Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Promotion sponsor system tweaks Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 [2 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Forumi sondazh teme
What change would you like to see with the promotion sponsors?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Promotion sponsor system tweaks 40 përgjigje
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 17)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 17 Janar 2017, 16:50:09 (Së fundi edituar 17 Janar 2017, 16:52:11 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
Though, that's a bit of an unrealistic expectation Leo. I mean, if a sponsor is coming in and chucking money at you without any required negotiating, they should be in the position of choice, not the manager? :) I think it's fine that they go wherever they go really seeing as they have to be activated before going to the designated spot.
Alexei Aleshin
(Grupi Amateur - 73)

Postime: 14
  Shteti:
Federata Ruse 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 07:43:06 Citim 
There should be an option to accept or refuse them rather than making them compulsory.
Andrew Watson
(Grupi Amateur - 25)

Postime: 2946
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 09:46:37 Citim 
I don't see why most people would want to refuse them. How many managers run with 5 sponsors anyway?
Álmos Tatai
(Grupi Amateur - 8)

Postime: 14
  Shteti:
Hungari 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 09:54:01 Citim 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ January 15th 2017,19:58:20 )

I think you should be able to choose the position.

+1
Jon Day
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 10019
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 14:13:43 (Së fundi edituar 18 Janar 2017, 14:15:40 nga Jon Day) Citim 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ January 18th 2017,09:46:37 )

I don't see why most people would want to refuse them. How many managers run with 5 sponsors anyway?
I think youve missed the point of most peoples "gripe" mate. :-)

Unless, of course, Ive missed your point?....Which is highly probable. :D
Andrew Watson
(Grupi Amateur - 25)

Postime: 2946
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 15:23:41 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 18th 2017,14:13:43 )

Quote ( Andrew Watson @ January 18th 2017,09:46:37 )

I don't see why most people would want to refuse them. How many managers run with 5 sponsors anyway? I think youve missed the point of most peoples "gripe" mate. :-)

Unless, of course, Ive missed your point?....Which is highly probable. :D

Was responding to Alexei's cancellation suggestion. And possibly worded it badly: for most people, I don't see that they should want to cancel.
Pedro Freire
(Grupi Amateur - 121)

Postime: 244
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 18 Janar 2017, 16:05:05 Citim 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ January 18th 2017,15:23:41 )

I don't see that they should want to cancel.

If they take place of a better sponsor ongoing negotiation and then you lose it then you'll understand why some people are worried here. That's what I think at least =P

I hope one is pretty happy to get a 20k per race for 50 races instead of let's say 1mil for 20 races. That's the dream of every manager
Róbert László2
(Grupi Master - 5)

Postime: 1838
  Shteti:
Hungari 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 22 Janar 2017, 10:29:12 Citim 
Thanks to all for the comments!

Seems I am not the only guy who thinks that the current system should be improved. The free spot choice is also a nice idea, as like Robin, and Stuart suggestion for the fair amount - distribution.
Guido Bigontina
(Grupi Pro - 1)

Postime: 1
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 28 Janar 2017, 01:04:49 Citim 
I like the idea, but in my mind the manager should be able to pick the position of choice. Amount and duration seems fine to me (in pro at least).
Andrew Wilden
(Grupi Amateur - 105)

Postime: 1502
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 28 Janar 2017, 04:49:38 (Së fundi edituar 28 Janar 2017, 04:51:00 nga Andrew Wilden) Citim 
There really have been some stupid Bonus Sponsor offers TBH.
I have heard of as low as ~$50k for something like 51 Races.
That is ridiculous & will certainly affect your Long Term Plan on sponsors if you accept it, assuming you are a Good Manager, with Good Sponsor advice.

I think we all need to remember this is designed as a BONUS, & we seem ungrateful to complain
BUT
The way it is structured ATM, can really affect upcoming seasons for many managers.

I would propose both a minimum amount per tier, & two or three options for the Manager.
The spot should be fixed as the Sponsor is offering you Bonus $$$'s for the car spot HE wants.So not really the managers choice IMHO.

So just as an example, the minimum sponsor amount for the Bonus sponsor should be something like;

Rookie to Amateur; $7.5 million
Amateur to Pro; $12.5 million
Pro to Master; $20 million
Master to Elite; $30 million

Like I said just an example, & the minimum amount, it could be more.

OK, so then we are given 2 or 3 Options from the BONUS Sponsor, with an equal amount of $$$'s in total.

Lets just use Amateur to Pro as an example;
Option 1; $312,500 x 40 races = $12.5 million
Option 2; $625,000 x 20 races = $12.5 million
Option 3; $1,250,000 x 10 races = $12.5 million

So just a very basic, & simple example.
But I think if something was to be implemented or "Tweaked" like this to the Bonus Sponsor system, it should satisfy everyone's (or almost everyone's) current situation upon Promo, & there would be a lot less complaints than there are with the present system.
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 28 Janar 2017, 17:02:05 Citim 
According to the announcement, the promotion sponsor feature was created in order to incentivize people to promote to the higher leagues instead of the usual sandbagging of a sizeable fraction of the group for even half a season if nobody but 1 or 2 persons want to promote. In that regards, I like the spirit of the rule, because I think promotion should always be a good thing for the manager, even unplanned promotions.

However, the mechanics are not producing the desired effect. The promotion sponsors are too poor to actually produce the difference between an unexpected promotion leading to a failure or leading to some probability of success. 5M-10M won't change that. On the other hand, offering more money, so that promotion is more incentivized, is probably too much of a reward for people who are actually aiming for promotion.

For example, promoting from Master to Elite with hundreds of millions in sponsorship reserves isn't that hard. I myself, who haven't been successful in Master and promoted to Master by mistake, am closing to 120M in signed and 100% (or very close) sponsorship, plus another top master sponsor whose negotiation is halfway done. A successful manager shouldn't have any trouble to get double or triple this amount, so further increasing his reserves with high sponsorship amounts would only increase his advantages vs. struggling people in the middle of the pack in Elite.

The problem is, of course, how do you differentiate between a manager who is promoting because he didn't want to sandbag but he wasn't actually aiming for promotion and a manager who is heavily prepared to tackle the higher league? In my opinion, the easiest mechanics, although probably unfair, is to award very good sponsors to managers who promoted without heavy sponsorship backup or cash. Obviously, this is not fair, because other managers prepared carefully and weren't rewarded with a tasty sponsor, plus a manager promoting in poor conditions doesn't necessarily mean he promoted by mistake. However, this would be a reasonable middle ground in my opinion: very strongly prepared managers won't have further advantages in the higher league but managers without so strong preparation would have an incentive to fight hard for promotion.

It would require some balance, tho, because it would suck if a manager with good preparation is forced to spend a very high amount of resources in his promo season when another, less prepared, manager, is willing to destroy the house because he knows he will get a superb promo sponsor nonetheless (and this already happens, with people promoting with unreasonable tyres and cars in Master and Pro).
Faqe « 1 [2 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Promotion sponsor system tweaks Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë