Pagina [1
Auteur Onderwerp: Pit-Stop 11 antwoorden
Giannese Cristian
(Groep Amateur - 60)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (4)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Nov 7 2020, 21:14:50 Quote 

Hi, I would like to ask if it was possible to introduce a change to the game, the modification would be the possibility of only changing tires in case of rain without refueling.
I apologize if there were grammatical errors I use the google translator.
Thanks Cristian Giannese
Yakup Paçacı
(Groep Pro - 11)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 05:46:36 Quote 
what will this option do?
Tibor Szuromi
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Hongarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 06:36:15 Quote 
@Giannese Cristian (A60) Are you thinking about a weather change?
(rain-dry, dry-rain)
Yakup Paçacı
(Groep Pro - 11)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 07:09:08 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ November 8th 2020,06:36:15 )

Are you thinking about a weather change?

I think " this is just a tire change without fuel, keep the pit short."he meant.
Tibor Szuromi
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Hongarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 07:18:19 Quote 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ November 8th 2020,07:09:08 )

I think " this is just a tire change without fuel, keep the pit short."he meant.
I am thinking of alleviating the disadvantages of too much excess fuel.
(It is often longer to change wheels than refueling.)
Giannese Cristian
(Groep Amateur - 60)

Land:
Italië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 08:13:04 Quote 
I only intended to change tires if the race goes from wet to dry and from dry to exact wet without refueling
Tibor Szuromi
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Hongarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 08:29:30 Quote 
Quote ( Giannese Cristian @ November 8th 2020,08:13:04 )

I only intended to change tires if the race goes from wet to dry and from dry to exact wet without refueling

I think the tactical repertoire would be less exciting / interesting / varied.
Yakup Paçacı
(Groep Pro - 11)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 09:14:38 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ November 8th 2020,07:18:19 )

Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ November 8th 2020,07:09:08 )

I think " this is just a tire change without fuel, keep the pit short."he meant. I am thinking of alleviating the disadvantages of too much excess fuel.
(It is often longer to change wheels than refueling.)

but, very short in f1 only 2-3 second change

Quentin Rieg
(Groep Rookie - 23)

Land:
Frankrijk 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 10:43:49 Quote 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ November 8th 2020,09:14:38 )

but, very short in f1 only 2-3 second change

It's 13 for Ferrari tho :)
Augusto Carlos
(Groep Amateur - 40)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 12:57:49 (laatst aangepast Nov 8 2020, 13:06:04 door Augusto Carlos) Quote 

Maybe one option is to put less fuel than the ja in the tankin

Vesa Ritvanen
(Groep Pro - 5)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (4)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 13:51:33 Quote 
I bet you would be furious if you pit after rain stop and change tyres and then after couple laps you pit again to add some fuel.
Mike Bennett
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Nov 8 2020, 16:52:33 Quote 
Quote ( Giannese Cristian @ November 7th 2020,21:14:50 )

Hi, I would like to ask if it was possible to introduce a change to the game, the modification would be the possibility of only changing tires in case of rain without refueling.
I apologize if there were grammatical errors I use the google translator.
Thanks Cristian Giannese

So firstly (as Yakup posted) you give no explanation as to how this would improve the gameplay
or the race strategy and under which circumstances this would be a benefit or even how this would be implemented.

So let's explore some of the possible options for the strategy section.

Weather change fuelling options:- (certain option are either/or)

Do not refuel/top up when pitting for any weather change/tyre pitstop.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x litres remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x litres remaining.

Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a wet to dry weather change/tyre pitstop.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a wet to dry weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a wet to dry weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a wet to dry weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x litres remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a wet to dry weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x litres remaining.

Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a dry to wet weather change/tyre pitstop.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a dry to wet weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a dry to wet weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x laps remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a dry to wet weather change/tyre pitstop if more than x litres remaining.
Do not refuel/top up when pitting for a dry to wet weather change/tyre pitstop if less than x litres remaining.

There may be even more options available?

Going back to just a simplified version of your suggestion and looking at the last race we can see that if you had
this option, it would not have helped you.

You pitted on lap on lap 32 as you had no fuel,(the same as me) so you have to pit to refuel, the rain stopped
on lap 34 and you pitted on lap 35 as you still had rain tyres, whereas I did not pit as I was already on dry tyres
and saving the extra pitstop.

32 1:34.772 33 Rain Rain 41° 95% Pit
33 2:03.088 34 Hard Rain 41° 95% -
34 1:16.729 34 Hard Very Cloudy 41° 94% -

So the extra pitstop you had could very easily have been avoided using the existing options in the race strategy section.

Now if you had fuel left to go beyond lap 34 (weather change) say 2+ laps, you would have to pit again to refuel,
so you still have 2 pitstops compared to only 1 using the existing options available.

I addition to this it appears from your pitstops (laps32/35/61) that you just used a 2 stop dry fuel strategy
without analysing the weather forecast?

Just a simple calc 32 wet laps X 0.84 = 26.88 dry laps, ( 0-32 = 32wet laps, 61-34 = 27 dry laps).

Now let's have a look at this race (16) with a mixed weather rain forecast rather than a simple 1 weather change race.

From past data, we know that depending on temp/tyre supplier/compound/fuel/risks we have the option of 1-4 pitstops
with 3 weather changes.

When you analyse the number of pitstops options vs your option to not refuel, you ended up with additional pitstop/s.

Without having your option you already have the ability to reduce your pitstops and adjust the race strategy to the optimum.

It would appear from initial reading that this is just an option for managers who are unable or unwilling to spend
anytime analysing the race/weather combinations and possible variations which is a big part of playing this game and
is one of the more interesting aspects of the game.

However, I do not see where not refuelling when stopping for tyres would be of any benefit but I am not here to defend your suggestion it is for you to provide substantiation with examples that we can analyse and discuss.

Note, When pitting the fuel is only topped up to the fuel set and is done at the same time the tyres are changed
and not in addition too so any time saving by not refuelling may only be minimal.

Pagina [1

Antwoord op dit bericht