Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > English Premier League - all seasons Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 802 [803804 805 806 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: English Premier League - all seasons 24170 përgjigje
Gangadhar Abhyankar
(Grupi Amateur - 123)

Postime: 53
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #24054 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 15:16:44 Citim 
I am feeling worst for Leicester... I am having a gut feeling... they will go down....
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 14356
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24055 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 15:19:23 Citim 
Very interesting perspective. I've heard the opposing opinion from some Leicester fans too (on phone-ins) so interesting to get the alternative perspective, but hard to argue with such well reasoned points.

I think the only urgent points were those on current form, or more specifically, performances. Everything else, while you could be critical of, and for some even point out it's nothing to do with the manager (I doubt he had much say in the pre-season stuff, for example), could be addressed by changing manager at the end of a season.

To change him now, while still in the Champions League and not even in the relegation zone is hard to fathom from an outside perspective, but you obviously watch them and have the opinion that the board generally are patient and it is only because performances are not there with no sign of things changing (didn't you just get a very decent result away in the last 16 of the CL?).
David Rolleston1
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2618
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24056 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 15:26:24 Citim 
@Kevin

Take another look at the league table at 4.50pm today, every chance we'll be in the bottom 3 by then. :-)
Jack Wemyss
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Postime: 8061
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #24057 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 20:41:05 Citim 
Doping team who were involved in the Sky cycling team drugs scandal were working at Leicester, from approx March/April 2015, when Leicester stormed from 20th to safety under Nigel Pearson, and left around May 2016.
David Rolleston1
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2618
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24058 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 20:45:29 Citim 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ February 25th 2017,20:41:05 )

Doping team who were involved in the Sky cycling team drugs scandal were working at Leicester, from approx March/April 2015, when Leicester stormed from 20th to safety under Nigel Pearson, and left around May 2016.

Did they go with Kante to Chelsea?

Link to you fake news source would be appreciated !
Jack Wemyss
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24059 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 20:48:01 Citim 
Who said the story was released by the media?

Ask Ojo del Toro
Jack Wemyss
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24060 Postuar 25 Shkurt 2017, 20:57:42 Citim 
P.S Peter Lim holds an illegal undeclared 20% share in Leicester.
Mert Riggadog
(Grupi Amateur - 57)

Postime: 30
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24061 Postuar 14 Mars 2017, 05:21:20 Citim 
Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton apparently
Mert Riggadog
(Grupi Amateur - 57)

Postime: 30
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24062 Postuar 14 Mars 2017, 05:22:04 Citim 
Quote ( Mert Riggadog @ March 14th 2017,05:21:20 )

Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton apparently

Anyone else agree with me that Everton have a really decent squad and could push for Champions League football next season?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were the number 1 Merseyside team for sure.
António Pereira
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 4159
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24063 Postuar 16 Prill 2017, 22:22:17 Citim 

Chelsea were completely ordinary against Man Utd. Man Utd completely deserve the win.

Chelsea is more experienced, but Spurs play a much more attractive footaball. com'on Spurs!!! Would be completely deserved if Chelsea were overcomed on the last rounds! The better and beautifull football would be prized this way!

This is getting interesting ;)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24064 Postuar 18 Prill 2017, 15:30:11 Citim 
Brighton, in the EPL next season.

Their first appearance in the top tier of the English pyramid in 34 years.
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Rookie - 1)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24065 Postuar 2 Maj 2017, 16:18:57 (Së fundi edituar 2 Maj 2017, 16:19:39 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
So, if Man United reach the Europa League final - which occurs the night they are due to play Southampton, they will have to play that match on Wednesday 24th May by the looks of it and will be the first time a team has played AFTER the final weekend of a PL season since...I can't remember?

What I can't get my head around is why the previously re-arranged fixture with Everton last week wasn't played on the midweek slot at the beginning of March. If they'd done that then they could have re-arranged the other game with Southampton for last week.

It's not a very good fixture system the PL use that they DO NOT assume that clubs make it farthest into all competitions they are taking part in. Even more silly that midweek slots are not filled up to ensure a future potential problem like they have now is not resolved at any available opportunity.

Strange. Mourinho had a fair point about their fixtures I think.

Jack Wemyss
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24066 Postuar 2 Maj 2017, 21:17:46 Citim 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ May 2nd 2017,16:18:57 )

So, if Man United reach the Europa League final - which occurs the night they are due to play Southampton, they will have to play that match on Wednesday 24th May by the looks of it and will be the first time a team has played AFTER the final weekend of a PL season since...I can't remember?

Er since last season when United v Bournemouth was rearranged following a bomb threat?
António Pereira
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 4159
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24067 Postuar 27 Maj 2017, 00:36:06 (Së fundi edituar 27 Maj 2017, 00:36:19 nga António Pereira) Citim 
Bernardo Silva

Monaco ---> Man City (50 Million €)

Confirmed

Stuart Foster
(Grupi Amateur - 122)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24068 Postuar 29 Maj 2017, 18:54:23 Citim 
Huddersfield promoted today. Well done to them, they deserve it after running Newcastle and Brighton so close throughout the year. They were definitely the 3rd best team in the Championship despite their wobble at the end of the season.
Kyle Morris
(Grupi Amateur - 51)

Postime: 6688
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24069 Postuar 29 Maj 2017, 18:59:39 Citim 
Such a fairytale season for huddersfield. David Wagner has completly transformed that club

Who'd have thought 13 seasons ago when in league 2 they'd be in the premier league. Although same could be said about Bournemouth :)
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Amateur - 122)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24070 Postuar 29 Maj 2017, 19:36:18 Citim 
And Brighton to a certain extent ! :)
Jack Wemyss
(Grupi Rookie - 2)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24071 Postuar 29 Maj 2017, 21:34:04 Citim 
Huddersfield promoted with -2 goal difference, after not winning any of their play off games, and not scoring a single goal in the play offs (the only goal scored for Huddersfield in the play offs, was scored by a Sheffield Wednesday player.)
Joe Manifold
(Grupi Amateur - 125)

Postime: 12472
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24072 Postuar 11 Gusht 2017, 21:31:13 Citim 
Come on Leicester!

<3 Leicester
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Amateur - 122)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24073 Postuar 27 Gusht 2017, 22:00:35 (Së fundi edituar 27 Gusht 2017, 22:04:55 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
taking money out of the equation, cos lets face it there's enough of it swirling around the premier league, why didn't Spurs just go and play at Fulham for one year or something. Yes, it holds only 27,000 maybe, but not that much less than White Hart Lane held and I'm pretty sure these woeful home results they've so far had would not have been felt at a stadium where they and their support could impose themselves on the visitors. If Wembley costs Spurs a champions league spot next season then that'll cost them probably more than playing somewhere that at least might have felt a bit more like home and delivered better results. I'm sure they'll win sooner or later for sure, I just wonder if it's going to have a knock on effect for their form over the course of the season. Teams are gonna up their game at Wembley. I can't see any sporting reason why you'd choose Wembley over say Craven Cottage, it gives the opposition too much incentive to raise their game.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Grupi Rookie - 126)

Postime: 698
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24074 Postuar 28 Gusht 2017, 06:35:17 Citim 
It's more about the size of the playing field rather than what the fans can do. Spurs' high press works very well on a smaller ground.
Lee Downing
(Grupi Rookie - 156)

Postime: 2494
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24075 Postuar 28 Gusht 2017, 10:47:10 Citim 
Spurs playing at Wembley with a capacity of 80,000 and only giving away teams 3,000 complete joke
Jon Day
(Grupi Pro - 11)

Postime: 10019
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24076 Postuar 28 Gusht 2017, 15:16:04 Citim 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ August 27th 2017,22:00:35 )

I can't see any sporting reason why you'd choose Wembley
Thats because the MAIN reason for choosing Wembley had nothing at all do with sport.
Joe Manifold
(Grupi Amateur - 125)

Postime: 12472
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24077 Postuar 28 Gusht 2017, 15:36:55 Citim 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ August 27th 2017,22:00:35 )

taking money out of the equation

But https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-08-2015/BVXSzi.gif
Abhishek Bhardwaj
(Grupi Amateur - 110)

Postime: 88
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #24078 Postuar 9 Dhjetor 2017, 16:29:53 Citim 
Well at least Moyes took one great decision - drop Joe Hart!
Kyle Morris
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 6688
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24079 Postuar 9 Dhjetor 2017, 16:30:43 Citim 
Now just Southgate needing to drop him out of the England squad
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24080 Postuar 10 Dhjetor 2017, 02:54:09 (Së fundi edituar 10 Dhjetor 2017, 02:58:37 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
Who on earth decided to put Northern Ireland in a West Bromwich Albion strip this season.

Actually, other way round.

They're certainly playing like ... well... how Northern Ireland played before 2014.

Baggies going down.

With Palace.

And probably Swansea.

Did anyone see that 5 yard pile driver from Wilfried Bony. I actually expected him to miss that for some reason :)

Anyway...hats off to Tammie Abraham...a man with real pedigree. Must've swallowed the Charlie Adam school of soccer book before that awful miss!

Nate Lung
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 585
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24081 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2018, 19:49:02 (Së fundi edituar 4 Shkurt 2018, 19:50:31 nga Nate Lung) Citim 
Take my comments with a grain of salt, I don't know how heavy my bias is since I'm a Spurs fan. But I feel the need to let out a bit of a rant about several things after that Liverpool game.

I'm not trying to spark a debate, so if no one responds, that's just fine. I just need to let some of this out.

1.) Unbelievable goal by Wanyama. Never seen such a hard shot. (Still haven't... it was moving too fast to see.)

2.) The analysts on NBC don't know the laws of the game as well as they think they do. Is Kane in an offsides position when the ball is played? YES. What do they say? "There's zero question. He's offsides, the officials screwed that up." But wait. What about the touch from the defender? He's unchallenged, the ball is rolling to him, and he botches it. If the referee feels that is the case, offsides is nullified. Granted, its not maybe that clear, but still enough to warrant comment as to hint that the referees may actually know more than the commentators? I'm sick of commentators and analysts absolutely trashing on refs because they think they know everything.

2.) After that, a penalty for Kane? Technically, I'd say yes. My guess is pretty much every ref in the world would have given that. But I also don't think I could fault one for NOT giving it.

3.) Horrid penalty. Kane scores goals for a living? Why be cheeky when you can put some pace behind it in a corner and the keeper is likely not getting there?

3B.) Okay, so in general, I'm sick of referees who don't enforce when players are in the box early. But come on. Theres a Liverpool player standing in the box well before the kick and he never leaves. That should have AT LEAST been dealt with before allowing Kane to even take the kick.

4.) My word. A few dumb decisions by Spurs players, but still, Salah with one of the best goals I've ever seen.

5.) Again, back to the analysts. "For me, Van Dijk never sees Lamela. He's swinging for the ball, and Lamela steps in front. Certainly not a penalty." Oh, good to know. As long as I don't see the guy before i put my spikes into his face, its good to know I shouldn't be penalized. Like, what kind of comment is that? Saying it isn't a foul just because he didn't see his opponent?

My opinions, summarized:

Kane offisides. (But there is a potentially legit argument for him not being so.)
Kane fouled. (Think in reverse. Kane deserves a yellow for diving. I don't agree with that, so its a PK.)
Salah with the best goal I've seen in a long time.
Lamela fouled. (Nothing excessive. Just a foul that happens to be in the area.)
Much better penalty from Kane.

Thinking about somewhat contrasting halves... I think the draw is deserved.
Michael Keeney
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 13519
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24082 Postuar 16 Gusht 2018, 01:03:38 Citim 
https://www.90min.com/posts/6001512-shut-out-the-11-goalkeep...

Joe Hart number 11 with potential to reach 3rd on that list. Interesting
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #24083 Postuar 16 Gusht 2018, 01:50:13 (Së fundi edituar 16 Gusht 2018, 01:58:15 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
He's behind a goalkeeper who did not play for a top 4 side for most of the 399 games he played (Howard). I would say for a keeper who spent most of his 300+ games in a top 4 side, being below Howard is nothing to get excited about. Not when he's likely to be on the bench by about September anyway. Good keeper's need to start games to keep more clean sheets - and Pope and Heaton are both better than him at this stage I feel.

My belief is Joe Hart will be playing for someone like Watford or Fulham by next season. Or fumbling around the championship or maybe Rangers in Scotland - laughing at being beaten at his near post from Leigh Griffiths (again). Top keepers don't laugh at their own stupidity. Stats never tell the whole story.
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 802 [803804 805 806 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > English Premier League - all seasons Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë