Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Make the front wing replaceble during races! Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [12 3 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Forumi sondazh teme
Should the front wing be able to be replaced mid-race?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: Make the front wing replaceble during races! 73 përgjigje
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Postime: 165
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:50:31 Citim 
In the last race, my car's front wing broke. Why can't the front wing be replaced during the race? I missed out on several points due to this.
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 88)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (14)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:51:53 (Së fundi edituar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:52:41 nga Luke Frost) Citim 
Just like in F1, sometimes it's fixable and sometimes it isn't.
David Evans
(Grupi Amateur - 1)

Postime: 210
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:55:25 Citim 
Unless it was a random, you need to manage your part wear to ensure that doesn't happen. keep an eye out on percentage wear and replace/downgrade when it reaches a certain percentage or risk a technical fault like you had that could ruin your race.

adding part replacements during a race would probably require a good amount of coding, plus it wouldn't save your race as it would no doubt involve a good amount of time to replace in a pitstop in addition to the standard stop.

Plan ahead my friend :)
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:56:11 Citim 
In F1 every time the front wing broke it got replaced. I never saw a time when a front wing caused terminal damage.
Branislav Mihic
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 194
  Shteti:
Danimarkë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (6)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:57:07 Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ February 3rd 2021,15:56:11 )

In F1 every time the front wing broke it got replaced. I never saw a time when a front wing caused terminal damage.

This isn't F1.
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 15:58:39 Citim 
I read all the data. Trust me, I did plan ahead, and with 48% wing damage, I thought my car would just be able to withstand the race length. I also hadn't replaced it pre-race - same with the rear wing, which was also 48% damage and somehow did make it to the end - because I had to save money.
Branislav Mihic
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 194
  Shteti:
Danimarkë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:00:06 Citim 
It can be very frustrating with these randoms. But they are in the game for a reason.
David Evans
(Grupi Amateur - 1)

Postime: 210
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:00:24 Citim 
Many will tell you, this is based around F1 but not exactly it down to a tea.

Take note of what your part wear was before the race, what it was at the end of the race, and maybe consider the risks you may have run (they may or may not play a part). This may give you a good indication in that specific race what you may need to tweak to avoid it in future or whether you just simply replace the part and not worry.

oh and randoms are randoms. no one can prepare for that, can only accept it.
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 88)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:07:01 Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ February 3rd 2021,15:58:39 )

I read all the data. Trust me, I did plan ahead, and with 48% wing damage, I thought my car would just be able to withstand the race length. I also hadn't replaced it pre-race - same with the rear wing, which was also 48% damage and somehow did make it to the end - because I had to save money.

It does happen a lot. There have been a lot of threads about what is, in your case, 'random' and wouldn't you say it is realistic in motorsport to have some bad luck sometimes?

It might not be exactly how it goes in F1, to see smoke pouring out of the car for a lot of the race, but it is an attempt to capture the misfortune of motorsport. As you move up in ranking in GPRO you will learn to plan in case of this stuff happening.

Good luck in the next races :)
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:12:11 Citim 
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'd love it if my poll turned out as yes, but I'll take everything you all said on board.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupi Pro - 24)

Postime: 464
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:41:06 Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ February 3rd 2021,16:12:11 )

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'd love it if my poll turned out as yes, but I'll take everything you all said on board.

Certain tracks put a lot of load on the wings, while others may break the engine.
Rookie is the perfect place to find out about these outlier tracks.

Hope you get a decent result in the next one!
Twig Fahaji
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 445
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 16:59:03 Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ February 3rd 2021,15:58:39 )

My first ever GPRO race was Hungary. Pretty sure I replaced my wings for the next race because I saw they couldn't handle the same wear again. Obviously I didn't need to because the next race wasn't so bad, but you learn these things pretty quickly and is the reason rookie exists and operates the way it does.

Not sure you needed to create a poll to change the game, but no harm in asking questions when things seem a bit odd, people will point you in the right direction!
Bradley Preen
(Grupi Rookie - 150)

Postime: 286
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 17:19:49 (Së fundi edituar 3 Shkurt 2021, 17:20:28 nga Bradley Preen) Citim 
that's happened to me as wellit should be replacable like f1
but seriously keep an eye on your wear
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 17:55:29 Citim 
Could I just ask, whoever put no to the poll, do you think, just out of general interest, you would have better races and do better if the front wing was replaceable?
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupi Pro - 24)

Postime: 464
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 18:11:46 (Së fundi edituar 3 Shkurt 2021, 18:12:29 nga Amitesh Patnaik) Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ February 3rd 2021,17:55:29 )

Could I just ask, whoever put no to the poll, do you think, just out of general interest, you would have better races and do better if the front wing was replaceable?

It would affect the setup drastically, and it is better to plan for such circumstances. It could help in certain circumstances but in rookie, the reset will nullify your results anyway. And by the time you are out of rookie, you probably won't have front wing failures as often as you think, unless you choose to have it.

And there are cases when your front wing is repaired in the race. Those are fixable randoms.

Could I ask you, with all due respect, why you think this is a problem?
Had it been a huge problem wouldn't it have been sorted in the last 15 years?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 18:34:53 Citim 

Maybe you just haven't seen enough races

There has been cases where a damaged wing hasn't been replaced and it has consequently led to DNF
Jaime Sinclair
(Grupi Rookie - 78)

Postime: 52
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 20:45:50 (Së fundi edituar 3 Shkurt 2021, 20:54:36 nga Jaime Sinclair) Citim 

Hi, Ryan. I was one of the ones who voted "No". It's not because the races wouldn't be better if we could do this sort of thing during the race, but mainly because:

1. I can watch every race live (4 PM for me is a very good time for race starts). But what about the ones who can't watch it live because of work or time zone or whatever other reason? That would be unfair;

2. The races aren't "live", really. We don't have access to things that happen "during the race", because the race outcome is calculated ahead of schedule, if I'm not mistaken. What we watch is a replay, a video tape, if you will. So there wouldn't be a way we can change things during the race without changing the entire game.

So would it be nice? Sure! Would it be worthwhile? I doubt so.

Now, if you're talking about setting up (pre-race) some policies on what to do if X occurs during the race, then yes. But we already have that setting "to pit or not to pit" when something goes wrong with your car. And yes, there are some things that can't be repaired. I got hit with a random "your steering wheel had to be replaced" that cost me some races ago, but yeah... just bad luck. Gotta deal with that.

Adrian Zanoli
(Grupi Amateur - 80)

Postime: 118
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 3 Shkurt 2021, 21:35:23 Citim 
With 3 pits and the 5th fastest car on the grid, U was doomed to be outside points anyway.
Adonijah Kenneth
(Grupi Amateur - 86)

Postime: 65
  Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 04:46:18 Citim 
this game is like F1 but not F1... so we should play its rules as a different League than F1.
Erik Harken
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 439
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 04:53:24 Citim 
Quote ( Branislav Mihic @ February 3rd 2021,15:57:07 )

This isn't F1.

Always found this to be a rather silly argument as it's a game grounded in F1 :)

In this case, think it's been well explained why there's some variance in this particular experience vs real life
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 88)

Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 05:16:08 (Së fundi edituar 4 Shkurt 2021, 05:27:14 nga Luke Frost) Citim 

It is realistic in motorsport to see a car limping home sometimes, if there is damage on it, so my vote was no because I think it is good the way it is as it's a game I enjoy because of how closely it replicates motorsport.

Of course the management of finances, long term planning according to group structure are unique elements but most of the game is all about putting yourself in the shoes of the manager of an F1 team, and bad luck is definitely a big part of that.

At least there isn't Safety Cars! :D
Glen Fury
(Grupi Amateur - 80)

Postime: 4
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 06:32:30 Citim 
Id probably be for the idea, but I would add a whole 'replacable' car parts system - you would have to buy the extra wing pre race for it to be able to be fixed. Also the pit stop would be a long time say 50+ seconds.

Liviu Sandu
(Grupi Amateur - 72)

Postime: 406
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 06:57:51 (Së fundi edituar 4 Shkurt 2021, 06:58:16 nga Liviu Sandu) Citim 
Closer to reality is to be able to use various sets of tires during the race. At least a combination of two types. For example soft + medium ...
Bradley Preen
(Grupi Rookie - 150)

Postime: 286
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 09:12:52 Citim 
your not the only one with bad wear
feels like avus all over again
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 1008
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 09:16:50 (Së fundi edituar 4 Shkurt 2021, 09:18:45 nga Ioannis Kalogirou) Citim 
- Αnything that moves in the Right Realistic Direction ...IT IS GOOD.!!!
...And in addition we must be able to correct the setups (clicks) from the front wing. !!! ...with the corresponding delay time Of course.!!!

:)
Good Day to ALL from Beautiful SITHONIA/Chalkidiki/GREECE.!!!
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #26 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:07:38 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ February 3rd 2021,18:34:53 )

Maybe you just haven't seen enough races

There has been cases where a damaged wing hasn't been replaced and it has consequently led to DNF
Sorry, I've watched F1 for 9 or 10 years and never saw a time when, oh, the front wing came off, park the car at the side of the track. Never. They go to the pits and get it replaced. Puncture? Yes, that CAN lead to retirement IF you can't make it to the pits. Rear wing gone? Yes, you'd be so slow in the corners that you'd be wasting your time at the back of the grid. Engine oil kill? Yep, we saw that with Perez in the Abu Dhabi GP two months ago. Front wing? Never. The pit crew have some 5-6 spare. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell us when a front wing caused terminal damage?
Toni Kazanjyan
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 277
  Shteti:
Armeni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #27 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:11:21 (Së fundi edituar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:41:44 nga Toni Kazanjyan) Citim 
i might agree with you , front wing failures, should not cause retirement.
may be : the risk chosen when car is malfunctioning.. ( if too high )
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 1008
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #28 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:41:53 Citim 
Quote ( Toni Kazanjyan @ February 4th 2021,11:11:21 )

but i might agree with you , front wing failures, should not cause retirement.
may be : the risk chosen when car is malfunctioning.. ( if too high )

...not Only in This Case Toni.!!!
...I Thing to Have PROGRAMMABLE Replays in Usual Pitstop.!!!! :)
Toni Kazanjyan
(Grupi Pro - 3)

Postime: 277
  Shteti:
Armeni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #29 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:48:16 Citim 
FERNANDO ALONSO , broke front wing in MALAYSIA 2013 and had DNF . @Ryan Jones (R87)
@Mikko Heikkinen (P5)
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #30 Postuar 4 Shkurt 2021, 11:53:51 Citim 
Quote ( Toni Kazanjyan @ February 4th 2021,11:48:16 )

FERNANDO ALONSO , broke front wing in MALAYSIA 2013 and had DNF . @Ryan Jones (R87)
@Mikko Heikkinen (P5)
There's a difference. My wing came off, my driver didn't pit and he had to finish the race without a wing. That's the point of my poll. In GPRO races, you don't break your wing then find yourself in the gravel.
Faqe [12 3 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Make the front wing replaceble during races! Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë