Page « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What would you like to change mostly, to remains popular the game?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Decreasing participants 349 replies
Jean Chapados
(Group Pro - 23)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #271 posted Mar 29th 2017, 19:22:27 Quote 
I like the game how it is but I believe few things can be improved.
1- Live race: new track design will certainly help and I hope the timer between each lap will be less than 2 minutes.

2- The car setting: Most of the players will figure quickly how to setup the car and many people are using a tool. Therefore I believe this part is useless the way it is now, in my opinion it makes a difference only for rookies. I also believe the driver technical skill should make a difference, if a driver is good to set up the car, the car should be faster. My suggestion here is for each practice lap the driver propose his own setting automatically, better are his skill faster he will get the perfect setup. A driver with bad skill will need the 8 laps to get his best setting while another could find his best setting in 4 laps. This way it will eliminate the advantage of using a tool without doing the practice laps and it will make the driver technical skill more useful.

3- Race strategy: I think it could be interesting if we could have choice between 2 set of tyres during a race and also change the risk after a pit stop. See the example below.
Start fuel = 40 - Tyre = xSoft - CT = 50
Stop 1 fuel = 90 - Tyre = Medium - CT = 65
Stop 2 fuel = 00 - Tyre = xSoft - CT = 0
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 25)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #272 posted Mar 29th 2017, 19:32:02 (last edited Mar 29th 2017, 19:32:19 by Tibor Szuromi) Quote 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ March 29th 2017,19:22:27 )

Complicated.
Unnecessary.

Random BOX ???
Martti Kaasik
(Group Master - 4)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #273 posted Mar 29th 2017, 20:38:29 Quote 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ March 29th 2017,19:22:27 )

I like the game how it is but I believe few things can be improved.
1- Live race: new track design will certainly help and I hope the timer between each lap will be less than 2 minutes.

2- The car setting: Most of the players will figure quickly how to setup the car and many people are using a tool. Therefore I believe this part is useless the way it is now, in my opinion it makes a difference only for rookies. I also believe the driver technical skill should make a difference, if a driver is good to set up the car, the car should be faster. My suggestion here is for each practice lap the driver propose his own setting automatically, better are his skill faster he will get the perfect setup. A driver with bad skill will need the 8 laps to get his best setting while another could find his best setting in 4 laps. This way it will eliminate the advantage of using a tool without doing the practice laps and it will make the driver technical skill more useful.

3- Race strategy: I think it could be interesting if we could have choice between 2 set of tyres during a race and also change the risk after a pit stop. See the example below.

You like the game as it is but you want to change almost everything? :D
Jean Chapados
(Group Pro - 23)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #274 posted Mar 29th 2017, 21:18:55 Quote 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ March 29th 2017,20:38:29 )

I love my wife but it doesn't mean I won't like bigger B...
Leon Baltus
(Group Rookie - 14)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #275 posted Mar 30th 2017, 01:19:11 Quote 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ March 29th 2017,21:18:55 )

Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ March 29th 2017,20:38:29 )

I love my wife but it doesn't mean I won't like bigger B...

Bigger B is usually called D ))
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #276 posted Mar 30th 2017, 01:23:41 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ March 29th 2017,17:52:04 )

I thought the two cars would obviously be in the same league. Otherwise it would be quite dumb. But then the promotion/relegation would be done by the constructor/team standings, so the driver championship would be worthless. But that way it's never going to happen. Too much work for very little if any benefit. 2 separate accounts is also not going to happen.

Out of the replies on Jukka gets it. Im not saying you have two accounts, you have one account but with two drivers. It would cost 2x the money due to car parts and salaries but would generate 2x the income from results - plus it enables a constructors championship.

I agree that in reality this change would be too much, it needs a major rewrite. But I'm sorry, most other games have this and with just one car/driver you simply aren't a race team manager - you're simply emulating the role of a chief engineer.
Andres Sobral
(Group Amateur - 81)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #277 posted Mar 30th 2017, 01:32:58 Quote 
We need animated races and accidents with SAFETY CAR. That will make the game a lot more realistic
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #278 posted Mar 30th 2017, 01:57:45 Quote 
Quote ( Andres Sobral @ March 30th 2017,01:32:58 )

We need animated races and accidents with SAFETY CAR. That will make the game a lot more realistic

Realistic doesn't always mean better in the context of gameplay.

Many people have issues with random technical failures as it is, so how would people feel about being crashed out of a race through no fault of their own, regardless of how realistic it is.

And a safety car slowing the field and messing up everyone's strategy in a game where you can't make live changes (and that can never change due to the nature of the game) would just annoy and frustrate every manager in the race.
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #279 posted Mar 30th 2017, 08:42:51 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ March 30th 2017,01:23:41 )

Out of the replies on Jukka gets it. Im not saying you have two accounts, you have one account but with two drivers. It would cost 2x the money due to car parts and salaries but would generate 2x the income from results - plus it enables a constructors championship.

I agree that in reality this change would be too much, it needs a major rewrite. But I'm sorry, most other games have this and with just one car/driver you simply aren't a race team manager - you're simply emulating the role of a chief engineer.

Oh dear, it justs gets worse.
So your 'business plan' for Gpro would be to 'make it like all the other online racing manager games'?
Have you never heard of Unique Selling Point?
There is a reason why Gpro has been successful, and provided Vlad with a living for the past 11 years - and that is because it IS slightly different - and that's why it is still here, while certain other games (cough) aren't.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #280 posted Mar 30th 2017, 09:22:22 Quote 
Wouldn't the game be more realistic if the sponsor system was adjusted after every lap which detailed the sponsor history of each individual between each car, so we had to scroll down for 3 minutes per car?

I think so. Yeah. Cmon devs......
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #281 posted Mar 30th 2017, 10:03:13 Quote 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 30th 2017,08:42:51 )

and that's why it is still here, while certain other games (cough) aren't.

In reference to your cough, certain other games were impacted by individuals with unfortunate life changing circumstances.

But "unique" doesn't mean "good". This game has plenty of USPs that work very well for it. As for Vlad making a living from GPRO, good for him but personally if he wants to rake it in at a higher level you have to cater for a larger target audience. And that doesn't mean losing the current core audience if it is done correctly. I have never played a manager game that is perfect, it doesn't mean one can't be made.
Martin Seppam
(Group Pro - 19)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #282 posted Mar 30th 2017, 10:41:47 Quote 
The only way I could see a double-car working is if the second car is Supporter only and managed in a "parallel" league that has no direct impact on the main accounts whatsoever. Therefore, those 2nd cars would create their own leagues on the side based on the same calendar that the real one works on (to avoid getting more data/advantage on new tracks).

However, as there would be less participants there, it would only have Rookie and Ama groups. It would also be nice to work a system around in a way that would allow you to choose your group in Ama as well, so you could race with your friends. That would give you extra motivation to become a supporter without actually gaining much of the "inside" knowledge in return. While there are some more tweaks necessary, I don´t see any other major downsides to it, besides requiring more human resources to get it implemented.

Other than that, I´d quite fancy that actually, but obviously there are better things to focus on currently.
Rolf Tobler
(Group Pro - 2)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #283 posted Mar 30th 2017, 11:05:17 Quote 
similar idea for a 2nd car:

2nd car only for teams
car Independent from the 1st car -> no influence for the main account
running races just within a team or within a league with 4 teams in it -> more fun racing against your own team memebers!
all races on "new tracks" so no additional info/no Advantage to other not racing in a team
Martti Kaasik
(Group Master - 4)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #284 posted Mar 30th 2017, 12:27:27 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ March 30th 2017,10:03:13 )

But "unique" doesn't mean "good"

It's not good but you still play here?
As far as I have seen then GPRO is still more popular than other F1 manager games.
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ March 30th 2017,10:03:13 )

I have never played a manager game that is perfect, it doesn't mean one can't be made.

Do you think everyone would love game that would be PERFECT for you? That should be your business idea then and sell it to some one or create one perfect manager game.

This game is good as it is and has survived a long time. Some small changes are ok and needed but making fundamental changes would change also the game and I'm not sure that would be good for the game. GPRO has thousands of managers playing why need to go after few hundred people who like 2 car system that other manager games have?
Separete division might be other thing. Sunday race group or something. Young driver competition/training. But again should be different from main game so data would not help.
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #285 posted Mar 30th 2017, 14:14:26 Quote 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ March 30th 2017,12:27:27 )

It's not good but you still play here?

Prestige, everyone knows beating GPRO is more challenging than any other game out there. That's why I've been a champ on most of them, but not GPRO, because the calibre is far higher. I like that challenge, but the game doesn't addict me like others did.

Do you think everyone would love game that would be PERFECT for you?

I never said that, although I want to change what I said. There's no such perfect game for everyone because everyone is different. But there is such thing as a perfect game for "the majority", and it's the majority that bring the money from a business perspective. Think of it as the difference between chart music, which may not be as refined or technically good in comparison to a niche genre.

That should be your business idea then and sell it to some one or create one perfect manager game.

I have the intellectual property rights for one of the games that fell by the wayside, I'd love to bring it back with my own opinions but I lack the time, motivation and coding expertise needed. I'd rather play computer games... shame that games fate ended up in my hands really because i'm bloody lazy.
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #286 posted Mar 30th 2017, 15:19:28 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ March 30th 2017,14:14:26 )

I like that challenge, but the game doesn't addict me like others did.

Alas, a side effect of instant gratification.
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #287 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:05:25 (last edited Mar 30th 2017, 19:05:51 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ March 30th 2017,14:14:26 )

That's why I've been a champ on most of them
Really? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this before! :P
Daryl Gee
(Group Master - 1)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #288 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:07:06 Quote 
I've been a chump on most of them too.
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #289 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:08:04 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ March 30th 2017,19:07:06 )

I've been a chump on most of them too.
Meh...No surprises there Brother :D
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #290 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:37:42 Quote 
This Shaw guy is beyond pretentious.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #291 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:51:59 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 30th 2017,19:37:42 )

beyond pretentious

post-tentious?
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 77)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #292 posted Mar 30th 2017, 19:59:46 (last edited Mar 30th 2017, 20:00:50 by Cameron Halsall) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 26th 2017,00:01:11 )

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ March 25th 2017,23:01:04 )

Kevin sort of has a point, but I don't think the new live race viewer is something that will make any difference to make people join.

I don't think it will help people join; my point was that once people join through advertising, it will help them stay or, maybe more accurately, the old viewer won't drive them away by its dated look.

If that's the case, it means the advertising doesn't represent the game's nature properly, and the game isn't good enough for the majority of new players.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #293 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:05:00 (last edited Mar 30th 2017, 20:05:41 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ March 30th 2017,19:59:46 )

If that's the case, it means the advertising doesn't represent the game's nature properly, and the game isn't good enough for the majority of new players.

A Facebook advert, or any similar advert isn't going to "represent the game's nature" well, and the game won't be suited to many that give it a try. Not sure what you think could be contained in a small advert or banner advert or such like which could successfully convey the full nature of the game.

While a certain audience can be targeted for advertising (on FB, can target those that are fans of F1 or IndyCar or other motor racing), it's a bit difficult to target the specific people that will stay with the game long term.

It must be as attractive as possible to encourage those that do try to hang around, and hopefully get hooked, but it goes without saying, as with most such games, many that first try it will decide it isn't for them.
Daryl Gee
(Group Master - 1)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #294 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:11:36 Quote 

the game isn't good enough for the majority of new players.

Probably the other way round, I think.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 77)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #295 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:19:28 Quote 
There are so many aspects that other websites, let alone other games, do better. The UI clearly hasn't been updated for years - looks very dodgy. It is very difficult to find useful information when you first start, and without the help of experienced members, you end up going in circles. There should be at least a guidance video, or a set of pop ups or scenarios that give players a soft introduction to the game, to help them understand the key basics, and most importantly of all, the game should reflect real life, and be as fun and engaging as possible, which would mean making a few crucial changes

1. Allowing the driver to make decisions on the fly that will benefit the manager (e.g. changing tyres for the correct conditions that the manager may have incorrectly put)

2. Reworking the strategy mechanics so that they make sense for new players.

3. Removing any mechanics that do not accurately reflect real life strategy

5. Giving players more freedom to make important changes, while still keeping it fair by prohibiting changes past a deadline (e.g. allowing for the changing of a single part once per race, but if another part has been changed, the manager can still change parts that have not been changed)

6. Limiting the tyre choices to a selection of prime and option from the four current compounds, as per discretion from the tyre suppliers

8. Implementing a hierarchy of assists for the levels of the game. As you progress through the different levels, you face more restrictions as to the help that the game gives you.

9. Updating the UI, rewriting website text (a lot of which could have improved grammar), and introducing tutorial media (be it in the form of a video or a much improved newbie guide (which is far too brief in my opinion) , and introducing and improve the marketability of the game.

10.Implementing a philosophy of glasnost to the operation of the game, by making the GPRO crew more accountable and open to suggested changes as opposed to the philosophy of keeping the game niche (motorsport is already quite niche), making changes that are easier to understand, and help managers who are new to the game perform well while also learning how the game works, and making the game more fun.

Jack Wemyss
(Group Amateur - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #296 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:22:53 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ March 30th 2017,20:19:28 )

There are so many aspects that other websites, let alone other games, do better. The UI clearly hasn't been updated for years - looks very dodgy. It is very difficult to find useful information when you first start, and without the help of experienced members, you end up going in circles. There should be at least a guidance video, or a set of pop ups or scenarios that give players a soft introduction to the game, to help them understand the key basics, and most importantly of all, the game should reflect real life, and be as fun and engaging as possible, which would mean making a few crucial changes

1. Allowing the driver to make decisions on the fly that will benefit the manager (e.g. changing tyres for the correct conditions that the manager may have incorrectly put)

5. Giving players more freedom to make important changes, while still keeping it fair by prohibiting changes past a deadline (e.g. allowing for the changing of a single part once per race, but if another part has been changed, the manager can still change parts that have not been changed)

6. Limiting the tyre choices to a selection of prime and option from the four current compounds, as per discretion from the tyre suppliers

8. Implementing a hierarchy of assists for the levels of the game. As you progress through the different levels, you face more restrictions as to the help that the game gives you.

9. Updating the UI, rewriting website text (a lot of which could have improved grammar), and introducing tutorial media (be it in the form of a video or a much improved newbie guide (which is far too brief in my opinion) , and introducing and improve the marketability of the game.

10.Implementing a philosophy of glasnost to the operation of the game, by making the GPRO crew more accountable and open to suggested changes as opposed to the philosophy of keeping the game niche (motorsport is already quite niche), making changes that are easier to understand, and help managers who are new to the game perform well while also learning how the game works, and making the game more fun.

I'm most interested in points 4 and 7
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 77)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #297 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:26:16 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 30th 2017,20:05:00 )

A Facebook advert, or any similar advert isn't going to "represent the game's nature" well, and the game won't be suited to many that give it a try. Not sure what you think could be contained in a small advert or banner advert or such like which could successfully convey the full nature of the game.

While a certain audience can be targeted for advertising (on FB, can target those that are fans of F1 or IndyCar or other motor racing), it's a bit difficult to target the specific people that will stay with the game long term.

It must be as attractive as possible to encourage those that do try to hang around, and hopefully get hooked, but it goes without saying, as with most such games, many that first try it will decide it isn't for them.

If the advert doesn't represent the game, you've failed. That's the whole point of an advert! It must attract users interest and make them want to continuously use the game, otherwise you've wasted the opportunity. It's very easy to target the users who will use the game long term - these are the people you have to target. All you need is to imply the challenge and the seriousness of the game, and people who want a challenge will come. The messages on the logon screen suggest a much more user friendly game. You could say that the real game is completely different from what is being advertised.
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #298 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:28:19 Quote 
Why the hell are you playing then Cameron? Since you clearly hate the whole game.....
Daryl Gee
(Group Master - 1)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #299 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:29:14 Quote 

You lost me right here. Why would a game be better if its mechanics protect your from your own mistakes? That's absurd.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #300 posted Mar 30th 2017, 20:30:00 Quote 

And what if the driver did something you didn't like?

I don't actually see how they could be more simple. What you suggested in 1. would make them more complicated.

And that is?

Too easy.

I could see a point for having free selection for each stint (with the start with the same set as in Q) or mandatory use of 2 compounds, but limiting strategy options is quite strange.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic