Аутор Тема: Facilities 19 одговора
José Álvaro
(Група Rookie - 133)

Поруке: 12
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #1 послано Jул 17 2018, 16:56:43 Цитирај 
Ok so, i'm still in Rookie, as you may have seen, my first season and i'm usually quite crazy with the money I spend at the start.
I've upgraded every facility to level 20 and i'm asking, firstly, if that was mistake and, secondly, why have all of them gone down to level 19 and why can't I re-upgrade them?

Thank you.
Michael Monteleyola
(Група Rookie - 26)

Поруке: 69
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2 послано Jул 17 2018, 16:58:27 Цитирај 
You can't re-upgrade as you have a negative balance.
Josh Clark
(Група Pro - 22)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #3 послано Jул 17 2018, 17:02:10 (последња промена Jул 17 2018, 17:03:08 од Josh Clark) Цитирај 
Quote ( José Álvaro @ July 17th 2018,16:56:43 )

I've upgraded every facility to level 20 and i'm asking, firstly, if that was mistake

Probably in terms of managing finances, as they're really not all that useful to a Rookie. Some of them might be, but others certainly not. But for a new player, discovering things and testing out all the areas is beneficial, especially considering all finances are reset if you fail to promote out of Rookie at the end of the season.

secondly, why have all of them gone down to level 19

Facilities do degrade over time. Mainly, I suppose, to stop people getting into higher tiers, then returning down to lower tiers with massively better facilities than everyone else around them.

why can't I re-upgrade them?

As far as I'm aware, you should be able to re-upgrade them.
E: nevermind, didn't notice your negative balanace.
Kyle Morris
(Група Master - 1)

Поруке: 6688
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4 послано Jул 17 2018, 17:02:46 Цитирај 
Hi Jose

Facilities aren't entirely useful until you have to start vigorously testing (pro and above). The only one i would advise upgrading is the commercial, then you can concentrate on the others in amateur

Facilities downgrade overtime depending on the level. The higher the level the quicker they degrade. Almost think of it as technology advancing :P

And as before mentioned you are in negative so you can't upgrade
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 5682
  Држава:
Пољска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5 послано Jул 17 2018, 17:04:00 Цитирај 

firstly, if that was mistake

It depends what you will learn from it ;-) IMHO it's a mistake. Not a critical one, but costly.

secondly, why have all of them gone down to level 19

The facilities will decrease slowly between races

why can't I re-upgrade them?

As Michael wrote. Negative balance
Yug Desai3
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 1167
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6 послано Jул 17 2018, 17:06:07 Цитирај 
How much you want to upgrade the facilities is a personal choice. There are certain facilities that are generally prioritized in Rookie. Especially commercial. Next would probably be pit facility. Others are mostly testing related. Since we don't do much of that in rookie and amateur, it is probably less than ideal to upgrade them. In my humble opinion, there is very little use of the other facilities until the amateur to pro promotion season.

Facilities downgrade over time. You will have to determine the right time to re-invest in them as they fall below certain thresholds. Again that is a personal choice.

Quote ( Michael Monteleyola @ July 17th 2018,16:58:27 )

You can't re-upgrade as you have a negative balance.
Roy Mitchell
(Група Amateur - 85)

Поруке: 5907
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #7 послано Jул 17 2018, 19:07:38 Цитирај 
Facility levels are directly responsible for the test points gained from doing a 'testing session.' Rookie may not be the best place to test.

You can record the deterioration of facilities and this will help in the future. Working with sponsors will go better with max Commercial Facility.

Going testing has many benefits that will come handy later in the season. Search the forums ;)
Andrew Wilden
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 1502
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #8 послано Jул 17 2018, 21:45:58 (последња промена Jул 17 2018, 21:55:16 од Andrew Wilden) Цитирај 
I really fail to understand why so many experienced managers basically tell Rookies not to test.
It really depends on their circumstances.
If for example they are developing a very young driver for a long term plan, to promote the following season. They should be testing as much as possible to take OA to 84.5 at the end of the season with zero motivation.

As for facilities, definitely do commercial and pit to L20 in your promo run to Amateur. Plus I would also recommend maybe windtunnel and possibly a R&D just to stop the trainables decaying from L10.

In a Rookie Promo run I always advocate 5 tests as a minimum. 7 is better. This will give you a nice advantage at the start of your following Amateur season.

After that only develop more facilities and trainables as you can afford it when building up to an attack on Pro promo run .

Good luck
Gastón Paris
(Група Amateur - 7)

Поруке: 246
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #9 послано Jул 17 2018, 22:25:06 Цитирај 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ July 17th 2018,21:45:58 )

I really fail to understand why so many experienced managers basically tell Rookies not to test

Because they are not useful. The only thing that you need to win in Rookie is to have a good driver and not to spend any money in facilites or even in expensive car parts.
Michael Jones
(Група Amateur - 1)

Поруке: 1387
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #10 послано Jул 17 2018, 22:30:09 Цитирај 
Quote ( Gastón Paris @ July 17th 2018,22:25:06 )

I really fail to understand why so many experienced managers basically tell Rookies not to test
Because they are not useful. The only thing that you need to win in Rookie is to have a good driver and not to spend any money in facilites or even in expensive car parts.

And it helps to have a good driver by testing in your promotion season .
Andrew Wilden
(Група Pro - 5)

Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #11 послано Jул 18 2018, 01:17:15 Цитирај 
Quote ( Gastón Paris @ July 17th 2018,22:25:06 )

Rubbish. ...and it interesting that it is said by someone who has never played above Amateur.
Maybe re-read what I wrote and you might learn something yourself
Mike Bennett
(Група Pro - 7)

Поруке: 1674
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #12 послано Jул 18 2018, 01:18:46 Цитирај 

They should be testing as much as possible to take OA to 84.5 at the end of the season with zero motivation.

What... I have no idea what this even means :)

As for facilities, definitely do commercial and pit to L20 in your promo run to Amateur. Plus I would also recommend maybe windtunnel and possibly a R&D just to stop the trainables decaying from L10.

Nothing wrong here...yet .

In a Rookie Promo run I always advocate 5 tests as a minimum. 7 is better.

Now the maths is all wrong !

George Slater4
(Група Amateur - 69)

Поруке: 603
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Jул 18 2018, 01:26:27 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Bennett @ July 18th 2018,01:18:46 )

What... I have no idea what this even means :)

It means that if you are keeping a driver over Rookie reset, it makes the most sense to get him as close as possible to 85 OA through testing as finances are not an issue being reset anyway.

Quote ( Mike Bennett @ July 18th 2018,01:18:46 )

Now the maths is all wrong !

There is no maths in there, it is a recommendation. And given the type of long-term drivers Andrew typically recommends it I'd say it actually is a good idea to do as he says.
Mike Bennett
(Група Pro - 7)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #14 послано Jул 18 2018, 01:33:40 Цитирај 
Quote ( George Slater @ July 18th 2018,01:26:27 )

It means that if you are keeping a driver over Rookie reset, it makes the most sense to get him as close as possible to 85 OA through testing as finances are not an issue being reset anyway.

So how exactly does testing control a drivers OA ?

There is no maths in there, it is a recommendation.

Whatever the maths is still wrong :)

And given the type of long-term drivers Andrew typically recommends it I'd say it actually is a good idea to do as he says.

Unable to comment as I have no data :)
Andrew Wilden
(Група Pro - 5)

Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #15 послано Jул 18 2018, 01:47:53 Цитирај 
Mike, are you serious ??
You are in Pro, so please don't tell me you don't know what driver attributes are increased by testing.
So that was precisely my point.
To test in Rookie non promo season for FREE (as all cash will be reset anyway) up to the maximum point of OA control, before your promo run the following season.

As for the maths....WTF ?
I am purely making a recommendation for their promo run. I helped a team mate do Rookie promo who did exactly that and won 17/17 races.

As for driver recommendations, check out Alpo's driver in Elite and how long he has had him. Then check his team history. Yeah I found and recommended him, and Alpo acknowledged that when he got the "Zero to Hero " achievement.
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 3806
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #16 послано Jул 18 2018, 02:05:35 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Bennett @ July 18th 2018,01:33:40 )

So how exactly does testing control a drivers OA ?

There is no maths in there, it is a recommendation.

Whatever the maths is still wrong :)

And given the type of long-term drivers Andrew typically recommends it I'd say it actually is a good idea to do as he says.

Unable to comment as I have no data :)

pro

lmfao.... pretty funny that.

Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ July 18th 2018,01:47:53 )

You are in Pro, so please don't tell me you don't know what driver attributes are increased by testing.

Testing in rookie would be worth the cost even if you didn't get CCP. For most drivers anyway.

Rookies (even those in pro groups) should pay attention to andrew's posts... just sayin. It will only take you one race (if you pay attention) to figure out what he is talking about.
Mike Bennett
(Група Pro - 7)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (4)
Стара порука #17 послано Jул 18 2018, 02:07:05 Цитирај 

Obviously I know...But you stated the following

They should be testing as much as possible to take OA to 84.5 at the end of the season with zero motivation.

And you posted ..

driver attributes are increased by testing

So again how does testing "control" a drivers OA ?

I am purely making a recommendation for their promo run.

And I am purely suggesting that the maths is wrong based on your premise.

As for driver recommendations, check out Alpo's driver in Elite and how long he has had him. Then check his team history. Yeah I found and recommended him, and Alpo acknowledged that when he got the "Zero to Hero " achievement.

What do you want a medal :)

I also see that he got to Elite by changing teams, and that he signed his driver in Ama not Rookie. Picking a trainable driver is easy all you have to do is pick a elite managers driver and calc backwards to his starting skills .
Andrew Wilden
(Група Pro - 5)

Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #18 послано Jул 18 2018, 02:16:29 (последња промена Jул 18 2018, 02:27:22 од Andrew Wilden) Цитирај 
No Alpo got his driver in Rookie.
No I don't want a medal, you asked George for data so I simply gave it to you.
Simple as that.
As for the team change, that was a bit political.
If you need to know more send me a PM.

As for this so called maths that you think I am wrong. I still fail to see what the hell you are talking about.
What is wrong with recommending 5 to 7 tests to a Rookie in a promo run.
It works, trust me on that

As for the correlation between testing and OA control. If you are in Pro and don't know why and how you should be planning that, then maybe you need to reconsider a few things as well, before giving so called advice to Rookies.
Roy Mitchell
(Група Amateur - 85)

Поруке: 5907
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #19 послано Jул 18 2018, 07:01:15 Цитирај 
If I am understanding your advice to a Rookie... test 5 to 7 times in a Promotion run season.

What is wrong with this advice, is that there is no consideration of the testing results, the auto Attributes and race results on the driver's OverAll.

Many Rookies hire a driver that is near or at 85 OverAll.

Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ July 18th 2018,02:16:29 )

As for the correlation between testing and OA control. If you are in Pro and don't know why and how you should be planning that, then maybe you need to reconsider a few things as well, before giving so called advice to Rookies.
Page [1] 

Take your own advice, Andrew. If you don't know what you are talking about from experience... wait for someone who knows to respond.

I am aware that this is not very nice from your point of view. It is not personal I assure you. I am talking from long time experience and many failures. :)

Hope you understand.
Kevin Parkinson
(Група Rookie - 72)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #20 послано Jул 18 2018, 09:38:59 Цитирај 
I see a simple case of crossed wires here.

Andrew (in my opinion, correctly) advises some testing in Rookie. He states the ideal situation is to have the driver at highest possible OA while under 85 at the end of the season with zero motivation.

It appears that Mike misconstrued his comment to mean that the testing will help keep OA down. What Andrew clearly meant was to control OA while testing, so as to get the advantage to driver attributes that testing provides (plus the CCP as an added extra).

I don't think Andrew has given any bad advice in the thread. But then I don't think many were suggesting to not test in Rookie in the first place. What was mentioned is if it is worth increasing facilities while in Rookie - you can still get advantages from testing without improving the related facilities (especially if you're focusing on the driver attributes and not the test points), and it is a managerial choice if improving them is worth the cost for what they give you.

Plenty been given to consider for newbies, but do keep it civil please.
Страна [1

Одговори