Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Rain Probabilities Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Rain Probabilities 31 replies
Higo Camporez
(Group Amateur - 6)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Jan 25th 2017, 16:36:45 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Virone @ January 24th 2017,20:17:17 )

The rain probabilities are VERY misleading, and have perhaps ruined my title chances.

Keep calm Michael, there are still 15 more races to be played. It is making mistakes that you learn. The Rookie category serves just that.
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Jan 25th 2017, 17:32:01 (last edited Jan 25th 2017, 17:32:26 by Andrew Watson) Quote 
Quote ( Ľubomír Štec @ January 25th 2017,13:27:39 )

Robin is right and wiki explenetation too. The percentage in quarter always says about what probability is to stop/start raining in entire quarter so if it is raining and forecast says 0% for raining then you can be 100% sure it will stop rain and vice versa. The only thing you cant know is lap when it stops/starts raining...
but you know probability and according to this information you can make some probability calculations which can tell you approximate data in which lap it can start/stop rain +-
others is just random factor ;)

Has there ever been a ~20% rain sector where it has not stopped raining? If your theory is right, 1 in 5 of those should carry on raining.

(genuine question, I feel as though it would always have stopped, but I've never looked into it)
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Rain Probabilities Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic