Page « 1 2 3 [45 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What would you like to change mostly, to remains popular the game?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Decreasing participants 349 replies
Simon Jones
(Group Amateur - 38)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #91 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:22:01 Quote 
Yes my apologies it's in the newbie forum what I should have said is that should be in the newbie guide as that's the place most newbies like myself will go first some of us will carry on trawling through other forums ( excuse me while I give myself a slap on the wrist for not finding that one lol ) and some will just look at the present newbie guide and think well that didn't help much and never come back and yes ppl might say that's the kind of person who we don't want here but sometimes and in my case as well like I say I've done many a search on drivers stats and it's never brought that excellent piece up if there were more info like that in the newbie guide on the home screen maybe it might encourage a few more ppl to stick around a bit longer
Fabio Zambetta
(Group Rookie - 146)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #92 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:22:10 Quote 
You all think from your old player perspective. As a new player instead i think i can understand more what would bring people here:

I would like to see the whole race and not only 1 lap every 2 mins. I'd like to see cars moving-smoking-overtaking with an animation. It doesnt matter to me if its a realistic design or a cartooned car's shape.. the thing is i wanna see cars moving.
Seems stupid to some of you maybe, but surely you'd catch much more people.

I dont think you would need that much CPU to do something like that... there are thousands ways you can do that.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #93 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:23:25 Quote 
Quote ( Fabio Zambetta @ January 7th 2017,00:22:10 )

I'd like to see cars moving-smoking-overtaking with an animation

This is in progress :) I agree, it will make a lot of difference to younger and newer players.

Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #94 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:24:28 Quote 
Quote ( Simon Jones @ January 7th 2017,00:22:01 )

is that should be in the newbie guide

Yeah, probably would be a good addition.
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #95 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:27:28 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 00:27:52 by Chris Shaw) Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ January 7th 2017,00:21:21 )

Changing the whole basis would make it a different game. And it would be the same as those 'other games' you talk of, but I am not playing those, I am playing this, because I like it. If I liked the simpler mechanics, I guess I would be playing those.

I didn't realise this thread was about why you play GPRO, I thought it was about why the remaining 7,475,636,868 people on Earth dont.
Simon Jones
(Group Amateur - 38)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #96 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:32:34 Quote 
Quote ( Fabio Zambetta @ January 7th 2017,00:22:10 )

You all think from your old player perspective. As a new player instead i think i can understand more what would bring people here:

I would like to see the whole race and not only 1 lap every 2 mins. I'd like to see cars moving-smoking-overtaking with an animation. It doesnt matter to me if its a realistic design or a cartooned car's shape.. the thing is i wanna see cars moving.
Seems stupid to some of you maybe, but surely you'd catch much more people.

I dont think you would need that much CPU to do something like that... there are thousands ways you can do that.

Can see where your coming from but to be honest I've played other management games and the one thing they all have in common is yeah it's great at first but after 2 or three seasons you not only realise it's the same half a dozen clips but you start to realise which clip it is and you know if you've overtaken before it happens and I think that would just give the masses more to moan about lol
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #97 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:34:15 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 00:35:04 by Kirsty Ridley) Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,00:27:28 )

I didn't realise this thread was about why you play GPRO, I thought it was about why the remaining 7,475,636,868 people on Earth dont.

LOL I was saying just because you think it should be simpler, doesn't mean we all do. But fine. I give up. Let the other 7,475,636,868 give it a shot.
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #98 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:46:34 Quote 
If I was sober I'd finally say after all these years what I think needs to happen with this game

*hic*
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #99 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:50:51 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ January 7th 2017,00:34:15 )

LOL I was saying just because you think it should be simpler, doesn't mean we all do. But fine. I give up. Let the other 7,475,636,868 give it a shot.

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on others. I'm answering the question about decreasing participants, and I'm hopefully well qualified to answer it since I owned a site myself and did loads of market research in that time. If the quesion was "what do current GPRO players want from the game" then we have a very different set of answers :)

I don't mind sharing my experiences with the community and with Vlad because for me the journey of running my own game is well and truly finished, far better ways for me to get minted...
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #100 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:52:23 Quote 
Oh dear.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #101 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:55:03 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,00:50:51 )

I'm answering the question about decreasing participants, and I'm hopefully well qualified to answer it since I owned a site myself and did loads of market research in that time.

I will leave it to the expert then, I am sure Vlad would be glad of you help :) Send him a PM
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #102 posted Jan 7th 2017, 00:58:28 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,00:50:51 )

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on others. I'm answering the question about decreasing participants, and I'm hopefully well qualified to answer it since I owned a site myself and did loads of market research in that time. If the quesion was "what do current GPRO players want from the game" then we have a very different set of answers :)

I don't mind sharing my experiences with the community and with Vlad because for me the journey of running my own game is well and truly finished, far better ways for me to get minted...

how is the website you owned doing now?
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #103 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:07:39 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ January 7th 2017,00:58:28 )

It's gone, forever. Some jerk got the domain now too. But since I took over running it from the last owner, we got the community back onboard and had huge support for the ideas and business strategy. I overhauled everything from the contributor system to the balance of the game, I organised focus groups and got in touch with prominent players to find out their thoughts on upcoming ideas. It fell apart because I lack the spare time, and only have intermediate PHP and SQL experience - it's great knowing it in a textbook but writing for a site is a whole different minefield.

tl;dr - I took a failing site, changed everything, broke everything, then gave up and played games.
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #104 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:11:02 Quote 
Ah, well, as long as there's GPRO humidity and excel, you'll be ok.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #105 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:11:28 Quote 
:)
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #106 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:13:37 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 01:22:37 by Luke Frost) Quote 
The gameplan is pretty simple. It's simply the implementation which is difficult.

1. GPRO as a functional app
2. Live race screen changed to become an animation
3. Some kind of world championship hosted every year, where anyone can test their managing capabilities over an exhibition season.

I think these things would bring some momentum back to the game. The features themselves are perfect, but father time is moving faster than GPRO is aware of, and the above changes would fix that
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #107 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:18:21 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,01:07:39 )

Quote ( Phil Maunder @ January 7th 2017,00:58:28 )

It's gone, forever. Some jerk got the domain now too. But since I took over running it from the last owner, we got the community back onboard and had huge support for the ideas and business strategy. I overhauled everything from the contributor system to the balance of the game, I organised focus groups and got in touch with prominent players to find out their thoughts on upcoming ideas. It fell apart because I lack the spare time, and only have intermediate PHP and SQL experience - it's great knowing it in a textbook but writing for a site is a whole different minefield.

tl;dr - I took a failing site, changed everything, broke everything, then gave up and played games.

So you are expertly qualified in how not to do things?
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #108 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:55:02 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ January 7th 2017,01:18:21 )

So you are expertly qualified in how not to do things?

I'm expertly qualified as a senior Aerodynamicist, that is my priority not running a game. Implementation was the problem, if I'd had the know-how and spare time I would have stuck with it and maybe right now it'd be a sucess - I can't say for sure but the signs were good.

...This is why I dislike the GPRO community (yes, a minority ruins the image of the majority - sorry), there's always people trying to be smart arses. Get back to the discussion...
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #109 posted Jan 7th 2017, 01:59:14 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2017,01:13:37 )

The gameplan is pretty simple. It's simply the implementation which is difficult.

1. GPRO as a functional app
2. Live race screen changed to become an animation
3. Some kind of world championship hosted every year, where anyone can test their managing capabilities over an exhibition season.

I think these things would bring some momentum back to the game. The features themselves are perfect, but father time is moving faster than GPRO is aware of, and the above changes would fix that

I really like these ideas, and the overwhelming trend in my research pointed towards an app based game with social media placement such as "Luke just won his first race in Master - join today" or whatever. The live race screen is the question I got asked every damn day... and the idea of a championship - lol! That idea sounds familiar *cough*. Historically it's a well proven concept, since newbies get to take on pros on a level day 0 playing field.
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 239)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #110 posted Jan 7th 2017, 02:23:03 Quote 
You insult us, then agree with Frost..

Smithers.. Release the hounds..
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #111 posted Jan 7th 2017, 02:37:07 Quote 
"Us"
You're not with them. You ditched them and came back after you realised this is the only place to spread your wings. Youre as big a part of the hated people on GPRO as anyone. :P

Jokes aside, if you see manager games on the app stores, you will notice some are attracting close to a million players. I dont know how many are active, but Vlad certainly wouldnt hurt himself by investing in a person who can build apps.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 106)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #112 posted Jan 7th 2017, 02:37:16 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 02:41:17 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,01:07:39 )

Sounds like Roy Hodgson :)

Now, what's the old saying 'if it ain't broke'....

Even if something is broke actually, cos ultimately you ended up in the same place you started even with so many changes. Which is actually worse than doing nothing.
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #113 posted Jan 7th 2017, 02:43:56 Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ January 7th 2017,02:23:03 )

You insult us, then agree with Frost..

Smithers.. Release the hounds..

I know I know, he's got the same reputation here as he has elsewhere. But a good idea is a good idea regardless who says it. If it makes you feel better, refer to him as Frosty the Snowman.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #114 posted Jan 7th 2017, 02:48:53 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 02:53:49 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Alienating active people one at a time until they quit (or just stop posting that much) is a long running trend in the community (examples: Keeney, Clarks, Finn, Winkley, me, etc, people who 'deserve it' right) which I feel a lot of people use as reason for not posting here. That, of course, impacts how many people stay on the game and is of great relevance here, so thanks for bringing it up.

/gb/Stats.asp?type=mostposts#scroll

A lot of the top 100 were targeted by some people here who find it fun to bully people to make their buddies laugh.
Juan Pereyra
(Group Rookie - 48)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #115 posted Jan 7th 2017, 03:02:48 Quote 
Damn i´ve just have 2944 posts.
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 239)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #116 posted Jan 7th 2017, 03:17:01 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 03:24:21 by Rocco Stallone) Quote 
Fair enough..
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #117 posted Jan 7th 2017, 03:23:10 Quote 
I did say it was a joke Rocco and i don't know a thing about you apart from that :)

I've said my piece.
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 239)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #118 posted Jan 7th 2017, 04:35:32 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2017,02:37:07 )

Youre as big a part of the hated people on GPRO as anyone

Is there a list?
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #119 posted Jan 7th 2017, 04:42:30 (last edited Jan 7th 2017, 04:44:10 by Daniel Mason) Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ January 7th 2017,04:35:32 )

Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2017,02:37:07 )

Youre as big a part of the hated people on GPRO as anyone

Is there a list?

It seems to consist of Yankees, actually; I saw it briefly one day by chance.

Quote ( Juan Pereyra @ January 7th 2017,03:02:48 )

Damn i´ve just have 2944 posts.

84th I sit, with 4176 total posts (including this one). Man, those are rookie numbers, and I've gotta bump them up pronto.
George Odhis
(Group Pro - 10)

Kenya 
Certified: 
Old post #120 posted Jan 7th 2017, 06:03:32 Quote 
If there is one thing that would make me retire then it's blocking. Sometimes blocking makes the race boring to watch and look more unrealistic.

There's no clear difference between "easy" overtake and "hard" overtake to me.

This, coupled with DMs make watching very boring for me. An apparently slower car can keep you blocked until you are far too far behind that it wouldn't make a difference when you finally overtake.I know it's simulated but if I was in top 5 speed I expect not to be running in position 25 for too long-then get DM and get back to position 30- spend nearly the whole race getting into top 20 and finish in probably position 13 or something.

The other issue was the "risk related" randoms but this was sorted by energy. Lots of people who hated this new feature have turned around.

....Just my 2 cents so I urge anyone with a contrary opinion not to be too harsh on me.
Page « 1 2 3 [45 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic