Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Driver training with Qually Close Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Driver training with Qually Close 27 replies
Luca Molendi
(Group Pro - 16)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Jun 7th 2017, 15:58:31 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 15:59:32 by Luca Molendi) Quote 
Hi all,
Yesterday... as you can see in my economic history, I have trained my driver in spa resort after Q close.

Yesterday at 19:35:16 Driver training costs: Spa resort $116.205.424 $-500.000 $115.705.424

The driver reach 100% but, during the race I had finish the NRG. I have all the screen. In race analisys, this is the situation:

Driver energy
66% 0%

So, my money works looking the economic history not.the same for.this Resort... problaly with only 1* :).

Pls check ad lets me know... I have lost 1 position, the fast lap and.for.sure 500k $.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:00:15 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 16:02:19 by Jukka Sireni) Quote 
Why did you train him?

Race calculation runs rather immediately after Q close, so obviously you will race with energy from Q close time.

Training driver after Q close doesn't affect the race in other skills either, but due to the way it works it will still affect the driver stats after race. But cause the end race energy comes from the race calculation, the training is not visible anywhere, except in your balance.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:04:22 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 16:14:49 by Jasper Coosemans) Quote 
But he has a point that it is at least misleading. I'm actually surprised that the driver training page is still accessible after 18:30. Training should just be disabled at that time like all other parts of your office.

Edit: and he paid for the training, at the very least the effect should be added after the race.
Luca Molendi
(Group Pro - 16)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:12:09 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 7th 2017,16:00:15 )

Why did you train him?

Race calculation runs rather immediately after Q close, so obviously you will race with energy from Q close time.

Training driver after Q close doesn't affect the race in other skills either, but due to the way it works it will still affect the driver stats after race. But cause the end race energy comes from the race calculation, the training is not visible anywhere, except in your balance.

HI Juk,

The button is active, so training must work. I havent to think like an IT boy.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:13:27 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 16:15:09 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,16:04:22 )

But he has a point that it is at least misleading. I'm actually surprised that the driver training page is still accessible after 18:30. Training should just be disabled at that time like all other parts of your office.

Whilst that it true, there is 2 sides on it.

IF any other training than spa was done, it would've been beneficial to be able to do the training even a bit late, even if it means you don't get the benefit for that particular race, you'd get the benefit for the next race. IF it means you didn't miss the training.

But if it counts as training for the next race, then it's wrong, and indeed should've been disabled right away
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:15:37 Quote 
Even when done late, as long as it's done before the after race update, the training counts for current races' quota. So you get to train for the next race as well, so it has indeed been good when you have forgotten.
Luca Molendi
(Group Pro - 16)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:15:38 Quote 
And.... MONEY BACK for me... :)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:16:57 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 7th 2017,16:13:27 )

Whilst that it true, there is 2 sides on it.

IF any other training than spa was done, it would've been beneficial to be able to do the training even a bit late, even if it means you don't get the benefit for that particular race, IF it means you didn't miss the training.

But if it counts as training for the next race, then it's wrong, and indeed should've been disabled right away

I don't really see your point. You have 3 or 4 days to go your qualifying and driver training, why would you want to wait until after 18:30? If you miss a driver training because you were too late, well tough luck. Or am I missing something?
Luca Molendi
(Group Pro - 16)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:18:07 Quote 
I think VLAD have to disable the training. without others Bar's discussion..
Luca Molendi
(Group Pro - 16)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:19:16 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,16:16:57 )

I don't really see your point. You have 3 or 4 days to go your qualifying and driver training, why would you want to wait until after 18:30? If you miss a driver training because you were too late, well tough luck. Or am I missing something?

I.wait cos I can!!!
Andrew Wilden
(Group Amateur - 105)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:22:38 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,16:04:22 )

I have never tried to Train after Q's close, & assumed it was unavailable, just like looking at Sponsor Progress (having a drink at the bar), etc.
So yes very surprised to discover this is the case.
Should be fixed immediately, so it can't be accessed after q's have closed.

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 7th 2017,16:13:27 )

IF any other training than spa was done, it would've been beneficial to be able to do the training even a bit late, even if it means you don't get the benefit for that particular race, IF it means you didn't miss the training.

Like seriously WTF.
You have completely contradicted yourself Mikko.
Why don't you just agree for once in your life :)
or
Is that too much to ask
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #12 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:27:32 Quote 
Without wanting to sound harsh Luca:

a) You've been here long enough that you should know how it works - and even if you didn't, it is only a few $ in the scheme of things so that now you know for sure!

but more importantly

b) You will actually have gained the moti boost from doing the spa training (even if you didn't gain the energy) - so you haven't actually wasted your 500k totally.

There's no reason why training should be made unavailable - as has been said, you can do all other training and get the results from it (even if only for the following race) - and you still get to train again for this upcoming race.

It's a mistake on your part - and while it has cost you a little bit, it's hardly a serious mistake.......
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Amateur - 42)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:29:35 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 16:30:21 by Miel Soeterbroek) Quote 
Quote ( Luca Molendi @ June 7th 2017,16:12:09 )

IT boy

Would it be ok if I use this for my LinkedIn profile? :D

On topic: disabling training options at race time like sponsors seems a sensible solution, and will avoid confusion.

Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted Jun 7th 2017, 16:36:51 Quote 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ June 7th 2017,16:27:32 )

There's no reason why training should be made unavailable - as has been said, you can do all other training and get the results from it (even if only for the following race) - and you still get to train again for this upcoming race.

There is, it would make things consistent with all other parts of the game, and it would cease to be misleading. The argument "you have been around long enough to know" is a very poor one, to be honest. And it doesn't work towards all the newer players who may also be mislead by this.

A serious question (to all): is the Update Car page open and working after 18:30 if you have not done an upgrade yet for that race? If training driver is possible, upgrading the car (taking effect after the race) should be too.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:02:01 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,16:36:51 )

A serious question (to all): is the Update Car page open and working after 18:30 if you have not done an upgrade yet for that race? If training driver is possible, upgrading the car (taking effect after the race) should be too.

That would be quite problematic.

But staff and facilities are open too.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #16 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:05:43 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 7th 2017,17:02:01 )

That would be quite problematic.

Well, so is training Spa after 18:30, as demonstrated in this topic....
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #17 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:19:44 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,17:05:43 )

At least there is some staying benefit in spa, unlike in updating the car.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #18 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:21:44 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 17:27:20 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ June 7th 2017,16:22:38 )

Like seriously WTF.

The very same back to you

Apparently (for reasons unknown) when you see my name it's blind rage, not even trying to understand the point.

Why don't you for once leave your personal animosities and try to concentrate.

Other people in this thread (including Jukka & Jasper) don't seem to be affected by personal emotions and they have understood what I was trying to say.

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,16:16:57 )

No you are not missing anything :)

I was just saying that in some rare cases the current (though inconsistent) system may have helped some people.

As they would've still got 17 training sessions for the season even if couple minutes late.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not advocating on keeping the current system, in fact I do think it would probably be better to disable training at deadline
Zdravko Subakov
(Group Amateur - 87)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:24:44 Quote 
I dont get it why some of the guys are so defensive in keeping this "feature"?
Wherenever there is an option to improve game and remove bugs it should be done.

Is it misleading - it is, so correct it.

I doubt it will take more then 15 minuts of coding to disable this bug so even "sparing our developers of workload" shoud not be valid argument.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #20 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:31:03 (last edited Jun 7th 2017, 17:32:43 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

You have completely contradicted yourself Mikko.

Or maybe for some people it's just difficult to understand that a single post can look at "a thing" from multiple angles :)

Because I like to look at things from all potential angles, weight the potential pros and cons
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jun 7th 2017, 17:33:21 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 7th 2017,17:19:44 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,17:05:43 )

At least there is some staying benefit in spa, unlike in updating the car.

Wouldn't be the first time I do my car upgrade (or actually downgrade) after qualifying, Jukka. To be able to finish the race without a technical problem and be able to do some testing before the next car upgrade.

So if I can train Spa after I was stupid enough to forget to do it before the deadline... why would I not be able to change some car parts?

There has to be a deadline at some point, so why not just make it the most clear point possible i.e. 18:30 before the race? What time even is the current deadline? The start of the race? The end of the race? Or some random time when the race update script decides to start running?

What could possibly be a good reason not to set it at 18:30 like everything else? "It gives people a break in case they have forgotten" is NOT a good reason, in my opinion. Especially when it causes confusion, as clearly it does now.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #22 posted Jun 7th 2017, 19:45:38 Quote 
Wouldn't a pop up sort this? If you try to train after qualifying has completed, let there be a pop up box pointing out the actual situation of when training will or won't impact and asking if you are sure you still wish to train.

Disabling it when qualifying finishes makes sense for me - removing any confusion and no good reason that shouldn't be the cut off time - but if you're going to leave it available, then the pop up to cover a manager being misled seems sensible.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Jun 7th 2017, 19:55:12 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 7th 2017,17:33:21 )

So if I can train Spa after I was stupid enough to forget to do it before the deadline... why would I not be able to change some car parts?

Because unlike in spa training, no changes of car update would last.
Dimitar Dimitrov
(Group Rookie - 123)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Jun 7th 2017, 20:38:30 Quote 
i did the same thing yesterday but i tried to upgrade the concentration ability after the race. My driver had 28 energy and gained nothing. I thought that he gainings has something to do with energy but anyway i consider signing new driver so it is not so big deal
Constantin Heller
(Group Rookie - 195)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Jun 7th 2017, 20:49:53 Quote 
How about you just disable the Spa training after Qualifying has closed and leave all other Training sessions open?
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Master - 4)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Jun 7th 2017, 22:51:49 Quote 
I don't think this need any fixing. If not available knowledge before, now it is.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 72)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Jun 8th 2017, 12:49:11 Quote 
"The training will not affect the driver attributes during the ongoing race. Are you sure you want to proceed?" - I think you will able to try it tomorrow between 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM CET :-)
Niels Wolters
(Group Master - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Jun 8th 2017, 12:56:23 Quote 
Question is did he get at leat the Energu after the for the training or was it lost?
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Driver training with Qually Close Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic