Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > is the earth round or flat? Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 [23 ... 5 6 7 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: is the earth round or flat? 195 përgjigje
Andrew Watson
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 2946
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #29 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 10:18:33 (Së fundi edituar 15 Gusht 2017, 10:18:41 nga Andrew Watson) Citim 
How would the day/night time difference for countries around the world be explained in a flat-earth hypothesis?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Postime: 3021
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #30 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 10:21:13 Citim 
It doesn't get explained, it gets denied. I mean have you ever been in two countries at the same time and witnessed that the time was different?
Andrew Watson
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 10:38:31 Citim 
I guess if you deny everything about reality, then you can believe whatever fantasy you wish.

Is there an explanation of how you can chase the daylight (or night) when you take a flight?
Jon Day
(Grupi Pro - 11)

Postime: 10019
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:07:52 Citim 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ August 15th 2017,10:11:12 )

(Hills and mountains between us? I feel a song coming on)
Glad you said that....Clearly I wasnt the only one who started singing "Yellow Submarine" then? :-)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:11:20 Citim 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ August 15th 2017,10:38:31 )

I guess if you deny everything about reality, then you can believe whatever fantasy you wish.

This is exactly the era we live in, didn't you follow the 2016 US president elections?

Is there an explanation of how you can chase the daylight (or night) when you take a flight?

I don't know, but I don't imagine that many flat earthers are the type that travel long distances.
Joachim Vaes
(Grupi Rookie - 97)

Postime: 164
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:12:11 Citim 
If the 'flat' earth would have gravity, then eventually it would crunch itself into a sphere. So then you have to say a 'flat' earth doesn't have gravity? Then people would just simply fall of the 'flat' earth.

Since no people on earth are falling of the planet into space, I think it's safe to say the earth is a sphere :P

Does this answer your question? :P
https://www.quora.com/How-long-can-an-airplane-follow-sunset
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:14:37 Citim 
Quote ( Joachim Vaes @ August 15th 2017,11:12:11 )

If the 'flat' earth would have gravity, then eventually it would crunch itself into a sphere. So then you have to say a 'flat' earth doesn't have gravity? Then people would just simply fall of the 'flat' earth.

Since no people on earth are falling of the planet into space, I think it's safe to say the earth is a sphere :P

Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/faq
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 22386
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:16:38 Citim 
of course earth is flat, have you ever been to the Netherlands? Besides, if it wasn't then the sea would be a river
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:17:12 Citim 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 15th 2017,05:45:36 )

once again,prove it?

The earth is flat? I thought it was a pentagon. Prove to me that it isn't.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:30:59 Citim 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 15th 2017,05:50:34 )

the sun is huge,no matter what distance its mass the light from it should averpass the moon,yes i get the distance thing but like are you saying that a moth that flys around a light bulb although you can see its showow it will totally block out where its shadow is cast?

To that, you could ask them if they have ever heard of perspective. Then, tell them that the sun is about 400 times further away from earth, than the moon is.

Ask them which is larger, a light bulb or a penny. Tell them to look at a light bulb with one eye and hold a penny less than an inch in front of that eye. Then ask them if they still see any light coming from the light bulb.

The penny is the moon.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Grupi Pro - 8)

Postime: 1008
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:32:31 Citim 
- the Flat Heads, ...are very Useful.!!!
...You can put the beer glass over easily.!!!

- Good Morning from Beautiful Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece.!!!
Andrew Watson
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:33:30 (Së fundi edituar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:33:40 nga Andrew Watson) Citim 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 15th 2017,04:53:52 )

the sun is so huge that the moon and its shadow is errelievent,the sun should cast light over the earth 100% no matter what small object is blocking it because something in its path would need to be huge or the sun is smaller than what were led to believe

Gabi Damian
(Grupi Amateur - 113)

Postime: 329
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 11:39:44 Citim 
Dainius Vaškys
(Grupi Rookie - 125)

Postime: 654
  Shteti:
Lituani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #42 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 12:15:14 Citim 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 15th 2017,05:50:34 )

the sun is huge,no matter what distance its mass the light from it should averpass the moon,yes i get the distance thing but like are you saying that a moth that flys around a light bulb although you can see its showow it will totally block out where its shadow is cast?

You can actually see moths shadow cost by the light bulb, for example, I was sitting on a toilet yesterday, making a huge dump and a fly was walking on edge of a sink and I noticed it only because I forgot my phone and was counting tiles. Back to the point, so I saw sinks shadow and then flys shadow on the edge, while it was walking around it and it was coused by a lamp, which is few times bigger than a fly. The fly was small, like single rice and it casted shadow, so moon is smaller than earth and both are smaller than the sun, and still earth can cast a shadow on moon and the moon can block sun for few seconds and couse the eclipse.

Every object who's farther away, looks smaller, even if sun is massive compared to earth and moon, it's far enough for the moon to be able to block it, because moon is closer to earth than sun and because it's closer, it looks bigger than sun, even if it's way smaller.

P.S. People believing in flat earth, anti-vaccination or the need to vote for there president are the one's who are draging the worlds society to a brink of self destruction ...
Joachim Vaes
(Grupi Rookie - 97)

Postime: 164
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #43 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 12:25:02 Citim 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 15th 2017,11:14:37 )

Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

Well for objects to "simply fall" you'll need Gravitational acceleration. Otherwise it would just be like the floating objects in a space station for example.
Ahmad Aloulou
(Grupi Pro - 6)

Postime: 4
  Shteti:
Letoni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #44 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 12:55:03 Citim 
The Earth is Hollow ( Entrance and Exit in Southpol and Northpol ) and from the Hollow earth ( Inside The earth) the UFO (so called Aliens) come out and go in the Hollow Earth and its the real Babylon and its is the Place where Adam and Eve were expelled from God.

Those Aliens are not extraterrestrial they are a Mix of Demon / Satan and Human because there are people like alot Magician, Politician / Banker like the Rockefellers who sleep with the Female Satans and these female satans bring those "Aliens" to the world.

There was a Guy called Admiral Richard E. Byrd who was in the Hollow earth long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUwBYjEaGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atet4vpGqwU

Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #45 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 12:57:05 (Së fundi edituar 15 Gusht 2017, 12:58:44 nga Jasper Coosemans) Citim 
Quote ( Joachim Vaes @ August 15th 2017,12:25:02 )

Well for objects to "simply fall" you'll need Gravitational acceleration. Otherwise it would just be like the floating objects in a space station for example.

Not if I believe that "falling" is one of the fundamental properties that any object has in this universe. (instead of believing that one of the fundamental properties of an object is "mass", and that mass attracts other mass)

Look I'm not believing any of that nonsense, I'm just showing how a discussion with such hill-billies can be difficult and that your arguments against them have to be stronger than "but there is gravity". Because they will simply say "no there isn't".

I think a good argument would be flight times. If you would make a network of flights:

LA-NY
LA-Sao Paulo
LA-Sydney
LA-Tokyo
Sydney-Tokyo
Tokyo-Dubai
Dubai-Johannesburg
Dubai-London
Johannesburg-Sao Paulo
London-NY

You now have a network of flights spanning each hemisphere and each continent. If you take all the flight times and try to map them using straight lines on a flat earth, you will immediately see that it is completely impossible.

Then the flat earthers would have to argue that those flights are being tricked with and that each airline pilot in the world is a part of the conspiracy. I think that would be hard to believe even for flat earth people...
Jon Day
(Grupi Pro - 11)

Postime: 10019
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #46 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:00:03 Citim 
Jasper, If ever I'm loosing an argument you will now be my "go to guy". :-)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Postime: 3107
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #47 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:23:02 (Së fundi edituar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:23:17 nga Miel Soeterbroek) Citim 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 15th 2017,12:57:05 )

You now have a network of flights spanning each hemisphere and each continent. If you take all the flight times and try to map them using straight lines on a flat earth, you will immediately see that it is completely impossible.

Then the flat earthers would have to argue that those flights are being tricked with and that each airline pilot in the world is a part of the conspiracy. I think that would be hard to believe even for flat earth people...

They'll slap you in the face with FLD differences.
Or simply point at different models of planes being used.
You're lucky TCD is not an issue in mid-air.

It's such a hassle to debate things with people that don't want to debate and much rather cling on to their silly beliefs with both hands, both legs, and their teeth.

I've given up on it, really.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #48 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:27:46 Citim 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 15th 2017,11:14:37 )

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/faq

Are you serious? Yes.

The fact that this is the first entry in their FAQ is quite telling.

I've aged 12 years by just reading that page btw. Thanks
Darrel Janga
(Grupi Amateur - 12)

Postime: 106
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #49 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:28:03 Citim 
This is a discussion we people will never agree on... waste of time really.
Kyle Morris
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 6688
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #50 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:29:22 Citim 
But if the earth was flat we'd just fall off when we get to the end and float off into space
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupi Amateur - 64)

Postime: 2434
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #51 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:33:57 Citim 
The earth was originally flat but in the early 1520s the lizard-people found their way to Earth and started replacing people in power. They called themselves the Illuminati. Because they needed to assert their dominant position they sent a lizard called Magellan on a trip around the world, but the world was flat. So the Illuminati used a series of spaceships with tractor beams to "sew" the earth into a sphere. They filled it with material obtained from asteroids and other planets. This was originally meant to be a temporary solution but once the idea was out there it couldn't be erased from people's minds and they decided to leave it like that. This also explains why Magellan was "killed by natives" before he made it back: he was given a crew consisting of humans and he became fond of them. So fond, in fact, that he thought about telling the people of Earth about the Illuminati and trying to help free them. Then the Illuminati conveniently exterminated him and replaced his crew with lizard people so that the situation could be covered up. However, a group of people still found out about that and started questioning whether Magellan ever made it across the Pacific Ocean and that the "we turned the Earth into a sphere" campaign was simply a PR stunt. The Illuminati sent countless crews around the world in the following centuries but the flat-earthers were undeterred. I've heard from a reliable source that the Illuminati is trying to make the world flat again to reduce maintenance costs but the scientific community is against this because they think it could destabilize the Sun's orbit around the Earth. The project is also expected to cost too much so the Illuminati are trying to borrow money from the people living on Alpha Centauri b but they've reached their limit.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #52 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 13:44:46 Citim 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ August 15th 2017,13:29:22 )

But if the earth was flat we'd just fall off when we get to the end and float off into space

Apparently, today's flat-earthers believe the earth to be of infinite size and claim that this is supported by mathematics.
Kyle Morris
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #53 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:01:40 Citim 
Obviously yes when you look at the earth from the space station it's totally flat and not a sphere

Honestly people who do actually say that the world is flat sound stupid just by saying it
Henrik Engebretsen
(Grupi Rookie - 171)

Postime: 12
  Shteti:
Norvegji 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #54 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:05:12 Citim 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 15th 2017,04:36:33 )

whether the world is flat or it is actually as were educated to believe, round ?

*Straightens glasses* Ackchyually, it's an oblate spheroid
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #55 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:08:35 Citim 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ August 15th 2017,14:01:40 )

Obviously yes when you look at the earth from the space station it's totally flat and not a sphere

Honestly people who do actually say that the world is flat sound stupid just by saying it

The astronauts are bribed by the government to say this. Photos by NASA are obviously forged as was proven beyond doubt with the so-called moon landing.
Kyle Morris
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #56 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:09:55 Citim 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 15th 2017,14:08:35 )

Quote ( Kyle Morris @ August 15th 2017,14:01:40 )

The astronauts are bribed by the government to say this. Photos by NASA are obviously forged as was proven beyond doubt with the so-called moon landing.

Yup well, you have fully convinced me now
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #57 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:11:55 Citim 
And on the subject of satellites and ISS:

"While one can see satellites in the sky at night, it is generally agreed upon that they are not actual satellites but pseudolites or stratolites put there to fool us."

My.
Brain.
Hurts.
Rem Jürgenson
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Postime: 60
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #58 Postuar 15 Gusht 2017, 14:13:43 Citim 
As far as our own eye is king, Earth is flat :D

About pictures: Nasa have admitted that there aint no real pictures of earth, they are all CGI or painted by artists. You can check how our earth picture has changed during times ;)

But be also warned! You might get punched in the face if you tell the truth about our Earth. Everything we know about and stands for right now, depends on round ball earth, Newtons Law and Einsteins relativity theory.

And remember. It is one of the biggest lies next to Religion.

If you are sure that Earth is round, then show me the Curve. There are 2 diffrent kind of amatur videos online. Normal camera mode showing no curve, and GoPro Editions with fish eye lens, which will obivously turn everything curvy.
Faqe « 1 [23 ... 5 6 7 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > is the earth round or flat? Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë