Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Extend contract of rookie driver? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Extend contract of rookie driver? 14 replies
Darren Rathbone
(Group Rookie - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted May 3rd 2017, 13:43:27 Quote 
Hi all,

Firstly my apologies if this question is answered elsewhere. I'm sure it will be, but thus far I've not been able to find it :)

My question is this:

Is it possible to extend a driver contract, whilst in rookie, if my driver has exceeded 85overall, but I am likely to be promoted?

So this is my first full season in rookie, and with 5 races left I am in 2nd place in the championship, with a +20pt gap to the competitor in 4th. My driver was signed for all 17 races of this season, but his contract expires before I would be promoted. He's had a win and 5 or 6 podium finishes.

If I look to extend his contract it is greyed out, correctly telling me that he exceeds the limits for a rookie. Thing is there is a very good chance I can get promoted and would like to keep this driver if possible.

Any obvious answer here?

Thanks in advance all :)
Daz
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted May 3rd 2017, 13:44:45 Quote 
You need to lower his Overall below 85 to be able to keep him.

There are ways of doing this. The game rules has one such. Might not be the best option for you, though.
Darren Rathbone
(Group Rookie - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted May 3rd 2017, 13:46:35 Quote 
Cheers - so I either try and sabotage him, or take the loss and try to get a new driver if/when promoted. Hmm... Thanks for the reply :)
Robert Kearney
(Group Amateur - 51)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted May 3rd 2017, 15:30:34 (last edited May 3rd 2017, 15:32:19 by Robert Kearney) Quote 
Unlikely you can resign him before the end of season.
FOBY doesnt apply here as its in the rules, just go 15 million OD drop your Motivation to zero and hopefully you can then Re sign him on a new contract. You need to be positive cash though and wont be in the best of places finacially if you do go up to amateur.

Lots of ways to skin a cat, choose the one that suits you best. Its probably a little bit late to end of season to be asking these questions as your choice is now very limited.

Probably best to get a driver better prepared for amateur but you may pay for that in the early season meat market,
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted May 3rd 2017, 15:58:09 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ May 3rd 2017,15:30:34 )

FOBY doesnt apply here as its in the rules

Give a man a fish....
Florencia Caro
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:01:39 Quote 
Trying to lower driver motivation with bad results simply won´t work with the number of managers racing at rookie groups nowadays, Darren. I´d try what Robert suggested (big negative balance or a new driver)
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:05:52 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ May 3rd 2017,15:58:09 )

Give a man a fish....
And everyone will think hes been to the local fun fair?
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Amateur - 87)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:13:27 Quote 
MAy need to go 25m in the red, to cater for prize money being added to your account after the race
Michael Jones
(Group Rookie - 111)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:20:50 Quote 
Only trouble with going negative this time of season is it doesnt give him much time to

promote with any decent cash in bank .

He cant wait for last race of season to go negative like most do to stay in rookie to extend driver contract because it finishes that race and he will lose him .
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:41:54 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ May 3rd 2017,17:05:52 )

Quote ( Andrew Watson @ May 3rd 2017,15:58:09 )

Give a man a fish.... And everyone will think hes been to the local fun fair?

We had some fairground fish living in a water trough in a cow field near my house when I was young. They survived there for a few years

If I remember correctly, it was my uncle who deposited them there, after a particularly successful evening of throwing darts at playing cards.

Don't know what the cows thought about it all. I guess nobody ever asked them...
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted May 3rd 2017, 17:44:25 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ May 3rd 2017,15:30:34 )

just go 15 million OD drop your Motivation to zero and hopefully you can then Re sign him on a new contract.

105 OA. It may get too high before he is back to positive. And it means also low amount of money for the start of the season.
Martin Pino
(Group Rookie - 115)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted May 3rd 2017, 18:19:27 Quote 
I have shortlisted his pilot. I will go for him and take it!!
Darren Rathbone
(Group Rookie - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted May 3rd 2017, 20:00:03 Quote 
Thank you all for replies and pm's (which I'll reply to all)
Some great advice very much appreciated.

I think for now I'm going to let it be and save money for the last few races of the season - hopefully have a bit of cash if I get the promotion, then see how I do for a season in amateur (even with having to replace driver) I expected a few seasons in rookie anyway so it'll just me more learning and more data gathering :)

Pretty impressed with the gpro community tho - first post and lots of sound advice. Thank you all!!
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted May 3rd 2017, 20:31:41 Quote 
He will be on the driver market before Race 1 so you will have a chance to sign him up again. Of course there may be others trying to take him as well, but he's not going to be an immediate top driver in amateur (he may be after you develop him more) so there is a good chance for you to get him again.
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted May 3rd 2017, 21:19:31 (last edited May 3rd 2017, 21:19:55 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ May 3rd 2017,17:41:54 )

We had some fairground fish living in a water trough in a cow field near my house when I was young.
Yeah, some of the little suckers live forever!! We had one for about 4 years!

Quote ( Andrew Watson @ May 3rd 2017,17:41:54 )

after a particularly successful evening of throwing darts at playing cards.
Mine was won after a very succesful game of "hook a duck".
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Extend contract of rookie driver? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic