Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Driver Contract only showing 5 games left Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Driver Contract only showing 5 games left 9 replies
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Dec 26th 2016, 13:49:39 Quote 
When I signed my current driver I made sure to sign him only till end of season (all races) - but now I'm looking at the UI and it says he has 5 races left, and we have 6 races left.

Could this please be looked at.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Pro - 24)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Dec 26th 2016, 14:53:39 Quote 
For how many races did you sign him?
Sam Tipple
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Dec 26th 2016, 14:55:28 Quote 
I'm guessing unfortunately you may have typed the wrong number when making your initial bid. We've all done it at some point.

Depending on your driver's motivation you could try getting his OA down to 85 and renewing? But guessing as you only wanted the driver until the end of the season that may not be what you want to do.

If you want you can drop me a PM and I'll give you some tips/help you find a new driver ?
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Dec 26th 2016, 15:02:49 Quote 
Pretty sure I didn't make a mistake, it's not too hard to count the number of races left...

On Dec 12 I offered him a contract for 10 games, I'm in rookie so I went for the driver within my criteria with no other offers on him - the aim was to use him this season, then next season hire a young driver from the beginning.

It's not about wanting to keep this driver, I'm remaining in rookie so that was never the aim.
Ayman Daher
(Group Master - 1)

Lebanon 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Dec 26th 2016, 15:12:30 (last edited Dec 26th 2016, 15:13:03 by Ayman Daher) Quote 
Go to your current offers page, you should see the offers you made this season with the number of races offered.
Jack Wemyss
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Dec 26th 2016, 15:21:48 Quote 
Quote ( Ayman Daher @ December 26th 2016,15:12:30 )

Go to your current offers page, you should see the offers you made this season with the number of races offered.

Send us a screenshot
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7 posted Dec 26th 2016, 15:39:52 (last edited Dec 26th 2016, 15:41:10 by Tushant Sharma) Quote 
My apologies, I DID in fact offer him a 9 race contract for some reason - even though I definitely had 10 races in mind. Not sure what happened there.

Guess now I have to lose some race badly so his motivation goes down and I can resign him for 1 more game - getting a new driver will theoretically change all my stats collections, which is only 4 games into my GPRO career xD

Guess I should start collecting data properly from next season when I'm here from the beginning then.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Dec 26th 2016, 16:34:31 Quote 
Will only impact data on one race if you change driver, and could actually provide a point of comparison. Also, probably better to sign a driver for next season before the end of this one (be it your current or someone else) and avoid the market madness and inflated salaries that happen at the beginning of the season.
Tushant Sharma
(Group Rookie - 130)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #9 posted Dec 26th 2016, 17:32:38 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ December 26th 2016,16:34:31 )

Also, probably better to sign a driver for next season before the end of this one (be it your current or someone else) and avoid the market madness and inflated salaries that happen at the beginning of the season.

This is something I did not know, I assumed the reset at the end of the season made all contract offers void - so how does this work? Season ends, reset, time to offer contract, new season starts?
Florencia Caro
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Dec 26th 2016, 17:43:52 Quote 
Driver contracts are not reset. You can eventually lose a driver if the OA is over 85 when season reset script is run, but if you manage to keep it at 85 or below, you keep the driver.

You may want to check the rules again, Tushant :)
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Driver Contract only showing 5 games left Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic