Page « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What would you like to change mostly, to remains popular the game?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Decreasing participants 349 replies
Joshua Michael
(Group Rookie - 6)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #121 posted Jan 7th 2017, 08:25:24 Quote 
I have not been here long. I had a look at it last year but never participated as it looked dull and boring. This time I entered because of my love of F1. IMO if this is advertised on the threads in FB, Twitter and such then the coverage of what is taking place as well as the fact that their are live discussions continuously even during races will generate more interest. The fact that people are saying that certain aspects of the game are causing people to leave is absurd. People leave because they get tired of playing. You will get those on all game types. I think the owners should look at how they promote themselves(game) and how they have incentives. For example has anyone thought of giving free testing laps after certain achievements have been attained or one race on a different tyre range. Just a thought. People love incentives in their games.
Miroslav Beleš
(Group Rookie - 165)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #122 posted Jan 7th 2017, 08:29:50 Quote 
Responsive web layout for phones.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #123 posted Jan 7th 2017, 08:55:27 Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ January 7th 2017,04:35:32 )

Is there a list?

There is. You're on it. You've been on it for years son.
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #124 posted Jan 7th 2017, 15:38:02 Quote 
Quote ( Joshua Michael @ January 7th 2017,08:25:24 )

free testing laps

I like this... we need ways to let people figure things out without having to wait 2 months for enough data. I dont know many people who would say "oh man I really enjoyed testing things for 2 months whilst sat in rookie" - it's just not worthwhile, then you join a team and they tell you what you need to know...

Perhaps a "rookie test" feature, which gives players with less than 2 seasons the chance to play with ideas? It'd cost money but not wear the car, and perhaps the conditions could be more consistent in these tests.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #125 posted Jan 7th 2017, 16:00:32 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2017,08:55:27 )

I'm not!
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #126 posted Jan 7th 2017, 20:10:36 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ January 7th 2017,16:00:32 )

I'm not!

This happens when you're in bed with one of the forum mods.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #127 posted Jan 7th 2017, 20:13:32 Quote 
Seriously, does everything I say and do have to involve Mick? Keep hearing about being married to a mod lately. Blame Vlad! :P
Daryl Gee
(Group Pro - 3)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #128 posted Jan 7th 2017, 22:06:44 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 7th 2017,15:38:02 )

Perhaps a "rookie test" feature, which gives players with less than 2 seasons the chance to play with ideas? It'd cost money but not wear the car, and perhaps the conditions could be more consistent in these tests.

People would cheat the hell out of that.

Shit, I'd cheat the hell out of that and I'm the most honest girl in here.

Jensen Owens
(Group Amateur - 71)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #129 posted Jan 8th 2017, 02:39:45 Quote 
Make the game more enjoyable to play for new players and all of us

Sponsors take the piss IMO takes to long to gain them and can be very unfair at times
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 82)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #130 posted Jan 8th 2017, 03:18:30 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ January 7th 2017,22:06:44 )

Shit, I'd cheat the hell out of that and I'm the most honest girl in here.

I thought Jensen was the most honest girl here, no?
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #131 posted Jan 8th 2017, 04:31:41 Quote 
Jensen is the closest thing we have to Chyna.
Jensen Owens
(Group Amateur - 71)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #132 posted Jan 8th 2017, 12:29:55 Quote 
I'm only a women when my wifey ask me ;)

Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 239)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #133 posted Jan 8th 2017, 17:46:25 Quote 

Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ January 7th 2017,04:35:32 )

Is there a list?

Ooh, who else is?
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #134 posted Jan 9th 2017, 03:50:48 Quote 
Chances are if Luke wrote it, I'm on it too.
Anna Nagy
(Group Rookie - 42)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #135 posted Jan 9th 2017, 06:33:09 Quote 
Maybe it has already been said but...
-the rookie start and leave the game because the game is not open to them (at least at amateur level the game should be open with tyre options at start of the season, director to take...)
-less people in every division or change point system (most of the people leave because in amateur never reach top 8, make the points for top 15, as motogp, for to be happy some times to reach points...)
-some people leave because of the few time for to play, it is not easy to be connected at least twice a week with all that there is to do in real life. The suggestion is to make the possibility to setup the strategy 4 races in advance (so up to 2 weeks in advances)
-sponsors negotiation should be much faster (same as for point system, 3-4 times for season you should be happy to see you get the sponsor)
My point of view is that making the game too difficult it frustrate the people that play. At the opposite the game should make you happy! Even if you are relegated but you obtain points in half of the races of the season, you had 3-4 sponsors to manage, you had to decide which tyre to choose at the start of the season...and so on, anyway you would feel happy also if relegated and so ready to start again (this mean not leave the game).
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #136 posted Jan 11th 2017, 09:14:46 (last edited Jan 11th 2017, 09:30:18 by Luke Frost) Quote 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=15539&Page=2

Just a small example of how active GPRO used to be. Everyone was excited to post and talk on the forum as an F1 race was going. Now we're lucky to get 200 posts in any f1 thread.

If a thread of this nature was created back in them days, there would have been thousands of posts by now.

There are a lot of factors including the decline of F1 popularity thanks to selfish broadcasting company deals, the rise of apps and smartphones (and GPRO's lacking progress on such things), and also that the gap between GPRO and its competitors isn't as huge as back in them days. There may even be better alternatives now.

So if we identify general interest in games like GPRO, the biggest problem after that lies with manager retention. If you get passionate about a game, you want to see forward momentum. With the outdated & flawed sponsor system the way it is, and the random system still putting people through seasons where they have 5+ randoms when every bit of finances are important, it costs GPRO from keeping loyal and excitable people.

When they leave, general population drops. Some examples are Keri Lovell, Gunter Bosman, Jonathan Beagles,Riley Morrell, Michael Winkley, Chris Carter, Joe Manifold, and Chinmay Dhopate, just to name a few.

I am a strong believer in the community comes first philosophy, where if there's a consistent and strong presence of active, fun, interesting and engaging people on the forums, more people will STAY. It is especially important if you consider that GPRO is lacking invitation power & general interest in the sport it's based on. So what I propose is a lot more emphasis on the community, changing the warning/ban system so it does not punish long-term active players, and one other thing is put the voting stage of the unofficial community awards up as an official poll (something which is totally underutilized in gpro). An entirely different issue is the subtle bullying and mocking that is alive and unpunished, which I outlined earlier in the thread, which also demotivates people who would have otherwise been active.

It would be a very sad thing to see GPRO decline into an abyss. I hope we continue to hold on to active new players as time goes by.
Roy Rentes
(Group Amateur - 26)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #137 posted Jan 11th 2017, 09:22:01 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ January 5th 2017,23:19:31 )

It's a dying game format.

You may as well try save text-based RPGs.

Hammer meet nail.

This is the biggest problem.

The crew need to modernise the game, and by that i mean we need that live race screen, and a updated user interface, one that doesn't rely on page-switching.

A fluid UI is the defacto minimum standard in web games these days, and GPRO needs to get with the times.
Roy Rentes
(Group Amateur - 26)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #138 posted Jan 11th 2017, 09:23:26 (last edited Jan 11th 2017, 09:24:20 by Roy Rentes) Quote 
Speaking of which, the can is getting kicked down the road a bit.....

We were told "mañana" "mañana" for the live race screen, but ""mañana" never comes.

The upcoming season maybe? Please?
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #139 posted Jan 11th 2017, 09:24:21 Quote 
Quote ( Roy Rentes @ January 11th 2017,09:22:01 )

The crew need to modernise the game, and by that i mean we need that live race screen, and a updated user interface, one that doesn't rely on page-switching.

Modernising simply means building an app for android and iphone which is easy to use, not buggy and holds all of GPRO's content in a completely revised format.

Apart from that, the other issues are minor and without the app, the decline will continue as F1-related apps continue to gain popularity.
Daniel Mason
(Group Amateur - 83)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #140 posted Jan 11th 2017, 09:41:34 (last edited Jan 11th 2017, 09:42:14 by Daniel Mason) Quote 
I've heard some people saying they'd step up with a GPRO app, but it never comes to fruition. Vlad and Stef don't have knowledge on the subject, so unless either of the two gentlemen above step forward with a way to develop an app, all we will have is the current format on computers and mobile devices.

As for the live race screen, I didn't expect it to happen overnight, or even within a couple seasons, so to constantly hear people whining for it day in and day out is getting rather annoying. Patience is a virtue no longer being taught these days....
Roy Rentes
(Group Amateur - 26)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #141 posted Jan 11th 2017, 10:06:04 (last edited Jan 11th 2017, 10:07:48 by Roy Rentes) Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ January 11th 2017,09:41:34 )

I've heard some people saying they'd step up with a GPRO app, but it never comes to fruition. Vlad and Stef don't have knowledge on the subject, so unless either of the two gentlemen above step forward with a way to develop an app, all we will have is the current format on computers and mobile devices.

As for the live race screen, I didn't expect it to happen overnight, or even within a couple seasons, so to constantly hear people whining for it day in and day out is getting rather annoying. Patience is a virtue no longer being taught these days....

Daniel, i'm here to play a game nothing more.

I have no interest in developing it. Giving a honest response on what i think is needed for the game to grow and getting a "shut up its fine" answer, isn't helpfull.

Other web games like astroempires, etc have growing populations, and this comes down to advertisement and listening to the users and implementing what they want to see (a decent UI).

The poor UI that currently exists in this game is a sucking chest wound, and needs fixing, fast.
Roy Rentes
(Group Amateur - 26)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #142 posted Jan 11th 2017, 10:11:10 Quote 
Quote ( Anna Nagy @ January 9th 2017,06:33:09 )

-less people in every division or change point system (most of the people leave because in amateur never reach top 8, make the points for top 15, as motogp, for to be happy some times to reach points...)
-sponsors negotiation should be much faster (same as for point system, 3-4 times for season you should be happy to see you get the sponsor)

I've spent the guts of a season trying to sign a single sponsor. This is silly. At this rate, my economy is going to take ages to catch up to the rest in my division.

I'm in my first season in AMA, and i can vouch for it being really disheartening to come 9th/10th and not get a single point for it. First season, and i though i was doing well with upper third finishes...
Dave Poot
(Group Rookie - 173)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #143 posted Jan 11th 2017, 10:19:37 Quote 
Is this 4 posts in a row by 1 person a record?
Roy Rentes
(Group Amateur - 26)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #144 posted Jan 11th 2017, 10:34:54 Quote 
Quote ( Dave Poot @ January 11th 2017,10:19:37 )

1 of them doesn't count!
Andrei Harnicu
(Group Pro - 10)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #145 posted Jan 11th 2017, 10:40:33 Quote 
Quote ( Dave Poot @ January 11th 2017,10:19:37 )

No. Just look at mafia threads when Stuart start to post. Maybe 10 posts in a row by him? :)

Back at topic, GPRO doesn't had big changes for some seasons and people start to complain for some parts of the game (outdated sponsors system, S&F experience stat, randoms (even more bad luck in DE era) etc) Just look at big managers in GPRO (not the biggest) and they prob retire from randoms who destroyed their plans and their sponsors or they lost the motivation from playing this game. And even community is more quiet and less active.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #146 posted Jan 11th 2017, 11:44:45 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ January 11th 2017,09:41:34 )

Mate, they're just ideas brought forward for the developer to look into. The responsibility would always be on them to find a suitable addition to their crew who can build an app, and I'm sure they're not sitting around waiting for a knight in shining armor to come and build something amazing for them right away.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Amateur - 124)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #147 posted Jan 11th 2017, 11:54:01 Quote 
Why an app?

A native app - in my opinion - would only be warranted if you want to utilize native features of the phone. Personally, I don't need the phone to vibrate every time i make a driver error. :D

A mobile version of the site, that's all we need really. Looking at the notifications on the Live Race Screen progress, i believe they're already working on a mobile-optimized version of the race screen. Confident the rest of the site will follow some day :)

A mobile website - as opposed to a native app - has less restrictions/caveats in terms of advertising too. :)
Darryll Elston
(Group Rookie - 293)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #148 posted Jan 11th 2017, 13:14:12 (last edited Jan 11th 2017, 13:15:04 by Darryll Elston) Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 11th 2017,11:54:01 )

A native app - in my opinion - would only be warranted if you want to utilize native features of the phone. Personally, I don't need the phone to vibrate every time i make a driver error.

I said something about apps in the other post doing of a similar subject doing the rounds
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=&TopicId=26807&Pos...

Mobile game apps are out stripping console and PC sales, a lot of you from spending the last few days perusing the forums are almost against modernization of this game, sorry to ruffle feathers but welcome to the 21st century, times and technology move on, successful business evolve and adapt to change. almost want to quote Darwin here.
Yes it costs money, yes it's time consuming, yes you can turn notifications off so your phone doesn't vibrate!
But if it brings people in, makes the game more accessible on the go because lets face it 99% of people have a phone in their hand now. Whats the long term loss? More people = More competition at rookie level = Less bordom

I've not been around long enough to talk about user interface, which IMO is ok so far
Stefan Voggenreither
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #149 posted Jan 11th 2017, 14:15:17 Quote 
Our biggest problem with the mobile version is the old and deprecated architecture of GPRO. Meanwhile you save seperated layers - one which gathers all the needed datas and does some verifying stuff and then another one for presenting it. If we would have already that structure, we could step by step change the layout for the pages and make them mobile friendly with responsive design. But at the moment everything is mixed in one script for each page that you see. So we have to seperate that first. And we are talking about 150 or 200+ scripts, some more easy to migrate and some are very complex. Once the the new live race viewer is done, the mobile version is for sure on top of our todo-list.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Amateur - 124)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #150 posted Jan 11th 2017, 14:17:19 Quote 
Thanks for the update Stefan.

Still migrating away from 8 year old ancient monolith-coded monstrocities at work, know the struggle is real :)
Page « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 10 11 12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic