Faqe « 1 [23 4 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: easier overtakes 95 përgjigje
Rohan Rao
(Grupi Rookie - 295)

Postime: 9
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 09:51:26 (Së fundi edituar 8 Prill 2014, 09:54:21 nga Rohan Rao) Citim 
I wish you could change from one compound to another compound of tyres when a driver is pitting. Example from Soft to Medium compound in the first stop.
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Amateur - 93)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 09:55:30 Citim 
I'm not sure why people say less hard overtaking would reduce the available strategies. As far as I've realised so far, the hard overtaking makes the strategy that puts you ahead after the last pit stop the most viable almost always, precisely because you know it is very unlikely you will be overtaken after that. With easier overtaking you have to take in consideration the possibility you will be overtaken even if you are ahead after everybody have done their last pit stop, so there are more viable strategies to think about.
Matt Kasar
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 2239
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 10:20:31 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 8th 2014,09:37:25 )

Well... that ofc. is depending on what is defined as "mistake".

But for the sake of this exercise let's put it this way: When defending a.k.a "making car wide" it is possible to make an "error" (i,e take a bit too wide line) which gives the overtaker the necessary "window of opportunity".

Currently in gpro that is quite unlikely, as it's most commonly no DM at all for the defending driver, and 5-9s DM for the overataker.

Here you may have hit upon a good point to address mikko. A DM is a pretty huge thing.... with a train of cars behind you that can easily lose you 5 or even 10 places (I know people will have experienced more than that on occasion too)
What could improve things specifically for overtaking purposes is the introduction of a small or minor DM. An error which means the guy behind is able to force his way through but less severe than actually going off the circuit and losing 10 places.
Stijn Everaerts
(Grupi Rookie - 333)

Postime: 1269
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 12:12:31 Citim 
for helping better overtaking couldn't the laptimes have bigger differences.
I think overtaking depends on risks defending, attacking and laptimes.
If the average speed now is 1m20sec for a lap could the differences be bigger, so instead of 1m19.5 and 1m20.5 going to 1m22s and 1m18sec.
If the first driver has a bad lap and the second on a good one the chances of overtaking will be higher.
Next lap it can be the same but in different order of drivers.
This way you can get multiple overtakings in the laps.
if drivers have the same speed and +- the same risks it could be a tense race instead of waiting for that one little overtaking...
Jody Parker
(Grupi Amateur - 90)

Postime: 767
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 12:22:44 Citim 
My take on overtaking and defending, though not necessarily what is in the game system currently:

When overtaking the driver attempts to speed up slightly at the overtaking moments,
entering a curve slightly faster on the inside,
speeding up slightly earlier going out of a curve,
using slipstream to gain more speed during a long straight,
or any other means of going fast enough to pass a car and keeping ahead of it.
While doing this I see the increased chance of DM's though I would be thinking they'd be "mini-DM's" rather than the full blown ones seen today.
Potentially perhaps reduce the lenght of the DM's happening due to overtaking tries even if not the amount?

When defending the driver attempts to make his car wide while maintaining as much pace as that allows.
This for me also means the driver goes slightly slower around the track as optimal lines are not rigorously followed, but for defend/overtaking purposes the pace is counted as normal as it makes overtaking more difficult (that is if game counts speed difference as a measure of success/fail on overtaking).
As for DM's, sure, they probably happen just as much but, as someone pointed out, in the "going a bit wide" scenario type, thus potentially not losing any more speed on the DM than during a regular blocking lap but during the DM increasing the success chance of being overtaken.

@Matt Kasar's suggestion of a small and a minor, not just one but both, would be good in my opinion. Small for Overtaking DM's, minor for Defend DM's, while setting Blocking Risks to give a slight, very, very slight, reduction of speed and Overtaking Risks giving a slight, again very slight, increase in speed during the successful overtaking lap.
Janne Väänänen
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 4888
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 13:10:58 Citim 
Blocking must remain a valid strategy in GPRO imo, because at the moment the prospect of blocking is the sole factor that makes you think about your strategy. The only change I would advocate is a bigger difference between drivers who are good overtakers/blockers and bad overtakers/blockers.
Luca Bertani
(Grupi Amateur - 48)

Postime: 3580
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 13:12:24 Citim 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ April 8th 2014,13:10:58 )

Blocking must remain a valid strategy in GPRO imo, because at the moment the prospect of blocking is the sole factor that makes you think about your strategy. The only change I would advocate is a bigger difference between drivers who are good overtakers/blockers and bad overtakers/blockers.

Agree completely :)
Toms Zariņš
(Grupi Amateur - 124)

Postime: 48
  Shteti:
Letoni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 13:26:07 Citim 
in my point of you very simply saying:

qualifying would have no seance, if overtaking would get much easier! So, learn to live with the fact, that you have to be fast not only in race!
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 8 Prill 2014, 13:26:50 Citim 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ April 8th 2014,13:10:58 )

The only change I would advocate is a bigger difference between drivers who are good overtakers/blockers and bad overtakers/blockers.

That's what I'm looking for.
Emmanuel Manfre
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 987
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (7)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 18:01:27 Citim 
The principle is acceptable but the way is awfull.

Yesterday I ran risk 0/0/0, but I blocked many people on easy overtaking track. And I made a defend DM.

So explain me what kind of settings I can put ????????????

We are complaining for YEARS about that nonsense way of racing, with groups of 20 managers just expecting their DM and praying not to get the last one. You call it fun ? You call it playing ?

We are HUNDREDS suffering this fact. I think it's ENOUGH.
Jukka Sireni2
(Grupi Master - 4)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 3870
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 18:12:04 Citim 
For me your DM seems at least as much of an overtake attempt DM as a defend DM (if there is any point making a difference between them).

I'm not too happy about how DM's work. They should be more random. But overtaking shouldn't be easier.
Jody Parker
(Grupi Amateur - 116)

Postime: 767
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #42 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 18:25:51 Citim 
If overtaking should be easier, would be easier, then it should be because when attempting overtake one pushes faster, harder, than on other laps, meaning that if you overtake someone they could overtake you in the next few laps as they'd be pushing harder as it's their overtaking lap, even if you are the faster.

So in summary it's better that it's harder to overtake so slower cars don't overtake faster cars all the time as well. I bet that would be even MORE annoying for most people.
Daneks Britāls
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Postime: 14044
  Shteti:
Letoni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #43 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 18:47:16 Citim 
If ov/bl risk is 0 then DM also has to be 0. Otherwise here is no logic in this risk.
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #44 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 19:05:01 Citim 
The overtaking mechanism at is funniest is on wet races. You cross your fingers not to be behind the train blocker a few laps before your pitstop, because a DM there will mean you'll be dead last in the train, maybe even lagging a few seconds, when you're pitting.

It's a hilarious musical chair game. There are races where the blocker provokes dozens of DMs behind him. Normally he will be defeated by everybody in the train, because rarely a blocker on rain has a DM free race even on 0 BL risks, but the sorting of the rest of the people in the train is pure luck.

My main issue about the blocking mechanism is the high number of people per group. Being ahead in the grid is extremely important in the game due to that. Boost laps partially attenuated the issue of having a fast but demotivated driver whose qualys sucks. However, the grid position is still king. Now, I know that also happens in reality. However, in the game being behind double sucks because if you put low CT risks, you won't get a good result, whereas the success of high CT depends mainly on the positions after L1. If you're closely behind a blocker, your race is wrecked already unless some boost laps were enough to get rid of him. Instead, being ahead in the grid is a big advantage, because odds of being blocker are way lower (and if you're blocked, odds of an even slower train behind you are high nonetheless), so rarely your CT risks are wasted.

That, to me, is the main issue. Bad qualys are a recipe for disaster in the higher leagues, especially in Pro where money is scarce and expenditures are big, and it's a snowball effect: bad qualys, bad results, worse motivation, even worse qualys. Which is particularly ugly if the moti got low in the first place because of a badly timed random.

Hugo Merlin
(Grupi Amateur - 61)

Postime: 218
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #45 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 19:50:29 Citim 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ February 1st 2017,18:47:16 )

If ov/bl risk is 0 then DM also has to be 0. Otherwise here is no logic in this risk.

Or at least very close to 0 (zero)... instead of practically happening all the time as it is now.
Daneks Britāls
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Shteti:
Letoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #46 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 19:55:32 Citim 
Edwin,

IMO more problem is not quali+block strategy. More problem is bad quali+bad race pace but successfull force to front at lap 1.

It is normal thing if you trained your driver and upgraded your car to get a good quali. And then it's your decision to be a blocker. You earned your rights to decide. But if someone slow not only in race but also in quali block you by success in lap 1 is just plain wrong.
Rocco Stallone
(Grupi Rookie - 43)

Postime: 3130
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #47 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 21:57:38 (Së fundi edituar 1 Shkurt 2017, 22:04:25 nga Rocco Stallone) Citim 
Somehow I feel that this next race won't make anyone feel better about overtaking.

Ill never understand when people are like "yes!! Monaco" when it shows up on the next season calender.

Its like "yes!! Simulated parkway traffic!! Thanks Stefan!"
Andrei Harnicu
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 503
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #48 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 22:01:55 Citim 
I want blocking to be reworked. Why? Because You need above 1 sec faster in an EASY OVERTAKING TRACK. EASY!!! And bad quali, but good driver should have more chances.
Ignacio Belatti
(Grupi Amateur - 35)

Postime: 558
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (7)   Mospelqe kete postim (9)
Postim i vjeter #49 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 22:43:23 Citim 
People want easy overtaking when they are being blocked. I bet that if they start from pole and have a slower pace than their rivals they would say the opposite. They want less randoms but I bet they like when a rival gets one.

The way to be better is not to tweak the rules to ones favor, kids. Learn the rules, learn the game. Deal with it.
Jim Sikma
(Grupi Amateur - 103)

Postime: 607
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #50 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 22:52:47 Citim 
Quote ( Andrei Harnicu @ February 1st 2017,22:01:55 )

I want blocking to be reworked. Why? Because You need above 1 sec faster in an EASY OVERTAKING TRACK. EASY!!! And bad quali, but good driver should have more chances.

You get 9 really good chances to pass if you use your boost properly.
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 17)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #51 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 22:54:37 Citim 
If you have a good car and driver, Jim :)
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #52 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2017, 23:36:37 Citim 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ February 1st 2017,22:43:23 )

People want easy overtaking when they are being blocked. I bet that if they start from pole and have a slower pace than their rivals they would say the opposite. They want less randoms but I bet they like when a rival gets one.

The way to be better is not to tweak the rules to ones favor, kids. Learn the rules, learn the game. Deal with it.

That's an oversimplification. I don't like the overtaking mechanism and I'm usually one of the guys ahead. If anything, 0% odds of overtaking would favor me. Same for randoms. Randoms are more harmful for people who are on the edge, and I'm usually not, or to OBPers because an ill-timed random means failure if it happened at the OBP race, and I'm not and OBPer.

You could learn from Roland, Ignacio. He uses to suggest stuff which, if approved, would be harmful for him, but better for overall balance of the game.
Mike Brummert
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Postime: 5012
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #53 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 00:04:54 Citim 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 1st 2017,22:54:37 )

If you have a good car and driver, Jim :)

If you don't have a good car or driver, you already know what the problem is. Not overtake difficulty.
Emmanuel Manfre
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 987
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #54 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 01:04:54 Citim 

I don't mean rule's changing, teacher. I mean that 0 risk must give 0 DM and 0 block. Anything else is just non sense.

I was 0 risk. And I blocked people the whole race. It's unacceptable on an easy overtaking track.
Sven Bojkowski
(Grupi Amateur - 114)

Postime: 1207
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #55 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 07:13:49 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2017, 07:14:39 nga Sven Bojkowski) Citim 
Quote ( Emmanuel Manfre @ February 2nd 2017,01:04:54 )

I mean that 0 risk must give 0 DM and 0 block. Anything else is just non sense.

I was 0 risk. And I blocked people the whole race.

0 blocking risk doesn't mean your driver waves the blue flag and moves out of the way, even though it sounds like you feel that would make more sense.

Low block risk doesn't mean a free pass.

Your analysis completely ignores the risk settings of the cars behind you. Maybe they were running high defensive settings? Maybe they were the ones doing the blocking for you?
Daneks Britāls
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Shteti:
Letoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #56 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 07:55:20 Citim 
Monaco is the best track in gpro. And atm i'm one starting from behind.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 14440
  Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #57 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 08:12:53 Citim 

was 0 risk. And I blocked people the whole race. It's unacceptable on an easy overtaking track.
Quote ( Sven Bojkowski @ February 2nd 2017,07:13:49 )

Low block risk doesn't mean a free pass.
If CTR means giving speed that Def.Risks must be able to doo their job too.

If you are able to stop a guy 1 second faster then you for about the whole race then what is the purpose of using CTR?

Im not saying let him just pass but should be more balanced. Right now Overtaking and CTR means nothing to Defending Risks. As soon you pop up your settings of defence at their best, you can be 2 secs faster and still will fail to overtake.

Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ February 2nd 2017,07:55:20 )

And atm i'm one starting from behind.
1 stop ftw!
Paulo Pinto1
(Grupi Master - 5)

Postime: 3036
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #58 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 10:06:58 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2017, 10:12:23 nga Paulo Pinto) Citim 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ February 1st 2017,18:47:16 )

I'm with you.

I was 0 risk. And I blocked people the whole race. It's unacceptable on an easy overtaking track.

Yeap. No logic at all.
Konstantin Kiskinov
(Grupi Pro - 1)

Postime: 929
  Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #59 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 10:22:40 Citim 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ February 1st 2017,21:57:38 )

Somehow I feel that this next race won't make anyone feel better about overtaking.

Ill never understand when people are like "yes!! Monaco" when it shows up on the next season calender.

Its like "yes!! Simulated parkway traffic!! Thanks Stefan!"

You are right, but it's also the track where you can play with 1 stop and very low CT risk, block everybody and get some points without spending money for new parts. ;)
Ignacio Belatti
(Grupi Amateur - 35)

Postime: 558
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #60 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2017, 12:57:06 Citim 
Quote ( Edwin Silva @ February 1st 2017,23:36:37 )

That's an oversimplification. I don't like the overtaking mechanism and I'm usually one of the guys ahead. If anything, 0% odds of overtaking would favor me. Same for randoms. Randoms are more harmful for people who are on the edge, and I'm usually not, or to OBPers because an ill-timed random means failure if it happened at the OBP race, and I'm not and OBPer.

You could learn from Roland, Ignacio. He uses to suggest stuff which, if approved, would be harmful for him, but better for overall balance of the game.

Ok, now that I'm on Roland's team I will be just like him. Thanks for reminding me that!

I did not oversimplificate. I was talking about chronical complainers, you did not complain in the first case, but just made your own point. Which I respect. The problem is that I still believe that people who complain doesn't understand the whole variables in the game that makes things be as they are. Hence why my "learn and deal" answer.

0 risk should not mean 0 DM. 0 risk should only diminish the chances of DM. You are a manager, you don't drive here. That is: you say something to your driver, he may achieve it... or not. Let that healthy percentage of random be...
Faqe « 1 [23 4 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:

Përgjigju në këtë temë