Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Mozilla Firefox problems Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [1
Autori Temë: Mozilla Firefox problems 14 përgjigje
Alan Halford
(Grupi Rookie - 127)

Postime: 678
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 26 Gusht 2010, 19:58:59 Citim 
I hope this is in the right place so forgive if it is not. I am also a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to pc's so bear that in mind when you answer cause it may just go over my head. I need a real idiots guide.

Until recently, my Mozilla Firefox has been running great but in the last week or so, when I click on the icon it opens, I can get on the internet and as long as I stay on there I can go from site to site with no problems. The only exception I have is that I cannot open anything in a new window. I can use the "open in a new tab" ok but not a new window. Once I come off the internet, I then cannot use Firefox. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I have to resort to using IE and if I want to use Firefox again, I have to restart my PC.

I have un-installed it and installed it again from the web site thinking it may have got corrupted or may be an old version but it is still the same. I have run AVG, CCleaner, done a defrag but they all tell me there is nothing wrong and no viruses. I have even got RegCure to see if that picks up anything but to no avail.

I am running nothing different to what I was a few weeks ago so as far as I am aware it should be nothing to do with that and I have not installed any new programmes or anything like that.

It is becoming a very frustrating thing, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know in the simplest of layman's terms please. I don't understand really big complicated, technical words

Thanks
Teo Gluscevic
(Grupi Pro - 11)

Postime: 1292
  Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 26 Gusht 2010, 20:11:54 Citim 
I don't know how to help you but I had somewhat similar problem with firefox on my laptop.

When I closed firefox it would remain active in background and take 100% of my processor performance.
And before I terminated it with task manager I couldn't open it again.

The only solution I found was formatting the system drive and reinstalling everything
Grigore Dragos Alexandru
(Grupi Rookie - 55)

Postime: 84
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 26 Gusht 2010, 20:20:30 (Së fundi edituar 26 Gusht 2010, 20:22:04 nga Dragoș Alexandru Grigore) Citim 
Alan,

It happens to me when
Quote ( Alan Halford @ August 26th 2010,19:58:59 )

Until recently, my Mozilla Firefox has been running great but in the last week or so, when I click on the icon it opens, I can get on the internet and as long as I stay on there I can go from site to site with no problems. The only exception I have is that I cannot open anything in a new window. I can use the "open in a new tab" ok but not a new window. Once I come off the internet, I then cannot use Firefox. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I have to resort to using IE and if I want to use Firefox again, I have to restart my PC

I understand you because i have that problem too.
I don't know what causes that problem.
Guillaume Leblanc
(Grupi Rookie - 171)

Postime: 485
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 26 Gusht 2010, 20:23:40 (Së fundi edituar 26 Gusht 2010, 20:24:48 nga Guillaume Leblanc) Citim 
check your firefox options/addons/plugins for anything that could act like that

if all fails
look true the about:config in FF ( don't change something you're not sure about)

just type about:config where you write the adress

edit:
another thing to try is to rename your FF profile folder to profile.old and start FF with a "blank" profile
Thomas Wesker
(Grupi Amateur - 19)

Postime: 1661
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 18:19:08 (Së fundi edituar 13 Mars 2013, 18:19:28 nga Thomas Wesker) Citim 
A quick question regarding Firefox. Since a few days, when I open a new page and click enter, it opens the new requested page but then switches to my previous page. It cats like an ALT+TAB without me actually doing it.

What's wrong? Virus? :/
Vlado Rosić-Milinković
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 1438
  Shteti:
Bosnje-Hercegovina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 18:38:05 (Së fundi edituar 13 Mars 2013, 18:45:19 nga Vlado Rosić-Milinković) Citim 
Are you sure that option to automatically switch to new opened tab is on?

I usually keep it off when I open multiple links from one source. That might be the case with your settings too, might be due to an update or something if it was fine before. Just double check.

Even tho I haven't use Firefox in a while, it's common property of each browser - to switch if it goes to new tab immediately or not.

Good luck.

E:

http://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/gallery/images/...

Something like this.
Thomas Wesker
(Grupi Amateur - 19)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 18:46:40 Citim 
Nothing changed in my options. But it doesn't do it anymore. Maybe I pressed a shortcut without know it. Weird ... Thanks though.
Alan Halford
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 18:54:20 Citim 
Thanks for advice guys. I have now changed from Firefox to Chrome and find it much better :)
Thomas Wesker
(Grupi Amateur - 19)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 18:58:17 Citim 
3 years after? :D
Alan Halford
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 13 Mars 2013, 20:02:55 Citim 
he he ...well you brought it back earlier on :)
Koen De Heldt
(Grupi Rookie - 29)

Postime: 2851
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 15 Tetor 2013, 19:07:45 (Së fundi edituar 15 Tetor 2013, 19:26:02 nga Koen De Heldt) Citim 
anyone an idea how comes that since a few days I have a problem on using the pm inside of GPRO?

when I click reply or new pm, the field of the user account to who I wanna send the mail is blanc. The tile on the page does say: "Write new message to xxxx (xxx - 23), but the send to: is just blanc when using FF.

I updated to all latest add-ons but that doesn't help. In IE it works perfect, but i use FF because I do use the "no script" add-on. I tried allowing everything, but that also doesn't help. I just noticed that on chrome I have the same problem?

anyone an idea?

restarted FF without addons, still same problem.
Lucas Lobico
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 820
  Shteti:
Spanjë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 10 Korrik 2020, 16:44:13 Citim 
Trying to log today with Firefox, it seems the web is not loading fine: backgound is white, and all, including the race capture (which appears static) is listed downwards. It's like the page is not aplying the styles.

Has somebody else observed something similar? My FF version may be a bit old (59.0), and that could be perhaps the cause, yet I't like to confirm if there could be another explaination. With IE11 I see the page showing fine.
Thx
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Postime: 665
  Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 10 Korrik 2020, 17:38:02 Citim 
Firefox 78.0 is just fine.

Maybe 59.0 is already a safety hazard. Except for Microsoft products, the older the better, always have at least the penultimate version of any software.
Lucas Lobico
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 820
  Shteti:
Spanjë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 10 Korrik 2020, 23:13:37 Citim 
So, yet the newer the less I like browser versions, it seems I'll finally will have to consider updating. Thanks :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupi Pro - 20)

Postime: 11913
  Shteti:
Hungari 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 10 Korrik 2020, 23:17:21 Citim 
Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ July 10th 2020,23:13:37 )

So, yet the newer the less I like browser versions, it seems I'll finally will have to consider updating. Thanks :)
You used to have to do this.
Faqe [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Mozilla Firefox problems Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë