Support this idea?
Sign in om te kunnen stemmen of de resultaten te kunnen zien
Auteur Onderwerp: Two tyre compounds 97 antwoorden
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (16)   Houd niet van deze post (16)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:23:35 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 10:42:11 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Hi

Recently I realised that sometimes after 15-20 laps all strategies in race are clear (bar wet races) what makes watching races a little boring. But solution is not so difficult.

What about that instead using only compound that with do Qs, we could use also 1 more tyre compound (which would be selectable freely from all other compounds).

I think this would also make the game more relevant compared to today's F1; is relatively easy to implement (at least I believe so as no new component of the game would have to be developed) but most interestingly, strategies for races would be so much more interesting and therefore also races would be nicer to watch.

What do you think? :)

PS: I tried to look for similar idea but didn't find. If there is I apologize for double post.

EDIT: typos
Stefano Scanzani
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:50:38 Quote 
Would you be obliged to use two types of tyres or is it your own choice?
Dainius Vaškys
(Groep Amateur - 18)

Land:
Litouwen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (6)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:51:44 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 10:54:28 door Dainius Vaškys) Quote 
If you are talking about two set's of wet tires, like inters and full wets like in F1. Then I would agree on it, having a tire which can go one stop in some cases instead of two stop would be interesting to watch.

Buit if you are talking about two different tire compounds wet and dry, than we already have that.

Oh one more idea: If you are talking about two different set of tires in a race, for example choosing two dry sets for dry race and the same with the wet race, it would change how the game plays out, and that would be even more interesting to watch. Start on Q tires, like extra soft's and switch to soft's on 1st pit.
Onur Guardian
(Groep Amateur - 71)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:55:29 Quote 
Quote ( Dainius Vaškys @ April 10th 2018,10:51:44 )

If you are talking about two set's of wet tires, like inters and full wets like in F1. Then I would agree on it,

i think he asked for this and i voted yes. variety would be nice, i would like to see Ultra Softs here too :)
Keith Partridge
(Groep Pro - 8)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:56:52 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 10:57:53 door Keith Partridge) Quote 
If I understand you correctly you would be able to change at a pit stop from the qualifying compound to a different one.. i.e. start on extra soft and change to Hard at a pit stop (extreme example I realise...)

Interesting idea... I fear it would be a huge amount of work to the race engine though....
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:58:17 Quote 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ April 10th 2018,10:56:52 )

If I understand you correctly you would be able to change at a pit stop from the qualifying one to a different one.. i.e. start on extra soft and change to Hard at a pit stop (extreme example I realise...)

this.

I don't think this would be difficult to implement.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 10:59:48 Quote 
I am not talking about wet and inters.

Idea is for example to do Qs on Soft, do short stint and then 1 long stint on for example Hards.

This would be option, not obligatory, meaning you can do race on 1 compound if you prefer to.
Andriy Dyadkovich
(Groep Amateur - 83)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (13)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:03:28 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 11:04:06 door Andriy Dyadkovich) Quote 
And how it would help?
Everybody will Q's on Extra Soft, and then after 10-16 laps will take Medium/Sof/Hard exactly like the others. And it wouldn't change anything at all. Except for Q's
Kieran McGeachy
(Groep Amateur - 84)

Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:03:53 Quote 
Great idea, would be very enjoyable to watch the races if u were to change tyre strategy throughout race and would definetely be interesting to see how it would work out!! I agree with Keith aswell it would be harder on engine on most races.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:10:19 Quote 
Quote ( Andriy Dyadkovich @ April 10th 2018,11:03:28 )

And how it would help?
Everybody will Q's on Extra Soft, and then after 10-16 laps will take Medium/Sof/Hard exactly like the others. And it wouldn't change anything at all. Except for Q's

In Pro and higher there are different tyre suppliers with different attributes. Therefore strategies would differ greatly depending on tyre supplier.
Michael Jones
(Groep Amateur - 95)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:27:47 Quote 
Suggest you read this .

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=&TopicId=27106&Pos...
Andriy Dyadkovich
(Groep Amateur - 83)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:32:17 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,11:10:19 )

n Pro and higher there are different tyre suppliers with different attributes. Therefore strategies would differ greatly depending on tyre supplier.

Are you sure? ))))))
I know that. I've been there )
However. You can use only one supplier for the season. And, what can be the reason for me, to take Medium for Q, and start 30's, if I can use Extra and start the 10's? Also, after 10-16 laps I'll probably win pit time and then will change tires to Medium. Will manager starts on Medium pass me through? I doubt. So, this still will be too predictable, and everybody will Q's on ES.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:36:55 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 11:40:25 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Andriy Dyadkovich @ April 10th 2018,11:32:17 )

Are you sure? ))))))
I know that. I've been there )
However. You can use only one supplier for the season. And, what can be the reason for me, to take Medium for Q, and start 30's, if I can use Extra and start the 10's? Also, after 10-16 laps I'll probably win pit time and then will change tires to Medium. Will manager starts on Medium pass me through? I doubt. So, this still will be too predictable, and everybody will Q's on ES.

Certainly adding another variable increases complexity and makes more and different strategies plausible, not other way around. Not on during every race (depending on track and weather). But managers would have to also count for 1 more thing and that makes it more interesting.

Yes, some races this wouldn't change much. But certain races would definitely be more interesting to watch. And more fun, what this game is supposed to be about.

Please remember, this would be optional.

And what be reason to start on Medium and not on XS? Same as today. Doing less pitstops (and perhaps later use XS). Options this would open are many.

Even in today's F1 not everyone start on same tyre eventhou everyone has the same supplier.
Andriy Dyadkovich
(Groep Amateur - 83)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 11:53:47 Quote 
The main "problem" is that this is not an F1 game.

This suggestion appears every half year. And, every time there is no any normal reason to do this. Only "It will be more fun", and "it will be more options". No, it will not be so fan as you think, and it will not give you too many options. And every year TS didn't realize that managers will use XS for Q's on every dry race and it will simplify strategy process.
Mick Ridley
(Groep Pro - 22)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 12:20:12 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ April 10th 2018,11:27:47 )

Suggest you read this .

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=&TopicId=27106&Pos...

AS Michael says: this topic has a thread already, can we please use that thread. :)
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 12:41:09 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 12:45:52 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ April 10th 2018,12:20:12 )

AS Michael says: this topic has a thread already, can we please use that thread. :)

I think poll is nice addition compared to the older thread.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 12:41:50 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 12:45:07 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Andriy Dyadkovich @ April 10th 2018,11:53:47 )

The main "problem" is that this is not an F1 game.

This suggestion appears every half year. And, every time there is no any normal reason to do this. Only "It will be more fun", and "it will be more options". No, it will not be so fan as you think, and it will not give you too many options. And every year TS didn't realize that managers will use XS for Q's on every dry race and it will simplify strategy process.

I know this is not F1 game. But I wanted to point out that your argument that everyone would start on the same tyres is false.

Whole point is to make more strategic choices for managers and make the game more fun.
Graham Mercer
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (8)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:17:37 Quote 
Again???
How often does this have to be asked and answered?
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Groep Pro - 8)

Land:
Griekenland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:22:01 Quote 
...Only this its not Enough.
- We Need a New Strong Package for Race Rules.!!!
:)

Andrew Wilden
(Groep Master - 5)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:31:09 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 13:32:14 door Andrew Wilden) Quote 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ April 10th 2018,13:17:37 )

Again???
How often does this have to be asked and answered?

I agree Graham.
Martin will you please listen to Mick and move to the existing threads on this. Maybe read them as well so you don't just rehash the same BS.
While your about it please try to refrain from double posting.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groep Master - 1)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:40:33 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,12:41:50 )

Whole point is to make more strategic choices for managers and make the game more fun.

As pointed out multiple times, this would acually reduce strategic options

Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,10:59:48 )

Idea is for example to do Qs on Soft, do short stint and then 1 long stint on for example Hards.

Yeah, everyone would be "forced" to do that.

Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,11:36:55 )

Please remember, this would be optional.

And what be reason to start on Medium and not on XS? Same as today. Doing less pitstops (and perhaps later use XS). Options this would open are many.

No-one would start with mediums today regardless.

Even in today's F1 not everyone start on same tyre eventhou everyone has the same supplier.

That doesn't make any difference. You would still optimize for your tyre brand, which would mean qually (and start) with XS and then change to "race tyre"

As pointed out multiple times, now you make compromises between Qualify and race with your tyre selection which leads to diversity, if you were able to change tyres during the race, the need for such compromise would go away, unifying the strategies.

This would lead into more conformity, instead of the claimed diversity
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:41:15 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ April 10th 2018,13:31:09 )

I agree Graham.
Martin will you please listen to Mick and move to the existing threads on this. Maybe read them as well so you don't just rehash the same BS.
While your about it please try to refrain from double posting.

While I respect this, I am very interested about poll result which is not available in older threads
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:46:50 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 13:52:36 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 10th 2018,13:40:33 )

No-one would start with mediums today regardless.

In every racing series (either cars or bikes) that has this option, variety of tyre strategies occur (even for starting tyres) which is in contrast to what you say. Evidence indicates that the more options there is, more possible strategies arise. Some times pretty much more, some time slightly more but still overall more options.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groep Master - 1)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 13:59:40 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 14:02:01 door Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,13:46:50 )

In every racing series (either cars or bikes) that has this option, variety of tyre strategies occur (even for starting tyres) which is in contrast to what you say.

as per your example:

the rules there (more specifically qualifying) rules are quite different.

The teams know where they start (before Q3 they have a "bracket" where they are), and they can make real-time decisions depending on how things progress.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:10:56 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 14:17:31 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 10th 2018,13:59:40 )

The teams know where they start, and they can make real-time decisions depending on how things progress.

Everyone in GPRO knows very closely where they will start. Don't you? ;) And after 20 laps I know very closely where I will finish (if no technical problem). Whole point of this is to introduce slightly more variability.

Btw I'm not saying let's copy F1. This could be introduced in different way, respecting GPRO specifics.

For example this way:
- manager does Qs as currently
- but during the race every manager has 1 option (meaning 1 stint) when he can use softer or harder tyre per his/her choice. It's upon manager to choose which stint (and length etc.).

This way would be possible situations that would make race more interesting to watch up until the finish line.

EDIT: something like boost laps currently which is essentially temporary increased CT risks

EDIT2: and similarly to boost laps some managers use this option, some don't. This would be optional, not obligatory
Graham Mercer
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:19:46 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,14:10:56 )

- but during the race every manager has 1 option (meaning 1 stint) when he can use softer or harder tyre per his/her choice. It's upon manager to choose which stint (and length etc.).

Hmmm yeah. So in a race where the temperature calls for a 3 stop ExtraSoft strat I could have the option of running one of those stints on hards instead - sounds like a great idea :P
Robin Goodey
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:24:08 Quote 
Thread locked in 3.......2........1..........

Yawn
Toms Polis
(Groep Amateur - 41)

Land:
Letland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:26:14 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 14:30:06 door Toms Polis) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Rosina @ April 10th 2018,14:10:56 )

Everyone in GPRO knows very closely where they will start. Don't you? ;) And after 20 laps I know very closely where I will finish (if no technical problem). Whole point of this is to introduce slightly more variability.

And what you think will change? Even if we all will be forced to start with XS and then chose go to soft/medium/hard to finish race with 1 stop like all others, that will be the same result and you will know after 20 laps where you will finish... that`s the same... its look`s like you don`t understand it and think something will change with this option...
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:26:46 Quote 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ April 10th 2018,14:19:46 )

Hmmm yeah. So in a race where the temperature calls for a 3 stop ExtraSoft strat I could have the option of running one of those stints on hards instead - sounds like a great idea :P

You could run 1 stint on soft or medium or hard.

Anyone starting on soft would have option to run 1 stint on XS, medium or hard.

Anyone starting on medium would have option to run 1 stint on XS, soft or hard.

Anyone starting on hards would have option to run 1 stint on XS, soft or medium.

And I agree with what you imply. Some races this option would not be used because it wouldn't add anythnig. But majority of races are with temperature between 20-30 degrees (about 66% or races). And in these races this option would add variability.
Martin Rosina
(Groep Amateur - 100)

Land:
Slovakije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Apr 10 2018, 14:31:41 (laatst aangepast Apr 10 2018, 14:32:08 door Martin Rosina) Quote 
Quote ( Toms Polis @ April 10th 2018,14:26:14 )

And what you think will change? Even if we all will be forced to start with XS and then chose go to soft/medium/hard to finish race with 1 stop like all others, that will be the same result and you will know after 20 laps where you will finish... that`s the same... its look`s like you don`t understand it and think something will change with this option...

Because tyre suppliers offer different tyres, not everyone can be on the same strategy even today. This would even add complexity to that.
Pagina [12 3 4 » Ga naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht