Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Stop reseting accounts in Rookie! Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina [12 » Ga naar pagina:
Forum onderwerp poll
Do you want to stop resetting accounts in rookie?
Sign in om te kunnen stemmen of de resultaten te kunnen zien
Auteur Onderwerp: Stop reseting accounts in Rookie! 40 antwoorden
Jiří Kratochvíl
(Groep Rookie - 166)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (18)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:01:38 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 22:48:24 door Florencia Caro) Quote 
Some of us don't mind resetting accounts. He falls into a rookie, his account is reset, even if someone stays in the rookie. Let's cancel this rule!

Mod Edit: All capitals were hurting my eyes
Niels Van Heijster
(Groep Amateur - 13)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (17)   Houd niet van deze post (3)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:08:03 Quote 
I would rather suggest to put all so-called Super-Rookies (based on game experience) together in the first Rookie groups. Let them battle it out among each other. Something like Rookie 1 to Rookie 10 or what ever is needed to house them.

Then build all groups from there with the truly newbies gathering in 169 (currently the last group) and going back from there ...
Constantin Heller
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Duitsland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:09:34 Quote 
Given that so far you've ended up with negative money after every season, I don't see how not having a reset is supposed to help you.

The Rookie reset is there to help new players learn the game, and when you work on learning the game for a while, it's not that hard to get to and stay in Amateur.
Stuart Foster
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:11:01 Quote 
are there actually that many Jan Roca's? Maybe it might feel that way to a newbie, but I don't think how rookies behave is anything like what used to happen 7 or 8 years ago when the likes of Joan Centellas was resetting on repeat for about 15 consecutive seasos. And there were at least 6 or 7 genuine good managers performing as super rookies back then. I don't personally see many playing like that too much. Unless I'm missing it?
Dominik Karda
(Groep Pro - 2)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:12:29 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ April 24th 2020,18:08:03 )

I would rather suggest to put all so-called Super-Rookies (based on game experience) together in the first Rookie groups.
What if an experienced player returns to the game after, say 5 years? Are they also included in this?
Clayton Green
(Groep Amateur - 63)

Land:
Vietnam 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:16:32 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 18:17:22 door Clayton Green) Quote 
Does it really matter?

Rookie is really just there to learn. If you are relegating from Amateur to rookie, then you are not playing the game correctly. You can still start from scratch with a driver, retain and make a load of money in Amateur.

Because it is a learning league, there must be a reset so then you can see where you went wrong.

If you relegate from amateur to rookie, then in my opinion, you are doing a lot of things wrong......or on purpose.
Mikie Shaw
(Groep Amateur - 44)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:27:23 Quote 
Everything gets reset going back to rookie . Just the time spent to make it where you are is enough to say "no" to that
Enzo Euler
(Groep Rookie - 158)

Land:
Argentinië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (3)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:28:38 Quote 
Just send all the superookies to the same group
Stuart Foster
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:34:26 Quote 
and how do you determine/populate a criteria for this category?

I mean, its not just as easy as to say send everyone there who ends season negative with + however many points. Some people, being newbies, could make a financial mistake by just a few K and then find themselves in this category after 1 or 2 season's play. Would that be fair to them?
Redewaan Williams
(Groep Rookie - 121)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:47:46 Quote 
Hi guys what am I doing wrong I always end last is it my setup, like if my pilot say satisfied should I change the numbers up or down in settings
Florencia Caro
(Groep Master - 4)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Argentinië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:51:03 Quote 
Quote ( Redewaan Williams @ April 24th 2020,18:47:46 )

Hi guys what am I doing wrong I always end last is it my setup, like if my pilot say satisfied should I change the numbers up or down in settings

This is not what this topic is about Redewaan, though I'll recommend you discuss with your team mates about perfect setup method and driver's happy range or satisfaction range.
Mikie Shaw
(Groep Amateur - 44)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:51:05 Quote 
yeh difficult to doStu. Could maybe put any manager whos promoted to Amateur before into similar rookie groups of "proven rookie promoters" that might be an angle. But then you get accidental promoters or managers not really knowing what its like outside rookie,both being reasonable reasons to go back to rookie but doesnt reflect knowledge as such of the manager. Another angle could be if certain achievements have been met,maybe a combination of a few or a number of achievements but it is so very hard to pin who is going to split to the super rookies groups?

I think it is tough for newbs and i rememeber it being a bit daunting but once youve learned some key things (join the mentor programme/join a team) then the "super rookie" has theyre opportunity in crisis as theyre up against managers that know how to play it. It is part of rookie,albeit for an actual Rookie (or newb) it can seem quiet a task.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Groep Rookie - 62)

Land:
Mozambique 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (3)
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:55:09 Quote 
One reset is enough to learn.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Griekenland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:55:09 Quote 
...this is an Aspirin to the Real Problems of the Game.
...I have Suggest so Many Ideas to Stop the the uncontrollable fall.
...but the Old Managers Guards prefer to drown the game.-

:)

Athol Kay
(Groep Amateur - 11)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 18:57:34 Quote 
You're trying to reinvent Rookie into Ama.

Santiago Chaher
(Groep Rookie - 19)

Land:
Argentinië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (9)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:06:18 Quote 

I would rather suggest to put all so-called Super-Rookies (based on game experience) together in the first Rookie groups. Let them battle it out among each other. Something like Rookie 1 to Rookie 10 or what ever is needed to house them.

Then build all groups from there with the truly newbies gathering in 169 (currently the last group) and going back from there ...

I have a super-rookie in my group and it is good to learn from him... I've been tracking his moves and having ideas (and consequently learning) from his successes and failures (not many tbh). I think it also reflects a bit real life... I am an Esteban Ocon in his first F1 battling with Seb.
Stuart Foster
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:07:54 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 19:09:41 door Stuart Foster) Quote 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ April 24th 2020,18:51:05 )

yeh difficult to doStu. Could maybe put any manager whos promoted to Amateur before into similar rookie groups of "proven rookie promoters" that might be an angle. But then you get accidental promoters or managers not really knowing what its like outside rookie,both being reasonable reasons to go back to rookie but doesnt reflect knowledge as such of the manager. Another angle could be if certain achievements have been met,maybe a combination of a few or a number of achievements but it is so very hard to pin who is going to split to the super rookies groups?

I think it is tough for newbs and i rememeber it being a bit daunting but once youve learned some key things (join the mentor programme/join a team) then the "super rookie" has theyre opportunity in crisis as theyre up against managers that know how to play it. It is part of rookie,albeit for an actual Rookie (or newb) it can seem quiet a task.

perhaps there could be a scripted criteria that is run for all rookie managers each season.

Joins rookie groups e.g 1 to 10 if ;

1) has promoted to amateur before
2) has more than 100 races in GPRO
3) Finished his last season in negative balance and more than X points

If you met all three of the above criteria, you would then get assigned to one of those groups. At least by doing the above, you filter out newbies being put into a group they shouldn't be in (since they wouldn't have promoted to amateur before, or completed 100 races). And the negative balance thing ensures you're only going after manager's who made a conscious choice to do what they did, and means relegating amateurs with few points won't get automatically placed there, when they may have been trying their best to not relegate but miscalculated their finances.

I wonder how many managers would actually fulfill those 3 conditions. I bet it wouldn't be that many tbh.

Thijs Rieken
(Groep Amateur - 37)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:13:52 Quote 
No, just because of the thousand exclamation marks
Mikie Shaw
(Groep Amateur - 44)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:16:31 Quote 
Certainly if you manage a point in amateur you at least know how to race so that would be in itself a valid reason alone. Maybe even that could be a thing. Though,lets not foget that you can also create a new account anyway and play that instead of original and as long as you dont log into the old account,the new account is valid,so it cant be just that . It must be something worked out in a rookie environment. If you see what i mean?
Robin Goodey
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (7)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:16:58 Quote 
Quote ( Santiago Chaher @ April 24th 2020,19:06:18 )

I have a super-rookie in my group and it is good to learn from him... I've been tracking his moves and having ideas (and consequently learning) from his successes and failures (not many tbh). I think it also reflects a bit real life... I am an Esteban Ocon in his first F1 battling with Seb.

Comfortably the best and most sensible response in this whole thread.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Groep Rookie - 62)

Land:
Mozambique 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:21:18 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ April 24th 2020,18:55:09 )

...this is an Aspirin to the Real Problems of the Game.
...I have Suggest so Many Ideas to Stop the the uncontrollable fall.
...but the Old Managers Guards prefer to drown the game.-

:)

There is a feel of a generational clash. Pioneers talking how hard was their childhood and how Rookies should be now when most will probably never get back to that level again.

And changing subject.
Yakup Paçacı
(Groep Amateur - 7)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:35:42 Quote 
let it be a super rookie league and play out with amateurs relegated
Stuart Foster
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 19:45:56 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 19:47:18 door Stuart Foster) Quote 
I don't think you can make a clear cut league split like that. There are amateurs who relegate that simply made a financial miscalculation. I don't think that means they should be dumped automatically into a group filled with managers who are resetting each season. Manager's who are doing so on purpose and operating with a technical advantage over them (the fact that they won't try to promote means they have a financial advantage that is as much as their negative balance can take them at the final races of the season).

I think Robin's nod to another poster was correct tbh, the best approach for any newbie is to watch and learn from that person if they've a manager in their league performing on another level. And that's true at every level of the game, not just rookie. I don't see too much use in splitting it into effectively two tiers, it will create more problems than it would solve, just because any criteria that could be drawn up to put a certain type of performing manager in a group will always end up putting someone in it who shouldn't be there.
Lorne Taylor
(Groep Rookie - 46)

Land:
Canada 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 20:04:07 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 20:11:33 door Lorne Taylor) Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ April 24th 2020,18:09:34 )

it's not that hard to get to and stay in Amateur.

Oh, really?

Based on what?
Quote ( Clayton Green @ April 24th 2020,18:16:32 )

so then you can see where you went wrong.

It would be good if there was anything like a hint...
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 24th 2020,18:55:09 )

You know what I would really, really like to say to that?
Dominik Karda
(Groep Pro - 2)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 20:14:30 Quote 
Quote ( Lorne Taylor @ April 24th 2020,20:04:07 )

Oh, really?

Based on what?
If you find a decent driver in Ama and generally know what to do then yes, Ama isn't too much of a problem
Robbie Geerts
(Groep Amateur - 77)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (3)
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 20:28:03 Quote 
You learn NOTHING when watching, because you don't see any data from other drivers, only searching the forums, search online and willing to get better and better takes a lot of time here, so search the internet and you will be blessed with a lot of answers on your questions!

Fact: It's about time that we can see which tyre is used after closing the Quali's...
Juan Pereyra
(Groep Amateur - 54)

Land:
Argentinië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 20:37:38 (laatst aangepast Apr 24 2020, 20:38:23 door Juan Pereyra) Quote 
I think that everyone has its rights to play however it want
Mike Bennett
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 20:49:29 Quote 
Quote ( Robbie Geerts @ April 24th 2020,20:28:03 )

Fact: It's about time that we can see which tyre is used after closing the Quali's...

Perhaps some searching the forums would have revealed that this was always possible,
use this link:- /gb/race.asp?Group=Elite = live race

and then choose your group.
Eugen Kovacs
(Groep Amateur - 71)

Land:
Roemenië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 21:54:42 Quote 

Yeah, i suggested something similar, was not a very popular idea :(
Zé Pedro Paula
(Groep Rookie - 62)

Land:
Mozambique 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Apr 24 2020, 21:57:00 Quote 
Quote ( Lorne Taylor @ April 24th 2020,20:04:07 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 24th 2020,18:55:09 )

You know what I would really, really like to say to that?

No, but on a second thought, resets could happen only when anyone is below 30 million. Guys who made money wouldn't get punished for that.
Pagina [12 » Ga naar pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Stop reseting accounts in Rookie! Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht