Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Upgrade twice between races Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [1
Forumi sondazh teme
Should we be able to upgrade before and after testing between races?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Upgrade twice between races 27 përgjigje
Troy Sheahen
(Grupi Amateur - 30)

Postime: 1208
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (12)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 12:45:22 Citim 
To maximize parts wear and also add a bit more strategy and manipulation to the game should we be able to upgrade parts both before and after testing?

I think more interaction with the game is good.

Thoughts?
MG van Rensburg
(Grupi Amateur - 51)

Postime: 1718
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 12:51:13 Citim 
Quote ( Troy Sheahen @ January 31st 2019,12:45:22 )

To maximize parts wear and also add a bit more strategy and manipulation to the game should we be able to upgrade parts both before and after testing?

Thoughts?

All I can see this would achieve would be making things easier, less planning etc etc. A case of wanting one's cake and eating it.
Alan Horsley
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 2084
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 12:52:24 Citim 
I don't think being able to up a car part 2 levels per race is a good idea. Maybe an option to upgrade then downgrade or any other combo but a limit on 1 level growth per part per race?
Neil Mulvey
(Grupi Amateur - 80)

Postime: 143
  Shteti:
Irlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 12:57:20 Citim 
i think being able to downgrade upto 3 parts after a test should be allowed
Patrick Paarhuis
(Grupi Rookie - 178)

Postime: 250
  Shteti:
Gjermani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 14:56:37 Citim 
Quote ( Neil Mulvey @ January 31st 2019,12:57:20 )

sorry when i misunderstand but i believe you are able to Downgrade more as 3 parts (at least i did it after the last race)
Thijs Rieken
(Grupi Rookie - 23)

Postime: 1042
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 15:11:47 Citim 
The only alternative I can think of is not having to do it all in one go, but being able to do 1 action on each individual part, instead of 1 action batch for all parts.

BUT, that would make it much easier to snoop out the influence of individual parts, which takes away part of the fun in the game.
Constantin Heller
(Grupi Rookie - 22)

Postime: 2462
  Shteti:
Gjermani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 21:50:01 Citim 
Quote ( Neil Mulvey @ January 31st 2019,12:57:20 )

I really like this suggestion. Allowing downgrading of parts after Testing. But perhaps that may just make things easier for everyone...
Daniel Mason
(Grupi Amateur - 83)

Postime: 5215
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (4)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 31 Janar 2019, 22:17:56 Citim 
More unnecessary polls, really?
Troy Sheahen
(Grupi Amateur - 30)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 01:42:56 Citim 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ January 31st 2019,22:17:56 )

More unnecessary polls, really?

Yeah, how'd you vote?
José Bolívar
(Grupi Amateur - 31)

Postime: 934
  Shteti:
Venezuela 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 02:14:42 Citim 
It would be very good to test and then be able to improve the car before the race. Although I wonder why a survey? If in the end the results do not matter. I say this because of the survey that was conducted at the end of last year in relation to the Christmas and New Year's races ...
José Bolívar
(Grupi Amateur - 31)

Postime: 934
  Shteti:
Venezuela 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 02:16:36 Citim 
Quote ( Alan Horsley @ January 31st 2019,12:52:24 )

I don't think being able to up a car part 2 levels per race is a good idea. Maybe an option to upgrade then downgrade or any other combo but a limit on 1 level growth per part per race?
A good manager (with money) would not have problems with this ... And at the end of that is about being a good manager. Or not???
Jônatas Paiva
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Postime: 39
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 02:26:26 (Së fundi edituar 1 Shkurt 2019, 02:27:52 nga Jônatas Paiva) Citim 
Quote ( Troy Sheahen @ January 31st 2019,12:45:22 )

Thoughts?

I think you mean "the change of parts should be allow change car part by car part. Not all them in one time."

The actual system is fine for me but is a valid point of view.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Postime: 3021
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 02:35:05 Citim 
Quote ( José Bolívar @ February 1st 2019,02:16:36 )

A good manager (with money) would not have problems with this ... And at the end of that is about being a good manager. Or not???

Having money doesn't make one a good manager.

Regarding the idea, I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, it adds an extra step that has to be planned so it gives you more work. But it does mean it becomes easier to always have the car that you want to have. So all in all, a no from me.
Daniel Mason
(Grupi Amateur - 83)

Postime: 5215
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 04:39:08 Citim 
"HoW'd yOu vOtE?"

You act like our votes even matter....
David Jones-Winkley
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 3802
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 06:43:04 Citim 
Why make the game easier?
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupi Rookie - 166)

Postime: 1227
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 09:56:42 Citim 
This

Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ January 30th 2019,19:31:05 )

I voted for two levels above but I would add one caveat.

I would have this function available only once per season. You can use it whenever you want, but you can only user it once time per season. I think of it in a similar vein to the huge bundles of updates the F1 teams take during the first European leg of the season. Granted, this is not F1 but having this option to use only once adds in a strategy component with the second part of this caveat, which is....

After the function has been used, you cannot update your car for the next two rounds. So, if you use it right away at the first race, you have to wait for two races to update the car. It also means that if you use it on the final race, (unless you remain in one of the rookie groups, since they reset after the season) that you will need to wait until race three to upgrade your car.

I don't think that this may be a very popular idea, but it's one I just wanted to throw out there.
Béla Ormos
(Grupi Amateur - 51)

Postime: 716
  Shteti:
Hungari 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 10:06:37 Citim 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ January 31st 2019,15:11:47 )

The only alternative I can think of is not having to do it all in one go, but being able to do 1 action on each individual part, instead of 1 action batch for all parts.

I agree with that. You could have 1 action for the parts not for the car.

Anyway I don't see why it is a problem if the game becomes easier for everyone. And in my opinion this would make the game harder. I would imagine a lot of bankruptcy because of this.
Neil Mulvey
(Grupi Amateur - 80)

Postime: 143
  Shteti:
Irlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 10:21:56 Citim 
But it does mean it becomes easier to always have the car that you want to have.

Not necessarily, You still have to plan ahead. You also may lose out in a race with a few downgrades which may impact driver MOT. It can add another layer to how you approach the game

Chris Shaw
(Grupi Pro - 25)

Postime: 890
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 1 Shkurt 2019, 21:26:31 Citim 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ February 1st 2019,06:43:04 )

Why make the game easier?

Just a general comment, that'd more people would stick around. Making a game easier makes it easier for everyone, and therefore not easier. However, the suggestion in question takes away planning, which is a good aspect of any manager game.
Stefan Olofsson
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 271
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2019, 11:48:25 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2019, 11:48:56 nga Stefan Olofsson) Citim 
What if we would only be able to modify parts in 10 races of the season instead in all of them?
Janne Väänänen
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 4888
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2019, 11:59:52 Citim 
Quote ( Stefan Olofsson @ February 2nd 2019,11:48:25 )

What if we would only be able to modify parts in 10 races of the season instead in all of them?

That would make a part destroying random twice as much fun :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2019, 16:34:34 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2019, 16:43:25 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ February 1st 2019,21:26:31 )

the suggestion in question takes away planning, which is a good aspect of any manager game.

Then maybe you just don't know what management entails.

As example: This is NOT management http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html

Reducing (or taking away) elements which require planning is a bad thing for management, as planning is one element which makes a difference between managers. If you take away the planning it's no longer management, it just becomes an "incremental game",
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupi Pro - 21)

Postime: 3107
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2019, 17:16:19 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2019, 17:16:35 nga Miel Soeterbroek) Citim 
Planning being a good aspect of a management game is exactly what Chris meant, Mikko.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 2 Shkurt 2019, 17:22:52 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shkurt 2019, 17:37:48 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 2nd 2019,17:16:19 )

Planning being a good aspect of a management game is exactly what Chris meant, Mikko.

Then I probably misunderstood and if so am sorry about that.

#fever #birdflu #man-flu #massivefever
Troy Sheahen
(Grupi Amateur - 30)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2019, 08:50:56 Citim 
Quote ( Neil Mulvey @ February 1st 2019,10:21:56 )

But it does mean it becomes easier to always have the car that you want to have.

Not necessarily, You still have to plan ahead. You also may lose out in a race with a few downgrades which may impact driver MOT. It can add another layer to how you approach the game

I don't understand why people would think this will make the game easier.

It would add another layer. And I personally think a bit more in game interaction is not a bad thing?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Postime: 3021
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #26 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2019, 13:13:26 Citim 
Because you are adding an extra stepping stone to reach the same goal.

It's like you have a chess puzzle where your task is to force a checkmate in 3 moves and now you are proposing to allow 4 moves so you get "more in game interaction".

Yes it would add a layer, but for me the added layer does not outweigh the fact that you are taking away an important limitation in your planning.
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #27 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2019, 13:15:39 Citim 
A rule being the same for everybody doesn't mean it's equally easy/hard for everybody. The ability to fine tailor a car because of proposals such as multiple car replacements per race or by moving more than 1 level upwards won't be equally doable for everybody.

PHA specialization, by logic, means your car is deviating from an optimal cost, wear or level plan. You're trading cash or car level (or both) the more you specialize your car. Hence, PHA matching is easier if you have recently been in Amateur and you have fresh promo sponsors and tons of cash to spare, but not that affordable for a struggling retainer from precedent seasons. Enhancing possibilities to further specialize, thus, won't be equally doable for everybody. In that regards, I agree with Ioannis' position stated in another thread: it would further empower cash, and I think cash was already very overpowered to begin with.
Stefan Olofsson
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 271
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #28 Postuar 5 Shkurt 2019, 13:26:15 Citim 
Quote ( Stefan Olofsson @ February 2nd 2019,11:48:25 )

Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ February 2nd 2019,11:59:52 )

That would make a part destroying random twice as much fun :)

Sure. Say we keep all 16 of them during a season but have the choice of using zero, one or two per race instead.
Faqe [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Upgrade twice between races Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë