Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Change qualifying system Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [12 3 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Forumi sondazh teme
Should the qualifying system be changed like suggested below?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Change qualifying system 65 përgjigje
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Postime: 782
  Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (23)   Mospelqe kete postim (8)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:25:53 Citim 
Here is my suggestion:

- Everyone can do the qualifying like now, but keep the times secret to others.
So there would be no advantage for managers who do the qualifyings late.
There are many people who work or sleep at this time in the world.

- Once the qualifyings are closed and everyone is waiting for the race, without
the possibility to change anything, publish the results in live screen like like in
this video:

https://youtu.be/hVzvB8-HP9Y

In this video is showed Q2 with an example of 3 cars flying laps.
The same could be done for Q1 and Q2, Q1 starts with the last manager in the
rankings from the box and every 20 or 30 seconds let the next start.
Q2 starts few minutes after Q1 ends, with the last manager from Q1.

I think it would make this game even more entertaining to everyone.
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Postime: 1227
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:36:28 (Së fundi edituar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:44:04 nga Christopher Batchlor) Citim 
The only problem with this is that qualifying can be done at any point within the 70 (Tuesday-Friday) to 94 hours (Friday-Tuesday).

Yes there is a strategic advantage to qualifying later on as you'll have a greater assessment of lap times relative to you. However, with the addition of driver energy a while back, the opposite is true. The earlier you qualify, the more energy you'll recover for the race.

Edit: As for the idea to hide Q times, it's not much of a indicator of race pace. Aside from the leaders whom it's obvious they will win.
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:38:32 Citim 
It´s not only this unfair advantage, it´s more about making this game even more entertaining.
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 12459
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (10)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:52:25 (Së fundi edituar 15 Shtator 2018, 22:59:52 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
but, in real life, times are not kept secret....if someone qualifies before someone, the time is visible. Why should this be different?

I like how it is personally, and btw, I am usually one o the first people to qualify whatever group I am in :)

P.S did you consider that people qualifying early, like me, has a positive impact on the site in terms of traffic by members? Pretty sure you reduce this traffic with invisible timings. Wonder what admins might think about that. I'd log in less for sure.

What is unfair about me qualifying early? I don't care and why should I care about others waiting til late? It's a choice and I accept that some people can't qualify til Monday or Tuesday while I do so before the weekend strikes. Why can't you? It matters not at all to me that my time is visible.

Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:08:52 Citim 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 15th 2018,22:52:25 )

but, in real life, times are not kept secret....if someone qualifies before someone, the time is visible.

Yes, but all this happens within an hour and not 70.

did you consider that people qualifying early, like me, has a positive impact on the site in terms of traffic by members? Pretty sure you reduce this traffic with invisible timings. Wonder what admins might think about that. I'd log in less for sure.

They can lock q1 for example 1 day before the race and publish them so people would enter to see q1. Then make the setup for q2 which would be published before the race.
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:17:11 (Së fundi edituar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:19:21 nga Stuart Foster) Citim 
I don't see what advantage it is you refer to other than a time. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but if you go with a different strategy because of what someone else has done, can you absolutely guarantee it will get you round the 300 or so km's of track faster than by doing what you were going to do without such knowledge? Cos I doubt it. And I do believe that the timings being visible and as such potentially causing managers to make a mistake with a more aggressive (and poor) choice than what they'd have done with no timings in view is actually better for the game than nothing being in view. I would always support the status quo in this instance and I don't see anything in your proposal that is an improvement.

I am quite happy qualifying early and potentially helping others to make mistakes. Or, when i'm slow, doing them on my own accord !
Kieran Taylor
(Grupi Amateur - 92)

Postime: 431
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:30:53 Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ September 15th 2018,22:25:53 )

https://youtu.be/hVzvB8-HP9Y

does it have to be only three qualifiers at a time?
Roland Postle10
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 1855
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (7)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:43:37 (Së fundi edituar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:49:20 nga Roland Postle) Citim 
It is absolutely useful to have information on other's quali laps when choosing your strategy, I can't believe anyone would argue it's not :) Knowledge is power. That a minority of people may use the knowledge stupidly doesn't prevent it being an advantage to those who use it correctly. (And the ones who use it stupidly are probably doing lots of other stupid things anyway).

The randomness of quali laps does prevent it being a large advantage before you do your lap (ie. choose tyre compound) because you only have a ballpark idea where you'll end up but it's *some* information, and being able to tweak CT/boosts/start risk/etc after the grid has formed up is a meaningful advantage some don't have because of timezone, or work commitments, or whatever.

I think the main downside of hiding the info is that we'd lose the real-time 'excitement' of people qualifying over the days before the race, which kinda helps remind and motivate the slowpokes to do their laps, and builds anticipation for the race. I find anyway. I don't think I'd watch a live Q session regularly so it would be less entertaining than now.
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:44:18 (Së fundi edituar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:45:29 nga Christopher Batchlor) Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ September 15th 2018,22:38:32 )

It´s not only this unfair advantage, it´s more about making this game even more entertaining.

The advantage isn't unfair. If you make the first move, everyone will see the results of it. What you proposed only serves to trade realism for nihilism.

Personally, I fail to see what's so entertaining about a graphical representation of hundreds of thousands of data inputs. We already have a good idea about whose driver will finish where and whatnot. If you want entertainment every week, buy entertainment weekly.

I apologize if I offended you, but this was pretty asinine.
Brad Marshall1
(Grupi Pro - 1)

Postime: 526
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:49:03 Citim 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ September 15th 2018,23:44:18 )

If you want entertainment every week, buy entertainment weekly

I do not recommend this as the reader of said publication will, in fact, not be entertained.
Kieran Taylor
(Grupi Amateur - 92)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:49:25 Citim 

Personally, I fail to see what's so entertaining about a graphical representation of hundreds of thousands of data inputs.

think this game is not for you mate
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 15 Shtator 2018, 23:58:07 (Së fundi edituar 16 Shtator 2018, 00:03:37 nga Edwin Silva) Citim 

but, in real life, times are not kept secret....if someone qualifies before someone, the time is visible. Why should this be different?

Because in real life qualifying late might be bad, given if many drivers want to try it late in the session, they will have traffic problems.

Also, in real life a driver won't qualify early because it happens he's Australian.

I'm all in for hidden qualys. The only reason I wouldn't support them is if that decision reduces the traffic from the page, due to some managers not logging in frequently in order to check the times from other managers. However, other than that I completely agree with hidden qualys (and hidden tyre selection in Pro and Master, as it happens in Elite).

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 15th 2018,23:17:11 )

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but if you go with a different strategy because of what someone else has done, can you absolutely guarantee it will get you round the 300 or so km's of track faster than by doing what you were going to do without such knowledge? Cos I doubt it.

It doesn't happen often, but I think around 1 each 4 races I tweak my strategy according with the current qualy times, and it would be more often if it wasn't because since I qualify with ~15 hours to go, I don't have the full picture. Also, it depends on circumstances. Normally a top 5 on the grid won't have issues with strategies, given those are quite straightforward if by virtue of great qualys you're almost 100% sure of not being severely handicapped by blocking. Also on the actual motivation. I don't qualify late because it isn't the best timing for me, although still doable, but if I required better performance, I'd certainly do so.
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 00:32:27 Citim 
Quote ( Kieran Taylor @ September 15th 2018,23:49:25 )

think this game is not for you mate

But that's just it though. I actually like this game. It's not about the race or the community.

It's about the whole package. One without the other is boring. I did go entire years away but for some reason I come back. It's different for many people.

My point was that even if you can't find excitement in a certain aspect of this, don't give up completely. You'll be able to see it from a new angle if you're open to it.

Michael Keeney
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 13519
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 01:04:12 Citim 
It's not feasible for a few reasons. Roland has pointed the main reasons out.

However the idea on a whole I like. Maybe this could be used in private leagues or have it as an option with private leagues?

I'd like it in the normal game. But you've got 2 hopes. No hope and Bob hope.
Kieran Taylor
(Grupi Amateur - 92)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 02:51:32 (Së fundi edituar 16 Shtator 2018, 02:52:29 nga Kieran Taylor) Citim 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ September 16th 2018,00:32:27 )

But that's just it though. I actually like this game. It's not about the race or the community. It's about the whole package. One without the other is boring. I did go entire years away but for some reason I come back. It's different for many people.My point was that even if you can't find excitement in a certain aspect of this, don't give up completely. You'll be able to see it from a new angle if you're open to it.

I presume humour & the belief that nothing in the world has a real existence was completely lost on you in regards to your earlier post.
Just like the doctrine of an extreme Russian revolutionary party c.1900 which found nothing to approve of in the established social order.
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 03:31:11 Citim 
I knew that when I was posting that.

I just forgot to take off my troll glasses.
Jose Montilla Belandria
(Grupi Rookie - 115)

Postime: 59
  Shteti:
Venezuela 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 05:39:03 Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ September 15th 2018,23:08:52 )

but, in real life, times are not kept secret....if someone qualifies before someone, the time is visible.
Yes, but all this happens within an hour and not 70.

did you consider that people qualifying early, like me, has a positive impact on the site in terms of traffic by members? Pretty sure you reduce this traffic with invisible timings. Wonder what admins might think about that. I'd log in less for sure.

They can lock q1 for example 1 day before the race and publish them so people would enter to see q1. Then make the setup for q2 which would be published before the race.

Totalmente deacuerdo contigo en la formula 1 real se clasifica en un solo dia Q1 y Q2 deberia ser interesante en este juego tambien asi se acaba los vivos que clasifican de ultimo dependiendo del tiempo del rival apoyo tu iniciativa

Totally agree with you in the real formula 1 is classified in a single day Q1 and Q2 should be interesting in this game also so it ends the living that classify last depending on the time of the rival support your initiative
Jose Montilla Belandria
(Grupi Rookie - 115)

Postime: 59
  Shteti:
Venezuela 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 05:54:29 Citim 
I do not think that explains what I agree is that the classification is made only one day, at a specific time, which could not classify is last, that is called discipline, responsibility and love of sport I think, a fan of formula one
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 06:25:40 (Së fundi edituar 16 Shtator 2018, 06:44:34 nga Mato Nikić) Citim 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ September 15th 2018,23:43:37 )

It is absolutely useful to have information on other's quali laps when choosing your strategy, I can't believe anyone would argue it's not :)
Quote ( Roland Postle @ September 15th 2018,23:43:37 )

I think the main downside of hiding the info is that we'd lose the real-time 'excitement' of people qualifying over the days before the race

I agree that there is an advantage, the higher the league is the greater impact has it.
One less restricted option could be hiding the times until a manager do the qualifying, once done she/he could see the grid.

And, maybe make the life between races more dynamic, for example let the sponsors contact you the day after and not directly after the race, uprading facilities +10 to wait for example 10 hours until the upgrade is finished.
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 07:40:50 Citim 

Personally, I fail to see what's so entertaining about a graphical representation of hundreds of thousands of data inputs.

The same you could say about the race. Right?
Ken Neihart
(Grupi Amateur - 91)

Postime: 1632
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 08:55:36 Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ September 16th 2018,06:25:40 )

I agree that there is an advantage, the higher the league is the greater impact has it.

Are you talking from experience, or assumption?
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 09:44:34 Citim 
Pure logic and study tons of data. The higher the league the less is the difference between drivers, cars, facilties ecc...so every information more makes a difference.
Ken Neihart
(Grupi Amateur - 91)

Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 09:54:20 Citim 
Whats your data and logic tell you about not being able to see others qual times?

Does it make you qual better?
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 10:09:34 Citim 
That's the point. My qualy times should not depend on this information, that is not availible to others. As Roland wrote earlier, there is for sure an advantage, you can change then your strategy, playing with under-/overcuts..ecc
Stuart Foster
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 10:17:00 Citim 
I still think that's a good thing though, cos if it's the blind leading the blind then all we have is more trains. As I said earlier, the current system ensures of traffic around the forum, and ROland is quite right that it builds momentum for the race....you're actually taking a lot of the reason people continue logging in after they qualified and until the race...which for someone like me would mean GPRO does not have any traffic for nearly 3 or 4 full days....why would I log in if there is nothing new to see?

Honestly Mato, I think the idea is nice, and I fully get the intention you have behind it....but I don't see it as being a good thing overall.
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 78)

Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #26 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 10:21:30 Citim 
You are right Stuart, therefor i've made this poll, to see the reaction and other opinions. Till now i see 2 main arguments, one for (advantage of the information that is not availible to all) and one against (site traffic between the races).
Roland Postle10
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 1855
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #27 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 10:25:08 Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ September 16th 2018,06:25:40 )

One less restricted option could be hiding the times until a manager do the qualifying, once done she/he could see the grid.

I suspect this would create a whole game within a game where we negotiate with groupmates (and especially teammates in group) to share that private info, ie. "you qualify first this time, I'll do next race" and more complex variations. Initially that might be a bit of fun but would get tedious fast and definitely defeat the aim of making things fairer for those who can't be online much between races.

Quote ( Ken Neihart @ September 16th 2018,09:54:20 )

Does it make you qual better?

At it's most basic checking the grid is a good way to stop you if you're about to qualify on dry tyres in the wet or vice versa :)
Ken Neihart
(Grupi Amateur - 91)

Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #28 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 10:32:06 Citim 
Good luck with your venture. I'll have to cut out of this convo before KP has to PM me ;)
Dominik Karda
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 5425
  Shteti:
Republika Çeke 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #29 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 12:32:46 Citim 
Nice suggestion, but I'd probably only implement it for private leagues if anything.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupi Master - 5)

Postime: 5682
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (8)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #30 Postuar 16 Shtator 2018, 12:45:30 Citim 
How about showing just positions, without times?
Faqe [12 3 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Change qualifying system Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë