Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Tyre wear in last race Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [1
Autori Temë: Tyre wear in last race 15 përgjigje
Wilian Souza
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Postime: 767
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 14 Gusht 2020, 22:56:05 (Së fundi edituar 14 Gusht 2020, 22:58:34 nga Wilian Souza) Citim 
Is there anyone else wondering about the megadurability of the rain tyres in last race?

The estimated tyre life I've got in this race was of - watch out! - 1220 km in the first stint and 1745 km in the last stint!

And this is what I've got using Pipirellis, one of the least durable tyres on the grid!

Either the tread of these rain tyres is pure rock, or there's something really wrong on how the game engine calculates tyre duration. In fact, the more close to zero degrees temperature is, the closest to infinite is tyre duration. The average temperature was 3.4 ºC in my 1st stint and 1.1 in my last stint.
Wilian Souza
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 14 Gusht 2020, 22:57:35 (Së fundi edituar 14 Gusht 2020, 22:58:12 nga Wilian Souza) Citim 
EDIT - duplicate post
George Slater4
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 603
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 14 Gusht 2020, 22:58:34 Citim 
It's not a bug, if that's what you're wondering :)
Josh Clark
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 6667
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 14 Gusht 2020, 23:01:24 Citim 
Technically speaking, rain tyres should absolutely last an extremely long time if they never overheat, let alone remain ice cold ;)
Wilian Souza
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 01:00:45 Citim 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ August 14th 2020,23:01:24 )

Technically speaking, rain tyres should absolutely last an extremely long time if they never overheat, let alone remain ice cold ;)

Yeah, in GPRO world I suppose...

Remember there's the scrubbing of tyres inherent to movement, which is the basic contributor of tyre wear...lower temperatures should only decrease it a bit
Nilton Garcez Filho
(Grupi Amateur - 26)

Postime: 22
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 02:05:24 Citim 
Ayrton Senna won the GP of Detroit with his Lotus in 1987 without making a single pit stop. Just one example on how it can be possible.
Athol Kay
(Grupi Pro - 9)

Postime: 112
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 02:26:45 Citim 
Isn't a better question why we didn't need snow tires?
Juan Atristain
(Grupi Rookie - 141)

Postime: 18
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 02:46:27 Citim 
Yeah, in GPRO world I suppose...

Remember there's the scrubbing of tyres inherent to movement, which is the basic contributor of tyre wear...lower temperatures should only decrease it a bit

And in real life too, wet weather tyres last a lot longer than any dry compound because unlike slicks wets are not designed to cliff down in performance or have such an aggressive degradation, but instead they are meant to keep the car from aquaplaning and allow racing under wet conditions.
Kaspar Marcus Paukson
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Postime: 631
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 08:48:37 Citim 
Everything was as it's supposed to be, but I was wondering:

Because the world is getting polluted more and more and it's affecting the climate then maybe in favor of climate conservation we use the same sets of tyres in Sepang?

It won't make much of a difference for Sepang and we'd be saving the climate. Who's with me?
Ankit Jakhar
(Grupi Rookie - 165)

Postime: 157
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 10:14:55 Citim 
Quote ( Kaspar Marcus Paukson @ August 15th 2020,08:48:37 )

Because the world is getting polluted more and more and it's affecting the climate then maybe in favor of climate conservation we use the same sets of tyres in Sepang?

It won't make much of a difference for Sepang and we'd be saving the climate. Who's with me?

different track layout different corners different asphalt different temperature, different humidity in strategist's shoes no:( ...... if anyone would be drunk and watching Greta Thunberg then they might agree with you ;)
Kaspar Marcus Paukson
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Postime: 631
  Shteti:
Estoni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 20:41:37 Citim 
Quote ( Ankit Jakhar @ August 15th 2020,10:14:55 )

Quote ( Kaspar Marcus Paukson @ August 15th 2020,08:48:37 )

different track layout different corners different asphalt different temperature, different humidity in strategist's shoes no:( ...... if anyone would be drunk and watching Greta Thunberg then they might agree with you ;)

Idk, my tyres would last splendidly and I 0-stopped in Yas
Juan Atristain
(Grupi Rookie - 141)

Postime: 18
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 15 Gusht 2020, 21:57:21 Citim 
Idk, my tyres would last splendidly and I 0-stopped in Yas

I doubt we'll be able to 0-stop in Sepang, track temperature will be considerably higher.
Roy Mitchell
(Grupi Amateur - 67)

Postime: 5905
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 16 Gusht 2020, 03:11:59 Citim 
Yas Marina was one of the coldest, if not THE coldest, I've run. No possibility of Rain tires at these temps can go the full race.
Rogerio Mandler
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 352
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 17 Gusht 2020, 20:06:12 (Së fundi edituar 17 Gusht 2020, 20:11:09 nga Rogerio Mandler) Citim 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 16th 2020,03:11:59 )

No possibility of Rain tires at these temps can go the full race.

Sepang is more interesting for 0 pits than the race in Yas Marina. I bet on dozens of 0 pits in the elite / master. Maybe hundreds in Pro / Amateur. If the whole race is in the rain, obviously.
Wilian Souza
(Grupi Amateur - 18)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 17 Gusht 2020, 20:37:44 (Së fundi edituar 17 Gusht 2020, 20:42:57 nga Wilian Souza) Citim 
Quote ( Rogerio Mandler @ August 17th 2020,20:06:12 )

Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 16th 2020,03:11:59 )

No possibility of Rain tires at these temps can go the full race.

Sepang is more interesting for 0 pits than the race in Yas Marina. I bet on dozens of 0 pits in the elite / master. Maybe hundreds in Pro / Amateur. If the whole race is in the rain, obviously.

I don't think so, because temperatures will be way higher than last race. Duration may get close to a full GP distance, but won't last enough. At least according to my previous data.

Quote ( Nilton Garcez Filho @ August 15th 2020,02:05:24 )

Ayrton Senna won the GP of Detroit with his Lotus in 1987 without making a single pit stop. Just one example on how it can be possible.

I'm not complaining about whether rain tyres can go for a full GP without need for pitstops. I just think it's very strange that a tyre could do 4 GPs like last one in theory!

Rogerio Mandler
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 352
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 17 Gusht 2020, 21:32:38 (Së fundi edituar 17 Gusht 2020, 21:40:28 nga Rogerio Mandler) Citim 
Wilian,
Use the data you have. Ever.

In the rookie 0 pit it must be very difficult (almost impossible), but there are many amateurs with a car / driver to complete without a pit in Sepang. Many managers in the amateur may not have the right driver atribbute or the right car part for 0 pit. And maybe 1 pit is faster. Maybe not. Your choice.

But I'm sure that some managers in the amateur will try without a pit. And if the race is full of rain, some of them will be able to complete it.
---
Running 1-2 degrees with rain all the time, I had never run. Only who knows if it was BUG (Yas Marina) or not was who programmed the game.
Players can only know after running 2 times in the same condition. It was my first Rain 1 degree with rain.
Apparently, an EXPONENTIAL curve in the tire, in the extreme conditions of Yas Marina. Not necessarily a bug.

And forget about references to realism. Think just like a mathematical formula for gpro. Eventually some gpro mathematical formula turns out to be similar to reality, but most of the time it is not.

Faqe [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Tyre wear in last race Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë