Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > General forum > Points money - The same for Rookie and Elite. - Why? Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα
Σελίδα [1
Συγγραφέας Θέμα: Points money - The same for Rookie and Elite. - Why? 14 απαντήσεις
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 55)

Αναρτήσεις: 2441
  Χώρα:
Ισλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (10)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 13:43:08 Παράθεση 
I did a quick search for discussions about this, but couldn't find anything specifically about this.. probably didn't use the right search words..

Is there a particular reason for the points money to be the same for all levels.
Obviously there is a huge difference in the value of the hard earned points at Master/Elite, and the no effort points earned in Rookie/Amateur and to an extent, rather easy points in Pro.

I'm sure there are several game related reasons for this, but I just can't see them... Can any of you gents please shed a light on this for me?
Sam Wainwright
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 2843
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 13:45:52 Παράθεση 
I've never understood this one either. I'll wait next to you for the light to be shed.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 55)

Χώρα:
Ισλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 12:08:08 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Ιουλ 2018, 12:11:38 από Atli Thor Johannesson) Παράθεση 
I'm a bit gobsmacked right now. :O

Usually these type of questions get buried very quickly, with logical answers.

Did I make the thread in the wrong section?.. Probably not, as it would have been moved quickly and effectively to the correct section, by now.

Is this such a stupid question, it warrants no answer? Hmm... Quite possibly.

Are all the managers with a great understanding of this game, enjoying their RL weekend with their loved ones?.. Very likely. :) :)
Nate Lung
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 56)

Αναρτήσεις: 585
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 14:32:25 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Ιουλ 2018, 14:33:53 από Nate Lung) Παράθεση 
This is more of an opinion answer than an actual answer... but different(higher) levels already receive different(larger) amounts of money simply for race position each race. So, IMO, it doesn't really need to be different.

Doing the same for points money as for race position is kinda like multiplying/exponentially increasing the financial divide between the levels.

Realistically, yes, it seems like 10th in Elite should earn more than 10th in Rookie... but who knows? Maybe it would cause problems for the overall money totals in the game?

Edit- I could be totally wrong too XD
Stuart Foster
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 49)

Αναρτήσεις: 12459
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 14:54:35 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Ιουλ 2018, 15:01:44 από Stuart Foster) Παράθεση 
Well, race money is higher, standings money is higher, cup money is higher...

I can only assume that the 'points bonus' is not more in the same way why 'fastest lap' bonus is the same in all levels. Whose to say why fastest lap in an amateur group should be worth more in a Master or Elite one. So, I can only imagine the points bonus its the same reason...and its just a bonus...all groups are based on their being, or potentially being, 40 competitors. Why should a 10th/40 in Master get more 'bonus' than a 10th/40 in Pro? I'm sure this was spoken about somewhere before and it was mentioned that it is just a bonus payment, rather than a payment based on level of difficulty. Race money, standings money and cup money are paid based on level of difficulty tho...for sure its odd that its not the same for all these things...I wonder if there even is an explanation as to why these two things are different to the others.

We can also alternately argue why drivers don't expect a bigger payment for their bonuses as you promote up the leagues with them (if doing so with the same driver). Cos, if we argue that the bonuses we receive should be higher, surely there's an argument that the bonuses we PAY (race win/podium/points) should also increase as drivers promote.....just to throw a little spanner in the other direction about this. I mean, its no good really to only raise the question about receiving a higher bonus revenue, without also raising the question for drivers to have their bonuses increased for being in a higher league. Its a good point though Atti :)

Maybe the reason the points bonus is not more up the leagues is that reason alone - because drivers don't expect more bonus, so effectively its balanced in that way.

Just an observation anyway.

Mark Wright
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 8829
  Χώρα:
Σκωτία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #6 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 15:05:30 Παράθεση 
Points are points in any group and to be scoring points you already get a higher income dependent on your level, ofc, the higher you go the more you spend! I would imagine that the points cash being the same is to stop those at the top getting consistently more cash at a point when a bunch of promoters join the group.

Same with fl and that's coming from the guy who got fl in Elite last race. Yep must have been a bug I know :))
Stuart Foster
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 49)

Αναρτήσεις: 12459
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #7 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 15:11:06 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Ιουλ 2018, 15:12:11 από Stuart Foster) Παράθεση 
But there is a yin and yang to it...we can't complain on the one hand at not receiving more bonus up the levels when we don't pay drivers more bonus either :)
Mark Wright
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 8829
  Χώρα:
Σκωτία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #8 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Ιουλ 2018, 15:24:09 Παράθεση 
I would agree with you but after my first driver markets in Elite I'll now happily disagree. I was outbid on 4 of the 4 drivers I bid on and it was all down to bonuses. Remember in Elite you can offer a massive Championship bonus safe in the knowledge you won't have to pay it - you hope!
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 55)

Χώρα:
Ισλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #9 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Ιουλ 2018, 12:59:47 Παράθεση 
Thanks for your insightful input Nate, Stuart and Mark.

I would have thought the same would apply to bonus money though, as it does with other race income.
In RL, Im pretty sure F1 drivers/Teams (Elite), get way higher bonuses, than F2 Drivers/Teams (Master) etc...

I know, Gpro isn´t an F1 clone, just used it as an example for the higher leagues..

But fair enough, if that´s the main logic behind equal points bonus. :)

Frank Stocco
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 24)

Αναρτήσεις: 62
  Χώρα:
Καναδάς 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #10 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 16:35:26 Παράθεση 
I am new to this and in Rookie season. How are the points scored on races
Michael Keeney
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

Αναρτήσεις: 13519
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #11 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 16:41:50 Παράθεση 
Top 8

10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Michael Keeney
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

Αναρτήσεις: 13519
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #12 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 16:42:32 Παράθεση 
And yes.

It's a hugely out dated points system but its what we have.
Frank Stocco
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 24)

Αναρτήσεις: 62
  Χώρα:
Καναδάς 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (8)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #13 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 16:49:25 Παράθεση 
its sucks!
Kieran Taylor
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 157)

Αναρτήσεις: 431
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #14 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 17:02:08 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Frank Stocco @ August 3rd 2018,16:49:25 )

its sucks!

any reason behind that statement?

not that im saying in in favour or not of the system but if you're going to say it sucks at least say why or what & why that what would be better
Tibor Szuromi
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 25)

Αναρτήσεις: 11911
  Χώρα:
Ουγγαρία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #15 Αναρτήθηκε 3 Αυγ 2018, 17:17:09 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Frank Stocco @ August 3rd 2018,16:35:26 )

How are the points scored on races

Topic: Points money.
Σελίδα [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > General forum > Points money - The same for Rookie and Elite. - Why? Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα

Απαντήστε στο θέμα