Faqe « 1 [23 ... 18 19 20 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Forumi sondazh teme
Would you like cancellation of Driver Energy?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Cancel Driver Energy 571 përgjigje
Andrei Harnicu
(Grupi Amateur - 73)

Postime: 503
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 10:09:43 Citim 
Quote ( Andy Verdijck @ September 18th 2016,09:42:49 )

Also not really into the new driver energy , i think they should make other adjustments to the game for comin more togetter with real Formula 1, like first 10 places into the points and different tyre strategies a race ....
GPRO isn't F1 :P Different tyre strategies is a good idea. About points, the current system is good for all (after me). But why majority of people who want to keep energy want to tweak calculations after one race, even the most heavily circuit in F1, where all Elites remained without energy at middle (Most pilots say that it's double effort than Monaco!!)?
Jon Sanders
(Grupi Amateur - 117)

Postime: 769
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (18)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 10:10:50 Citim 
I love the addition of driver energy.

I have planned to promote this season. I still love this feature. Please don't take it away, it gives us all a chance to learn something new and will benefit those that embrace the change and adapt more quickly
Dominiek Van West
(Grupi Amateur - 14)

Postime: 608
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (12)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 10:31:47 Citim 
Worst topic of the season allready!

After 1 race, how can we know how it works on different tracks, different conditions......
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 10:33:22 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Sanders @ September 18th 2016,10:10:50 )

I love the addition of driver energy.

I have planned to promote this season. I still love this feature. Please don't take it away, it gives us all a chance to learn something new and will benefit those that embrace the change and adapt more quickly

All the bored old school guys from the FOBY era are coming out the woodworks :D
Grzegorz Brojak
(Grupi Amateur - 114)

Postime: 268
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 10:42:43 Citim 
Because of all the hatred towards this change, I think I like it even more. :P
Martti Kaasik
(Grupi Pro - 23)

Postime: 1223
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:00:04 Citim 
It is way to early to start voting if this is bad or not... After first race I can say that I did not like what I saw but I don't think I would want to remove it right away...
So I would suggest to keep it for one season and then have a vote for every one after log in or something...
John Doughty
(Grupi Amateur - 31)

Postime: 28
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (12)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:14:58 Citim 
It makes a refreshing change to see games made more complicated instead of consistently being "dumbed down" to their simplest level, just so that even those who can't be bothered thinking about things can have it laid on a plate for them.

Whilst yes it complicates the game a little, it does also make you consider many other strategies that before would never even have made the drawing board and could never ever have been viable.

A big PLUS to GPRO from me, even though it is still early days.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 725
  Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:38:14 Citim 
Change for the sake of change is not only bad, it's harmful.

Driver energy is good in theory but it was implemented badly. 2 things need to be changed asap:

1. Tweak the formulas, so elite drivers can push a whole race on 100 risk. Just because a track is more tiring than another doesn't mean drivers die from exhaustion there.
2. Remove the real time aspect of energy recovery. This is not a real time game and should never be. This will remove all problems with early/late qualifying, different recovery time between races. Also, I asked a question that never got answered, probably because the admins have no idea how to handle it yet: If a race is postponed by 24 hours like one was recently, how is driver energy going to be handled?

It's also quite sensible to have lap by lap energy estimation. It's ridiculous that you can determine how worn your tyres are with a very high accuracy, but the driver can't say how tired he feels.
Mark Mctaggart
(Grupi Amateur - 25)

Postime: 531
  Shteti:
Zelanda e Re 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:42:50 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:55:20 nga Mark McTaggart) Citim 
Agree there should be a 3rd bar added above the tyre one, showing energy loss, exactly the same as there is for tyres and fuel

Was surprised on race screen to see nothing there to show it, or even above your drivers name etc anything would be great

apart from that it will make it interesting over the next few seasons
Jesús Pérez
(Grupi Pro - 8)

Postime: 507
  Shteti:
Spanjë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:46:17 Citim 
Changing plans acording to unexpected events makes GPRO closer to real life.
David Brister
(Grupi Amateur - 33)

Postime: 228
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (19)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 11:51:53 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 15:05:28 nga Mick Ridley) Citim 
wow 1 race and the Cry babies are out in force, as their Super Help Programs cant help them fully and they have to think some.

Tissues are sold in the supermarket in the same aisle that your mummy buys your nappies!!!

i ran 10CT, and my energy dropped from 100 to *. running higher CT this race to see how it affects it. trial and error, some people just love to cry.

Glad the pole is in favour of keeping it !!

Great new addition to make you think some more!!!
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #42 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:10:40 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:11:29 nga Krasimir Ivanov) Citim 
Quote ( David Brister @ September 18th 2016,11:51:53 )

wow 1 race and the Cry babies are out in force, as their Super Help Programs cant help them fully and they have to think some.

People are giving well thought out opinions, supported by arguments and facts why the change is bad in its current form. You provide none of those. And you base your insults on your amazing wealth of 3 seasons of experience. Wow! Do you ever expect someone to take you seriously after your post above?
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 6825
  Shteti:
Austri 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #43 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:13:23 Citim 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,12:10:40 )

People are giving well thought out opinions, supported by arguments and facts why the change is bad in its current form.

How could anyone possibly do that without knowing exactly how it works yet? The only valid arguments yet are against the real time recovery in it's current form and I agree with those.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #44 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:20:14 Citim 
Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ September 18th 2016,12:13:23 )

How could anyone possibly do that without knowing exactly how it works yet? The only valid arguments yet are against the real time recovery in it's current form and I agree with those.

While it'll take 1-2 races more to find out the exact formulas, the general principle is clear. And while most people have no problem with that, the general concern is that even the best pilots can't drive a whole race on at least 1 of the tracks on full risks. Even that wouldn't be so bad as in real life pilots can push differently based on how the race is going, but here this is impossible as we have constant risks throughout the whole race.

Anything else that isn't clear about the driver energy system?

P.S. My question still stands and I want an admin to answer it. If a race is postponed how will driver energy be handled. This cannot be FOBY and must be in the game rules.
Michal Szopinski
(Grupi Amateur - 49)

Postime: 906
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #45 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:22:24 Citim 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,11:38:14 )

It's also quite sensible to have lap by lap energy estimation. It's ridiculous that you can determine how worn your tyres are with a very high accuracy, but the driver can't say how tired he feels.
Quote ( Mark Mctaggart @ September 18th 2016,11:42:50 )

Agree there should be a 3rd bar added above the tyre one, showing energy loss, exactly the same as there is for tyres and fuel

Sorry, but that sounds a bit...ridiculous. How can your driver quantify how tired he feels? During the race? When adrenalin's running high? That doesn't happen.
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #46 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:25:14 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:25:52 nga Luke Frost) Citim 
Energy should go up by 3% more per hour if you've ever won the community award from gpro or if you're Australian or if you wear golden sunglasses.....hahahaha. Lol
Graham Mercer
(Grupi Pro - 22)

Postime: 2008
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #47 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:26:19 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:27:11 nga Graham Mercer) Citim 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,11:38:14 )

Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,12:20:14 )

While it'll take 1-2 races more to find out the exact formulas, the general principle is clear.

So which is it? Do you need a lap by lap breakdown of energy usage because you can't figure it out? Or is it so straight forward that you already pretty well understand it and will have it fully solved in 1-2 more races?
Your two statements contradict each other.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupi Master - 4)

Shteti:
Bullgari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #48 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:26:51 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:30:58 nga Krasimir Ivanov) Citim 
Quote ( Michal Szopinski @ September 18th 2016,12:22:24 )

Sorry, but that sounds a bit...ridiculous. How can your driver quantify how tired he feels? During the race? When adrenalin's running high? That doesn't happen.

Really? How many drivers have you spoken to before claiming it's ridiculous? I know any long distance runner can tell you how much energy he has and how much more can he run before he collapses.

Quote ( Graham Mercer @ September 18th 2016,12:26:19 )

So which is it? Do you need a lap by lap breakdown of energy usage because you can't figure it out? Or is it so straight forward that you already pretty well understand it and will have it fully solved in 1-2 more races?

Ever considered that this might not be about me? Just because I'll have the formula soon doesn't mean the masses in rookie and amateur will too.

Until now there were 2 resources that were running out during the race - fuel and tyres and both have a rough estimate. Now you have a third one without an estimate. I don't see a reason to have such an inconsistency besides the extra work required to make it happen.
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Retired)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #49 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:27:11 Citim 
Teething problems, no more.

This feature will work.

What needs sorting is the acceptable level of energy drain during races, and the rate of recovery between races.

IMO, more people should be able to last longer on higher CT, but the rate of recovery should be what defines the level of CT that can be run consistently. Elite level drivers seeing 80-100% drain, but getting 80-100% recovery, such that they could almost always run 100CT. Rookie drivers getting much lower levels of recovery, though without necessarily beefing up the drain too much.

I'd like it to be some kind of age-stamina dynamic.
George Odhis
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 317
  Shteti:
Kenia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #50 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:33:57 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:37:39 nga George Odhis) Citim 
Based on Winkley's opinion, i propose that the formula be weighted against driver OA (to balance between levels), AT least drivers in Elite should suffer less malus on energy than those on lower levels by Virtue of their OA in addition to any other driver stats (and car/track/weather stats).

E1: Better to see more Elite drivers able to use 100 CT and still able to finish strongly.
E2: Btw this s better than "punctures" that result from high risks.
Wayne Edwards
(Grupi Amateur - 1)

Postime: 662
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #51 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:34:39 Citim 
Energy depletion will depend upon a number of variables and some of them will not be linear. Energy recovery will probably not be the same for all either.

We already know that CT is one of the variables but need more data to define it's effect. There will be driver attributes and track characteristics that also affect it, maybe even climatic variables etc....

Those who are adept at collating data will soon find some, or all, of the variables and their effects. Since this is a data led management game that is surely the reason why those are the more successful managers.

I agree that if Elite/Master level drivers cannot run an entire race at 100CT then there is a problem but maybe they can only run some tracks that way and some tracks are just out of reach.

Let's wait and see eh?
James Berriman
(Grupi Amateur - 69)

Postime: 983
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #52 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:39:53 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:42:51 nga James Berriman) Citim 
Well put David #41.

Makes perfect sense to me that even the best drivers will need to respect certain tracks.

Fantastic change!
Michal Szopinski
(Grupi Amateur - 49)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #53 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:43:07 Citim 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,12:20:14 )

Even that wouldn't be so bad as in real life pilots can push differently based on how the race is going, but here this is impossible as we have constant risks throughout the whole race.

That's why we have boost laps, I suppose, that's when the driver's pushing to the limit and you choose when that happens. As you said, in RL racing the drivers never push 100% all race, so why should you be able to set 100CT and forget it? Maybe the whole idea is to force people to run slightly lower risks? What if 90CT was the max you could run? If you choose to push harder, that's your choice, but where does it say that it's everyone's right to be able to use 100CT without any consequences? I prefer this driver energy rather than having my driver vomiting in his helmet. It just makes us having to manage the driver rather than take a random on the chin, which people have always complained about, and then go with 100CT again next race

People keep forgetting that this is a management game, and we just have another variable to manage. Until now we had to manage finances more than the actual racing. Now the balance has shifted a bit towards managing the racing itself. I like that idea, after all it is also a racing game, isn't it?

Real-time recovery isn't a bad thing. It just needs to be tweaked a bit, I think. You put a driver in the car a couple of days after the race and he's pretty much ready to go. May not be 100% fit, but close enough to it. We could have that represented a bit better by the recovery rate.
Luca Bertani
(Grupi Amateur - 120)

Postime: 3580
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #54 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:47:39 Citim 
We still have to figure out how it works and what are the skills that really affect it during the race, so I don't understand all the "talk talk" that some people already have against driver's energy after just one race.

Admins are just bringing us new features for making the game more enjoyable to play, just wait a season before burning it to the ground :)
Guillaume Denoy
(Grupi Amateur - 85)

Postime: 329
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #55 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:49:00 Citim 
I think it's a good thing if all the drivers have the same spend and recovery energy. If it's different, the best driver will be faster at first time, and you'll can give him a bigger ct, so the gap per lap will be ridiculous..
Personnally, I like this change like that
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Rookie - 5)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #56 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 12:57:19 (Së fundi edituar 18 Shtator 2016, 13:14:42 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
Michal....you put it the best way in support of it....well said, couldn't have put it any better than that :) ... or longer :p

I really like this change as it gives me a chance to re-connect with the game. The last 10 seasons I have not at all been interested in GPRO, now I have some new motivation to become interested again...well, after my holiday at least :)

I think its more important the game looks for new ways to re-invent itself, for sure its a big change to the game and how we all now manage and approach it, but I do think change was needed. Of course, not eveybody will support the change and its equally important the rest that do help support the people who are struggling with it, and not bash them down. I mean, many of these guys have been used to playing the game the same way for a number of years now and I do think that requires some respect / sympathy too.

Not everybody copes with change the same way and while there will always be people opposed to changes, Its important to not hold it against those people who are happy with how it was before. I mean...this game is a big part of many people's lives in terms of the hobbies they undertake so for sure I will always respect the fact that people feel aggrieved about change, especially when its a game like this which require planning many seasons in advance....which is a lot of RL time. So, can understand some people's frustrations for sure. It's easier for someone like me to cope with it when I was already bored of the game and not in a position where I am in the middle of a long term plan etc. For people like that it's a more critically affecting change.

Tomás Coelho
(Grupi Amateur - 74)

Postime: 585
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #57 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 13:01:00 Citim 
Gents, don´t go ballistic with worries over this energy issue. First, let it go for at least this season and in the meantime try to capitalize on the positive effects it can produce. Even better, let´s try to learn something from it.

Besides this will indeed serve to show the capabilities of all the managers and their talents in overcoming this, if they see it as negative idea.

I give the energy option the thumbs up.

Happy racing,lads.
Goran Slunjski
(Grupi Pro - 25)

Postime: 1133
  Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #58 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 13:07:39 Citim 
Everyone who want to understand why is energy added to game and how should work,go play SRS silly game hosted by Kevin Abdalla. Game is great,it have from season to season more and more players and it is based on system what this energy thing is (in general).

Go there ,try it and you'll understand what is a purpose of energy and why would be bad if some drivers can handle every race with 100ct.
Michal Szopinski
(Grupi Amateur - 49)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #59 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 13:14:55 Citim 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ September 18th 2016,12:26:51 )

Really? How many drivers have you spoken to before claiming it's ridiculous? I know any long distance runner can tell you how much energy he has and how much more can he run before he collapses.

This is laughable. Sorry, Krasimir, but nobody can actually quantify how much energy they have left until they're out of it, especially when adrenalin's high behind a wheel of a car going at 300km/h. I've never heard a driver say that he's about to run out of energy, but I've seen them collapse from exhaustion after the race. Do you have driver energy anywhere on telemetry screens in the pits? You do for the fuel consumption and you can tell how worn the tyres are by the lap times, but I don't think the pit crew monitors the driver energy. That's done after the race with the physio, if at all.
As you said, you'll have your formula soon, so you'll be able to tell exactly when the driver's going to run out of energy, no need for an additional bar.
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Rookie - 5)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #60 Postuar 18 Shtator 2016, 13:17:45 Citim 
Quote ( João Monteiro @ September 18th 2016,09:22:14 )

Quote ( Victor Kamennov @ September 18th 2016,06:40:59 )

Experienced players are asking why now, in the interest of someone his plans?

I do not believe this!!
...at least all of them, and especially the most experienced.

this change in the game came with a few years of delay.
gpro was "dying" and this might be what it needs to keep him alive for more a couple of years.
stop using your tools and start using your brains and excel sheets. it's much more funnier...

I think I've agreed with Joao on more than one occasion now :) Well put, mate :p

Faqe « 1 [23 ... 18 19 20 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:

Përgjigju në këtë temë