Page [12 3 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What would you like to change mostly, to remains popular the game?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Decreasing participants 349 replies
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (18)
Old post #1 posted Jan 5th 2017, 22:37:36 Quote 
I realised sadly that, the number of participants are decreasing in every season..If this goes on, in the S70 there will be circa/about ONLY 5000 participant and at the end of the season only 4000...What can we do?(or more precisely Vlad), What are your suggestions?
Please vote! :) I think this is very important question,and I don't want to ends/lose this game:)

I think that,must be reduced the randoms (and start accidens) only 1 what is ok/seasons or none... A LOT OF manager ends the gpro because of this!

In my opinion Second problem is the energy system, the majority of players can't see through this, very diffucult and "random"...I could win the Master but I still don't understand completely.

and maybe the overtakes could be more easier, the currently system is not really fair, you have been blocked when you are 1-1,5s faster than previous car

Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #2 posted Jan 5th 2017, 22:42:05 Quote 
What we can all do is spam referral links all over the internet and get all our friends to join. Getting people through the door is the main battle. Many people will not like the game concept, no little changes will change that. The more people who come through the door the more will stay and that will increase the participants.
Javier Caceres
(Group Amateur - 75)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #3 posted Jan 5th 2017, 22:43:52 Quote 
nothing. Need advertising.

some flyers in the red and done.

need activate a fanpage or the facebook page.
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Jan 5th 2017, 22:47:45 Quote 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ January 5th 2017,22:42:05 )

What we can all do is spam referral links all over the internet and get all our friends to join. Getting people through the door is the main battle. Many people will not like the game concept, no little changes will change that. The more people who come through the door the more will stay and that will increase the participants.

I invited lot's of people but they don't like the game...Maybe the live screen will help! I hope... (And I don't want to leave the GPRO,but I'm worried..)
Daneks Britāls
(Group Pro - 4)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5 posted Jan 5th 2017, 22:50:28 (last edited Jan 5th 2017, 22:54:43 by Daneks Britāls) Quote 
Other:

1. Harder to overtake or more very hard overtaking tracks. I mean more balanced calendar where we always have similar number of certain tracks. As for easy overtaking lottery lovers as for very hard overtaking quali+pitstop lovers.

2. Calendar again. Seasons must be more predictable towards expected weather. Here has to be clod rain, hot rain, lottery in place. Also dry races temperatures must be balanced between.

3. Some tweeks to sponsor system. We have several good suggestions and something actually already done (like signing sponsor instantly after promo). As about myself i really like idea about driver personal sponsor according to driver certain stat, nacionality and probably previous results. Yeah, and of course sponsor should not react to random failure.

4. Tires importance is way too high. Yes, they cost a lot but still.

5. Complete change of forum moderators team except Andrei.
Jed Lilly
(Group Pro - 13)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:00:40 Quote 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ January 5th 2017,22:50:28 )

Other:

1. Harder to overtake or more very hard overtaking tracks. I mean more balanced calendar where we always have similar number of certain tracks. As for easy overtaking lottery lovers as for very hard overtaking quali+pitstop lovers.

2. Calendar again. Seasons must be more predictable towards expected weather. Here has to be clod rain, hot rain, lottery in place. Also dry races temperatures must be balanced between.

3. Some tweeks to sponsor system. We have several good suggestions and something actually already done (like signing sponsor instantly after promo). As about myself i really like idea about driver personal sponsor according to driver certain stat, nacionality and probably previous results.

4. Tires importance is way too high. Yes, they cost a lot but still.

Are these really issues which effect the majority of GPRO players including new player sign-ups (most are in amateur and rookie where issues like tyres are not a factor).

Do you really think having more stable temperatures throughout the season and less difference between tyres will encourage more amateurs/rookies to stick around, or more of those who sign up to the site to stay for more than one race? It sounds like you're ignoring the real reasons to just push your own selfish agenda/remove your weaknesses from the game.
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:19:31 (last edited Jan 5th 2017, 23:20:10 by Daryl Gee) Quote 
It's a dying game format.

You may as well try save text-based RPGs.
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:23:15 Quote 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ January 5th 2017,22:50:28 )

1. Harder to overtake or more very hard overtaking tracks.

I think, this is nerve-racking :D
Daneks Britāls
(Group Pro - 4)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:25:14 Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ January 5th 2017,23:23:15 )

No. Nerve racking is going up and down by 20 positions during 10 laps.
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:36:50 Quote 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ January 5th 2017,23:25:14 )

Quote ( Veres Tamás @ January 5th 2017,23:23:15 )

No. Nerve racking is going up and down by 20 positions during 10 laps.

Why? this is real, if somebody very strong/fast but start from behind(last) , you can overtake lot's of...like Mercedes in Formula-1..or Vettel 2012 Abu Dhabi, he push forward like a rocket.
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:38:59 Quote 
And if he has a random problem, like real, then?

What then, Veres?
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:40:30 Quote 
I wrote: 1 random is ok in a season,but no more pls..Last season 2-3 team mates got 3-4 randoms.
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:42:14 Quote 
That's neither realistic, nor random.
Tony Lamb
(Group Rookie - 72)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:46:09 Quote 
I find it astonishing that this site doesn't have a public news section

Yes there is a section in the forum, and I get a notification of new interviews but after that is gone. It is some effort to find that post again considering it is page 35 of 40 or something silly.

A dedicated news section that can be viewed from the outside as well as inside gpro.net would show to new users that the community is live and kicking, and if there were specific dev blog entries that the game is being actively developed and maintained.

I guess when games on Facebook were big, farmville etc. (They still could be but I've blocked them all) integration there could draw considerable numbers. Also more likely for someone to remember to race if they were on the fence considering the hours people spend on there.

I read somewhere that apps were in development. I think that would be a new avenue for markets. Although depending on gpro's architecture this could be a lot of effort, and there is considerably competitive market out there so time and effort may not be worth it.
Manuel Capelli
(Group Amateur - 123)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jan 5th 2017, 23:52:40 Quote 
I hate a pilot's contract sistem!
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jan 6th 2017, 00:07:10 Quote 
Is it just me, or is this basically the same topic as started by Tibor? Is there some conspiracy I should know about?
Jed Lilly
(Group Pro - 13)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Jan 6th 2017, 00:39:44 Quote 
Quote ( Tony Lamb @ January 5th 2017,23:46:09 )

A dedicated news section that can be viewed from the outside as well as inside gpro.net would show to new users that the community is live and kicking, and if there were specific dev blog entries that the game is being actively developed and maintained.

There is a change log but it is very well hidden (impossible to find unless you know it exists): /gb/ChangeLog.asp , I like the idea of a news/blog section (if properly visible on the top menu), it could be used for the game changes and community pieces such as the end of season awards and interviews. For example, a couple of weeks ago GPRO added liveries for different nations (based on the communities request) but unless you were one of the tiny minority reading the right thread you would have no idea they ever existed!

If not a blog, sharing these things on the Facebook/Twitter pages (which are mostly used as F1 feeds atm) would give an insight to the 'outsiders' about what is happening in the game.

btw its interesting to hear from the less experienced players, it's a different point of view to those of us who have been around forever.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Jan 6th 2017, 00:43:36 Quote 
Not very creative when a very similar post was made....yesterday lol.
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #19 posted Jan 6th 2017, 00:53:29 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 00:57:49 by James Berriman) Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ January 6th 2017,00:07:10 )

Is there some conspiracy I should know about?

maybe if we all get worried about some relatively insignificant numbers we wont notice the top 3 guys/gals in elite were relegated to Rookie and we wont care for the reasons why...

Personally I believe GPRO has very healthy participation numbers due to it's total awesomeness. Current losses look like natural turnover to me, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that core player group is also on the rise!?! who knows:P I also believe recent updates and upcoming updates will build upon already solid foundations... VIVA GPRO =)
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #20 posted Jan 6th 2017, 00:57:39 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 6th 2017,00:43:36 )

where? And this is vote-topic
Higo Camporez
(Group Amateur - 6)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #21 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:03:55 Quote 
I love this game! I think you just need marketing. The greater the disclosure, the more people will know the game and the greater the popularity.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:06:20 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 01:07:09 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ January 6th 2017,00:57:39 )

"What is the reason"

I guess by changing a few words you are as creative as a new generation rapper lol
Claudio Szynkier
(Group Amateur - 118)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:11:47 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 01:41:12 by Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ January 6th 2017,00:57:39 )

where...

WHERE?

really, dude?

do you have some problem, don't you? this can't be about gpro.

aren't you able to browse the forums and see what was posted MINUTES before you decide to interact "and diagnose the gpro decay"?

dude, we're having this same discussion since june 2015. and everyone very connected to the game already know what is the problem, the weakness, the things that have to be done, the things that don't depend on gpro as a whole. the admins included. and they're doin what is possible, i imagine.

but "connection to the game" is not the desire of racing with ct100, overtake everyone and "remove energy, it's making my game and my country's game harder". connection with the game, in a deep or even in a BASIC level, means, in the first place, caution and awareness about what was said MINUTES, days and YEARS before you say to yourself "hmmm... less participants. time to say something in gpro".

and explain to your friends why the game is good, teach them. just spreading the link is a bit lazy.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:13:25 Quote 
Had a loud LOL moment when i read "diagnose the gpro decay" 😂😂😂
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #25 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:47:05 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 01:49:39 by Veres Tamás) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 6th 2017,01:06:20 )

"What is the reason"

I just see now! :D This is not the same topic,but similar.

I try to write the problem better, and explain the problems
Nevzat Kasapoglu
(Group Amateur - 9)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #26 posted Jan 6th 2017, 01:54:08 Quote 
I would like to vote for this: Clearly, no energy system!

30% of the players declared that they dont want this change in "Cancel Energy" topic.

Game is not in a luxurious situation to discard 1/3 of its community, even risking is also so crazy.

Additionally, I lost all my passion to the game after the energy change. And I started to spend so limited times to the game, may be 10-15 minutes each race. For me, seeing that topic and voting was just a matter of chance.
It's not strange to realise that survey is less voted by the managers who didnt like it. So we can think that, the percentage of the players whom didnt like energy change could be higher. But who cares, even 10% is so much - whereas it is 30%.

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ January 5th 2017,22:42:05 )

Quote ( Javier Caceres @ January 5th 2017,22:43:52 )

nothing. Need advertising.

some flyers in the red and done.

need activate a fanpage or the facebook page.

Absolutely no.
When you check participants per race graph, there are pretty enough newcomers to the game. The problem is, they dont keep playing. Retaining them should have more priority than working for attracting new players. Because as mostly happened till today, those newcomers will not continue to play generally.

Last additions, boost and energy, serves the opposite of this approach. Makes the game extremely difficult for newcomers. It's now way difficult to learn calculating main things for races: wear , fuel, tyres ...
There are more & more defects of this energy change (still I dont say improvement) such as the thing it made obsolete in the game. But I dont want to go in detail because I'm about to fill the allocated time to this energetic game.

I dont think changing sponsor system or a better tuned calendar will help the game to raise the participants because these kind of things are mostly for pro+ managers, but the majority of the players are below. And wont help newcomers to continue playing.

Good luck all
Fernando Garcia
(Group Amateur - 67)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #27 posted Jan 6th 2017, 02:04:53 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 02:12:23 by Fernando Garcia) Quote 
Quote ( Nevzat Kasapoglu @ January 6th 2017,01:54:08 )

30% of the players declared that they dont want this change in "Cancel Energy" topic.

Okay... Lets just ignore 70% of the players aka the majority. Because who cares about democracy, right? To be honest, the "cancel energy" poll shouldn't even be taken as a relevant point because the people could've changed their minds since that day. I'm sure that a good number of folks that used to hate the driver energy feature changed their minds... And vice-versa, of course.

Anyway, Verez has been complaining about the feature and the topics added to his poll since 2016. At first, I read the poll and thought to myself "lol another one complaining because of personal failures" and then I found out who posted the poll... No surprise.

IF I voted, I would go for "other". Advertisement (even though browser-games aren't as popular as they used to be), but the most important is to please the CORE players. GPRO has its core players, there's no doubt about it. The graphs show that new managers aren't staying, in the meanwhile we have individuals that have been playing the game for years. Speaking for myself now, GPRO has become a tradition so I ain't leaving the game lol. The casual players; however, will end up leaving someday. So you wanna keep the core players, not the casual ones. If you lose the core players, you won't have a game.

I'm speaking from experience. I've seen a game go from its prime to having like 30 people online at peak hours -- they lost most of its core players and the remaining ones are just casuals that barely spend money on the game. We gotta have in mind that GPRO is a crew's source of money, so the long-haul people that plan to invest their time in the game should be top priority.

GPRO is going pretty well imo. But yeah, that doesn't mean much coming from me because I haven't been around since early seasons.
Nevzat Kasapoglu
(Group Amateur - 9)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #28 posted Jan 6th 2017, 02:29:48 (last edited Jan 6th 2017, 02:31:51 by Nevzat Kasapoglu) Quote 
Quote ( Fernando Garcia @ January 6th 2017,02:04:53 )

Okay... Lets just ignore 70% of the players aka the majority. Because who cares about democracy, right? To be honest, the "cancel energy" poll shouldn't even be taken as a relevant point because the people could've changed their minds since that day. I'm sure that a good number of folks that used to hate the driver energy feature changed their minds... And vice-versa, of course.

Thanks for your comment Fernando.

I agree with you about that polls validity.

But I cant agree with you about your democracy demagogy. It would be democracy if they ask to the community "which improvement do you want? These are the options... Do you want a big change, or minor changes better ? Do you like a reshuffle etc.". There were many ways.
If you are talking about democracy, the thing happened was the reverse.

And, if they want to keep the game alive, they should do "changes" which will be liked OR accepted by minimum 90-95% of the community.

Again and again, in this competitive world, none of the games (or businesses) in the world doesnt have a luxurious of dissatisfying 30% of their customers, with just a change.
Veres Tamás
(Group Master - 2)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Jan 6th 2017, 03:24:59 Quote 
Quote ( Nevzat Kasapoglu @ January 6th 2017,01:54:08 )

I would like to vote for this: Clearly, no energy system!

I agree
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Jan 6th 2017, 03:33:34 Quote 
Energy did not change the rate of decrease in the game.

To point at it as an issue causing decreasing players is wrong, the decrease is natural. The problem is that there are not enough new players coming into the game to replace those that are lost naturally.

This decrease has been steady since the discontinuance of advertising by the game. Until that is addressed (it's not a sexy topic, so people won't complain about it) then the game will continue to become smaller and smaller.

IMO energy added a new interesting dynamic to the game. Some will like it, some will not... but it has not nor will it change the rate of retention or the rate of recruitment.
Page [12 3 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic