Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Forum games > [Mafia] Pick Your Power #2 Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet « 1 2 3 ... 93 94 [95 Jump t' new sheet:
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: [Mafia] Pick Your Power #2 's many 's 2835 answ'rs
Gordon Ashford
(Squadron Amateur - 52)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 10965
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #2821 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 17:19:48 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 23rd 2012,15:09:35 )

But once you made your mistake,

What mistake was that? Was it a case of you seeing something because you already KNEW he was scum?
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Shiver me timbers! Topic mod
Postin's: 33335
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2822 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 17:53:53 Be quotin' 
He fabricated an attack based upon a fallacy which he later admitted, but only after heavy pressure. Nothing that Frank did could possibly have been town-like, so when it was all put together it was so bleeding obvious...some of you guys can't see the forest for the trees.
His compliment early on was just not his normal playing style. Being disinterested with Day 1, yet posting way more than usual. Fabricating attacks. Whining about being killed N1 etc etc....none of it was in any way townie.
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 14356
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2823 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:06:51 Be quotin' 
What Winkley said :)
Gordon Ashford
(Squadron Amateur - 52)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 10965
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2824 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:39:56 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ April 23rd 2012,17:53:53 )

He fabricated an attack based upon a fallacy which he later admitted, but only after heavy pressure.

Which is nothing different from what you, Kevin or I would do whatever our alignment. When attacking Jimmy during his 'blow out' I was going to imply I was role cop a) to get a reaction and b) to draw out any real role cop.

This was the linking Ryan to whoever (Daniel?) thing isnt it. Not bothered to go and read it again, but I wasnt convinced at all that it was as scummy as you made out.

Yes, Frank was out of character in terms of his day 1 play, but that was sort of forced upon him anyway.
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2825 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:53:21 Be quotin' 
He made a connection for finding two players scummy based on something that sound logic could never substantiate. Once his CrapLogic was exposed of course he was going to rely upon the reaction test fluff. Tim's reaction test had a clear and obvious purpose...what Frank retrospecively claimed could have no useful purpose. He was caught in his own stupid play...Kevin saw it that way for sure.
Frank Rizzo
(Squadron Rookie - 174)

Postin's: 1963
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2826 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:54:39 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ April 23rd 2012,18:39:56 )

Yes, Frank was out of character in terms of his day 1 play, but that was sort of forced upon him anyway.

That was what I was going for. Kevin of course was able to see through it because he was already behind the curtain. I had a plan to get through the first few days, and that would have been enough I think.

Modkills won this game for us almost as much as anything as far as I am concerned.
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2827 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:56:10 Be quotin' 
Speak for yourself. I don't attack anyone based on a lie when I'm town.

And in your scenario, you are saying he's made it up to try and get a reaction from inactive A and inactive B. Really?

As I said, I didn't have a choice to back off when that was brought up or would have brought major suspicion towards both Frank and me.

And he can moan about getting lynched all he likes, wasn't it the case that Frank voting for Daniel (?) would have meant he saved himself? If that had happened, then we could have not killed at night and claimed a probable doc save and kept the lynch push away from Frank the following day.
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2828 Spake upon Apr 23 2012, 18:56:50 Be quotin' 
First bit of that was to Gordon.
Frank Rizzo
(Squadron Rookie - 174)

Postin's: 1963
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2829 Spake upon Apr 24 2012, 15:11:06 Be quotin' 
It did not help that I was on a trip near the deadline. I got prerty uch forced into doing an all-day trip on that deadline day. That was why I was not around. I dont think much would have changed in the long run though.
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2830 Spake upon Apr 24 2012, 16:30:59 Be quotin' 
You wouldn't have been lynched day 1, and you saw how Jimmy went from top candidate to a bit off the radar when he avoided the lynch.

Not a lot you can do if you can't get on though :(
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2831 Spake upon Apr 24 2012, 17:26:24 ('t be edit'd Apr 24 2012, 17:27:50 by Michael Winkley) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 24th 2012,16:30:59 )

You wouldn't have been lynched day 1,

He would have been, otherwise it would have been the biggest town fail of all time. Frank was the most obvious obvscum I have ever come across on Day 1 of a game, and all of it self-inflicted through his own stupidity.

Second game in a row that mafia have been allowed to push an incredibly weak argument on a weaker player on Day 1, and that nothing came of it; Matthew spotting Shoaib's "slip" in the first game, and an almost similar play over Daniel's "lie" by Kevin here. (I should add that in both games we have avoided voting the alleged slip and instead lynched mafia).I suppose that next time we see something similar that we should all think like Krasimir and just lynch whomever he is arguing with at that moment in time.
Neil Barron
(Squadron Amateur - 13)

Postin's: 456
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2832 Spake upon Apr 27 2012, 18:10:00 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Neil Barron @ April 13th 2012,16:19:54 )

I think D3's no lynch will be looked back upon at the end of this game as a massive missed opportunity for town to secure an almost certain win!

It would have been really interesting to see what would have happened if at least 2 of Mike, Tim- Oliver, Gordon would have voted kevin D3 with myself & Fatjol.

Town lost this game cos other than mafia bussing, there was never any real pressure applied to scum. Frank & Jimmy just made slips and Kevin was never under any pressure cos people seemed scared to vote him, even to the extent that a no lynch was preferred when the only other option of a sure lynch was Kevin! To me thats just utter madness!

(anyway well done scum...i dont mean this...GFY)
:P

Quote ( Mike Baston @ April 22nd 2012,21:35:14 )

@ Neil if he comes into thread. Can you explain in a non-game related way of response where you think I went wrong at end of D3 please. Looking for constructive criticism.

Either here or by pm. Thanks

my comment below says it really

Quote ( Neil Barron @ April 13th 2012,16:32:37 )

Mike has played the last few hours he was in the game dreadfully. As i pointed out in my post he was one of those 2 townies that screwed up pressuring scum Kevin, then to add insult to injury he uses his Vig kill on Fatjol of all people. Brainwashed by Kevin & Tim.

i thought you played really well and seemed to have a good grasp of what to do to say it was your first game. I'm not one to give advice on play cos like krasimir i do always manage to look scummy.
Going over D3 again tho, @ deadline you should have been thinking for yourself and not going along with things. letting a no lynch happen was silly. You read it that fatjol was to blame thus you shot him, but both myself and Fatjol had stated we were unwaiving with our votes on kevin. IMHO it would have done no harm to put kevin on L-2 or even L-1 and see what he would have done. For me, Kevin was the lynch D3 after what had happened with Krasimir getting lynched over Jimmy D2. risking a no lynch over lynching kevin was just daft, and it cost town the game :(
Mike Baston
(Squadron Pro - 5)

Postin's: 1905
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2833 Spake upon Apr 27 2012, 18:12:59 Be quotin' 
Thanks Neil. Wasn't sure at the time really if that was full view or partly for effect.
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2834 Spake upon Apr 27 2012, 21:06:35 Be quotin' 
"Letting a no lynch happen was silly" yet it was ok for people to refuse to move their vote which had the same outcome? Contradiction there :)

I genuinely don't know why you wouldn't have expected a town Fatjol to move his vote to ensure a lynch. Even though it wasn't his preferred lynch choice, it would have been better for town than a no lynch and I would have expected any townie to move their vote in his situation so not surprised if everyone else did too.

Given that scenario or attempting to lynch the person most saw as most likely town (me), I would have played the same way Tim, Gordon and Mike did if I was town. Maybe that is the wrong play, but easy to say when you've parked a vote and not online yourself to get involved with the deadline vote switching :)

Look forward to playing with you again, Neil.
Neil Barron
(Squadron Amateur - 13)

Postin's: 456
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2835 Spake upon Apr 27 2012, 22:17:03 Be quotin' 
why choose to assume someone will change their opinion and vote over a guaranteed lynch?

Fatjol stated he had parked his vote on you! So by forcing him to switch, town were playing a risky game of letting a no lynch happen at a crucial point of the game when either my lynch or your lynch would have provided much information (either you for flipping scum or me for being the 2nd person you had tunneled into getting lynched 2 days running)

Given that my lynch wasn't guaranteed as Fatjol said he wouldnt switch, town SHOULD have taken the option that led to a 100% certain lynch (yours).

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 27th 2012,21:06:35 )

Given that scenario or attempting to lynch the person most saw as most likely town (me), I would have played the same way Tim, Gordon and Mike did if I was town.

So you only scream "no lynch doesn't benefit town" ~ deadlines when you are scum then? :P
Kevin Parkinson
(Squadron Rookie - 217)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2836 Spake upon Apr 27 2012, 22:24:34 Be quotin' 
:)

Easy to say, Neil. But when the option is to lynch the person you think is most likely townie or expect Fatjol to not be stubborn and make sure there is a lynch of someone many people have voiced major doubts about, it's not as simple as saying "do the guaranteed lynch."

Also, the timings of people coming online and posting and voting didn't leave a lot of time for Gordon, Tim and Mike to discuss the option of my lynch, if they had even considered it.
This Sheet « 1 2 3 ... 93 94 [95 Jump t' new sheet:
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Forum games > [Mafia] Pick Your Power #2 Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber