Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Poll for ignore weather change based on remaining laps Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina [1
Forum onderwerp poll
Ignore weather change is lesw than x laps remaining
Sign in om te kunnen stemmen of de resultaten te kunnen zien
Auteur Onderwerp: Poll for ignore weather change based on remaining laps 9 antwoorden
Matthew Dunn
(Groep Amateur - 50)

Land:
Frankrijk 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 13:23:30 Quote 
This is jist for poll, as my previous post missed the poll

posted today at 13:20:05 Quote
Just like not pitting for technical reasons based on remaining laps it might be nice to be able to do same thing for weather change. So keep the wait x laps before tyre change bit also specify max remaining laps to take weather change into account.

It just adds a little bit more strategic control during race, allowong you to estimate time lost due to being wrong tyres vs extra stop, useful in changeable conditions, when rain stops more than once in a race.
Matthew Dunn
(Groep Amateur - 50)

Land:
Frankrijk 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 13:28:56 Quote 
Well so far this is extremely popular...
Keith Partridge
(Groep Amateur - 22)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 13:32:12 Quote 
As I said on your other thread I have been pushing for this for years... as a strategy game it gives an additional important option..... so good luck with it...

But I still would like to hear from those who opposed my suggestion before.... Mainly cos I cannot for the life of me remember the reasons they gave!!!!!
Erik Gaitz
(Groep Pro - 24)

Land:
Hongarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 13:41:37 Quote 
Don't refuel due to a weather change should be an option as well
Branislav Mihic
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Denemarken 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (11)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 13:53:31 (laatst aangepast Mei 22 2020, 13:56:31 door Branislav Mihić) Quote 
I am against it. As it is today, you have the option to choose how many laps you want to wait before pitting due to weather change. That is a strategic choice, which in my opinion, also makes sense at the very end of races.
With this suggestion, most of the managers would NOT pit a lap or two or three before the end. So you wouldn't gain anything.

For me, it falls into the same category as having the same tyres in qualifying as in the race. The key is that your strategy sometimes can backfire, and your suggestion wouldn't have any downside to it, so everyone would do the same strategy.
Matthew Dunn
(Groep Amateur - 50)

Land:
Frankrijk 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 17:33:28 Quote 
Quote ( Branislav Mihic @ May 22nd 2020,13:53:31 )

I am against it. As it is today, you have the option to choose how many laps you want to wait before pitting due to weather change. That is a strategic choice, which in my opinion, also makes sense at the very end of races.
With this suggestion, most of the managers would NOT pit a lap or two or three before the end. So you wouldn't gain anything.

For me, it falls into the same category as having the same tyres in qualifying as in the race. The key is that your strategy sometimes can backfire, and your suggestion wouldn't have any downside to it, so everyone would do the same strategy.

I think picking the number of laps is more complex than jist 2 or 3 everyone does the same., it depends on laptime on lets say wets on a dry track vs the correct dry tyres. This would change based on dry tyre type, driver talent etc, then you need to compare to pit time for the track plus possible refuel, and finally take into account overtaking on the track to decide whether track position is more important
Constantin Heller
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Duitsland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 17:41:27 Quote 
Quote ( Matthew Dunn @ May 22nd 2020,13:23:30 )

This is jist for poll, as my previous post missed the poll

yes/no polls aren't allowed anyway, I'd guess this post will be deleted, use the other one
Alessandro Casagrande
(Groep Pro - 13)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 17:58:26 Quote 
It would be just a basic calculation to decide how many laps on wrong tyres you can do to match the time lost due to the pit stop. I don't see much strategy in it.
Jon Day
(Groep Rookie - 115)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 18:05:29 Quote 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,13:32:12 )

Mainly cos I cannot for the life of me remember the reasons they gave!!!!!
They said it was shit!

Best wishes as always. Pona xx
Florencia Caro
(Groep Elite)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Argentinië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Mei 22 2020, 18:50:20 Quote 
Please use the original topic for discussion: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29456#scroll
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Poll for ignore weather change based on remaining laps Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Dit onderwerp werd gesloten door de moderators!