Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 [23 ... 85 86 87 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: Double Accounts & Fake Names 2602 përgjigje
Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 17148
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #30 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:30:38 Citim 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ November 7th 2015,22:27:25 )

Ah, OK. So now we just make an issue 'disappear' by no longer showing it in the stats...?
Are you a politician?

Investigate the Argentinian Government Institute called INDEC, then PM me to discuss on it :D

No Michael, DAs rejected stat was always about DAs rejected while at waiting list and it never reflected the actual number of accounts closed by Shadow while already having a spot in the game assigned, no matter if they had or not started races or what tier of the game they were at.
Melinda Flappytits
(Grupi Amateur - 64)

Postime: 22386
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (28)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:31:08 Citim 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 7th 2015,22:23:02 )

please change my name to Melinda Flappytits

Thank you.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Postime: 7849
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:31:33 Citim 
LOL suits you Sir
Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:32:22 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:35:26 nga Florencia Caro) Citim 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 7th 2015,22:27:14 )

But if they hit rookie first, doesn;t that give a false count of people joining and leaving? Or the number in rookie at any one time? Or can you view that in a different way?

I did not understand the question, Curly :/

And Andrew, are you telling me that the Community needs to serve the rules instead of the rules serving the community? How can be a system change, which will eventually reflect in a rule change when ready, bad for us with no justification other than it not being in the rules at this very moment?
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:33:54 Citim 
I assume when you work out how many people leave, its based on those who make it to a group in the first place. As a lot of speculation is about how many would leave now the price went up, will it not look worse than it is, because all those fake names are in rookie before being rejected. I mean, it will surely make the retention of mangers look a lot worse than it actually is.
Mark Witney
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 1873
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:34:53 Citim 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 7th 2015,22:29:24 )

As far as GPRO's problems go DAs are not a main one

Maybe not, but I remember being in a group with one, it wasn't remotely obvious at all, his total login time for a whole season was something like 80 minutes and he won 15 of 17 races, I wonder how many others in that group thought "sod this I haven't got a chance" and quit as a result. "He" did disappear but may have taken a few genuine players with him.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:36:43 Citim 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ November 7th 2015,22:34:53 )

Maybe not, but I remember being in a group with one, it wasn't remotely obvious at all, his total login time for a whole season was something like 80 minutes and he won 15 of 17 races, I wonder how many others in that group thought "sod this I haven't got a chance" and quit as a result. "He" did disappear but may have taken a few genuine players with him.

This kind of DA is surely much harder to catch, if they show no signs of being a DA and have no reason to seem suspicious, I guess its just something that happens from time to time and is caught when possible.
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Amateur - 61)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:38:51 Citim 
Yeah, coz Jan Roca went undetected for ages...
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Postime: 665
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:39:42 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:40:35 nga Andrew Galica) Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:32:22 )

And Andrew, are you telling me that the Community needs to serve the rules

Please explain why we have rules in the first place?
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Grupi Amateur - 98)

Postime: 1744
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:40:17 Citim 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ November 7th 2015,22:34:53 )

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 7th 2015,22:29:24 )

As far as GPRO's problems go DAs are not a main one

I agree DAs are a problem, but as long as they are being dealt with in their first few races i think it is ok.
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:44:53 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:46:34 nga Andrew Galica) Citim 
I agree DAs are a problem, but as long as they are being dealt with in their first few races i think it is ok.

But are they where is the prove?

I have listed in the OP DA's and fake names , but nothing has been been yet!

Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:45:51 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:46:51 nga Florencia Caro) Citim 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 7th 2015,22:33:54 )

I assume when you work out how many people leave, its based on those who make it to a group in the first place. As a lot of speculation is about how many would leave now the price went up, will it not look worse than it is, because all those fake names are in rookie before being rejected. I mean, it will surely make the retention of mangers look a lot worse than it actually is.

If the managers do not start races, then they do not affect activity stats. The only visible change is in the activations/approvals ratio, which does not reflect activity.

Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 7th 2015,22:39:42 )

To make decisions easier and clearer for the Admins, and conditions agreed visible to the players. But rules are not static, and they do change to adapt to new situations Andrew.

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 7th 2015,22:40:17 )

Let me add that cases like the one Mark mentions are not a consequence of an automated approval system. If it went undetected at Waiting List when it was in place 24/7, then there's something more that made it stay undetected, and may require more than a Waiting list check to get visible.
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #42 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:52:05 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:53:20 nga Andrew Galica) Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:45:51 )

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 7th 2015,22:33:54 )

If the managers do not start races, then they do not affect activity stats. The only visible change is in the activations/approvals ratio, which does not reflect activity.

Seriously !

To make decisions easier and clearer for the Admins, and conditions agreed visible to the players. But rules are not static, and they do change to adapt to new situations Andrew.

RULES :-.
one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity.

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 7th 2015,22:40:17 )

Let me add that cases like the one Mark mentions are not a consequence of an automated approval system. If it went undetected at Waiting List when it was in place 24/7, then there's something more that made it stay undetected, and may require more than a Waiting list check to get visible.

opps ! something went wrong

Michael Winkley
(Grupi Amateur - 61)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #43 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:53:22 Citim 
Drowned by gibberish. Filibustering at its finest.
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #44 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:55:22 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:59:33 nga Andrew Galica) Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:45:51 )

rule
ruːl/
noun
plural noun: rules; noun: Rules

Edit I wish to report a fake name ....I believe that Melinda Flappytits may be a fake name :)

one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity.
Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #45 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 22:59:41 Citim 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 7th 2015,22:52:05 )

Seriously !

Yes, seriously

one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity

This does not add anything to the conversation, Andrew. Do you understand that rules change, that those need to serve a purpose, and if the rule is not helping the parts involved, the change is not only natural but needed?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #46 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:02:55 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:03:22 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:22:19 )

It does not work if the aim of the system is to reject as many fake names as possible, Andrew. And that approach is not functional to the site or managers interests right now, as it gets less managers starting races, whose name situation can be reviewed any time later.

If you consider a different objective, as making the site more newbie friendly and getting new audiences engaged, then the new system does work.

I've been supervising the change since it was introduced, and so far I consider the results good for the site; multiple accounts get sorted post-activations instead of being sorted in the waiting list; but that's a minor inconvenience compared to the benefits that can bring in new players terms.

If there is a zero rejections the question arises: is it bringing new managers in, or is it creating more accounts (not necessarily the same thing)

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,21:52:44 )

so why investing so much time in Shadow notifications and such? Shadow's time is better invested elsewhere I think :)

Chasing penguins ?

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:22:19 )

And on the full design... well, sometimes you need to try and FOBY new stuff to decide what is what brings the best results. This "beta" time is being used to analyse the traffic and check possible outcomes; so do not worry, as whatever the new system brings as final results WILL BE the best for the site's health.

I'm not at all surprised if people start to question things...

It is a slippery slope as it seems a bit like in attempt to get more accounts, some of the key values get thrown away. Like rule 8.4

When you let in 1000 accounts in what you call "beta", I dont' believe for a second that you'd be deleting them afterwards.
(note usage of word "account" instead of "user", there's a difference)
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #47 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:07:11 Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,22:59:41 )

one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity

This does not add anything to the conversation, Andrew. Do you understand that rules change, that those need to serve a purpose, and if the rule is not helping the parts involved, the change is not only natural but needed?

Actual yes I do agree that rules change , however in the universe that I live in , we normally change the rules FIRST then implement them, Not the other way round.

point in case :-Promotion/relegation changes in Amateur/Rookie - announcement. BUT the rules have not been changed have they .

7.1 Promotion/Relegation

The top 3 managers in each group (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group, one level above the level they are currently at. The bottom 15 managers from each group (excluding Rookie) will be relegated to the level below. Any manager, who finishes in the top 3, but with a negative balance, will not be promoted, and instead the next highest manager with a positive balance will be promoted in his/her place. Any manager who finishes with a negative balance shall be relegated to the division below. The highest placed manager in the relegation zone will remain in their group as a result.

Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion or reduction, a different number of managers may be promoted or relegated in the different classes of the game.
7.2 Other matters

Kuba Szajbel
(Grupi Amateur - 64)

Postime: 4231
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #48 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:08:05 Citim 

Hey GPRO, we are the FSOCIETY...
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupi Amateur - 72)

Postime: 5682
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #49 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:09:33 Citim 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 7th 2015,23:07:11 )

BUT the rules have not been changed have they

You've just quoted it:

Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion or reduction, a different number of managers may be promoted or relegated in the different classes of the game.
Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #50 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:11:07 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:15:43 nga Florencia Caro) Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2015,23:02:55 )

is it bringing new managers in, or is it creating more accounts (not necessarily the same thing)

It is bringing more managers to complete registration and activations steps, stay online, investigate/browse the site and start races. When Waiting list was in place all times, the bounce rate was higher and many managers left the site after realizing they had no activities to do.

Chasing penguins ?

He needs to eat!

When you let in 1000 accounts in what you call "beta", I dont' believe for a second that you'd be deleting them afterwards.

Well, those are Shadow's problem and can't speak for him. But I can say that the signs that lead to a rejection at waiting list are still there after the account is approved, so Mr Shadow gets the "alert" he has work to do. And I know he does not like DAs, no matter if they are new or not :). Neither do I btw... I have certain tolerance to those jokish names, but my tolerance to DAs has always been ZERO.

Actual yes I do agree that rules change , however in the universe that I live in , we normally change the rules FIRST then implement them, Not the other way round.

Usually, but here at GPRO Admins take some time for it when changes are being implemented. And in this particular case I understand why.

Ask Tomek how annoying it is to have all those "strings needing update" notifications in the translation interface and you'll understand it is hard work to change the rules upon a small change which is not definitive/permanent because it generates extra work at multiple times to the translators.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 21446
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #51 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:12:52 Citim 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,23:11:07 )

And I know he does not like DAs, no matter if they are new or not :)

Can he deal with the one in my group? ;)
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #52 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:16:10 Citim 
I get the waiting list thing putting people off, and if they are deleted anyway, I don;t think it makes any diff if it's after they get to join. If they look around and like it, maybe they will rejoin in their own name, but is that possible if an account has already been rejected from that device? Can they come back with a real account and be allowed to play?
Florencia Caro
(Grupi Master - 1)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Argjentina 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #53 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:16:21 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:25:29 nga Florencia Caro) Citim 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ November 7th 2015,23:12:52 )

Can he deal with the one in my group? ;)

:D, do not try to get me tempted Jed :P

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 7th 2015,23:16:10 )

I get the waiting list thing putting people off, and if they are deleted anyway, I don;t think it makes any diff if it's after they get to join. If they look around and like it, maybe they will rejoin in their own name, but is that possible if an account has already been rejected from that device? Can they come back with a real account and be allowed to play?

Can we rename the topic to "Interview to Flow: we finally get to know what the hell she does in the site"? :P

We are working in improving support and communication so newbies DO HAVE a way to contact the Admins even if the account is closed. So, if the situation of a manager having 2 accounts and wanting to keep the one with the real name and closing the other arises, we'll be equipped to handle it accordingly once the system is fully in place. For now, Admins only have supportgpro.net to sort that, but the new system will bring easier ways to solve this issues and retain managers that want to play with only 1 account and respect the rules. For now, these cases are getting standard DA treatment in most cases.

In the last months I have detected many of these cases and dealt with them outside the DA system myself to avoid new managers get a bad impression when they do not know how the site works yet, and have higher chances that they stay in the site and play the game.
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #54 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:17:21 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:17:58 nga Andrew Galica) Citim 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ November 7th 2015,23:09:33 )

BUT the rules have not been changed have they

You've just quoted it:

Please check this out :- /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=24321

:)

Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #55 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:32:54 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:34:31 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 

It is bringing more managers to complete registration and activations steps, stay online, investigate/browse the site and start races. When Waiting list was in place all times, the bounce rate was higher and many managers left the site after realizing they had no activities to do.

For sure,

equally I'm sure that you can see that the "straight through system" also brings in more accounts (which are not necessarily more users)

And the longer the system is incomplete, the more there is work for mr. Shadow

Well, those are Shadow's problem and can't speak for him. But I can say that the signs that lead to a rejection at waiting list are still there after the account is approved, so Mr Shadow gets the "alert" he has work to do. And I know he does not like DAs, no matter if they are new or not :). Neither do I btw... I have certain tolerance to those jokish names, but my tolerance to DAs has always been ZERO.

well it does seem he's not doing the job. (per this thread)

has any of the accounts mentioned here been contacted or sorted in any other way ?
or has rule 8.4 been abolished

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,21:49:24 )

I do check names and flags regularly and fix the ones I can. But I have not reported fake names to Shadow because in most cases of recently registered accounts it would lead to account closures BEFORE managers even get to try the game.

personally I've always thought that the immediate closure of the accounts is a bit harsh. Might be better to have a "standard pm" encouraging to use a proper name.

"use your name or mr. Shadow will come for a visit"
Lukas Kvietkauskas
(Grupi Amateur - 64)

Postime: 939
  Shteti:
Lituani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #56 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:34:26 Citim 
Florencia is right to say that the rules can change and be flexible, but if they are 'in the process of modification', then there must be some rules anyway, right? For example the old rules must be relevant while the new ones are being created.

Second thing, I might not be popular (while saying a populist thing haha) but am I the only one, who thinks that those fake accounts, as long as they increase the number of supporters (in other words the funds of the gpro) actually do good for the admins? I'm not fully into this supporter thing after all, but I smell some reluctancy to fight double/fake accounts because of the financial benefits for the owners of this website.

The second point must be viewed very softly, as I might be totally wrong and I certainly don'y wish to insult anyone to any degree, just some brainstorm-type points to bring into discussion.
Phil Maunder
(Grupi Pro - 7)

Postime: 10003
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #57 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:40:32 Citim 
I get what you are saying Lukas but basically cheating with DA is still cheating, it can't be ok because the cheater is paying....
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #58 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:40:52 (Së fundi edituar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:45:47 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Lukas Kvietkauskas @ November 7th 2015,23:34:26 )

Second thing, I might not be popular (while saying a populist thing haha) but am I the only one, who thinks that those fake accounts, as long as they increase the number of supporters (in other words the funds of the gpro) actually do good for the admins? I'm not fully into this supporter thing after all, but I smell some reluctancy to fight double/fake accounts because of the financial benefits for the owners of this website.

There's also a flipside to that.

let's evaluate:

step 1) disallow discussing DA's
step 2) allow DA's (during "testing" straight through registration)
step 3) allow DA's providing all accounts are supporters
- Creates advantage to supporters vs. non supporters
step 4) introduce further competitive advantages for supporters and/or friends

ask Vlad what lead to GPRO being born :)

IMO Rule 8.4 has always been a cornerstone of GPRO, abolishing it (regardless of supporter or not) would be the first step towards doom.
Andrew Galica
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #59 Postuar 7 Nëntor 2015, 23:42:40 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2015,23:40:52 )

ask Vlad what lead to GPRO being born :)

Good one :)))

Faqe « 1 [23 ... 85 86 87 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë