Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Promoted too quickly Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 [2 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: Promoted too quickly 40 përgjigje
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 2361
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #31 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 00:39:18 Citim 

Quote ( Max Watson @ June 13th 2020,19:53:02 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 13th 2020,19:22:58 )

I have the data to back up my take

That the game used to be easier? I’d be interested to see that :)

I've just checked and the winner of Elite in season 1 actually won the championship in his 1st season! From what I can see, nobody recently has won Elite in their first season in the game! It looks to me like all the data is pointing towards the game being harder now. :o
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 11)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #32 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 01:28:40 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 01:34:18 nga Luke Frost) Citim 

I didn't feel the need to use the "machines" but I think you still need to find a "password to Skynet".

You've got the hint though, right?

I mean, if you search outside of GPRO you can find independent web pages which back my claim. These were originally blacklisted by admins as they couldn't do anything about them. Then after a while I guess they had to let it be as everything off-site cannot be controlled. Now a quick google search means the 'FOBY culture' (which I'm sure you know based on your S33-40 reference) is basically dead and less new players are gathering data. They're getting perfect strategies for free and promoting to amateur, even pro grossly unprepared and then leaving.

Anyway, the formula for success in rookie & amateur becomes quickly evident when you do a bit of research as I posted above. Pro & above gets a bit more tricky as you have to either see someone's data or gather it on your own and hope to survive there. I hope your wild posts are an attempt to learn instead of other reasons.

By the way, if you want more researching tips, you mentioned Max's manager history. Look at that, and then trace his team movements to see what contributing factor helped him succeed: a good team!
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Postime: 665
  Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #33 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 10:05:13 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 10:08:40 nga Zé Pedro Paula) Citim 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ June 14th 2020,00:39:18 )

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Quote ( Max Watson @ June 13th 2020,19:53:02 )

I have the data to back up my take

That the game used to be easier? I’d be interested to see that :)

I've just checked and the winner of Elite in season 1 actually won the championship in his 1st season! From what I can see, nobody recently has won Elite in their first season in the game! It looks to me like all the data is pointing towards the game being harder now. :o

The minimum "data pool" is now at 10 managers. You need to get higher to stay in the game.

Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,01:28:40 )

if you search outside of GPRO you can find independent web pages

So, GPRO just lost control of what is being uploaded to the internet in the recent seasons... ???????
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #34 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 10:18:11 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 10:18:51 nga Zé Pedro Paula) Citim 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,01:28:40 )

By the way, if you want more researching tips, you mentioned Max's manager history. Look at that, and then trace his team movements to see what contributing factor helped him succeed: a good team!

Thanks for all the tips but that's not my "struggle". Teams are new? I didn't read all the announcements and change logs that carefully as your read them all with a tear dropper.

I can admit what has been hard earlier easily. Few can understand anything that might be harder later.

I'm still not impressed by all the "hardships" you have been through let alone by "seniority".

Edit: Oops, forgot to cut and paste to the post above.
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 11)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #35 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 11:13:06 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 11:14:03 nga Luke Frost) Citim 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,10:05:13 )

The minimum "data pool" is now at 10 managers. You need to get higher to stay in the game.

If you simply study in the way provided, you may figure out that data is just a part of success, especially in rookie & amateur. 1 season worth of data should be enough for you.

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,10:18:11 )

Teams are new? I didn't read all the announcements and change logs that carefully as your read them all with a tear dropper.

A team, yes, it is a good way to get the so-called 'data pool' as you work together with mates here to get everything together, you help each other by watching what works, etc. :)

The original point you're getting at, is that you believe the game was easier in "S33-40" and earlier. If you are collecting data and using that and that alone to calculate your setups, strategies (etc) then the game is harder for you, yes. . . because of the other players having much easier access to spreadsheets or web pages that calculate everything on race day.

But, like I said, it's also easier to get data from others history than before as more is available, so if you plan everything correctly you can easily win in situations you haven't been in before. So yes, you're right, competition can be a bit more difficult in terms of race strategy, but not when it comes to planning. I don't know if anything anyone ever says will make sense to you, but I'll keep trying as you got a strong belief in yourself and it's good to see a new player like that :D
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #36 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 11:32:53 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 11:34:13 nga Zé Pedro Paula) Citim 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,11:13:06 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,10:05:13 )

If you simply study in the way provided, you may figure out that data is just a part of success, especially in rookie &amp; amateur. 1 season worth of data should be enough for you.

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,10:18:11 )

Teams are new? I didn't read all the announcements and change logs that carefully as your read them all with a tear dropper.

A team, yes, it is a good way to get the so-called 'data pool' as you work together with mates here to get everything together, you help each other by watching what works, etc. :)

The original point you're getting at, is that you believe the game was easier in "S33-40" and earlier. If you are collecting data and using that and that alone to calculate your setups, strategies (etc) then the game is harder for you, yes. . . because of the other players having much easier access to spreadsheets or web pages that calculate everything on race day.

But, like I said, it's also easier to get data from others history than before as more is available, so if you plan everything correctly you can easily win in situations you haven't been in before. So yes, you're right, competition can be a bit more difficult in terms of race strategy, but not when it comes to planning. I don't know if anything anyone ever says will make sense to you, but I'll keep trying as you got a strong belief in yourself and it's good to see a new player like that :D

Newbie Rookies have no data. The first 10 races of "data" expires at race 11. It's to waste. You don't know what your random driver does good or bad. If you figure out what you want for a driver before race 10 your data is already all wrong and deceitful. Not saying you had it easier back then.

Newbie rookies were coming in throngs, were uplifted to accommodate 1 more level, then the masse ascension came and they start quitting faster than joining in. Somehow the reward seems smaller than the effort. Don't think "we" are lazier now.
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 11)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #37 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 11:43:54 Citim 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,11:32:53 )

Newbie Rookies have no data. The first 10 races of "data" expires at race 11. It's to waste. You don't know what your random driver does good or bad. If you figure out what you want for a driver before race 10 your data is already all wrong and deceitful. Not saying you had it easier back then.

Newbie rookies were coming in throngs, were uplifted to accommodate 1 more level, then the masse ascension came and they start quitting faster than joining in. Somehow the reward seems smaller than the effort. Don't think "we" are lazier now.

This is where, if they read, and if they research, they will quickly realise that the random driver is called "bad random driver" for a reason, and that the market has thousands of drivers to choose from.

Regarding data, you can spend 5-10min putting that data on a spreadsheet and using the track characteristics to more efficiently predict tracks you haven't been on.

There's more than one way to move ahead. The problems you speak of here were also evident in early days, except there were much less amateur groups, therefore more competition and you were more likely to relegate.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #38 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 12:13:28 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 12:16:40 nga Zé Pedro Paula) Citim 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,11:43:54 )

There's more than one way to move ahead

Fortunately. That isn't the first impression, looks that there is only one driver skill that does the trick to get to Amateur.

Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,11:43:54 )

there were much less amateur groups, therefore more competition and you were more likely to relegate

S23-S33. The graph gives a good sign after Pro level creation, Rookies and Total managers growth almost come to a stop. Then another big high again. It's easier to speak now but Amateurs should have kept growing slowly so the Rookies growth would be slower than the Total managers' growth.

OK. Game was tougher for the class of 23 to 33. :-)
Luke Frost
(Grupi Rookie - 11)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #39 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 12:40:24 (Së fundi edituar 14 Qershor 2020, 12:42:45 nga Luke Frost) Citim 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,12:13:28 )

Fortunately. That isn't the first impression, looks that there is only one driver skill that does the trick to get to Amateur.

I can understand your perspective. Every stat has its own benefit, and most have a big impact on track speed (over the course of the race, which includes time gained through less fuel/tyre use).

If you check out the page /gb/AvailDrivers.asp?MinOA=101&MaxOA=111&con=&ta... click on each driver until you find one with a higher than normal pts/race score, and then use the info available to get some theories together.

eg Jochen Winkelhock /gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=2427
has avg 1.5 pts/race 3rd in the list on that page
the last person to use him dropped him at R8
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=167591
How did this manager perform with such a driver in amateur?
Q: 15 20 3 17 12 18 17
R: 9 16 11 29 12 25 13
Not bad, but can you find one who promoted from rookie?
Better yet, can you find one who wins in amateur?
Hint: /gb/AllPromotions.asp
some drivers who won races are now free agents.

So if you do this kind of research 100 times and save the data in a way you can understand, you will develop a genuine knowledge about what's in your future, at least regarding drivers :-)
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupi Rookie - 62)

Shteti:
Mozambik 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #40 Postuar 14 Qershor 2020, 13:00:17 Citim 

Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 14th 2020,12:40:24 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ June 14th 2020,12:13:28 )

I can understand your perspective. Every stat has its own benefit, and most have a big impact on track speed (over the course of the race, which includes time gained through less fuel/tyre use).

If you check out the page /gb/AvailDrivers.asp?MinOA=101&amp;MaxOA=111&amp;con=&amp;ta... click on each driver until you find one with a higher than normal pts/race score, and then use the info available to get some theories together.

eg Jochen Winkelhock /gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=2427
has avg 1.5 pts/race 3rd in the list on that page
the last person to use him dropped him at R8
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=167591
How did this manager perform with such a driver in amateur?
Q: 15 20 3 17 12 18 17
R: 9 16 11 29 12 25 13
Not bad, but can you find one who promoted from rookie?
Better yet, can you find one who wins in amateur?
Hint: /gb/AllPromotions.asp
some drivers who won races are now free agents.

So if you do this kind of research 100 times and save the data in a way you can understand, you will develop a genuine knowledge about what's in your future, at least regarding drivers :-)

That's for Amateur level. Ans stop making the game even easier.

I got my 3rd driver, after having the 2nd according to the game's "standards", like this.

Search for a more reality standard skill, 18 old, 1 race, 0 wins anything, OA 74, first name Jim. Had to be the guy for me. :-) I like to come from the very bottom in any game.
Chris Harris
(Grupi Amateur - 12)

Postime: 12
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #41 Postuar 11 Korrik 2020, 11:51:13 Citim 
Thanks for the help all - survived! Just.
Now to figure out how to bring in some cash from sponsors, (sooooo slow to negotiate!) get myself a driver to develop and score some points! I think going for an "experienced" but cheaper driver helped in survival season, he got another years racing, i got someone just about quick enough for <0.5mil a race, winners all round.
Faqe « 1 [2 Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Promoted too quickly Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë