Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 31 [3233 ... 74 75 76 » Ga naar pagina:
Auteur Onderwerp: Driver Energy 2267 antwoorden
Robin Goodey
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #928 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 15:16:21 Quote 
Dario:

/gb/ViewAnnouncements.asp
Goran Slunjski
(Groep Pro - 25)

Land:
Kroatië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #929 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 15:31:19 Quote 
Guys,see what happening in Singapore right now? Mercedes managing their brakes... Ham managed it well in first part of race,were slower and now in 2nd part catching cars in front. While Rosberg didn't manage very well his brakes (for those who harder understand,it't same thing like energy here) and now he lose his pace.

Marius Ruţa
(Groep Amateur - 70)

Land:
Roemenië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #930 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 15:33:43 Quote 
Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 18th 2016,15:31:19 )

(for those who harder understand,it't same thing like energy here)

No, it isn`t, what the Merc guys were doing is parts management.
Goran Slunjski
(Groep Pro - 25)

Land:
Kroatië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #931 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 15:36:44 Quote 
Well,since you can here just buy new parts not managing it during race ,this is something that takes action for it.
Dan Tyler
(Groep Rookie - 84)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #932 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 16:18:46 Quote 
its all part of strategy as is the energy feature.
Michal Szopinski
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #933 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 17:29:39 Quote 
Quote ( Paolo Belleggi @ September 18th 2016,14:29:49 )

absurd! there is no indication on the level of energy consumption for various circuits ( very low, low , medium, high , very high) , with a pilot master 's shameful failing to do 2/3 of a GP to 100CT . I think there will be many rage quit , for me 8 prep seasons thrown in the trash

If your 8-season preparation is wrecked after just 1 race, then you haven't prepared well enough, have ya. What if you had a random failure in the first race? Would your season be wrecked already too? Everyone's dealing with the same issues.

Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ September 18th 2016,15:33:43 )

No, it isn`t, what the Merc guys were doing is parts management.

No, it's not, but what the driver energy is meant to do is to manage the race pace in a similar way. Alternatively we should have parts like the brakes failing just about every race, if we want to push to the max all the time every round. But can you imagine all the moaning and protests then?

If anything, I would like to see a few more boost laps available and they should match 100CT pace plus then some. We could then easily choose the risks we want to run in the race and also have the opportunity to push really hard if needed, with a greater reward for it. If you manage the risk vs energy available and your driver's capable of handling that, you can make gains. That would also give people a real chance of making a pass on the blockers.
Gino Zernani
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #934 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 18:21:07 (laatst aangepast Sep 18 2016, 18:22:42 door Gino Zernani) Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ September 18th 2016,10:09:30 )

It's in the rules. Energy doesn't affect quali pace. So you defnitely have an advantage qualifying at 0%,

Fully agree, Jukka mate. Also add that IT IS HIGHLY UNFAIR that, because gives to who can be on line an unecessary advantage and that was a pillar, till now in similar issues, to say no to such a feature previously. To be rethought.

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ September 18th 2016,14:30:52 )

Maybe you just don't know what you're looking for :)

Lol. Also Yukka (and me too)?

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ September 18th 2016,10:09:30 )

The simple answer would be to get rid of energy loss in quali, but I guess then you would have no info about how demanding the next race is.
Jukka Sireni2
(Groep Master - 4)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #935 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 18:25:06 Quote 
Obviously you would have info once you have FOBYed it, but maybe for newbies (I guess we are all newbies at the moment) it would be easier to predict if we had qualify to test.
Kevin Parkinson
(Groep Retired)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #936 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 18:27:11 Quote 
Quote ( Gino Zernani @ September 18th 2016,18:21:07 )

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ September 18th 2016,14:30:52 )

Maybe you just don't know what you're looking for :)

Lol. Also Yukka (and me too)?

Everybody - that's my point. The track characteristics that impact on energy (assuming there are some) use could well be visible to everyone, but after one race, no one knows what they're looking for to be able to interpret them or use them for tracks you haven't raced on yet. There is a chance it's nothing to do with track characteristics we can see, but I'd doubt that.

Either way, no one has enough data after one race on one track to make any conclusions or hard statements about such things :)
Josh Clark
(Groep Amateur - 50)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #937 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 18:35:32 Quote 
Energy loss in qualifying seems either very random or very unrealistic... I lost the same amount pushing 1 lap to the limit in Baku as I did the whole race in Singapore. Even if you use 0ct that's really unrealistic...
Peter Kandel
(Groep Rookie - 181)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #938 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 19:03:09 Quote 
With the new energy feature you can get every race a new driver with 100% energy because with this strategy you can race every race with high risk
Jukka Sireni2
(Groep Master - 4)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #939 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 19:06:26 Quote 
I would rather train spa than get a new driver every race.
Robin Goodey
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #940 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 19:21:50 Quote 
And if, to get a good result, you need to be using CT risks in rookie that take your energy that low - then your driver is useless, so best to change him anyway......
Daneks Britāls
(Groep Amateur - 63)

Land:
Letland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #941 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 20:32:06 Quote 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ September 18th 2016,19:21:50 )

And if, to get a good result, you need to be using CT risks in rookie that take your energy that low - then your driver is useless, so best to change him anyway......

Better is to get valuable driver skills trained up to date.
Christopher Jones
(Groep Rookie - 52)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #942 geplaatst Sep 18 2016, 20:32:18 Quote 
Quote ( Marcus Keeley @ September 18th 2016,11:18:46 )

Energy recovery system is biased, with 3 days to recover between race Friday - Tuesday and only 2 days from Tuesday - Friday.

Also, http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Main_Page still needs to be updated to include a brief introduction to this particular item.

You're either forcing people to use Spa training, (for which we have no information on i.e are the energy recover values random or fixed, does it impact on any other stat) or run lower risk every Friday.

Considering everyone is in same situation some basic information would be appreciated.

they not forcing you to use the spa resort, that is up to you to use it or not!!! the spa resort some have used but up to them to tell you if how much energy they gain etc.!!! The question would be the spa resort gives same amount of energy back to every driver or if it vary from driver to driver from their ability.

my opinion is you would want to use less risk on Tuesday and more on Friday race since you have more time for recovery between Friday and Tuesday race than Tuesday and Friday race.

Basic information is in rule 2.2.3, everything else needed to be learnt by observing on your own on how your driver recover and learn how much risk you can use and recover at same time.

but this is my opinion!!!!
George Togas
(Groep Amateur - 101)

Land:
Griekenland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #943 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 10:13:22 Quote 
Forum users energy dropped to 0 i guess.
Come on guys, 14 hours since the last post here!!!
Kirsty Ridley
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #944 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 10:19:17 Quote 
It's all in the cancel driver energy thread instead ;)
David Duarte
(Groep Amateur - 118)

Land:
Portugal 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #945 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 12:32:54 Quote 
i usually don't comment but here are my 2 cents on the matter:

Each and every feaqture added to a game has a FOBY period...some get it right away, some don't...

this one on simple terms you can grasp the idea and adapt, but unless you haven't raced on every track yet, to discover something about its energy consumption, its like each track is a new track for the subject at hand...

now we can also talk abou fairness or about advantages or disadvantages...

to simply put it, since affects evryone has the same fairness for everyone one in theory...but lets look at advantages or disadvantages...

in the race it depensds on the risks you use, and the package you have, so you have to adapt...so the advantage or disadvabtage depends on what you have, and what strategy you use...like i said you don't know the energy consumptions unless you run once in a new track, but if you don't want to have a nasty surprise you should play safe...if you go agressive its on your own volition...

the problem it seems is the qualify...before the energy it was equal to everyone...and i mean equal as it didn't matter if you qualified right after the update or 5 mins before the rac (well you can debate about knowing the other managers time...but not on the subject)

in this particular case, and analysing all the possibilities, there will be cases where you can have advantages and cases where you will have disadvantages, and it happens not because you used right or wrong setup, but because of time constraint...

so, to resume it all:
- you don't know what you will get in a track unless you run it..
- if you don't to have a nasty surprise in the race play it safe...
- the qualify system is flawed because it is influenced by time constraints, leading to possible scenarios of advantage disadvantages...

you can agree or disagree withy me, sorry for the long post...

have a nice gameplay and best regards to everyone...
Gustav Gerretz
(Groep Amateur - 63)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #946 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 14:44:40 Quote 
At first glance I really like the new energy system. First of all it brings a new element into the game that hasn't had one for a long time (boost laps were not really that big of a change IMHO) and it also limits the amount of risk that managers can use in a direct way, wich I think is good.

I am not sure after only one race and having energy until almost to the end, but if this also limits part wear after energy runs out then it will really improve racing in the rookie, as there were many who used way too high risks and promoted with minimal money and no real package into ama. And what it also is does is it makes OBP much more difficult and that is good. The midfield should be much more close now in any group beyeond rookie, because you cannot just make a couple of high CT races and hope to score enough to retain.

Also I think there will be more money availiable to build your team in other aspects because you will have less general wear. But it's early days, so let's see
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Bulgarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (36)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #947 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 15:15:49 Quote 
First of all thanks to everyone for the feedback in the past few days!

We are planning to do some quick tweaks to the energy based on the feedback we've gotten so far:

1) In the post-race update you will gain some energy back. This will address the early qualifying advantage problem. As a result the normal energy recovery will be tweaked slightly to compensate for this.

2) When a race is postponed for some reason, energy recovery will be disabled for the extra added time.

3) When there are more days between two races (i.e due to Christmas holidays) the energy recovery rates will be automatically lowered to compensate for the more time between the two races.

4) You will get one final normal energy recovery just before the race calculation.

I plan to code, test and have these tweaks ready for tomorrow after Race 2, but in the worst case they may be postponed to Race 3.

More tweaks may be done after the end of the season if we think they are needed.
Joaquín Quintana
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Spanje 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #948 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 15:20:53 Quote 
Very nice Vlad: But i have still a doubt: What happens with the recovery sistem between tuesday and Friday, Friday and tuesday... I mean will you able to get more energy on tuesdays races because we have an extra day?

thanks
Daniel Douglas
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #949 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 15:22:33 (laatst aangepast Sep 19 2016, 15:23:08 door Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ September 19th 2016,15:15:49 )

First of all thanks to everyone for the feedback in the past few days!

We are planning to do some quick tweaks to the energy based on the feedback we've gotten so far:

1) In the post-race update you will gain some energy back. This will address the early qualifying advantage problem. As a result the normal energy recovery will be tweaked slightly to compensate for this.

2) When a race is postponed for some reason, energy recovery will be disabled for the extra added time.

3) When there are more days between two races (i.e due to Christmas holidays) the energy recovery rates will be automatically lowered to compensate for the more time between the two races.

4) You will get one final normal energy recovery just before the race calculation.

I plan to code, test and have these tweaks ready for tomorrow after Race 2, but in the worst case they may be postponed to Race 3.

More tweaks may be done after the end of the season if we think they are needed.

Very nice.... great work vlad.

I would suggest that an announcement is made? Some folks may not be following this thread.

When we, as players, get some response (such as above) to the feedback we are giving ... it helps to keep the community happy. I know you are busy, but this sort of thing will really help keep your player base more involved.

Quote ( Joaquín Quintana @ September 19th 2016,15:20:53 )

Very nice Vlad: But i have still a doubt: What happens with the recovery sistem between tuesday and Friday, Friday and tuesday... I mean will you able to get more energy on tuesdays races because we have an extra day?

thanks

I think this may be something we still need to foby :)
Lucas Palma
(Groep Amateur - 60)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #950 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 15:54:24 (laatst aangepast Sep 19 2016, 15:55:17 door Lucas Palma) Quote 
Moving the post did in the "Cancelation Topic"

I think this was already said in this topic, but to reinforce. It must be in the Track Information page a note about the "Driver Energy Wear" like the other features (grip, tyres, fuel consumption...), if there is really a significative difference about energy drain in each track.

But, an opinion about the feature of Driver Energy itself. As a concept I found it very interesting. But I thought that it would be used to 1) restrain the top CT use in a single race - draining a lot energy at the race and recovering fast or 2) to restrain the use of high CT in a row - draining low energy in each race and recovering not so fast.

It seems like that was the two hypothesis that were implemented at the same time, which I really didn't enjoy by now.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Groep Amateur - 72)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #951 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 16:14:43 Quote 
Quote ( Lucas Palma @ September 19th 2016,15:54:24 )

It must be in the Track Information page a note about the "Driver Energy Wear" like the other features (grip, tyres, fuel consumption...), if there is really a significative difference about energy drain in each track.

Why? ;-)
Christopher Jones
(Groep Rookie - 52)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #952 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 16:20:32 Quote 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ September 19th 2016,16:14:43 )

Quote ( Lucas Palma @ September 19th 2016,15:54:24 )

It must be in the Track Information page a note about the "Driver Energy Wear" like the other features (grip, tyres, fuel consumption...), if there is really a significative difference about energy drain in each track.

Why? ;-)

Maybe to help figure out how much ct they might be able to use?
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Groep Amateur - 72)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #953 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 16:22:47 Quote 
Maybe the FOBYing of it won't be to complicated? Maybe there is a pattern in other tracks characteristics which we will start to see in 2-3 races?
Daniel Douglas
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #954 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 16:26:27 Quote 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ September 19th 2016,16:22:47 )

Maybe the FOBYing of it won't be to complicated? Maybe there is a pattern in other tracks characteristics which we will start to see in 2-3 races?

The possibility of a pattern is what will really determine whether this should exist. A push for such a thing to be included should really be reserved for the end of season.

It should however, be something that towards the mid to later portions of the season that is discussed. Right now it is really too early to discuss.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Groep Amateur - 37)

Land:
Griekenland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #955 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 18:24:51 Quote 

- All Good.
...In New Reality I thing it's Faire Now to separate All the RISKs to 3 periods.
So we manage our value Energy, better.-
...for as and the competition...

Good Night from Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece.!!!
Sergei Gordov
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Rusland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #956 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 18:31:03 Quote 

Get'em into the minus! That's real Siberian-Indian genocide--we can't qualify while sleeping.

Not clear. What is the difference between 'normal' 'just before' and normal between races recovery?
Maxim Kotov2
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Rusland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #957 geplaatst Sep 19 2016, 19:35:54 Quote 

Sorry, but what does that mean? It's not clear.
You grant everybody a single-time energy bonus just before next race?
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 31 [3233 ... 74 75 76 » Ga naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht