Tushant Sharma) Quote 
A rookie question:

- Since next race is not 100% rain, what do people do in this case.

Dry strat is different from rain (fuel, pit stops etc) - which means choosing the right strat is important. But currently it seems to me like this a random chance, if I start on rain strat, and the 1-8% chance it's dry comes true then I'm screwed?

Yes I can go pit immediately - but what if it starts raining again next lap, then I can either pit again (time lost) or can go on with my dry strat and probably get boned down the line.

And the biggest issue is the different fuel requirements, I believe dry is different from rain (at least that's what I've come to the conclusion) - which means my dry-rain strats are quite different, which makes it more important to get the strategy right.

- My question is: Is there any way to know if it will rain or not with such high chances (90-99% rain).
Yug Desai3
(Group Rookie - 300)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Dec 17th 2016, 05:59:24 Quote 
Quote ( Tushant Sharma @ December 17th 2016,05:52:05 )

f I start on rain strat, and the 1-8% chance it's dry comes true then I'm screwed?

It also means all your competitors are screwed so everything evens out. However in my time here I don't think it's been dry with such high probabilities for rain.

Is there any way to know if it will rain or not with such high chances (92-99% rain).

There's a reason why it's chance. But it is extremely likely to rain so you don't have to worry too much. Do try to cover most possibilities but you can never cover all so don't worry too much.

Remember the race will start dry because weather of Q2 is dry. So you have two option.
1) Start on dry tyres and pit when rain starts. (Try wait to pit as 1-2 laps)
2) Start on wet tyres and hope rain start real soon.
Andrew Wilden
(Group Pro - 24)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Dec 17th 2016, 06:04:33 (last edited Dec 17th 2016, 06:21:27 by Andrew Wilden) Quote 

But currently it seems to me like this a random chance, if I start on rain strat, and the 1-8% chance it's dry comes true then I'm screwed?

Look closely Mate.
Q1 is Wet
Q2 is Dry as is Race Start

What you really need to ask yourself is;
"When will the Rain Start ?"
That will decide your starting strategy

You need to look at the 1/2 hour forecasts & devise your own guesstimate.
No one can give you 100% the right answer.

Just keep in mind a couple of other things.

Obviously Rain Tyres in the Dry will be slower than Dry tyres
as will Dry Tyres be slower in the Wet, then Rain tyres
but
What you may not have thought of is tyre wear of each type of tyre (Dry v's Wet) in the dry, especially in these temperatures

Both options are a bit of a Gamble, sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong.

Just go with what you think is best.

Good Luck :)
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Dec 17th 2016, 06:31:21 (last edited Dec 17th 2016, 06:31:47 by Tushant Sharma) Quote 
Thanks for the recommendations, understanding the game a bit more.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Rain Strat Questions Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic