Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Reward Points Adverts/Promotions Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 ... 24 25 26 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: Reward Points Adverts/Promotions 765 përgjigje
Danny Bayliss
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 508
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #271 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 01:32:20 Citim 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ April 30th 2013,00:09:42 )

You are right of course Jody, it does say no ads for supporters and there are indeed ads for supporters.

I think the reason some people are saying 'so what?' is two fold.

It is so ridiculously trivial, one click.
You get free credits, so although it can be seen as an advert, you are getting paid for it.

In the scheme of things, a quick advert once every 24 hours that I can click off in less than a second (Or indeed click if it looks interesting) for some free stuff, is not something a lot of us will mind at all. A week into it and I dont even notice it. I think this is more about change, than anything. Humans in general are adverse (Excuse the pun) to change!

Come off it Keri, your still giving a one sided view point, its nothing to do with change. making out that the people that have complained about this are people that are stuck in their ways.

And its nothing to do with the action of going past the advert everyday either, or getting something (however small) in return for GPRO boycotting an agreement.

Its principal. And maybe that don't mean a lot to some, but the people that have contested this decision are the ones looking at the bigger picture, and in the words of Jody.

Quote ( Jody Parker @ April 29th 2013,04:50:42 )

If team GPRO can skimp on one promise for supporting then how many other areas can they skimp on as well, is what I wonder then.

If people never spoke up when something was taken away from then (especially something that they are paying for) without consultation or without even recognition, then what?

Its fair to challenge this, just a shame you can't see it.

Jensen Owens
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Postime: 6400
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #272 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 02:26:49 Citim 
Accumulated reward points 87

what we all got ?
Jaime Elizondo
(Grupi Amateur - 29)

Postime: 1457
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #273 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 02:30:53 Citim 
63 ):
Jensen Owens
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Postime: 6400
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #274 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 02:50:23 Citim 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ April 28th 2013,18:36:39 )

To wrap up the statistics, the total sum of reward points given to all players is currently at 530601 points, which is around 530.6 supporter credits.

Why don't we select a charity at the end of the year we give it to ?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #275 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 06:20:32 (Së fundi edituar 30 Prill 2013, 06:32:15 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 

While the PPM advert adds something new in the form of reward points it is still an advert and as such should still not be visible to paying supporters. The Support GPRO page still states "No advertismements in the game".

The fuss is not about the extra click, or a slight distraction, but about not getting what is promised as a customer paying for a service.

My opinion here is that anyone paying for having no advertisments in the game should be able to get no advertisements in the game.

This, for me at least, includes everything from the point of clicking the login button.

Although it is a matter of opinion, when the reward system thingy is shown, as I see it you're not actually yet "in the game", so in a way the promise of freedom of adds in the game is not broken.

As I see it, you're only on the "landing page" and not yet in

Granted as mentioned it is a matter of perspective.

Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,01:32:20 )

If people never spoke up when something was taken away from then (especially something that they are paying for) without consultation or without even recognition, then what?

In some ways there might be merit to that, but thenagain are they really taking something away ?

It could also be seen as giving more. (in form of free supporter credits)

And as stated above, the reward thingy can also be seen as "not in the game", it's before one is logged in...

But that ofc. is my humble view on this.
Alihan Zor
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 1366
  Shteti:
Turqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #276 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 08:51:18 Citim 
I gained 15 points today But really don't know how I gained
Jos Kwan
(Grupi Rookie - 356)

Postime: 577
  Shteti:
Malajzi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #277 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 09:03:42 Citim 
Yesterday i get 1 point only. How the point system go for? Based on the time spent on GPRO a day?
Alan Horsley
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Postime: 2084
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #278 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 09:25:24 Citim 
Maybe it's based on how much you suck up to the admins.

who are great by the way :)
Josh Clark
(Grupi Rookie - 41)

Postime: 6667
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #279 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 09:30:16 Citim 
I'm on 86, just got another 13 today signing it at 8:20 :P
Nadeem Parks
(Grupi Amateur - 38)

Postime: 7
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #280 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 10:39:55 Citim 
where do you actually see how many points you have gained thus far?
Jenne Breugelmans
(Grupi Amateur - 15)

Postime: 361
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #281 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 10:44:42 Citim 
/gb/RewardPoints.asp
Wopke Hoekstra
(Grupi Rookie - 176)

Postime: 4685
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #282 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 10:49:37 Citim 
GPRO is not breaking any rule. It's logging you in, this means you are NOT in the game yet.

The supporter feature states: 'No advertisements in the game'.

GPRO is not breaking the agreement, they just found a way around it. You can't blame them for doing that, it's just what happens in life every day.

As long as they don't give me advertisements IN the game, I'm fine. But I don't see why you people are saying that they are breaking the agreement of no advertisements in the game. It says: 'You are now being logged in...' for a reason.. Think about it.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Amateur - 72)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 14356
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #283 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 10:49:45 Citim 
Quote ( Nadeem Parks @ April 30th 2013,10:39:55 )

where do you actually see how many points you have gained thus far?

Or to click through, go to your supporter credits (just click on the total from the home page is the quickest way) and then the tab on the right is your reward points.
Danny Bayliss
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #284 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:01:34 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 30th 2013,06:20:32 )

In some ways there might be merit to that, but thenagain are they really taking something away ?

It could also be seen as giving more. (in form of free supporter credits)

Yeah, they are. They are taking away what was a advert free experience (an experience that was promised as part of paying supporter), without even so much as an announcement.

Obviously some people would prefer to experience some ads for this reward system, and some don't, but the agreement was no ads, maybe rather than forcing this change on people it would have been wise for Vlad to have given people the choice that are supporters.

It would have changed the whole feeling.

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 30th 2013,06:20:32 )

the reward thingy can also be seen as "not in the game", it's before one is logged in...

Personally think this is a poor argument.

Its directly after the login page, clearly we have logged in. And even if this was not the case, it changes the idea and feeling of what an 'agreement' with GPRO is.
Ivan Salfa
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Postime: 988
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #285 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:12:01 Citim 
Maybe the feature should only be available to non supporters.
In that way, they to can also get a real glimpse of the 'perks' of being a supporter once every 250 races..
Wopke Hoekstra
(Grupi Rookie - 176)

Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #286 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:20:03 Citim 
Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,11:01:34 )

Personally think this is a poor argument.

Its directly after the login page, clearly we have logged in. And even if this was not the case, it changes the idea and feeling of what an 'agreement' with GPRO is.

It's not a poor argument. You are being logged in, that's what it clearly states. Being logged in is not the same as logged in.

And I don't see what you are trying to say with GPRO not keeping their 'agreement'. The agreement is clear, and GPRO is not doing anything wrong by giving supporter 1 advertisement/day when they are being logged in.
Krasen Belev
(Grupi Rookie - 185)

Postime: 4125
  Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #287 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:23:42 Citim 
I still don't understood how we get these points :D I have 65 points and today i get 9,yesterday i get 2 and i was log in at same time...There is no logic....
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #288 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:25:59 (Së fundi edituar 30 Prill 2013, 11:26:29 nga Michael Winkley) Citim 
Occasionally, when logged in but apparently inactive for a period of time, I load a new page on the forum to find that I have been logged out, and that there is an advert on the page.
Does it bother me? Not in the slightest; I just click the login button, then login again (so two button presses) and it is gone. I don't get any rewards points in that scenario.
Why is this any different to seeing an advert on one login per day?
Danny Bayliss
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #289 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:29:29 Citim 
Quote ( Wopke Hoekstra @ April 30th 2013,11:20:03 )

It's not a poor argument. You are being logged in, that's what it clearly states. Being logged in is not the same as logged in

If I have physically entered my user name and password, and hit the enter button I'm logged in.

If I have mails, I can see the icon from the advert page, but once again this is not just a poor argument in this sense, do GPRO really want to stand behind this sort of stance to cover up the fact that they have broken an experience that people have paid for?

Quote ( Wopke Hoekstra @ April 30th 2013,11:20:03 )

And I don't see what you are trying to say with GPRO not keeping their 'agreement'. The agreement is clear, and GPRO is not doing anything wrong by giving supporter 1 advertisement/day when they are being logged in.

I think the point being made by anyone the is contesting the advert is pretty clear, and like I say above I strongly contest this observation its before log in, clearly its not.
Thomas Wesker
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Postime: 1661
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #290 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:33:36 Citim 
If it really bothers you guys to click on one more button to log in, without even having to click on any advert, then don't login anymore.

Simples.
Wopke Hoekstra
(Grupi Rookie - 176)

Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #291 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:36:59 Citim 
Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,11:29:29 )

If I have physically entered my user name and password, and hit the enter button I'm logged in.

I know that you are right with the fact that you are already logged in, but by showing it on the page that says you are BEING logged in, which means that the site is still loading, it's processing your login etc., they don't actually give an advertisement in the game. It's a so called loophole. However,

Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,11:29:29 )

If I have mails, I can see the icon from the advert page

This wasn't really smart of GPRO, now people will know that in fact they are already logged in.

But I remain with my point of view that, if you are being logged in, you are not logged in yet as it's still processing your log in. Pressing a button doesn't mean you're automatically there. GPRO wouldn't be the first site with pages like this where you have to wait till you are logged in, because it's still processing stuff.
So, as long as they remain with this advertisement only on that page, I think it's fine. You may have a different opinion, but to me the words are pretty clear.
Keijo Derneiko
(Grupi Amateur - 32)

Postime: 157
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #292 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:41:32 Citim 
I agree with everybody that are upset here lol.

Obviously we are already logged in when we see these ads. As somebody said, we see if we have new mail and these points we get are linked with our account.

Pretty sure I will not renew my supporter credits once they run out. Not that it bothers me that much, but it's just a matter of principle.
Danny Bayliss
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #293 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:42:59 (Së fundi edituar 30 Prill 2013, 11:44:43 nga Danny Bayliss) Citim 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ April 30th 2013,11:25:59 )

Occasionally, when logged in but apparently inactive for a period of time, I load a new page on the forum to find that I have been logged out, and that there is an advert on the page.
Does it bother me? Not in the slightest; I just click the login button, then login again (so two button presses) and it is gone. I don't get any rewards points in that scenario.
Why is this any different to seeing an advert on one login per day?

Yeah that appeared not long before the ad page, if you are refering to the one above the login bit, I see the point you are trying to make, its not the biggest chore skip the ad page, but its the bigger picture that's being discussed, not the physical action.

Quote ( Thomas Wesker @ April 30th 2013,11:33:36 )

If it really bothers you guys to click on one more button to log in, without even having to click on any advert, then don't login anymore.

Simples.

Come on man, if people didn't have alternative opinions the world would be a much duller place, to tell people to go away if they have a different opinion is pretty poor, and I would be disappointed if GPRO took this sort of view of different perception.

Quote ( Wopke Hoekstra @ April 30th 2013,11:36:59 )

if you are being logged in, you are not logged in yet as it's still processing your log in

Thats what the text says. but the reality is different.
Nathan Skelly
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 581
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #294 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:52:24 Citim 
"It's just one click"

Until we get used to it, and then they will add another click somewhere, and then another.

A big part of the reason i pay to be a supporter is to do away with the ads.

This one is far more intrusive than any banner that is on the top of the screen, you have no choice but to notice it.

In all seriousness I will be reconsidering renewing my supporter status when this lot runs out
Wopke Hoekstra
(Grupi Rookie - 176)

Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #295 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 11:55:34 Citim 
Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,11:42:59 )

Thats what the text says. but the reality is different.

I know, but if they had covered it better, nobody would've noticed. And of course the reality is different, but because of that text you cannot blame them for breaking the agreement of 'No advertisements in the game'. Unfortunately
Danny Bayliss
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #296 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 12:05:02 Citim 
Quote ( Wopke Hoekstra @ April 30th 2013,11:55:34 )

I know, but if they had covered it better, nobody would've noticed. And of course the reality is different, but because of that text you cannot blame them for breaking the agreement of 'No advertisements in the game'. Unfortunately

Oh man, of course I or anyone else can have this viewpoint. I can write down many things, don't mean they are true. Its the truth I'm interested in, not what GPRO tell me.

Quote ( Wopke Hoekstra @ April 30th 2013,11:55:34 )

In all seriousness I will be reconsidering renewing my supporter status when this lot runs out

Heard this opinion from a few different people I've spoken to, I have always promoted supporter heavily to everyone I have spoken to, but unfortunately as a team we are in process of converting our tools to both supporter and non supporter to give people the choice in future.
Thomas Wesker
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Postime: 1661
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #297 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 12:15:45 Citim 
Quote ( Danny Bayliss @ April 30th 2013,11:42:59 )

Come on man, if people didn't have alternative opinions the world would be a much duller place, to tell people to go away if they have a different opinion is pretty poor, and I would be disappointed if GPRO took this sort of view of different perception.

But it's only one more button. However, if there would be more in the future, then I would agree. If one button can help GPRO survive and rewards the admin, then so be it.
Alex Cragg
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 231
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #298 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 14:03:11 Citim 
Quote ( Thomas Wesker @ April 30th 2013,11:33:36 )

Simples.

Seriously thinking about it.

Since I don't have a brown tounge and actually bother to voice obvious arguments I wonder how much more often I'll get things like slower Q1 than practice laps and it's all futile from now on anyway.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupi Rookie - 376)

Postime: 7849
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #299 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 14:08:42 Citim 
think maybe you are a little paranoid ;)
Mick Ridley
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 2604
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #300 Postuar 30 Prill 2013, 14:09:25 Citim 
+1 :D
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 ... 24 25 26 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Reward Points Adverts/Promotions Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë