Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Why Monaco should be kept Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 [23 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Forumi sondazh teme
Do you think Monaco should be kept on the Calendar (FTR I vote yes)
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Why Monaco should be kept 83 përgjigje
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 01:52:49 (Së fundi edituar 28 Maj 2012, 02:00:47 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ May 27th 2012,23:16:49 )

It is a terrible race track

From a sporting perspective it should obviously be dropped.

Well, some drivers seem to enjoy it a lot. For sure it might not be the best for a spectator, but it does require a lot more concentration from the drivers compared to any other track, as the slightest mistake or judgement error will trow one in the wall. It's quite an unforgiving track and as such it does have sporting value.

So it might have some "sporting merit" afterall, eventhough the perspective of evaluation might not be the same for all.

However...
Quote ( Sion Francis @ May 27th 2012,23:16:49 )

that presumably makes the "sport" a fortune. For presumably financial reasons this is unlikely. Luckily the actual reasons for not dropping the race can be hidden under the guise of tradition.

I think there you are on to something :)

They dress it up and call it "ambiance".

Everyone linked to F1 will tell you that Monaco is not just about the race, it's about ambiance, glamour etc.

Behind that vale I do think that there are millions of reasons for Bernie E. to keep the race :)

Personally I do like Monaco (It's not my nr. 1 favourite, but it's still quite high on the list) and hope the race stays there for a long time.

I also think that there is a place for 1 Monaco in the calendar. Any more same kind of tracks and it would be disastrous.
Merse Kovácsházi
(Grupi Amateur - 8)

Postime: 784
  Shteti:
Hungari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 01:59:55 Citim 
Monaco F1 is like the Indy 500, the Daytona 500, the Le Mans 24h, or the Mille Miglia. A part of car racing history would die if there wouldn't be any more Formula 1 GP in Monaco.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 02:02:58 (Së fundi edituar 28 Maj 2012, 02:03:18 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Merse Kovácsházi @ May 28th 2012,01:59:55 )

Monaco F1 is like the Indy 500, the Daytona 500, the Le Mans 24h, or the Mille Miglia.

Race series can and should have a "special event", and as Merse demonstrated also many other series have such a thing.
Tom Stamper
(Grupi Rookie - 181)

Postime: 479
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 02:12:39 Citim 
If you presented the Monaco circuit to F1 today, without all that legacy, you would be shown the door within seconds, and told to feck off for being so ridiculous. It's a bloody good thing Monaco has so much history! :-)
Mike Becnel
(Grupi Amateur - 60)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 5866
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 02:44:05 Citim 
All this talk about tradition and history is nice and makes for great things to talk about on TV but Monaco is about one thing and one thing only - money. This is where sponsors are signed and this is where the teams give those sponsors acccess to the elite of the entire world. Monaco weekend is an amazing venue for anybody selling to the top of the food chain beause the top of the economic food chain is at Monaco.

The race will be there a LONG time.

I yawn through the race every year...but I watch it every year.
Alan Milligan
(Grupi Amateur - 17)

Postime: 621
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 03:11:01 Citim 
Quote ( Mike Becnel @ May 28th 2012,02:44:05 )

Monaco is about one thing and one thing only - money.

That's simply not true. You can't just state something like that without reasoning and expect it to magically be true. Monaco is a great race track that forces all the drivers to become great drivers! Today you saw great drivers all day running nose to tail inches from the metal barriers around the fantastic twisty streets of Monaco. Just because they can't overtake, it doesn't mean it's lame. It makes it all that much more important to ensure that you make absolutely 0 mistakes. The trill of Monaco is something I love, and I feel bad for the people who fail to get it.
Cristian Morales
(Grupi Rookie - 139)

Postime: 4567
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 03:23:05 Citim 
Couldn't we say Singapore is 21st century Monaco?

Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ May 28th 2012,00:29:54 )

Take it you haven't heard the likelyhood that it'll be on a rotation basis paired with Paul Ricard
why not swapping it with Monaco?
Quote ( Tom Humphrey @ May 28th 2012,00:40:01 )

I think it's very important for drivers to demonstrate the unique set of skills and concentration
there are a lot more slow, I mean street, tracks
Quote ( Tom Humphrey @ May 28th 2012,00:40:01 )

Has anyone got any suggestions for a new Monaco layout?
Quote ( Cristian Morales @ May 27th 2012,23:37:06 )

Maybe creating an hibrid track wherever they find space can be good for formula one
Quote ( Ian Sears @ May 28th 2012,01:29:29 )

If I recall, it was a track that hasn't changed much at all despite the newer speeds each year of F1
you mean Silverstone? Spa? They both were going out a couple seasons ago
Quote ( Ian Sears @ May 28th 2012,01:29:29 )

Anyone remember the far more recent Hockenheim long track?
Nurburgring 24H was a week ago
Quote ( Alan Milligan @ May 28th 2012,01:45:41 )

Every driver in the world wants to race at Monaco
then make them go rallying
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 28th 2012,01:52:49 )

Everyone linked to F1 will tell you that Monaco is not just about the race, it's about ambiance, glamour etc.
Well, aren't there more categories that do Monaco?
Quote ( Tom Stamper @ May 28th 2012,02:12:39 )

If you presented the Monaco circuit to F1 today, without all that legacy, you would be shown the door within seconds, and told to feck off for being so ridiculous.
Unless your name is Hermann Tilke <- Read Singapore or Valencia

But thinking better of it, this has a lot of reason
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 28th 2012,01:52:49 )

I also think that there is a place for 1 Monaco in the calendar. Any more same kind of tracks and it would be disastrous.
Race is bored, but it may be worth, I still watch it, I hate it because I know I won't be there (why on Earth would I like to go to Monaco? Oh yes, culture, forget the why on earth thing) but I won't go for being 3rd world (don't take Argentina into 3rd world into discussion please)
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 246)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 03:24:28 Citim 
Quote ( Cristian Morales @ May 28th 2012,03:23:05 )

Couldn't we say Singapore is 21st century Monaco?

No.
Because you can overtake a car at Singapore that's under 5 seconds slower than you.
Cristian Morales
(Grupi Rookie - 139)

Postime: 4567
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 03:26:08 Citim 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 28th 2012,03:24:28 )

Because you can overtake a car at Singapore that's under 5 seconds slower than you.
Not completelly true, but I meant by the money and the people there, a lot of famous people go to Singapore
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 246)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 03:35:57 Citim 
Right, in that sense yeah
but it will be the same with the American one next year, with actors and stuff like that watching. Maybe even Obama :P
and The Rock dropping a peoples elbow on Vettel's monocoque
Peter Franklin
(Grupi Amateur - 27)

Postime: 2403
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 04:24:01 Citim 
Monaco should just stay, mainly due to its history.. Really you only hear about people saying it should no longer be on the calender, its all you hear, BUT if they did take it off, well then, thats when everyone will come out and protest, its got to much history to let go, and the drivers will never alow it, fans say they dont like it, pfft, to bad for them, they will never be good enough to drive an F1 car in the first place. Who has ever heard a driver say they hate monaco or dont want it on the calender? never? yep thats right.

Its a great track, just because its so hard to pass at, who cares, its one place were real talent is shown because its so difficult, you cant win at monaco if you dont have talent and a good car, its an exciting track, why would you want it gone, how boring a F1 season would be without monaco, its still the most watched Formula 1 race on the calender, doesn't that say enough?
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 1220
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #42 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 04:49:31 (Së fundi edituar 28 Maj 2012, 04:50:14 nga Tajinder Singh) Citim 
monaco really tests the limits of the driver. they need 100% concentration to drive around the track. there is no room for error at that track. monaco is not about speed but about skill. do you know that fairmount hotel tunnel, well thats the most tricky part. driver has to adjust from bright light to dim lights and bavk to bright in a fraction of seconds.
and lastly who doesn't love the all night parties and the glamour and rich beautiful models? :D
Peter Franklin
(Grupi Amateur - 27)

Postime: 2403
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #43 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 07:00:29 Citim 
Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ May 28th 2012,04:49:31 )

beautiful models? :D

AND PEOPLE WANT TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM THE CAELDNER :O
they must be.. better not say that, i dont want to offend any one lol :P
Ivan Kaunitz
(Grupi Rookie - 217)

Postime: 716
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #44 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 07:31:36 Citim 
is a classic,what would be of F1 without Monaco?
Arnaud Malherbe
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 41
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #45 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 08:31:33 Citim 
The problem with Monaco is that the race is mainly run on Saturday. Sunday is just a procession of cars, staying in the same order.

They may as well scrap the race and just do the qualifying! On the other hand, it is beautiful and historic. If they can find a way to make it more "racy", ie create overtaking spots, or have pit stops for fuel, or even different tyre makes, which could lead to different strategies, it would be much better.

I love watching racing at Monaco, but really struggled to stay awake yesterday...
Kostas Projas
(Grupi Rookie - 283)

Postime: 257
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #46 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 09:05:05 Citim 
everyone who saw the monaco F1 race live knows why this GP must stay in F1 calendar.the only GP in F1 where the driver counts 80%,its like lauda sayd:"To be fast in Monaco,you dont need to have the fastest car,you need guts....big guts".
Scott Reed
(Grupi Rookie - 260)

Postime: 308
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #47 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 09:07:38 Citim 
Quote ( Kostas Projas @ May 28th 2012,09:05:05 )

its like lauda sayd:"To be fast in Monaco,you dont need to have the fastest car,you need guts....big guts".
agreed
Joe Hutchinson
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Postime: 77
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #48 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 09:10:51 Citim 
at the end of the day monaco is a huge advertisement for all of motorsport!
Eimantas Zdanys
(Grupi Amateur - 17)

Postime: 11
  Shteti:
Lituani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #49 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 09:11:00 Citim 
Quote ( Peter Franklin @ May 28th 2012,04:24:01 )

Who has ever heard a driver say they hate monaco or dont want it on the calender?

"The Brazilian had made no secret coming into qualifying that Monaco did not suit his driving style; saying "I don't like Monaco, I am not having fun driving here." link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7418396.stm
Alex Stapleton
(Grupi Rookie - 243)

Postime: 92
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #50 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 10:50:25 Citim 
This topic occurs year in year out. I like to keep it because it is really a test of drivers concentration. Yesterday the top 6 in the race had a stalemate in terms of not making errors but that's because they are amongst the best in the world. The increase in reliability and the need to conserve parts, I'm not only talking about tyres here, has also meant that the spectacle yesterday to the viewer was fairly boring.
It was tense, I was sat on my seat waiting for a mistake which did not occur from the top 6.
Kenneth Finlayson
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Postime: 578
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #51 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 11:17:04 Citim 
maybe i was warching a diffrent race but I was on the edge of my seat , will it rain the 6 leader all so close one mistike by on of them cost of cost them all ect ect , so there littie to no overtakes but im sure if you drove round monaco for 2 hours at some point you end up in the harbor !
I will agree that there are better races for the spectator japan, silverstone spa ect ect

F1 isn't about real hardcore raceing , its about skill, strategy and courage.Monaco gives you all these things
if its overtakeing you after warch Nascar,indycar, GTA ect ect

Cale Murray
(Grupi Pro - 6)

Postime: 4072
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #52 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 12:27:46 Citim 
Quote ( Jack Benson @ May 27th 2012,22:24:08 )

Ok, on an F1 forum elsewhere on the web, one socalled 'F1 fan' said that Monaco was a procession and should therefor be scrapped from the calendar

so because i think that i am not an f1 fan ?even though i have watch motor racing before you were born.

Quote ( Jack Benson @ May 27th 2012,22:24:08 )

Dropping Monaco from the calendar would be like dropping the Daytona 500, Indy 500, or 24 Hour Le Mans

the difference with these eg is Daytona is the same as any other oval probably better if you like oval same as Indy and well LeMans isn't even in a real series and it is 24 hrs and a great track so really your point ?
Mihai Mihaescu
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Postime: 321
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #53 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 12:45:10 Citim 
No.
Monaco GP is not a race but a procession. An opportunity for teams/drivers to show off their cars. All the arguments about glamor, history and all that don't mean anything for the issue at hand: no racing. I can see how exiting must be for the drivers - going so fast so close to the barriers - but even they must feel frustrated about the lack of racing (see Button's race yesterday).
Aniruddh Bhadra
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Postime: 186
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #54 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 12:48:21 Citim 
There are nearly 16 races on the calender where you get to witness some exciting moves, i think its ok to have that one off extra slim street circuit where Qualifying well is absolutely paramount.

Besides, its the Holy Grail, its tradition, IT IS Formula 1.
Kiran Patel
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 173
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (4)
Postim i vjeter #55 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 12:55:59 Citim 

monaco really tests the limits of the driver. they need 100% concentration to drive around the track.

Not true this season. Driver's were being told to preserve tyres, therefore holding back the true pace of the car, therefore less likely to make errors and crash.

For me, Monaco needs to be culled from the calender. There's no place for it, in modern F1. Instead Monaco should be used like Goodwood is, driving around classic cars of the bygone era.
Petrus Taskila
(Grupi Rookie - 295)

Postime: 1772
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #56 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 12:59:09 Citim 
Of course, it's one of the most legendary races in F1.
Although it sometimes is quite boring, everything can happen there.
Janarthanan Siva Kumar
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 685
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #57 Postuar 28 Maj 2012, 13:09:00 Citim 
Quote ( Kiran Patel @ May 28th 2012,12:55:59 )

For me, Monaco needs to be culled from the calender.

Huge NO.

It is the crown event of F-1.It might be a boring one for spectators.Think for drivers.How hard they have to drive through street corners in F-1 cars?
Jack Benson
(Grupi Rookie - 313)

Postime: 2539
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #58 Postuar 29 Maj 2012, 22:46:32 Citim 
Quote ( Cale Murray @ May 28th 2012,12:27:46 )

so because i think that i am not an f1 fan ?even though i have watch motor racing before you were born.

So why have you made an assumption I am a teenager? Are you a stalker, and if you are you got the wrong guy.
Sion Francis
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 6613
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #59 Postuar 29 Maj 2012, 22:55:07 Citim 
Quote ( Jack Benson @ May 29th 2012,22:46:32 )

So why have you made an assumption I am a teenager?

Ummm, based on a birthdate of august 13th 1988, I was watching F1 before you were born. That's just a fact, nothing more.
Leonardo Bittencourt
(Grupi Amateur - 7)

Postime: 990
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #60 Postuar 29 Maj 2012, 22:56:22 Citim 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ May 28th 2012,00:10:46 )

Monaco, unlike most of the other races on the calender (except Monza) does not pay any hosting fee to FOM. So, how does it make so much money to F1 that it is indispensible?

Advertising? Celebrities? There are a probably a lot of people who benefit from Monaco.

Personaly, I have grown to dislike Monaco a lot, because the focus ends up not being much about the race but the infrastructure around it, the celebrities, the boats, the rich cars. I absolutely dislike celebrities and such display of wealth, considering the world we live in, the people who walk around there doing nothing but "showing" themselves off to the media to grab attention is just disgusting. Once I started looking at it from this side, I have come to dislike monaco a lot and wouldn't bother me to see it go.

As far as the racing goes, it is always pretty meh unless it rains. I was just thinking that perhaps Monaco could become a night race as well? Semi-yearly? Who knows. All I know is that to me the race needs something else to appeal to people like me who don't give a rats ass to royalty or celebrities showing off how much money they have.

I would want the race to stand on its merit not on the supposed "charm" it has around it.
The only racing merits I find on monaco is:
-Challenging, street circuits are challenging no doubt about it
-Smallest gap of the year, small teams can get good results
-When it rains it is great, when it rains of course...
Faqe « 1 [23 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Why Monaco should be kept Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë