Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Suggestion to change GPRO from a math game to a racing manager game Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina [1
Auteur Onderwerp: Suggestion to change GPRO from a math game to a racing manager game 14 antwoorden
Stuart Gibson
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (18)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 19:48:29 Quote 
I would actually like to see GPRO stray away from being a math game to actually being a racing manager game.

I would like to see Managers have ZERO input on their car setup, and that the car setup should come from either 1) the driver, 2) the backroom staff, or 3) a combination of both.

This would make things much more interesting with drivers playing a much more integral role in the game with Tech Insight actually being looked at as a possible primary stat, as well as Practice Laps actually being used upon your call for the driver to tweak his setup.

Strategy and fuel of course would be the managers call, but now you have to hope that your driver nailed his setup. Would you push for a higher TI driver? or neglect it some for other stats and hope he gets his setup right?

Thoughts?
Jed Lilly
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 19:57:47 Quote 
Your suggestion sounds like it could change us from being players to spectators, could come at the expense of peoples interest.
Wayne Edwards
(Groep Amateur - 1)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 20:02:17 Quote 
The tool to make that a one click operation would take about one season to create!
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Groep Pro - 13)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (6)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 20:04:24 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Gibson @ August 18th 2016,19:48:29 )

I would actually like to see GPRO stray away from being a math game to actually being a racing manager game.

I would like to see Managers have ZERO input on their car setup, and that the car setup should come from either 1) the driver, 2) the backroom staff, or 3) a combination of both.

This would make things much more interesting with drivers playing a much more integral role in the game with Tech Insight actually being looked at as a possible primary stat, as well as Practice Laps actually being used upon your call for the driver to tweak his setup.

Strategy and fuel of course would be the managers call, but now you have to hope that your driver nailed his setup. Would you push for a higher TI driver? or neglect it some for other stats and hope he gets his setup right?

Thoughts?

GPRO is a maths game, by removing the maths and discovery part of it GPRO would lose what makes it unique. There are other games on the internet which fit your description, if that is the type of game people want to play they should play those games. GPRO is only still surviving because it remains unique and still after 11 years appeals to people. There are very few 11 year old games that people play, GPRO must be doing something right to keep the players it has and continues to get new players.
Daneks Britāls
(Groep Amateur - 63)

Land:
Letland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 20:37:47 Quote 
This is the most idiotic idea ever invented. And I do not care if you think I am unfriendly to newbie. In case of this level idiocy it's acceptable.
Tomás Coelho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Land:
Portugal 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 20:40:06 (laatst aangepast Aug 18 2016, 20:41:12 door Tomás Coelho) Quote 
After so many years ff this GPRO format, to make the changes suggested by Stuard, would in my oppinion, lose it´s appeal and unique status.

What could be done I think, to those managers who support Stuard´s point of view, is for the GPRO creators to maybe create a different format of game, under a slightly different name, as so to distinguish the two.

I however think that this one presently, should reamain as it is.
Jukka Sireni2
(Groep Master - 4)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Aug 18 2016, 20:45:05 (laatst aangepast Aug 18 2016, 20:46:33 door Jukka Sireni) Quote 
I don't agree about getting away from math game.

TI's importance is neglicible below Elite though. Many people have accurate setup tools, and even without them it's fairly easy to setup your car if you know what you are doing.

Removing the setup would also lead to losing fairly accurate best possible lap times (you should usually get within 0,01s of the best possible) and you wouldn't know how good the setup in the race was either, so making accurate calculations on how good your driver/car is would become more difficult. And that would give advantage to those who already have lots of good data.

It would also add randomness (which might be a good idea if randoms were removed).

So an idea about how to make TI more important in setup tuning would be more important.
Adrian Summers
(Groep Pro - 13)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 00:47:48 Quote 
Maybe if the driver had his Sword of Truth equipped, he could determine the best setup easier. And if that Sword of Truth was enhanced with the Gem of the Bell of Wisdom, then perfect setup could be achieved.
Martti Kaasik
(Groep Pro - 23)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 00:51:34 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Gibson @ August 18th 2016,19:48:29 )

Thoughts?

That change would make most people to leave... I would be first. There are similar games so go and find them. But I do like GPRO as it is.
Stuart Gibson
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 19:30:51 Quote 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ August 18th 2016,20:37:47 )

This is the most idiotic idea ever invented. And I do not care if you think I am unfriendly to newbie. In case of this level idiocy it's acceptable.

Coming from the guy/girl who had to cheat to even be competitive at the time when GPRO was fairly green, and still didn't manage to get a win in either master or elite. The irony!
Come back when you have either of the above, until then sit down.

Yeah i guess it would change what GPRO is and should not be thought of, its just bleh kinda boring once you have the info/tools nothing ever changes in the game or even has the possibility to change/surprise other than randoms.
Mark Wright
(Groep Pro - 19)

Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 19:44:43 (laatst aangepast Aug 19 2016, 19:45:00 door Mark Wright) Quote 
Stuart I've played games that were similar to what you describe, one of them included creating, manufacturing and selling your own engines unfortunately they no longer exist. The maths part is what makes the game unique so if you remove that you remove the game's ISP which would ultimately kill the game.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Bulgarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 19:48:44 Quote 
I like your idea, Stuart, even though I'm in the minority. Hopefully GPRO has other redeeming features beside setting up the car that make it a unique game.
Chris Eaton
(Groep Amateur - 22)

Land:
Canada 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 19:51:56 Quote 
I like the suggestion, considering I don't find car setup math interesting and much prefer the overall strategy aspect. But, it is one of the things that makes the game what it is, so I feel it's highly unlikely it's going to go away.

I would like to see some more long term strategy stuff added, in favor of more race day math, if more stuff is being added, though. :)
Edwin Silva
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Colombia 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 20:00:04 Quote 
I find it a bit sick when an opening post has more down thumbs than actual constructive posts in the thread. And in fairness, I don't even find the suggestion bad, mainly because setup is a tiny part of the game and being off a little bit with the setup has small effects in most leagues. To me, setup has become more of an annoyance of typing numbers in the sheets than actual thinking.

There is heavy thinking in planning, market biddings, S&F planning and developement, sponsor fights and other aspects of the game than in the setup input. For many (probably most) managers nowadays, it's just a matter of typing numbers. Also, TI is nothing but a cumbersome stat in every league but Elite (and it would also be in Elite if there was OA cap there). There is probably no other stat more worthless OA wise than TI, so it would be nice to see something for which TI produced more bang for bucks.
Matt Kasar
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Aug 19 2016, 22:43:19 Quote 
I agree with the majority. I'm not saying that it wouldn't or couldn't work as a system, just that changing the game so radically would put a lot of existing managers off and would put the game at risk..... wouldn't be a smart move.

there might be a little evolution buried in that idea that would resonate with real life racing. The manager puts in the initial setup, as in real life we get all the data and decide the initial setup at the track. Up to 8 laps as it is right now.
After you have found your perfect setup you can then use any remaining laps for the driver to 'fine tune' the setup for himself.

why? because this game isn't complicated enough lol
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Suggestion to change GPRO from a math game to a racing manager game Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht