Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Tyre Puncture & 90% rule Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 2 3 [4 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: Tyre Puncture & 90% rule 104 përgjigje
Lucas Lobico
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 820
  Shteti:
Spanjë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #91 Postuar 2 Mars 2016, 22:40:22 Citim 
I was to propose the same thing this thread was about, when I found there was already this thread about the issue.

I guess it would not reach anywhere, as I guess the 'It would be unfair to our Grpo ancestors...' would be invoked nowadays too, but I wanted only to register that this 'issue' can be now as annoying as years ago :|

Anyway, perhaps it could be interesting to refresh it a bit, and to know the current opinion about the same matter by some of the ones who were involved in the discussion by then...
Peter Peyper
(Grupi Amateur - 84)

Postime: 310
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #92 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 06:46:11 Citim 
Sorry about bringing this topic to the fore again, but I really feel that GPRO Management must honestly review this rule:

1) I really don't have a issue with the rule in context as it has it's values:

Example: Where a manger races with a car where the part wear is very high (99%) and definitely will not finish a race and just wants to make money from the race/season (Raced all 17 races).

2) But I agree with all the managers in posts before where a technical issue is caused (Not manager controlled), the 90% rule must not be enforced.

Example: Tyre Puncture (2/3 of race completed - Bang tyre gone). Not in your control.

Yes I understand that 90% of the race was not completed and yes it is Bad Luck and yes it is only a game, but it is these kind of factors that force managers to leave the game.

Some of us have been long in this game and have just come to live with it, but in hindsight this particular requirement has a very HUGE HUGE HUGE impact on the game.

I know I will get a lot of comments but the NEGATIVITY around this on a person is great.

To watch the race "live" very late at night for some of us to see yourself out of the race is already a shock to the system and then to get a another shock on your finances, all I can say is "WOW!!!!!!" Great job GPRO keeping us all happy.
MG van Rensburg
(Grupi Amateur - 51)

Postime: 1718
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #93 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 08:15:41 (Së fundi edituar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 08:19:42 nga MG van Rensburg) Citim 
Sounds to me as a simple example of wanting to have your cake and eat it.

If you want to roll the dice with risky season plans, there needs to be consequences, some kind of risk vs reward. Its cant just be smooth sailing, guaranteed to work sort of thing.

If a tyre puncture destroys a persons season their time would be better spent finding where the things actually went wrong during the season plan and executio rather than looking for something to blame to protect their egos.

And before get on your high horses, Im speaking from experience, where could easily blame the game and randoms and other things for a failed 1st season in master rather than be accountable for the mistakes that actually cost me the season.
Andrew Wilden
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Postime: 1502
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #94 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 08:30:10 (Së fundi edituar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 08:55:21 nga Andrew Wilden) Citim 
I agree with MG.
In your example Peter, you have only completed 66% of the race, which also means only ~66% of wear. So you will receive 50% income. While I admit probably in a lower position than you expected, it seems a reasonable balance to me.
Why should there be an exception to the rule ?
I can't see the fairness in it.
Lets be honest here, it is quite rare that it happens. Are you pissed off at the time ? Naturally, but if one puncture in a season is going to destroy your season, you are doing things wrong. I actually plan for a couple each season. If they don't it is a pleasant surprise.

As for the race time. Be thankful that it is late at night, not either 4:00am or 5:00am like it is for me. It is an international game based in Europe. The time of the race is irrelevant in this discussion.
Krzysztof Wnuk
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 1152
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #95 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 09:54:03 Citim 
Tyre puncture can ruined all tactic in race, in Portimao have puncture at 15 lap race at nice position, have change advance and see how race slowly slowly and other managers overtake me, pitted and no re-fuelled have sign not fuelled as technical problem, next pit after four laps and all chance for good position gone ...
Andrew Wilden
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #96 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 10:01:42 Citim 
But that was a managerial decision "by you" to tick that box to not refuel, causing the next pit 4 laps later.
So you can't blame the game mechanics for that, as it was your choice and obviously a poor one in this instance.

Personally I never tick that box for this very reason.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #97 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 10:39:05 (Së fundi edituar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 10:41:38 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Peter Peyper @ December 1st 2018,06:46:11 )

that force managers to leave

Last year the alternator of my car broke down, did NOT force me to abandon driving.

A couple years back my washing machine broke down, did NOT force me to leave my life
furthermore it^^ did not force me to abandon clothes :)

Naturally you's like things to go your way, but sometimes (in GPRO as in life) there are unexpected events which may complicate things. How you face the challenges is up to you, but no-one is forcing anyone away.

Luckily tyre failures and events like that are relatively rare.

btw: The term "you" is meant as "person in general"
Lyee Chong
(Grupi Amateur - 61)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 1307
  Shteti:
Malajzi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #98 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 11:07:21 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ December 1st 2018,10:39:05 )

sometimes (in GPRO as in life) there are unexpected events
yes yes, this is attested when I see Mikko and Andrew are agreeing with each other :))
Andrew Wilden
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #99 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 11:10:41 Citim 
Quote ( Lyee Chong @ December 1st 2018,11:07:21 )

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ December 1st 2018,10:39:05 )

sometimes (in GPRO as in life) there are unexpected events yes yes, this is attested when I see Mikko and Andrew are agreeing with each other :))

LMFAO. ......were you reading my mind.
I even gave Mikko a thumb up 😁
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #100 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 11:11:42 Citim 
I'm just glad Mikko didn't abandon clothes....where the world would be then I don't know :)
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #101 Postuar 1 Dhjetor 2018, 11:16:54 Citim 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 1st 2018,08:15:41 )

Sounds to me as a simple example of wanting to have your cake and eat it.

If you want to roll the dice with risky season plans, there needs to be consequences, some kind of risk vs reward. Its cant just be smooth sailing, guaranteed to work sort of thing.

If a tyre puncture destroys a persons season their time would be better spent finding where the things actually went wrong during the season plan and executio rather than looking for something to blame to protect their egos.

And before get on your high horses, Im speaking from experience, where could easily blame the game and randoms and other things for a failed 1st season in master rather than be accountable for the mistakes that actually cost me the season.

I will get on my high horse. Master is very expensive. At the moment the projection is each Master group will lose in average 1B (yes, billion) and also the projection is each Master group will end with average 12 fewer online sponsors, so add another ~180M losses assuming just 15M per sponsor.

This is a consequence of the economic structure of the game. Surviving in the high leagues (as in being sustainable as opposed to briefly surviving while burning the brought from Amateur resources) is hard even if people are doing things relatively fine. That's what forces people to go down to rebuild or to use awkward strategies with Pipis in Elite (although available just to just a few managers, because they need to arrive in Elite in the first place).

Stuff out of the manager's control, such as DNF tyre punctures, are very damaging by themselves with the inherent reduced race income and driver motivation losses, are topped by further 50% penalty, and also more damaging for people aiming to perform well, in a race management game.

I myself also speak from experience. I've witnessed dozens of managers fail in Master not because of doing worse than their peers, but just because that's the way Master is. Curved balls only add salt to the injury.
Daniel Mendes
(Grupi Rookie - 162)

Postime: 41
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #102 Postuar 30 Korrik 2019, 22:21:09 (Së fundi edituar 30 Korrik 2019, 22:21:57 nga Daniel Mendes) Citim 
I have done major preparation for this race, you know -- being a rookie and all. I have put in a lot of studying, reading the forum, I was able to get great mentoring.

Race starts, RAINING. It's okay, it stops raining and I am flying through the other cars. I am in 3rd place, OUT OF THE RACE. Tyre puncture.

Disheartening, upsetting. It's life I guess. Picking up the pieces here and moving forward. What a shame.
Ben Gladwyn
(Grupi Amateur - 84)

Postime: 26
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #103 Postuar 30 Korrik 2019, 22:34:35 Citim 
Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ July 30th 2019,22:21:09 )
Race starts, RAINING...

Wet Q2 = wet start
Daniel Mendes
(Grupi Rookie - 162)

Postime: 41
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #104 Postuar 31 Korrik 2019, 02:14:20 Citim 
Quote ( Ben Gladwyn @ July 30th 2019,22:34:35 )

Wet Q2 = wet start

I appreciate the hint.
Graham Mercer
(Grupi Amateur - 14)

Postime: 2010
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #105 Postuar 31 Korrik 2019, 03:04:11 Citim 
Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ July 31st 2019,02:14:20 )

Quote ( Ben Gladwyn @ July 30th 2019,22:34:35 )

Wet Q2 = wet start

I appreciate the hint.

Daniel that was not a hint, it is the standard condition.
If you look at the weather forecast section the table headings are
Practice/Qualify 1
Qualify 2/Race start - so the weather in Q2 determines the weather for Lap 1 of the race. If Q2 is raining the race start will always be raining.
If and how quickly the rain stops depends on the weather information in the four race forecast sections, but that is a different puzzle to solve.

Good luck with GPRO and enjoy puzzling out those bits of information, as you mentioned in another post, that is part of the attraction of the game. :)
Faqe « 1 2 3 [4 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Tyre Puncture & 90% rule Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë