Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Support a young British Formula 4 driver Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Support a young British Formula 4 driver 11 odgovora
Mehdi El Fathy
(Grupa Master - 5)

Teme: 5056
  Država:
Francuska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (19)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 19 Tra 2017, 19:35:40 (zadnji uredio19 Tra 2017, 19:36:10 od Mehdi El Fathy) Citat 
Billy Monger, a talented 17 y/o British Formula 4 driver sustained very serious injuries after a horrific crash during a Formula 4 race at the Donnington circuit. It took the extractors a couple of hours before extracting the driver from his car and transporting him to a hospital.

Sadly, his legs were severely damaged and lost both of them from an amputation.

Now, I know that this thread might not have its place in these forums, but as motorsports fans, being known as a tight-knit community, I felt that it would be a good idea to send some support to his family by any means.

We've already seen similar incidents in motor racing in the past and these drivers received an amazing amount of support from their fans and I feel like it's time to do it all over again.

Some additional infos can be found here : https://www.motorsport.com/formula4/news/monger-loses-both-l...

More infos will follow soon from relatives, fellow racing drivers and managers.

Thanks to all of those that are willing to be part and send him some support by any means.
Kyle Morris
(Grupa Amateur - 51)

Teme: 6688
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 19 Tra 2017, 20:48:27 Citat 
It was such a horrifying crash. He didn't see the car parked on the track with the car in front going around in the last second :(
Mehdi El Fathy
(Grupa Master - 5)

Teme: 5056
  Država:
Francuska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 20 Tra 2017, 20:51:56 Citat 
I can't believe the family that is motorsport donated over 585K pounds at the time of writing. About 14 thousand people decided to be part of this, from sending a tip, to the equivalent of a salary for a few out there, from kids as young as 8 years old to elders having witnessed decades of motor racing.

The whole community is being gathered to help Billy, and what started as a campaign to help his family fund the medical treatment became a worldwide movement, not only helping Billy and his close relatives, but also offering him the biggest amount of support we have seen in motorsport for years.

Motorsport and the people within the sport are simply amazing.
Josh Clark
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Teme: 6667
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 20 Tra 2017, 21:04:02 Citat 
Button and Verstappen donated 15k each, and the makers of Project Cars 2.5k. Pretty amazing.
Martin Pino
(Grupa Rookie - 115)

Teme: 649
  Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 20 Tra 2017, 23:17:20 Citat 
This boy also lost his legs. Did he receive half a a million pound in donations, or at least 100?

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/10/18/489679/syria-video-m...
Mike Brummert
(Grupa Pro - 2)

Teme: 5012
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 21 Tra 2017, 00:16:55 Citat 
Quote ( Dan Rice @ April 20th 2017,23:52:09 )

How much did you donate ?

Classy.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Pro - 4)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 21 Tra 2017, 00:30:17 (zadnji uredio21 Tra 2017, 00:31:09 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 

Just pathetic whingers,

Who's the whinger here ?

The ones with their opinion backed up with arguments, or the one who can't take differing opinions and resorts to insults ?

-cencored- ?

Just have a read through this post:
/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27071&PostId=4121814#post4121814

It's a bit better articulated than mine (maybe 'cause English is not my native language)
Kyle Morris
(Grupa Amateur - 51)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 21 Tra 2017, 00:31:23 Citat 
Best thing is Mick had already edited his post to take out that word and he re-edited the word back in
Chris Shaw
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Teme: 897
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 21 Tra 2017, 00:40:38 Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 21st 2017,00:30:17 )

It's a bit better articulated than mine (maybe 'cause English is not my native language)

I never thought anyone would say that about me. Ok, I think I must be in a coma. I just hope I still have my legs when I wake up ;)

Everyone missed the REAL issue here - there werent any yellow flags. And if there were, I bet no one would lift.
Jed Lilly
(Grupa Amateur - 23)

Teme: 21446
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 21 Tra 2017, 01:08:15 Citat 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ April 21st 2017,00:40:38 )

Everyone missed the REAL issue here - there werent any yellow flags. And if there were, I bet no one would lift.

Paraphrasing myself from another forum:

According to Forix he was 8 seconds behind Pasma at the start line so it would probably only be a couple of seconds between the car coming to a stop after the spin and the crash with Monger, depending on the position of the marshal posts [the accident was in an unusual place between two corners] there probably wasn't time to get a yellow flag out.

You're right though, drivers only slow down if they know they will be punished. BTCC race 1 (just before British F4) was a good example, at one point marshals on foot and a JCB were moving Cole's Subaru from the outside of McLean's under double yellow flags and drivers were only losing 2 tenths slower than there usual pace, the organisers give no penalties if no overtaking is done.
Kyle Morris
(Grupa Master - 1)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #11 objavljeno 31 Ožu 2018, 18:36:46 Citat 
Billy just came 3rd in his British F3 debut. its amazing the journey he has been through since his horrifying crash not even a year ago and is now scoring a podium in the category above :o He has just proven to never give up on your hopes and dreams whatever happens. Huge respect to him!
Onur Guardian
(Grupa Amateur - 71)

Teme: 2782
  Država:
Turska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 31 Ožu 2018, 18:38:20 Citat 
thats the spirit, awesome!!!
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Support a young British Formula 4 driver Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu