Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsors contract (extension option) Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [1
Autori Temë: Sponsors contract (extension option) 26 përgjigje
Ryan White
(Grupi Rookie - 99)

Postime: 13
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (10)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 16:38:04 Citim 
I haven't seen anything like this in the forums but it would be nice if you could have an option to extend your current sponsors contracts. There would obivously need to be some restrictions on it. I think it could be a expedited option where the manager would propose to extend ( as is same length of contract shortening the contract or changing the money per race) same as we currently have fro drivers.

I think there should also be qualifiers such as
-cannot have missed a race
-have scored certain number of points
-reached a certain level in the ko cup for your group
- or be above a certain place in season standings
Guilherme Franco
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Postime: 443
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (6)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 16:49:57 (Së fundi edituar 2 Prill 2021, 16:50:13 nga Guilherme Franco) Citim 
What about:

- They pay you the double of the 1st offer in an extention
- You can choose any driver in market to replace yours for free when reaching your sponsors goals
- If you are using any premium tire like Hanckocs/Michelini/Bridgerock when expiring the contract they triple their offer
-but you need to keep improving your goals, if you dont reach them they will process you leading you to -$14999999

Nah just joking, sponsors is one the most important factor in the game and if you change this balance with such intensity you will lead the game to another kind of gameplay I cant measure right now.

But you started :P
Luke Frost
(Grupi Amateur - 15)

Postime: 11111
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 16:57:05 (Së fundi edituar 2 Prill 2021, 16:57:48 nga Luke Frost) Citim 
Excellent suggestion. I like how a sponsor would require a team to take a minimum result to get a renewal, this is how it works in real life. There could be 'mid-table' sponsors as well, based on this.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:07:08 (Së fundi edituar 2 Prill 2021, 17:14:06 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
This is a suggestion with quite significant changes to the financial model

The current way (no extensions) serves a purpose, it prevents "hogging of sponsors" (same for TD contracts), to enable also others to try and compete for the same sponsor/TD, to prevent "locking" them for several seasons.

IF extensions would be allowed, it would mean that the top managers would eventually sign all the sponsors from the market, and the mid-to-low ranking managers would not even have the chance to start negotiations.

As result, just enabling the extensions would lead into even more dire situations.

Now... ofcourse that could be countered by introducing hundreds of sponsors to every group :)

but the point is that this is a far larger suggestion than it might seem at first, as it would generate a significant change to the financial model as a whole, which should be carefully considered.
Ryan Jones
(Grupi Rookie - 87)

Postime: 165
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:20:24 Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 2nd 2021,17:07:08 )

IF extensions would be allowed, it would mean that the top managers would eventually sign all the sponsors from the market, and the mid-to-low ranking managers would not even have the chance to start negotiations.

As result, just enabling the extensions would lead into even more dire situations
Not necessarily. Remember a manager can only have 5 sponsors at a time. Plus all the higher managers in the league would go for the higher sponsors. Also you can't negotiate with more than two sponsors at a time. There's plenty of opportunities for everyone to get at least two sponsors.
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Postime: 2566
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:23:28 Citim 
Quote ( Ryan Jones @ April 2nd 2021,17:20:24 )

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 2nd 2021,17:07:08 )

As result, just enabling the extensions would lead into even more dire situations
Not necessarily. Remember a manager can only have 5 sponsors at a time. Plus all the higher managers in the league would go for the higher sponsors. Also you can't negotiate with more than two sponsors at a time. There's plenty of opportunities for everyone to get at least two sponsors.

You don't have to stop sponsor negotiations once you have all 5 spots filled ;)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:28:52 (Së fundi edituar 2 Prill 2021, 17:31:09 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 

Not necessarily. Remember a manager can only have 5 sponsors at a time.

So top ~15 managers could have 75 sponsors. There are currently 71 free sponsors in your group.

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 2nd 2021,17:23:28 )

You don't have to stop sponsor negotiations once you have all 5 spots filled ;)

And then there's that :)

Also you can't negotiate with more than two sponsors at a time.

Maybe In rookie :)
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupi Amateur - 9)

Postime: 1405
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:29:18 (Së fundi edituar 2 Prill 2021, 17:30:41 nga Niels Van Heijster) Citim 

... Also you can't negotiate with more than two sponsors at a time...

Aaahh, ignorance is bliss, still so much to learn ...
Until then your comments are based on incorrect foundations and assumptions.

EDIT: Of course Mikko beat me to it yet again ;)
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupi Pro - 18)

Postime: 2566
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 17:31:41 Citim 

Also you can't negotiate with more than two sponsors at a time.

You can't. Perhaps there is something that affects the amount of sponsors you can negotiate with? Something for you to think about.
Jay De Snoo
(Grupi Master - 5)

Postime: 927
  Shteti:
Holandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 18:38:42 Citim 

Quote ( Ryan White @ April 2nd 2021,16:38:04 )

I haven't seen anything like this in the forums but it would be nice if you could have an option to extend your current sponsors contracts. There would obivously need to be some restrictions on it. I think it could be a expedited option where the manager would propose to extend ( as is same length of contract shortening the contract or changing the money per race) same as we currently have fro drivers.

I think there should also be qualifiers such as

-cannot have missed a race

-have scored certain number of points

-reached a certain level in the ko cup for your group

- or be above a certain place in season standings

Like the idea, but before I would even reconsider an extention maybe they first can stop spitting me in the face the race after they finally signed the contract since the didn't like the result?! ;) Especially when that result is because my driver doesn't want to extend the contract unless we show him we can do real bad results too...

^2 of the most annoying illogical things in a other than that very nice game if you ask me
Ryan White
(Grupi Rookie - 99)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 20:05:27 Citim 
In order to nsur the market continues to flow i think a cap on the number of times you can extend. Likewise though by extensions being conditional to meeting a goal of promotion or finish at a certain level also accomplishes this as well.
Teagarden Wrecks
(Grupi Amateur - 44)

Postime: 78
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 2 Prill 2021, 21:44:30 Citim 

I would think, only allowing 1 sponsor to extend, would be a good place to start.

Perhaps a certain spot on car only.

or if you meet expectations, they approach you to extend, and if you accept you lock out your other sponsors from extending, but if you say no, you lost that sponsor and no guarantee another will offer an extension.
Ryan White
(Grupi Rookie - 99)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 3 Prill 2021, 00:40:22 Citim 
Quote ( Teagarden Wrecks @ April 2nd 2021,21:44:30 )

I would think, only allowing 1 sponsor to extend, would be a good place to start.

Perhaps a certain spot on car only.

or if you meet expectations, they approach you to extend, and if you accept you lock out your other sponsors from extending, but if you say no, you lost that sponsor and no guarantee another will offer an extension.

That's an interesting spin on it as well
Geoff Todd
(Grupi Rookie - 56)

Postime: 272
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 22 Qershor 2021, 00:55:14 Citim 
Looks a great idea to me. Here's hoping the powers that be think seriously about it. would love to see it brought in.
Denny Holt
(Grupi Amateur - 9)

Postime: 270
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:15:21 (Së fundi edituar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:16:22 nga Denny Holt) Citim 
Since we are on the topic of Sponsor contracts, I was wondering why a sponsor who becomes disgruntled with your performance is able to break the contract and walk away without any penalty. If we break our contract with our driver, we have to pay them 50% of the remaining contract value. I think it would be reasonable that a disgruntled sponsor who breaks a contract should have to do the same. After all, it is a contract, not a simple, verbal agreement.

I suppose you could make the argument that lack of performance by the manager and his team would constitute the original breach of the contract, but then that same argument could be reasonably made regarding a driver's contract as well.

There seems to be a disparity in the manner in which "contracts" are handled.
Steven Rose
(Grupi Amateur - 50)

Postime: 313
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:19:05 Citim 
What is to say the contract has any clause to penalise the sponsor if it is broken?
Jens Jäschke
(Grupi Rookie - 77)

Postime: 511
  Shteti:
Gjermani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:19:35 Citim 
A driver generally wouldn't have certain performance written into their contract. There are just too many variables that lie outside of a driver's influence.
Also they are a single person so different laws apply (mainly employment laws).

A sponsor, on the other hand, could easily negotiate a certain performance requirement, as it's a business-to-business contract.
Steven Rose
(Grupi Amateur - 50)

Postime: 313
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:32:40 (Së fundi edituar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:33:16 nga Steven Rose) Citim 
In this very GPRO-oriented context though we don't know the contract so one assumes there is no such compensatary clause should the sponsor break the contract for poor performance or indeed there is a clause that foregoes any compensation to the team if such a break is made but either way no compensation is given.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 2728
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 00:41:16 Citim 
IIRC there is a compensation, it is simply very low, somewhere around 5%

It's been a long time since I have not lost a sponsor for me to look for the exact amount.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 03:27:29 (Së fundi edituar 24 Korrik 2021, 03:56:34 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Denny Holt @ July 24th 2021,00:15:21 )

we have to pay them 50% of the remaining contract value. I think it would be reasonable that a disgruntled sponsor who breaks a contract should have to do the same.

That could easily lead into situation where sponsor breaking the contract would actually be a reward, so there would be no incentive to try and make the contract last the whole duration. (won't go into details but I'm confident you'll get it)

Point being, such high compensations could be counterproductive

btw: there is a compensation but it is quite low.

I suppose you could make the argument that lack of performance by the manager and his team would constitute the original breach of the contract,

Indeed. Which is why the sponsor isn't obliged to pay for services not rendered.

but then that same argument could be reasonably made regarding a driver's contract as well.

Well, not really. It's not quite as straightforward as that. After all, the manager does effect the drivers possibilities to perform.

I'll give an extreme example: Elite manager chooses pipirelli tyres and buys level 1 car:

sponsor leaving would be result of mangers choices (no reason for sponsor to "reward" that with bulk sum)
driver not performing well would be result of manager choices (manger should pay for potential breach of contract)

There seems to be a disparity in the manner in which "contracts" are handled.

Or maybe no 'disparity', as seen in the examples that it's designed in a way which does not encourage/reward the 'abuse' of the contracts in question
Ian Brooks
(Grupi Amateur - 71)

Postime: 26
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 04:20:26 Citim 
I like the idea, but instead of simply renewing, make it so that we can begin negotiations on a contract extension, just like when negotiating a new sponsor. Get it wrong during negotiations and they withdraw, or they may only offer a shorter/less lucrative deal to renew. The gamble being that while you negotiate with them, you may miss out on a new, better sponsor.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 1008
  Shteti:
Greqi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 08:03:49 Citim 
- Α sponsor mechanism that ignores the effort and performance of a car and its driver and gives no Motivations to reward is completely Wrong.!!!
...is completely out of the logic of advertising and the logic of the Markets and Human Logic.!!!

- Τry to design the mechanism from the beginning give clear motives and finally stop punishing the players and breaking their nerves.!!!
...so maybe we can save the game that will soon be played only by the 500 of your company.-
(although from what I see lately they leave you too.-)

...sorry to say so cynically, but someone at the age of 66 has to shake the stagnant waters while there is still time.

Good Day to All and good luck to 83 season from Beautiful Sithonia Chalkidiki GREECE.!!!
:)
Davide Panella
(Grupi Pro - 25)

Postime: 45
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 12:03:43 Citim 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ July 24th 2021,08:03:49 )

- Α sponsor mechanism that ignores the effort and performance of a car and its driver and gives no Motivations to reward is completely Wrong.!!!
...is completely out of the logic of advertising and the logic of the Markets and Human Logic.!!!

In my humble opinion it is also outside the logic of advertising that in a season like I did (1st in the standings, cup final, 7 wins, 14 podiums) a sponsor lost 2 bars of satisfaction after a 13th and 6th placements. It doesn't make sense honestly.
Torge Thorsson
(Grupi Amateur - 26)

Postime: 12
  Shteti:
Gjermani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 24 Korrik 2021, 12:47:42 Citim 
look around, much too much high quality sponsors with bars 5-7.
most of them still useless for the game !
Ufuk Yasayan
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 139
  Shteti:
Turqi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 31 Korrik 2021, 18:47:33 Citim 
not enough sponsors...give 100 sponsors to each group
WHY only 70 sposnsors
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 5)

Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #26 Postuar 31 Korrik 2021, 19:01:53 (Së fundi edituar 31 Korrik 2021, 19:02:39 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Ufuk Yasayan @ July 31st 2021,18:47:33 )

not enough sponsors...give 100 sponsors to each group
WHY only 70 sposnsors

That there are ~70 free sponsors at this moment in your group, there are more than that but some of them are under contract so the total amount is more
Ufuk Yasayan
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 139
  Shteti:
Turqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #27 Postuar 31 Korrik 2021, 19:45:23 (Së fundi edituar 31 Korrik 2021, 19:53:22 nga Ufuk Yasayan) Citim 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ July 31st 2021,19:01:53 )

Alıntı ( Ufuk Yasayan @ 31 Temmuz 2021,18:47:33 )

yeterli sponsor yok...her gruba 100 sponsor verin
NEDEN sadece 70 sponsor

Şu anda grubunuzda ~70 ücretsiz sponsor var, bundan daha fazlası var ama bazıları sözleşmeli, bu yüzden toplam tutar daha fazla.

Lol 2 sponsors %100 20 sponsors %80+ 30 sponsors %20+ only 2 sponsors %4...no have free sponsors -
Faqe [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsors contract (extension option) Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë