Should prices change?
Sign in om te kunnen stemmen of de resultaten te kunnen zien
Auteur Onderwerp: Reduce car part costs 27 antwoorden
Sharon Watson
(Groep Rookie - 250)

Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (18)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 04:51:37 Quote 
So I've just finished the recent race and I'm updating my car.As the name goes I think costs should come down a little as myself thinks it is too much especially the $3.000.000 parts.

P.S. I won't be back on this forum for a while,it is 10 to 4 in Scotland right now :)
Mike Becnel
(Groep Amateur - 60)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (6)   Houd niet van deze post (4)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 04:54:14 Quote 
5 races and you want to change the parts cost?

Umm...I vote no.

Now start talking about the sponsor system and I will get all hot and bothered.
Jeremy Nunn
(Groep Rookie - 157)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 04:57:12 Quote 
Too many strategies and careers have been based on it being this way, for them to change it even by a minor amount at this time would need to have a major reason.
Stefan Gommans
(Groep Amateur - 28)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 05:15:50 Quote 
Quote ( Sharon Watson @ August 15th 2012,04:51:37 )

I think costs should come down a little as myself thinks it is too much especially the $3.000.000 parts.
I guess that your risks are to high or something like that :P
Alan Snyder
(Groep Amateur - 24)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (7)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 05:33:41 (laatst aangepast Aug 15 2012, 05:34:14 door Alan Snyder) Quote 
I would not vote to lower parts cost, but I would vote to have sponsors offer to extend contract. Hope that doesn't get your ire up, Mike.
Greg Swaney
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 05:55:16 Quote 
Quote ( Sharon Watson @ August 15th 2012,04:51:37 )

So I've just finished the recent race and I'm updating my car.As the name goes I think costs should come down a little as myself thinks it is too much especially the $3.000.000 parts.

Giuseppe Cilia is getting it done in that group and has nearly a 41 mill balance. Nuff said.
Lourence Erasmus
(Groep Rookie - 35)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 06:29:58 Quote 
The parts(at respective levels) cost the same for every one Sharon. Budgeting is key in rookie.

It seems that you where part in the mentor thingy, scoring points in you 1st 2 races.. very nice :) complaining about parts costs after 5 races, not so much ;)
Mike Becnel
(Groep Amateur - 60)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 06:32:47 Quote 
Quote ( Alan Snyder @ August 15th 2012,05:33:41 )

I would not vote to lower parts cost, but I would vote to have sponsors offer to extend contract. Hope that doesn't get your ire up, Mike.

Ohhhhhh make me pant ;D
Ron Lefebvre
(Groep Amateur - 55)

Land:
Canada 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 06:39:57 Quote 
Your complaining about this in Rookie, wait till you make Pro !
Larry Watkins
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Nieuw-Zeeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 06:52:23 Quote 
Newbie Guide

So first things first, as a rookie there are two things that are vitally important, a good driver & saving money.
Peter Preece
(Groep Amateur - 51)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 06:59:51 Quote 
No need for cheaper parts in rookie, as Ron said wait until you get to pro then its hard on money. I do agree with others though the sponsor system needs a good looking at though as its so hard to get more than one sponsor at a time especially in those transition seasons where you may not be doing so well.
Jari Kuusisto
(Groep Rookie - 38)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 07:00:11 Quote 
Prices are good as they are. I don't want to see rookies upgrading to the max in 9 races and getting away with it.
Floris Maljers
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 07:38:11 Quote 
Sorry but prices are fine, perhaps you should ask a mentor for some general help?
Jimmy De Roy
(Groep Amateur - 45)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 07:54:32 Quote 
A big NNNNNNOOOOOOO

Try reading the newbie guide and enter mentor system.

People should really try to handle their money.

Nowadays it is all about the rush to Elite. this game is not about a rush to the top but about long term planning.

Half of the people in rookie, amateur and pro are doing it to themselves using no sense risks

I will give you examples.

Season 18 i went from amateur to pro using 35-50 CT risks getting 14 win, 15 podiums and 15 poles, nowadays you need 50 to score points in most groups.
Season 19 i went straight from pro to master using 50-75 CT risks getting 4 wins 9 podiums and 1 pole winning the group nowadays you don't even score points with those risks.

I know some people will say i am moaning but those are the facts and i can show them as prove.

Sion Francis
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 08:17:58 (laatst aangepast Aug 15 2012, 08:21:33 door Sion Francis) Quote 
After 5 races I don't think it's possible to understand the economics of the game properly.

5 races into a career:

-you won't have used car parts above level 3 (I assume)
-you won't have signed new sponsors
-you won't understand how different factors influence car wear
-you probably won't have tried making a seasonal budget

-you probably will have overspent

There is actually a fairly beautiful monetary system in place in this game and "money management" (whatever that means) is one of the game's key skills.

Do part prices need to change? No. People can afford level 9 cars in amateur, if they're so inclined.
Marin Žic
(Groep Pro - 2)

Land:
Kroatië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 10:11:47 Quote 
Sorry but prices are good.
Michal Szopinski
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 11:08:38 Quote 
Quote ( Mike Becnel @ August 15th 2012,04:54:14 )

5 races and you want to change the parts cost?

Umm...I vote no.

Now start talking about the sponsor system and I will get all hot and bothered.

sponsors? did someone mention sponsors?
:D
No from me too, Sharon. Once you've played the game for a while you'll understand how it woks. ;)

Good luck and have fun playing.

Regards, Mick.
Luigi Maiorano
(Groep Rookie - 88)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 11:43:47 Quote 
I voted no! We're not playing!
Sion Francis
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:05:26 Quote 
One other point that occurs:

The admins have generally been taking the stance that there is too much money hovering about in the game; not too little. Their preferred method for "fiddling" with the amount of money available seems to be by adjusting tyre stats, not adjusting prices of things that have been constant since the dawn of GPRO-time.

Certainly, rookies and particularly amateurs do not need more money.
Roland Postle10
(Groep Rookie - 172)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:06:00 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ August 15th 2012,07:54:32 )

Season 18 i went from amateur to pro using 35-50 CT risks getting 14 win, 15 podiums and 15 poles, nowadays you need 50 to score points in most groups.
Season 19 i went straight from pro to master using 50-75 CT risks getting 4 wins 9 podiums and 1 pole winning the group nowadays you don't even score points with those risks.

Complaining about the opposition is worse than complaining about the game mechanics, they're not there to make your life easy :P If they're doing it and getting away with it then surely they have the balance right, no? And if they're stopping you getting points/promoted as easily you have the balance wrong. If they're not getting away with it then it would be easier to get points, not harder

The parts/risk system is exactly what keeps the 'economy' balanced because it forces everyone to use all 'available' cash to 'bid' for points
Andrew Massey
(Groep Pro - 1)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:17:34 (laatst aangepast Aug 15 2012, 12:18:09 door Andrew Massey) Quote 
They would have to alter how prices go up for each part level for them to lower car part cost. Which means I'f there were ever a level 10 part or a level 0 you could calculate how much that part would cost based on level 9 or level 1 parts. And to me a level 1 part is already cheap enough.
Marcelo Santos
(Groep Amateur - 48)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:37:35 (laatst aangepast Aug 15 2012, 12:38:13 door Marcelo Santos) Quote 
NO. Simple as it is.
This game is not a racing management game, it's far from being it. All about this game are maths, formulas and money management!
The "race management" is just to check if your math and formulas were better or worse than all the other managers on your group. FACT.
The way you manage your finances is as were already told the master key for success in that game. No matter how you keep pushing at some races, it's a lottery because the FREAKING RANDOM can blow all your plans with no further actions!
It's thrilling, exciting, FRUSTRATING most of the times but, that's what makes this game so complex! It's not a diagonal arrow starting from 0 and going up directly to 100%(ELITE), Even the ones that were "born" at ELITE and higher groups are suffering to reach it again!
So, Keep trying mate, that's all this game will offer to you, a fair bit of competitiveness! :)
Claudio Szynkier
(Groep Amateur - 6)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:40:35 (laatst aangepast Aug 15 2012, 13:02:30 door Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ August 15th 2012,07:54:32 )

"no" for prices change.
but this quote by jimmy is interesting and, even with no true experience in this game, i think it is a very true one.
i thought about that before.
maybe it worths thinking about a change on the way risks act, on risks "system" (like more detailed risks options per race, more danger by taking them etc), one day?
Aaron Hughes
(Groep Amateur - 5)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Aug 15 2012, 12:43:02 Quote 
Any changes like this really makes no differance as all are effected similaly. All that would happen are rookies having level 6-7 cars instead of 3-4 for example.
Jimmy De Roy
(Groep Amateur - 45)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Aug 16 2012, 09:09:43 Quote 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ August 15th 2012,12:06:00 )

Complaining about the opposition is worse than complaining about the game mechanics, they're not there to make your life easy :P If they're doing it and getting away with it then surely they have the balance right, no? And if they're stopping you getting points/promoted as easily you have the balance wrong. If they're not getting away with it then it would be easier to get points, not harder

The parts/risk system is exactly what keeps the 'economy' balanced because it forces everyone to use all 'available' cash to 'bid' for points

Do you really think that if you need 100CT in amateur to promote, you stand a chance in pro or master? It means that you are not ready to promote and will struggle in those groups and that this might result in lack of interest in the game, eventually leading to leaving the game and that is my point.

Krasimir Ivanov
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Bulgarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Aug 16 2012, 09:31:37 Quote 
"Higher them". Then people will drive again with Jimmy's risks :)
George Brown
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Aug 16 2012, 09:36:29 Quote 
Car part costs are all relative anyway. Make them more expensive or cheaper, and it'll still be the people who are good at managing them that will do well. No point changing them at all.
Mike Becnel
(Groep Amateur - 60)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Aug 16 2012, 11:10:53 (laatst aangepast Aug 16 2012, 11:13:02 door Mike Becnel) Quote 
I am pretty sure parts costs are not changing in my lifetime...this topic has officially jumped the shark tank.

Roll credits....

Edit: and Jimmy is right...risk use in some ama groups is INSANE!
Pagina [1

Dit onderwerp werd gesloten door de moderators!